Spider-Man 4 - Morlun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
I heard on the radio today that Morlun will be the villain of Spider-Man 4 and that Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi are not going to be attached to the film.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

I like Morlun ... but he only lasted for a couple of years, made a handful of appearances, died, came back, died again ... not exactly the staying power of Green Goblin, Venom or even Electro.

Grinning Goku
Morlun really isn't well known enough, though. If Raimi and Tobey won't be attached to 4, it shouldn't be made. I was against a fourth Spider-Man film from the get go. A nice trilogy would be ideal for me, four is really pushing it.

Scoobless
It was never going to be a "trilogy" ... hell ... the only way you'll get them to stop making these films is if you get everyone to stop going to see them .... even if 3 sucks I'll still go to 4.

embarrasment

I can see Spider-Man accumulating as many films as James Bond over the next 30 years.

no expression

manjaro
thats how actors are, they are not willing to be tied down to the same project for most of their careers. its not like back in the day when they made a million police academy films with basically the same group of actors or how "Ernest went...." every damn where back in the late 80s to early 90's. or how shatner did a handful of star trek movies.

so these days studios have to get creative, and lock actors down with "sequel clauses" in thier contracts or just say screw it and get them to film a whole trilogy in one fell swoop. so Part 3 is probably gonna be it for tobey...

Scoobless
Looks like it ... if they hadn't cast Topher to play Venom in SM 3, he could have made a decent Peter Parker for SM 4.

erm

DigiMark007
Spidey or movies forum. Kthxs.

DigiMark007
Actually, just moving I guess...

Scoobless
Damn right "just moving" ... try to close my thread will ya?

miffed

NoFate007
Originally posted by Scoobless
I can see Spider-Man accumulating as many films as James Bond over the next 30 years.

no expression

I love Spidey, but there's no way he has the ability to have 21+ movies. In the comics and such, you can bring characters back, but they're not going to want to bring dead villains back to life in movies and recast them with other people and just make it another version of a previous one. Bond has a much simpler formula, so its easier to make more, but with Spider-Man, you need more than just "Peter tries to stop a villain" like a lot of the comics tend to be.

As for Spider-Man 4, there's no way Morlun is the main villain. He's simply not as well known as some others. If we even do get SM4, which still isn't 100%, the best chances for villains are Carnage, Lizard, Electro, and Scorpion, not necessarily in that order. They're not going to headline a new Spider-Man trilogy with Morlun or even someone like Shocker because it won't pack a punch to make people see a 5th. That's the problem with multiple sequels. You always need to top the last one.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I read online that Morlin might be in Spidey four. That would be cool. As for Maguire and Raimi, we all just have to wait and see.

phillipan
Black Cats character was supposed to be introduced in Spiderman 3 but they said they didnt have enough time for the character so if they do make a fourth it would make sense to include her because thats an edge they havent considered (a female hero/villain whichever they decide to portray her).

Also why wouldnt Toby want to do a fourth film when hes getting paid as much as he does. Seriosly what was the last movie hes done besides spiderman, ....seabiscuit?

DarkDethbringer
dude if they need a new Peter Parker, just cast Jake Gyllenhaal, hes an older version of Tobey. plus they havent decided no one knows if they stay but if Tobey leaves Raimi leaves, and if he leaves Kirsten Dunst leaves, Morlun would make a great villain jst sso Mysterio gets a bigger part and Campbell still plays him

NoFate007
Maguire won't want to do anymore because like most actors, he doesn't want to be typecast, though he has a big enough ego not to realize that he's already accomplished that by not doing ANYTHING worth notification between these Spider-Man films. Look at Christian Bale. He's done a few drastically different films as well as The Prestige, which separates him from Batman. Maguire's done nothing really.

But I'd actually prefer him not to come back and to be replaced by Gyllenhaal. I'm not the biggest JG fan, but I think he'd have more fun with it, play off the witty side of Peter more than the whining little ***** that Maguire likes to keep a choke hold on lol.

DarkCrawler
F*CK no. Lizard would make like million times better story. Screw Morlun, I want my damn famous Spidey villains. Maguire is OK though, although I want my Spidey to be FUNNY. That's easily his most famous quality. I would have done a sideproject of all the jokes Spider-Man has thrown over the years as part of my Respect Thread until I realized that I would have had pretty much write something from every page he has been in...

Maguire isn't funny. He's a bit whiny.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Spidey four is going to happen. Perhaps with Maguire.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=40891

As for Morlun, he makes an intriguing villian. He could be in part four, If not down the road. Part four should involve The Lizard and maybe one more. There is potential to do one Spiderman movie every two to three years. Its a +billion dollar franchise that is not going to go away anytime soon.

DarkDethbringer
its gotta have more than just Lizard. Like since the standard now is 3, 2 and a half as far as im concerned for Harry OsBourne. BUT for the sequel id suggest, as teh ,main Villain (Venom in 3) either Morlun or Venom. if the latter have Carnage as well. but if the former, have Lizard, and try and incorporate The Kingpin (Played by King Kong Bundy) then Electro. and if the Venom storyline have Ezekial in the mix as well. thats my take onit

King Kandy
Morlun would be awesome. He was never utalized to his full story potential.

DarkDethbringer
indeed only peolpe who havent read the comics very much, would think Morlun incapable of a major movie villain

Wolverine2006
Morlun would not end up being magical...probably scientific like another OZ type of serum

DarkDethbringer
well they have RELATIVELY kept true to the origins, Venom the most so far, his seems to be identical. least similar so far seems to be Octopuss

grey fox
Originally posted by NoFate007
Maguire won't want to do anymore because like most actors, he doesn't want to be typecast, though he has a big enough ego not to realize that he's already accomplished that by not doing ANYTHING worth notification between these Spider-Man films. Look at Christian Bale. He's done a few drastically different films as well as The Prestige, which separates him from Batman. Maguire's done nothing really.

But I'd actually prefer him not to come back and to be replaced by Gyllenhaal. I'm not the biggest JG fan, but I think he'd have more fun with it, play off the witty side of Peter more than the whining little ***** that Maguire likes to keep a choke hold on lol.

I dont know about NOTHING. I mean he did seabiscuit, which I thought was ok.

DarkDethbringer
ugh, i came THIS close to watching it, but we were able to see Pirates of the Carribean instead, fweew

Dinalfos
I'd love to see less traditional and conventional villains from Spidey's rogue gallery. Bring it on. But that would also mean that the tone of the movie is going to be darker, which is good.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Dinalfos
I'd love to see less traditional and conventional villains from Spidey's rogue gallery. Bring it on. But that would also mean that the tone of the movie is going to be darker, which is good.

A darker tone is definitely good.

Wolverine2006
If Morlun is in the next one I hope he eats Spidey's eye, I wuld like Morlun, Carnage or Lizard. Carnage could be completely blood red but with black webs on his suit.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
If Morlun is in the next one I hope he eats Spidey's eye, I wuld like Morlun, Carnage or Lizard. Carnage could be completely blood red but with black webs on his suit.

I doubt that would happen, unless they're going for an R rated film.

Wolverine2006
Ya I guess...but Carnage wuld be really cool

DarkDethbringer
heheh i hope they cover the, Identity Crisis, and The Other story lines

Paola
Originally posted by Scoobless
Damn right "just moving" ... try to close my thread will ya?

miffed

ok yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.