4 of you tried to kill me in the past.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainJacksLuv
looking at that part when he says the title quote, Tia couldnt have done it, either would will. We know that liz is the "one of you succeeded" and we know one is barbossa, would the other be pintel and ragetti?

PirateDiva
thats what i keep saying....but ppl insist its Will and Tia! so i dont know!

savvysparrow
I believe Terry has cleared this up on Word player.

The four people are indeed, Will, Tia, Elizabeth and Barbossa.

Will has tried to kill Jack twice. The first time is in COTBP. He hits Jack in the head with an oar, and leaves him at the mercy of the pirates who want to kill him. The second time is on the Isle Cruces during the three way sword fight. He flat out threatens Jack's life.

In the script for the third movie, it's insinuated that Tia tried to kill him.

CaptainJacksLuv
but will never trie to kill him, he allied with jack to get liz bak, and he threatened to kill him when he asked for the compass.

and if you didnt notice tia was exited to see jack again, duh! lol

savvysparrow
Ha, I'm just telling you what Terry, one of the writers of the film firmly stated and since he co-wrote the series, I'd take his word for it.

I can try and find the quote in which Tia is implied in trying to kill Jack but even in DMC, he is frightened of her. When he goes to visit her, Gibbs is worried that she might try to "stab him in the back". To which Jack replies: "It's me front I'm worried about".

And in AWE: This is the scene which we're currently discussing:

JACK
Why should I sail with any of you? Four of you have tried to kill me in the past.
(he gets to Elizabeth)
One of you succeeded.

Will is startled. Jack notices.

JACK (cont'd)
She hasn't told you? Then you'll have lots to talk about while you're here.
(to Tia Dalma)
As for you --

TIA DALMA
Oh, don't tell me you didn't enjoy it at the time.

JACK
That's fair. All right, you're in.

Will has tried to kill Jack twice and will make another attempt in AWE. Don't let the facade fool you.

mmoviejunkie
will has definatly tried to kill jack before...it may not him trying to chop his head off, but his intent is to kill him

CaptainJacksLuv
kk.....i just dont usually read wat ted and terry write, coz sometimes they lie, and some tells us EXACTLY wat happens, and i liek surprises.

Minie Mina
Will tried to kill him. Of course he did.

Ragetti and Pintel are not guilty, it's different from being innocent. They just watched and went along with the mutiny of Jack.

It's not that hard, people. big grin

-savvychick-
omg...I love ur siggy and avvy mina!

and the name...very cutebig grin

Minie Mina
Thank you! lol

JaehSkywalker
Mina i love your sig!!!! (getting tired of this statement yet? i love it for real though....)

i told my bro that those four tried to kill him.. i was actually guessing then.. and i was right? wow.

Minie Mina
I thought it was obvious ...

Posted by Terry on Thursday, 29 March 2007, at 1:01 a.m., in response to Due to rampant speculation, I hope a T does answer@, posted by Sparrabeth Rules on Wednesday, 28 March 2007, at 8:01 p.m.

... it has to be Barbossa, Will, Elizabeth, and Tia Dalma.

The members of the crew Jack lets off the hook (Cotton, Marty, Pintel, Ragetti, Cotton's Parrot) because he sees Barbossa as the architect of the mutiny.

http://www.wordplayer.com/forums/movies/index.cgi?read=96163

PirateDiva
u win! big grin

willofthewisp
Plus, when Jack asks why Will makes all those swords and practices with them he says it's so he can kill a pirate when he finds one. Also, he tries to kill him on Isla de Cruces and he's about to let Norrington do it instead until Jack opens his mouth and causes trouble again. I think Jack considers both those times attempted murder.

I want to know how he got out of Tia trying to do him in. I think of all the 4 that tried, she would succeed the easiest.

Ericadawn
hehe, being an imprisoned Goddess and all...

Minie Mina
Like I said, Ragetti and Pintel are not guilty. It's different than being innocent.

Bloomaholic
I don't think it's Pintel and Ragetti..I don't know about Will...but Barbossa has to be one, he left Jack on the island :P

Minie Mina
Dear William tried to kill him...smile

Bloomaholic
that's fine :P i just dont think that Pintel & Ragetti did either

when did Will try to kill him? lol :P no one likes Jack wink

lovethemtigers
Yes, Dear William tried to kill him several times...how about when Jack helped him and led him to Elizabeth, just as he promised and Dear William decides to knock Jack over the head with a paddle and leave him for dead to face the pirates.....

lovethemtigers
terry's reply on wordplayer is strange...he names cotton, marty and mr. cotton's parrot as getting of the hook but ...I'm confused ....I don't think they were part of Jack's crew when he was captain of the Black Pearl in those early days, or else they would have been victims of the curse just as all the others on board the Pearl were...jack doesn't meet them until Mr. Gibbs rounds them up for him in Tortuga in his quest to regain the Pearl and help Will find his Bonny Lass...so why did terry include these three in that ....

Bloomaholic
ohhhh yeah! i forgot about that :P

Minie Mina
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
terry's reply on wordplayer is strange...he names cotton, marty and mr. cotton's parrot as getting of the hook but ...I'm confused ....I don't think they were part of Jack's crew when he was captain of the Black Pearl in those early days, or else they would have been victims of the curse just as all the others on board the Pearl were...jack doesn't meet them until Mr. Gibbs rounds them up for him in Tortuga in his quest to regain the Pearl and help Will find his Bonny Lass...so why did terry include these three in that ....

Because they kept to the code...

When a man falls behind, stands behind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.