Kitty pride

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
aka shadowcat

which tier does she fall under in fighting skill?

Soljer
Comic book questions - this really doesn't need it's own thread.

Disappear
she beat logan retarded. trained the shit out of by ogun. if writers wanted to use her as a ninja-esque character, they could. but they often don't. she's still good enough to beat emma up while standing on the other side of a wall.

capt it up
she did not beat logan in a fair fight.....logan would not kill her......

capt it up
ya kitty could be a ninja in a sense though she actaully more akin to a samuria. She actually extremely skilled having mastered a few styles of samuria fighting. She also trained in a number of other styles. One is a jewish style of combat that also you to attack with certain parts of your body with extreme amount of power whichout injury to your self

Morridini
Do she still have that dragon? And can it help her or just fly around?

capt it up
yes, but im talking about her fighting skill.......

The Pict
Originally posted by Morridini
Do she still have that dragon? And can it help her or just fly around?

He beat Ord (by setting his face alight) after Ord had just given the X-men a bit of a pasting.

AcousticDoc
Probably just a tad below psyclocke's fighting ability.

willRules
Kitty is waaayyy underestimated........

Plus I'm pretty sure it's spelt Pryde yes

DarkCrawler
Best student of Ogun ever, as said by Ogun himself. When Ogun's leftover students were looking for a leader, they didn't go to Wolverine, they went to Shadowcat. I'd say a little bit under Nightwing level myself. Batman level when you go with swordfighting though.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2734/77swordtrickcw3.jpg

He even beat Silver Samurai, who said that she might even be better then Logan. Plus she knows Krav Maga, an Israeli army fighting style...But she could not beat Logan in purely hand to hand...with phasing she could though. Plus she is of course closest to Wolverine and was trained by him to...

My favorite X-Man, anyway.

leonidas
maybe not the right spot, but a good question. i was trying to figure out where to place kitty. i figured mid-tier based on overall power? erm

DarkCrawler
I'd say street level but then there is the whole phasing thing that enables her to survive island sized nukes and being right in front of the engines of leaving space shuttle and waltz in the core of Earth...

Soljer
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I'd say street level but then there is the whole phasing thing that enables her to survive island sized nukes and being right in front of the engines of leaving space shuttle and waltz in the core of Earth...

Exactly. The fact that she is pretty much TOTALLY invulnerable puts her at mid-tier, at least.

capt it up
i am talking about what tier is her fighting skill on not her powers lol

Rick/Genis
Well, what are all the tiers? I've heard Mid-Tier and Top-Tier... oh and street leveler. What else is there?

capt it up
fighting skill tiers and power level tiers are different........

Tha C-Master
Just under the best with plenty of potential, IMO.

capt it up
so what like 2nd tier?

Rick/Genis
so how many fighting tiers are there?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by capt it up
so what like 2nd tier? For now yes. But only barely IMO.

Rick/Genis

Martian_mind
http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/139226/michael_jackson/Michael%20Jackson%20-%20Billiejean

Rick/Genis
are you just going to play billie jean for everyone?

Martian_mind
.....Maybe..

capt it up
Originally posted by Rick/Genis

5 or 7 I think..........

capt it up
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
For now yes. But only barely IMO.

I was thinking the same thing, but what about people like black widow who are consider 2nd tier, but are deffinetly more skileld the kitty........

Rick/Genis
so what's a 7?

capt it up
people that are not skilled at all I would assume

Soljer
Seven are actually the most skilled. Wolverine and Captain America are seven's.

Second tier would, I guess, refer to 'six.'

Rick/Genis
wait.... so do they get BETTER as they go higher or worse? Capt says worse... Soljer says best... I'm confused confused

Soljer
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
wait.... so do they get BETTER as they go higher or worse? Capt says worse... Soljer says best... I'm confused confused

As far as like..handbook ratings go, there are seven grades. Seven is the best. One is the worst. Captain America and Wolverine are seven's.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
As far as like..handbook ratings go, there are seven grades. Seven is the best. One is the worst. Captain America and Wolverine are seven's.
ya soljer right.

most people when they say tier mean first is the best however by hand book it actaully 7 that is the best

Soljer
ya soljer right.

most people when they say tier mean first is the best however by hand book it actaully 7 that is the best

Yup.

If you wanted to compare the two, you could say;

Top tier = 7, Second tier = 6, Third tier = 5, and so on.

The problem there is, I believe character like Shang Chi and Iron Fist are only rated as five's, when they are actually very much top tier. Same goes for Daredevil, who may be a six.

marvelprince
Yup.

If you wanted to compare the two, you could say;

Top tier = 7, Second tier = 6, Third tier = 5, and so on.

The problem there is, I believe character like Shang Chi and Iron Fist are only rated as five's, when they are actually very much top tier. Same goes for Daredevil, who may be a six.

The thing with Shang and Danny is that they take number of styles and stuff into effect when rating them. Shang is the MASTER of Kung Fu, but thats really all he knows. Same with Danny. Matt only knows asian style and boxing (an his own personal style which is a mix of the two).

Cap and Wolverine know a variety of different styles so that would add to their score.

capt it up
Originally posted by marvelprince
The thing with Shang and Danny is that they take number of styles and stuff into effect when rating them. Shang is the MASTER of Kung Fu, but thats really all he knows. Same with Danny. Matt only knows asian style and boxing (an his own personal style which is a mix of the two).

Cap and Wolverine know a variety of different styles so that would add to their score.
I agree

Rick/Genis
That makes sense.

Hey Does Karnak know any fighting styles or just the weakness thing?

capt it up
not sure I always thought Karnak was overrated........

Tha C-Master
Excess styles don't really mean a whole lot though (because they begin to cross and become similar), it's how good your ability itself is. It's very vague, and the description of a seven is "knowledge of all styles", which I don't think either Cap or Logan know all fighting styles, so that interpretation of ranking is BS.

capt it up
I know wolverine has been stated as knowing all forms........

Tha C-Master
Which I find BS for anyone, there are new forms being made all the time, people like me make their own forms using their knowledge of other forms. Noone can know all forms.

He's a ninja, Samuria, agent, etc. I don't see where that equates to knowing all forms for he, Cap, or anyone else.

Symmetric Chaos
Which I find BS for anyone, there are new forms being made all the time, people like me make their own forms using their knowledge of other forms. Noone can know all forms.

He's a ninja, Samuria, agent, etc. I don't see where that equates to knowing all forms for he, Cap, or anyone else.

I suppose he could become an expert in a huge number to martial arts and then extrapolate from them to know many others.

Many types of martial arts are redundant and exist in various places as well.

Tha C-Master
I agree. It's the same thing with languages, but you still won't know every single language known to man. In some parts of the world the language changes every couple of miles.

The Pict
The handbooks are a bit messed up. X-23 has only been around for a couple of years and I doubt she merits being a level 6 fighter.

willRules
Originally posted by The Pict
The handbooks are a bit messed up. X-23 has only been around for a couple of years and I doubt she merits being a level 6 fighter.

Everyone wants their character to be the best, there is very little middle ground these days yes

Symmetric Chaos
I agree. It's the same thing with languages, but you still won't know every single language known to man. In some parts of the world the language changes every couple of miles.

Well he would be wrong in a literal sense but still superior to just about anybody. Add in the fact that he's probably seen some movies from which he can replicate feats and you have someone who can just about claim to know every martial art in the world (honestly who's gonna check up on that).

Since he'd certainly have training in every well known martial and various obscure ones the odds of him discovering a martial art which he doesn't know anything similar is virtually nil.

srug IMO as far as MarvelEarth goes he probably does know every martial art he'll ever encounter. Sure he doesn't have real grounding for such a claim as knowing every martial art in the world but in practice he's just about the same as someone who really does.

capt it up

why it BS again? He been around for over a 100 years. He trained all over the world. He been trained by the best h2h fighters of the time. It likly he knows every style he will ever encounter.

capt it up
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well he would be wrong in a literal sense but still superior to just about anybody. Add in the fact that he's probably seen some movies from which he can replicate feats and you have someone who can just about claim to know every martial art in the world (honestly who's gonna check up on that).

Since he'd certainly have training in every well known martial and various obscure ones the odds of him discovering a martial art which he doesn't know anything similar is virtually nil.

srug IMO as far as MarvelEarth goes he probably does know every martial art he'll ever encounter. Sure he doesn't have real grounding for such a claim as knowing every martial art in the world but in practice he's just about the same as someone who really does.
smile

Martian_mind
Cable woulds be one of the most skilled fighters.Hell he is.

He studied History records,fought in every timeline,spent 60+years fighting every day......

capt it up
why the hell did you even bring up cable.........no offense, but was any one even talking about cable.......

capt it up
hse been trained since he was but a bady in combat.........she ahs more combat training then most hero's get in a life time.........

Martian_mind
why the hell did you even bring up cable.........no offense, but was any one even talking about cable.......

They were talking about skill and experience.Cable was relevant.

Also Cap,I don't think you should about people bringing up irrelevant Characters lol.

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
They were talking about skill and experience.Cable was relevant.

Also Cap,I don't think you should about people bringing up irrelevant Characters lol.

No they were talking about wolverine and such knowing all thoses styles and then out of no were you bring up cable.......

I hardly ever bring up characters first I just correct others when they talk about another character........

either way I did not care I just found it a little random that cable was brought up when the thread is about kitty pryde.

dam and no one really answered my question any ways. My threads always get so off topic.........

capt it up
Cable woulds be one of the most skilled fighters.Hell he is.

He studied History records,fought in every timeline,spent 60+years fighting every day......
still less expereince then wolverine stick out tongue lol

The Pict
hse been trained since he was but a bady in combat.........she ahs more combat training then most hero's get in a life time.........

Trained by very few people.

Soljer
still less expereince then wolverine stick out tongue lol
Untrue.

Cable lived, slept, ate, and breathed combat. Day by day since birth, he was in the heat of battle.

Wolverine spent decades in the wilderness, and even when he worked as a CIA operative or Samurai, he hardly spent every single day in battle. Cable's probably seen much more in his sixty years than Wolverine's seen in three times that.

capt it up
Untrue.

Cable lived, slept, ate, and breathed combat. Day by day since birth, he was in the heat of battle.

Wolverine spent decades in the wilderness, and even when he worked as a CIA operative or Samurai, he hardly spent every single day in battle. Cable's probably seen much more in his sixty years than Wolverine's seen in three times that.

actaully it is true.

When he was in the CIA he run missions after missions. Whne he was a samuria he trained constantly. Fighting Ogun often. When he was on world war one, two, vietnam, korea and so on he was fighting day in and out. He has vastly more experience in combat and training. Also he did not spend decades in the woods he spent like 5 years tops.

Not to mention the fact he has all of Ogun expereince...........

Martian_mind
Cable is a telepath and has read the minds of hs solidiers and knows their skills.

Plus Cable has been back in time and would know several long-dead Ma's.

Grimm22
she did not beat logan in a fair fight.....logan would not kill her......

Are you talking about powers or no powers?

And to answer your question she's about a 4 or 5 out of 7 in terms of skills

capt it up
Cable is a telepath and has read the minds of hs solidiers and knows their skills.

Plus Cable has been back in time and would know several long-dead Ma's.
he takes his soldiers skills now? really and this has been shown?

again speculation. Yes he may know some dead MA that however does not mean he has there knowledge. Also logan knows many dead MA as well and so does his master who lived over a 1000 years..........

in terms of experience wolverine> cable

Soljer
Well, for one, he has read the mind and had the culmination of knowledge of every living being on the planet.

For two, he has surfed the entire infonet, and has had the culmination of every piece of electronic knowledge on the planet.

capt it up
Well, for one, he has read the mind and had the culmination of knowledge of every living being on the planet.

For two, he has surfed the entire infonet, and has had the culmination of every piece of electronic knowledge on the planet.
hreally no any this has been stated? please I highly doubt any of this has been stated. If this was even true that would make cable the best fighter in the world by far and we all know he not.

NiņoAraņa
hreally no any this has been stated? please I highly doubt any of this has been stated. If this was even true that would make cable the best fighter in the world by far and we all know he not. no it wouldn't no expression

he can SEE that knowledge doesn't mean he keeps/uses it no expression

and it has been stated...alot....in C/DP

capt it up

The Pict
Originally posted by Grimm22
Are you talking about powers or no powers?

And to answer your question she's about a 4 or 5 out of 7 in terms of skills

thumb up

I'd place her at 5 as she is surely a master of her Ninja style.

Grimm22
thumb up

I'd place her at 5 as she is surely a master of her Ninja style.

Yeah I guess, but I would probably put her at 4, mainly because we hardly ever see her use her h2h skills erm

Tha C-Master
why it BS again? He been around for over a 100 years. He trained all over the world. He been trained by the best h2h fighters of the time. It likly he knows every style he will ever encounter. Because there are new styles all of the time, there is no way he could know every single one, that's just stupid. He might know the basic of most styles, but alot of styles are individual to that person.

It's even stupid to think about, Cap, Batman, Logan, or anyone who isn't supernatural in the aspect of fighting (meaning they have some special way they know styles, or they just know all the styles without training), would know all of the ones that have existed.

{{QS}}
This all depends on wether kitty's power is incorporated into her combat.I think she once let a punch pass through her into a brick wall then moved away sealing the guy in the wall, and then proceeded to K.O him with a touch.On the other hand Deadpool once upper-cutted clean out.

capt it up
Because there are new styles all of the time, there is no way he could know every single one, that's just stupid. He might know the basic of most styles, but alot of styles are individual to that person.

It's even stupid to think about, Cap, Batman, Logan, or anyone who isn't supernatural in the aspect of fighting (meaning they have some special way they know styles, or they just know all the styles without training), would know all of the ones that have existed.

Logan master ogun tranfered his knowledge which was over 1000 years into logan..........Ogun had supernatural means of gaining knowledge on fighting styles..........

Tha C-Master
That isn't the same as Logan knowing every style that is being made all of the time. Styles go back to early mankind as well.

I'm not saying he doesn't know several, just not all.

capt it up
That isn't the same as Logan knowing every style that is being made all of the time. Styles go back to early mankind as well.

I'm not saying he doesn't know several, just not all.
he could know all achknoledged styles in world.

Also ogun could steal peoples memories and knowledge of styles.......

Tha C-Master
What's an acknowledged style?

It's described statistically that Cap and characters like Logan and so forth know "all" styles. All, every single style above ground, under ground, and the like. In that aspect the person who mentioned Cable would be right. But in the sense of him mastering every style ever known (just because he was trained by someone who is over 1,000 years old), it doesn't make sense. Where is it even mentioned in his character at all, where has he said this?

Sin I AM
knowing all styles is extremely ridiclous....even for logan

sidenote I think miss kitty ranks about a 4

and Nate without pis/cis should dominate logan 10/10 times

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.