I like manga universe better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
I like the manga universe better then ultimate.

I like the whole spin and how it almost completely different from the 616 yet the character still retain similar personalities.

H. S. 6
The writing for Marvel Manga is horrible.

Redatom65
Originally posted by H. S. 6

cosigned

Disappear
doctor doom was really t'channa, the mysterious sister of the black panther. what a twist!

Soljer

Understatement.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by capt it up
I like the manga universe better then ultimate.

I like the whole spin and how it almost completely different from the 616 yet the character still retain similar personalities.

You would.

Soljer
Originally posted by Nataku8188
You would.

Aww, you're such a sweetie.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Soljer
Aww, you're such a sweetie.

I try, I really do. I just can't stop.

capt it up
I only read the x-men and spiderman issues........

I found spiderman to be really funny.

I also liked the run they did were every one was killed off, but a select few.........

King KAM
I only read the x-men and spiderman issues........

I found spiderman to be really funny.

I also liked the run they did were every one was killed off, but a select few......... ....its no worse than the ****ing shit job theyve done with wolverine his book has sucked since millar left.

capt it up
Originally posted by King KAM
....its no worse than the ****ing shit job theyve done with wolverine his book has sucked since millar left.
shit job? He wrong have bee good since then. I enjoyed civil war as well as his current wolverine sabertooth fights.

also enjoyed orgins

there has been nothing wrong with his comic your just sore about the whole capt thing........

grey fox
I like some of the new spins they give certain characters and how their redesigns fit their 'manga' -ness if you understand me.

capt it up
yes like I for one liked the spiderman mary jane spin.

Endless Mike

Cosigned again

Psyquis52
Have to say that I absolutely hate what they did to the Punisher and Ghost Rider in that series. It's awful.

grey fox
I know punisher was some kind of Oni killing Geisha but what was Ghost Rider ?

CasanoVa

What can you expect? it's manga after all, it was always doomed to be awful.

Oh yeah, I went there.

grey fox
Originally posted by CasanoVa

Oh yeah, I went there.

*Punches V in the Bollocks*

Symmetric Chaos

Oh yeah, I went there.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
roll eyes (sarcastic)

angel_not

Grimm22
Regular Manga = Garbage

Marvel Manga = Who the *uck thought this was a good idea

Endless Mike
Lots of regular manga does suck, but if you want an example of a good one, try Berserk.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Grimm22
Regular Manga = Garbage

Marvel Manga = Who the *uck thought this was a good idea

There is no such thing as a bad idea, just poorly exe-

Yeah I couldn't finish that, Marvel Manga definetly was a very poor idea. Didn't they try and make Wolverine a rapist in it aswell? Damn, I'd rather painstakingly read DBZ or Naruto then watch Japanese Wolverine trying to rape anything with legs.

Symmetric Chaos
Damn, I'd rather painstakingly read DBZ or Naruto.

If thats the only anime or manga that you've seen I can understand.

grey fox
There is no such thing as a bad idea, just poorly exe-

Yeah I couldn't finish that, Marvel Manga definetly was a very poor idea. Didn't they try and make Wolverine a rapist in it aswell? Damn, I'd rather painstakingly read DBZ or Naruto then watch Japanese Wolverine trying to rape anything with legs.

Dub Naruto is horrific.

Good anime/manga to watch/read....

Hellsing (Manga + Original Series + OVA) , Beserk , Lunar Legend Tsukihime (Anime) , Trigun (Either), subbed One Piece( Anime).

Ect

Accel
The dubbing of Naruto is pretty good. The worst complaints I've heard from people who are hard-core Naruto fans is that the dub pronounces "jit-su" as "jut-su" and there's not as much blood.

I've been watching One Piece for the past few months now and while it is good, it has got to have the most overly dramatic characters I've ever seen.

Alfheim
edit

Grimm22
Originally posted by Accel
The dubbing of Naruto is pretty good. The worst complaints I've heard from people who are hard-core Naruto fans is that the dub pronounces "jit-su" as "jut-su" and there's not as much blood.

I've been watching One Piece for the past few months now and while it is good, it has got to have the most overly dramatic characters I've ever seen.

I think its more like the voice acting

Seriously, "Believe it"?!?! What the f**k?

Nataku8188
Originally posted by grey fox
Dub Naruto is horrific.

Good anime/manga to watch/read....

Hellsing (Manga + Original Series + OVA) , Beserk , Lunar Legend Tsukihime (Anime) , Trigun (Either), subbed One Piece( Anime).

Ect

Hellsing - Crap

Berserk - Crap

Lunar legend whatever - Crap

trigun - Crap

One piece - Crap

Symmetric Chaos
I think its more like the voice acting

Seriously, "Believe it"?!?! What the f**k?

Actually the whole point of the "Believe it!" line is to make Naruto sound like an idiot.

Dattebayo (the original line) is complete nonsense the best translation would probably be something along the lines of "I'm so cool" which doesn't fit with the animation and frankly sounds even stupider.

capt it up
I like trigun

I like naruto.

I like yu yu hakishu. a lot actaully.

I like marvel manga it was good. It was just a different spin on character. Just becuase it a manga most comic fans dislike it. There nothing wrong with manga's.

also wolverine was not a rapist in marvel manga......

Rick/Genis
shit job? He wrong have bee good since then.

Can you PLEASE rephrase this? I don't get it.

And the mangaverse isn't anything special to me. Nowhere NEAR as good as the writing in The Ultimates, which happens to be IN the ultimates universe.

capt it up
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Can you PLEASE rephrase this? I don't get it.

And the mangaverse isn't anything special to me. Nowhere NEAR as good as the writing in The Ultimates, which happens to be IN the ultimates universe.

I must have been really high when i wrote that. I ment to say wolverines runes have been good since then. I have liked civil war and, origins as well as wolverines current run

Rick/Genis
What is he doing in his current run now? Not healing from drops of blood or from skeleton in mere second, right? Please tell me he's still not being a god. It's the reason I dropped his title.

capt it up
What is he doing in his current run now? Not healing from drops of blood or from skeleton in mere second, right? Please tell me he's still not being a god. It's the reason I dropped his title.
you droped his tiltle becuase he healed from a skeleton........

by the way he healed from a drop of blood in the 90's.......

so I highly doubt you even read his run............

also he did it once in the entire run..........

He done things like that in the past...........

His current run is he vs sabertooth.

Rick/Genis
I dropped his title because he's become far more powerful than I think he should be, thus loss of interest in the character. Sue me.

I'm not so upset at someone being healed from a skeleton... but he healed from it in a matter of a couple panels. Unsettling for mine eyes.

H. S. 6
I like trigun

I like naruto.

I like yu yu hakishu. a lot actaully.

I like marvel manga it was good. It was just a different spin on character. Just becuase it a manga most comic fans dislike it. There nothing wrong with manga's.

also wolverine was not a rapist in marvel manga......

I love new spins on old characters. So much so that I'm always collecting comics about alternate realities, and such.

The writing for Marvel Manga, however, is completely and utterly horrific. If you can't see that, then perhaps you need to expand your knowledge of literature a bit. erm

NiņoAraņa
cap, what's your veiw on the Wolvie V Darkness crossover? should we consider those feats?

capt it up
I love new spins on old characters. So much so that I'm always collecting comics about alternate realities, and such.

The writing for Marvel Manga, however, is completely and utterly horrific. If you can't see that, then perhaps you need to expand your knowledge of literature a bit. erm
maybe you should?

I enjoy alternate realities, but some are utter crap. Earth x for one most of it I disliked a lot.

I liked some of marvel manga a lot. I like the whole concept they did screw up on some, but some were well done.

I like there final run there did when every one was being killed off I found it to be well done and I enjoyed it.

I an english major that focus is on creative writing and literature........

capt it up
I dropped his title because he's become far more powerful than I think he should be, thus loss of interest in the character. Sue me.

I'm not so upset at someone being healed from a skeleton... but he healed from it in a matter of a couple panels. Unsettling for mine eyes.

he became to powerful? he always been improving over the years that was nothing new. It was not the first time he done it. He did it in venom on the run as well as othe issues. it not some new thing for him.

You never read him to beggin with if you think thats the first time it happen. He been that powerful for last few years. Also you clearly neevr read issue 48........

Rick/Genis
Oh my god. I hate it when people pull out the school card. No offense intended whatsoever capt, but you going to school means utter jack shit to anyone but yourself.

Sorry, but just the other day I got into an argument with someone at my store about whether or not 300 was a good movie. I happen to know with all of my heart that it's a good movie. I simply stated:

"The battle choreography is the best EVER done... EVER!"

This dumb ass goes "Meh, it was okay"

I said: "No, it WASN'T okay, it was god damned beautiful"

He goes: "Listen dude, you're talking to a person that goes to the Art Institute for Video Production"

I go: "Big deal, I've been going to the art institute for video production for 2 years... you know what that means? I didn't have the money to get into film school.... whooptie do. I happen to be a professional movies watcher... that's also a big deal, right?"

Whatever... NEVER play the school card... it's old and means absolutely nothing. For all I know you could be a FAILING english major. Or you could be an A grade english major that STILL can't tell a good story from a bad one.

Once again... this is a general statement... no offense is intended.

Martian_mind
http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/139226/michael_jackson/Michael%20Jackson%20-%20Billiejean

Sums up my feelings toward this thread.

Rick/Genis
he became to powerful? he always been improving over the years that was nothing new. It was not the first time he done it. He did it in venom on the run as well as othe issues. it not some new thing for him.

You never read him to beggin with if you think thats the first time it happen. He been that powerful for last few years. Also you clearly neevr read issue 48........

That's great... he's been improving over the years... wonderful... well at some point he improved too much (my opinion). And by the way... yes, it is possible to grow too powerful in a readers eyes no matter how gradual it is. It still turns the character into something he wasn't in the beginning.

Just because it's something he's done in the beginning STILL doesn't make it something that's good. Maybe I didn't like what they did before. Maybe I thought that was poor writing as well. And honestly, when have I said it's new for him?

And stop telling me what I have and haven't read... you know absolutely nothing. I own a lot of wolverine issues.

Please, enlighten me as to what happened in issue number 48. I appear to be missing issue 44-49.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Martian_mind
http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/139226/michael_jackson/Michael%20Jackson%20-%20Billiejean

Sums up my feelings toward this thread. I don't get it.

Nice Sig, by the way smile

Martian_mind
Thankyou....It was the first i ever got,I'm just rehashing it.

my bad.....that was meant to be "beat it"

Rick/Genis
Well Marcus has always been good at making sigs. Even if him and I have had a "Falling out"

Martian_mind
what was this "falling out"?

Rick/Genis
He banned me from his site because of something he neglected to look up. I got him to close the site he banned me from... I guess that's as short as it can be said.

Martian_mind
lol.

capt it up

Rick/Genis

capt it up

Rick/Genis

capt it up

Rick/Genis

grey fox
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Hellsing - Crap

Berserk - Crap

Lunar legend whatever - Crap

trigun - Crap

One piece - Crap

I doubt you've even read/watched them so I'm guessing now your just jumping on the 'Let's hate Manga Bandwagon'.

Endless Mike

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Where can I read this crossover? in the comic store shifty

check out either Wolvie or the Darkness' respect threads....it's in there i think

and Capt! answer my question

Rick/Genis
That crossover was ridiculous.

Black Adam
Originally posted by grey fox
Dub Naruto is horrific.

it really isn't. Seriously besides a few mispronunciations(Oh noes American VA's make Japanese words sounds funnies!!) and a couple of blood edits what's so bad about?

Though your British and I heard your dub version somehow got more cut up and censored then the american version.

capt it up

NiņoAraņa
what was your question? would you consider the darkness/wolvie xover for feats?

Grimm22
I an english major that focus is on creative writing and literature........

Lol, Irony laughing

capt it up

capt it up
Lol, Irony laughing
.........yup you are still the same................

Rick/Genis
Why is it cannon?

capt it up
cannon for marvel at least. It talks about his past and about events he took place in. It talks about how prior to weapon x he had bone claws as shown in the fight. The when they go back to present day wolverines has adamatium claws as noted. It was also explain in an earlier cross over how logan is able to enter the top cow's reality. So any comic cross over between wolverine and top cow is cannon for marvel at least. Not to mention the comic came out around the time when wolverine had regained his memories and remebering passed events.......

Soljer
That is no reason to make it canon. Cross-overs are generally non-canon, and this one's no different.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
That is no reason to make it canon. Cross-overs are generally non-canon, and this one's no different.
actaully it is different.

They were all made cannon prior to this one coming out. They explained how wolverine got to there reality. In this cross over which took place after wolverine regained his memories shows his time in world war 2 before his adamatium. Then it shows him after gianing adamatium. It was made to be cannon.

NiņoAraņa
actaully it is different.

They were all made cannon prior to this one coming out. They explained how wolverine got to there reality. In this cross over which took place after wolverine regained his memories shows his time in world war 2 before his adamatium. Then it shows him after gianing adamatium. It was made to be cannon. so you would say what he said about the amount of time it takes him to heal is cannon? 13

NiņoAraņa

capt it up

NiņoAraņa
I know what you were trying to do before you said it.

It cannon, but won't help your arguement much since logan has also said he was the best at a number of things that does not make it true now does it?

Not to mention it been shown to work faster. maybe those times it's been known to work faster were a bit of PIS? ermm

and would you really think he was lying bieng SO dam precise?

teh scan btw: http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darknesswolverine1024tk8.jpg

capt it up

NiņoAraņa
how is it pis when it happen 20 times and even before that issue came out.......

He also said he was the best fighter in the world on many ocassions so I guess he the best fighter now. He also said Iron Fist was an amauter so I guess Iron Fist is an amauter. He also siad he could take Iron Man plus a boat load of shield agents all at the time, so I guess wolverine can now beat Iron man as well.

ya I think you can see my point.......... ah, whatever, it's a pointless talk.

oh and
marvel manga sucks....alot....like...alotermm

Grimm22
.........yup you are still the same................

What the f**k?

Was that supposed to be a comeback?

capt it up
What the f**k?

Was that supposed to be a comeback?

nope merely stating a fact that you have not changed........

Grimm22
nope merely stating a fact that you have not changed........

And you still have the grammar of a 13 year old with a speech impediment

So what's your point? no expression

capt it up
And you still have the grammar of a 13 year old with a speech impediment

So what's your point? no expression
speech impediment would not effect my grammar. wink

was that supose to be funny? laughing ........... no

If you are going to insult me for no good reason please make the insult at least make sense. A speech impediment has to do with talking, not writing which would mean that it would not effect my grammar.........

jinzin
stupid marvel manga...

I actually REALLY liked th daredevil... A LOT... so what do they do? cut his damned head off. no expression

capt it up
haahahahaha.........they left black cat alive..........

jinzin
F*** black cat.. she sucks...

thought for sure wolvie was gonna get some too.. laughing out loud

capt it up
Originally posted by jinzin
F*** black cat.. she sucks...

thought for sure wolvie was gonna get some too.. laughing out loud
me too lol .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.