Orion vs. Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who wins? smile

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by batdude123
Who wins? smile Dr. Orion.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Who ever hits whom first. Dr. Strange has all kinds of power but no durability against an astro blast. and Orion is kinda slow witted.

long pig
Eh, I can't tell really.

First I thought BFR, but the boomtube makes it impossible. Then I thought Strange can take a instantaneous teleport to another dimension and come back in Astral form, but, knowing what the astro force is, it'd still probably work on an astral form.
Same goes from Strange's shields. He can handle any physical attack from Orion, but the AF might crack his shield.

New Gods are immune to telepathy & transmutation, I believe, so that's not working either.
It's a weird fight because Orion seems to have a counter defense/attack for whatever Strange does.

batdude123
Originally posted by long pig
Eh, I can't tell really.

First I thought BFR, but the boomtube makes it impossible. Then I thought Strange can take a instantaneous teleport to another dimension and come back in Astral form, but, knowing what the astro force is, it'd still probably work on an astral form.
Same goes from Strange's shields. He can handle any physical attack from Orion, but the AF might crack his shield.

New Gods are immune to telepathy & transmutation, I believe, so that's not working either.
It's a weird fight because Orion seems to have a counter defense/attack for whatever Strange does.

You think Orion could crack Strange's shields? See, that's a bit iffy to me. Considering all of the things those shields have taken before. Not to mention his automated shields.

And couldn't Strange just give him a couple blasts that are = to supernovas or whatever?

nvrbeenwthagirl
You think Orion could crack Strange's shields? See, that's a bit iffy to me. Considering all of the things those shields have taken before. Not to mention his automated shields.

And couldn't Strange just give him a couple blasts that are = to supernovas or whatever?

Depends. Orion can hurt abstract lvl beings with the blast. Stranges auto shields shouldn't be as strong as the ones he has to conjure and concentrate on. But still, They shouldn't hold up to the astro force. Strange has many many more ways to attack. So i would give him the edge in this fight. But who knows if strange could over come the mother box and all her tricks.

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Depends. Orion can hurt abstract lvl beings with the blast. Stranges auto shields should be as strong as the ones he has to conjure and concentrate on. But still, They shouldn't hold up to the astro force. Strange has many many more ways to attack. So i would give him the edge in this fight. But who knows if strange could over come the mother box and all her tricks.

That's pretty much how I saw it.

long pig

I know what you're saying, but it's just the AF is totally different from any thing Strange has ever taken. It has it's own rules because it's neither magic or science based. Strange wouldn't have a defense for it because it doesn't exist in Marvel.

As for Orion taking a blast from Strange, I don't know if it'd take him out. Not only does Orion have Superman durability, he's got a force field that really can't be broken. Hell, it took the omega blast.

The only way I can give Strange a win is if he took the wuss way out by time stopping or using his eye to absorb the astro-blasts.

They both can win, it's just they have some conflicting powers.

long pig
Shit, didn't even think about the Mother Box. That damn thing is almost a match for Mjolnir. I've always saw it was mjolnir-lite.

batdude123
I know what you're saying, but it's just the AF is totally different from any thing Strange has ever taken. It has it's own rules because it's neither magic or science based. Strange wouldn't have a defense for it because it doesn't exist in Marvel.

As for Orion taking a blast from Strange, I don't know if it'd take him out. Not only does Orion have Superman durability, he's got a force field that really can't be broken. Hell, it took the omega blast.

The only way I can give Strange a win is if he took the wuss way out by time stopping or using his eye to absorb the astro-blasts.

They both can win, it's just they have some conflicting powers.

Agreed.

batdude123
Shit, didn't even think about the Mother Box. That damn thing is almost a match for Mjolnir. I've always saw it was mjolnir-lite.

Correct, but doesn't he normally just use the motherbox to supress his rage? I know he can do A LOT more with it, but in a fight, he relies more on the astro-force.

long pig
Yeah, it uses a lot of juice to supress Orion's rage.....but does Strange REALLY want to face a full bore bat-shit pissed off Orion who's being pumped by an even more potent astro force?

batdude123
Yeah, it uses a lot of juice to supress Orion's rage.....but does Strange REALLY want to face a full bore bat-shit pissed off Orion who's being pumped by an even more potent astro force?

So you think I should take the mb away from Orion in this fight?

nvrbeenwthagirl
So you think I should take the mb away from Orion in this fight?

No. Hell no. Strange has too many powers. The MB is needed.

long pig
Nah, I can still think up a few ways both could win. It's not lopsided, just hard to call.

batdude123
bump

TricksterPriest
band "Ladies and gentlemen, put together a warm round of applause, for the return of TricksterPriest!"

Thank you, thank you. Great to be back.

This is a very hard fight to call. Like LP and Batdude said, they're pretty well matched. I'd give it narrowly to strange. Time-stopping and eye of agamotto give him the edge. The question is, can the eye absorb the AF? Or couldn't Strange tap the source or use his magic to shut down the MB?

batdude123
up

UniOmni
New Gods aren't immune to tp, iirc.

They're immune to Martian tp though, as seen in Ostranders MM series.

batdude123
Shamanahamina bump!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.