Ratner Directing Wolverine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
A British newspaper has reported that Brett Ratner is set to direct the Wolverine movie.

With no more X-Men movies in the works the focus has shifted over to the Wolverine spin off starring Hugh Jackman. Recently in a British paper Brett Ratner was listed as the director, though there's hasn't been an official announcement from the studios. The script has been penned by David Benioff.

Cathie Horlick
3/30/2007
Source: Cinematical

Hugh Jackman? Again? They need to get a buff, angry, psycho looking dude to star as Wolverine.

Not this guy:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v237/kmangoum/goldpants.jpg

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by #1110
Hugh Jackman? Again? They need to get a buff, angry, psycho looking dude to star as Wolverine.

Not this guy:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v237/kmangoum/goldpants.jpg

Jackman is Wolverine period. As for Ratner directing Wolverine, sounds fascinating, I hope american newspapers prove the british paper said.

steverules
Hugh Jackman is the best at what he does and what he does is...terrible dancing. Please tell me that's not his costume for the wolverine movie.

Soljer
Jackman isn't that bad.

He's way too tall, but he doesn't look bad as Wolverine.

Wolfie
Hugh Jackman's a great Wolverine. Anyone else playing him wouldn't feel right after three movies.

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
Jackman isn't that bad.

I still think it sort of ruins Wolverine's image. He sorta has to be a runt big grin

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Soljer
Jackman isn't that bad.

Hugh Jackman has been Wolverine for three films now and all of a sudden, he isn't liked. That really doesn't make sense. Jackman is a big reason the X-Men films worked. Wolverine should be a bona fide smashing success. I am also predicting that X4 will be starting sometime in the next two to three years.

jdea
NO Ratner for Wolverine NOOOOOOOO

But anyway I'm sure that if they wanted they could make Jackman appear shorter as they did in X-Men 1

... IDK why they stopped in X2 + X3, the little things matter

capt it up
to bad the x-men movies are in no way a mirror immage of the comics.......which kinda sucks in a way, but I still like them.

Genosha
Jackman was surprisingly good as wolverine, but I agree that if they are going to do a spin off, they should go darker. He was a bit of a caricature of himself in the x-men movies.

As for this ratner guy. the name didn't ring a bell so I looked him up. Dude's not impressive. They need a solid action director. Going with a Japanese feel might be a good angle.

SnakeEyes
I pray to God that Ratner is not directing this.

He already completely ruined X-Men 3 and made it a piece of shit.

If he gets his hands on this project he'll do the same thing. ****... I really hope they get somebody else... ANYBODY else.

Caps Conscience
I always like it when they go with no name actors in comic book films. To me they alway do a better job because you don't know who they its just the character and not the actor playing the character.

endrict
GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ratner sucks donkey balls at directing.... looks at X3.

Genosha
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
I always like it when they go with no name actors in comic book films. To me they alway do a better job because you don't know who they its just the character and not the actor playing the character.

I'm with you on that. The look of a comic book character outweighs acting ability.

It can be fun to see an unlikely choice stretch to meet the character too. Michael Keaton was a big surprise to everybody as a great batman, while Val Kilmer and George Cloony sucked more than anyone could have imagined.

(I don't know if I spelled those names right, and I don't care. You know who I'm talking about tongue_ss )

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Genosha
I'm with you on that. The look of a comic book character outweighs acting ability.

It can be fun to see an unlikely choice stretch to meet the character too. Michael Keaton was a big surprise to everybody as a great batman, while Val Kilmer and George Cloony sucked more than anyone could have imagined.

(I don't know if I spelled those names right, and I don't care. You know who I'm talking about tongue_ss )

You are right in some regards its OK. Keaton is the best Batman IMO. I think Robert Downey Jr is going to do good job with Ironman. But for the most part I would prefer a no name with good acting ability.

Remembers how Ben Affleck butchered DD. SMH

Genosha
I didn't bother with that one largely BECAUSE of Benny. And my call for a really dark and gritty Wolverine still stands.
Since it's a solo movie it stands to reason that it should be more in line with his solo comics. I've read very few, but the art and writing style tends to be more film noir than bubblegum.

You need a solid martial arts/stunt director too, I'd think.

srankmissingnin
The rumor mill has the Underworld / Live Free or Die Hard director, Len Wiseman, as one of the possible directors for Wolverine... but I heard the the Disturbia director (who's name escapes me) is the favourite.

buffymitch
bret rattner directing Wolverine? Why not give us some exlax and you'll get the same result with less pain.

Kazenji
Originally posted by capt it up
to bad the x-men movies are in no way a mirror immage of the comics.......which kinda sucks in a way, but I still like them.

May not be a mirror image of the comics but they were'nt far off from it.

As long as ratner does'nt return to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.