Official WWE Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

G U I T A R
Well since WrestleMania 23 is over I thought why not make an official thread about wrestling? In this thread we can discuss the current happenings in the WWE brands, RAW, Smackdown, and ECW.

T.M
Though there is a Wrestling discussion thread with well over 1000 posts.. couldn't those things be discussed there ?

G U I T A R
Didnt find one.

G U I T A R
Monday Night RAW :

John Cena and Shawn Micheals lose their tag team titles. (due to shawn throwing Cena out of the ring).

The Hardy Boys are the new Tag Team Champs.

Bobby Lashley defeated Umaga (once again hah!)

McMahon is bald smile

Cena is still the champ...

J.R lost his voice during the show lmao.

LORDSIDIOUS01
The girls are the best thing on Raw and Smuckdown. Michael Hickinbottom is a poser and a cry-baby.

teampac08
Here are all my general thoughts about wrestling today.

-I wish rock was still wrestling.
-I wish Lesnar was still wrestling.
-I wish Muhammad Hassan was still wrestling.
-I wish HHH was wrestling right now, clearly the best guy in WWE's current roster.
-Most wrestlers today have a lack of charisma or a good gimmick.

Alpha Centauri
Lesnar IS active, just in K1.

-AC

R8#@NG!G@
Randy orton is the best!

-hh-
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Lesnar IS active, just in K1.

-AC
yup

im glad Lesner left pro-wrestling. he looks like a real fighter with tons of potential, but he's obviously juiced up on steroids (or was). hopefully that doesn't effect his training too much.

apparently he's training with Royce Gracie for his ground game. perfect coach.

teampac08
I know, what I meant though was that I wish he was still wrestling with the WWE. I'm still cool with him joining K1. Kind of like the Rock. I wish he was still with the WWE but I'm fine with him acting right now.

The_Mayor
Originally posted by R8#@NG!G@
Randy orton is the best!

No, never, uh huh, he sucks ass.

G U I T A R
Originally posted by teampac08

-I wish HHH was wrestling right now, clearly the best guy in WWE's current roster.

Isnt the Rock thinking of coming back? He made that appearance and said he was ganan be on RAW.

Originally posted by The_Mayor
No, never, uh huh, he sucks ass.

Lol

Alpha Centauri
The Rock encompasses what great WWE acting is about.

Rey Mysterio has to do flips and tricks to make the crowd go crazy if at all, The Rock just has to do one punch.

-AC

G U I T A R
The Rock is the sh!t he needs to come back.

General G
I agree, him and Austin.

trademark
Y2J is just as good as the rock and Austin and I want him to come back

General G
Yeah, I thought he was coming back after his tour with Fozzy, but apparently not...

JacopeX
Originally posted by teampac08

The rock wont come back because he is making better money acting and I dont blame him. Dont expect him to ever come back.

Leasner.....I hate leasner.

Yes, Muhhamad hussan was my FAV wrestler at the time and the best heel! Period!

Triple H will be back so dont worry.

The charisma and Gimmick parti s actually dependable among the average WWE fans. They pretty much love todays WWE, and this cycle will continue and WWE WILL NEVER!.......EVER! DIE!

LORDSIDIOUS01
Randy orton is the best!

Randy Orton is a drug addict and an abuser of women who gets his way.

The_Mayor
Lesnar was from South Dakota, thats where I live, thats why I like him.

ragesRemorse
Man, it amazes me how many wrestling fans truly believe it is real. I'm not talking about the actual wrestling either, i am referring to the stories and character personas. Not trying to say anything negative about the event itself, but has anyone met someone who believes that the champions actually hold influence in being the world champion rather than being apart of a script?

The_Mayor
Alot of it is scripted I know, but I still like it. wink

R8#@NG!G@
Originally posted by JacopeX
The rock wont come back because he is making better money acting and I dont blame him. Dont expect him to ever come back.

but before wrestlemania, i think he said he was comming back or something like taht

R8#@NG!G@
Alot of it is scripted I know, but I still like it. wink
lol, me to

-hh-
i've been a pro-wrestling fan and a MMA fan for a long time. i stopped watching pro-wrestling cuz it got too repetative (the scrippted fights, the cheesy stories etc...)

i have no disrespect for the wrestling entertaininment business, but you just cant pick the fake fights over the real stuff.

mma fans will know what im talking about, but if the story lines entertain you, then by all means watch and have fun.

teampac08

Leasner.....I hate leasner.

Lesnar was awesome. The original animal. He does that type of character better than Batista and Lashley. Lesnar looks more intimidating than Batista and has more charisma than Lashley. The WWE misses Lesnar. Look at the WWE's push at Lashley. Even his entrance is somewhat the same when he jumps on the canvas and the fireworks come out.

teampac08
I know I've said this already but seriously, I wish Muhammad Hassan was still wrestling. He made me laugh whenever he interrupted another person's promo and would say how unfair everyone's been treating him. What a cool heel. It's a shame he didnt come back when Daiveri did.

General G
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Man, it amazes me how many wrestling fans truly believe it is real. I'm not talking about the actual wrestling either, i am referring to the stories and character personas. Not trying to say anything negative about the event itself, but has anyone met someone who believes that the champions actually hold influence in being the world champion rather than being apart of a script?

Its not real!?!?! nuts

JK wink

The_Mayor
Kane makes everything real, hes crazy with that cicle thingy.

-hh-
kane makes everything real? what's a cicle?

The_Mayor
That thing he comes out with now from his movie that he used @ wrestlemania.

Janus X
IMO, John Cena needs to lose his WWE Championship and be fired.

JacopeX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhSL7euYytw

This is the John cena I miss.....Today, he is just overly pushed and is just, annoying by overcoming the odds too many times. I liekd his promos alot more and his character was awesome. Now he is just too overated.

Burnt Pancakes
yeah, I liked him a lot more back then, and when he actually over came the odds for the first few times ( F.U.-ing Big Show, even beating Triple H the first time). Now, he overcomes the odds toooooo much, and he's boring. I don't think he should be fired, though. Just lose the title, get injured and leave for awhile. And also work on his gimmik. He's grown up now, really, and the "gangster" gimmick is getting old.

JacopeX
Heel Cena > Face champion Cena

Barker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhSL7euYytw

This is the John cena I miss.....Today, he is just overly pushed and is just, annoying by overcoming the odds too many times. I liekd his promos alot more and his character was awesome. Now he is just too overated.
He used to be a ****ing wigger. no expression

teampac08
Heel Cena > Face champion Cena

That's so true. I remember once when he was a heel he attacked Angle, ran away, came back and did the "you cant see me" with his hands, and then ran away again. That made me laugh so bad.

The_Mayor
Originally posted by Barker
He used to be a ****ing wigger. no expression

We all are in some way wink

SpaceMonkey
The problem is WWE has become TOO commercial. There are characters here that don't have any business being there and there are people who have been let go or not resigned because of the little kiddie fans who buy all the posters and crap like that. That's why Cena is still champ, because so many little kids have John Cena posters. Wreslers like Lesnar, Sean O'Haire, Muhammad Hassan and others were taken off the show. Those wrestlers appealed to a more mature crowd. They had charisma and skill that superceded the immature childish fan, but they didn't make the money... and, unfortunately, it is a business afterall. That's why I seldom watch it anymore.... I was a HUGE fan as recently as 4 years ago.

Barker
We all are in some way wink
Yeah... no. wink

G U I T A R
Originally posted by Janus X
IMO, John Cena needs to lose his WWE Championship and be fired.

Ok, I can see him losing the title maybe, but not fired...He's a good crowd pleaser, and we all know if he wasnt any good he wouldnt be holding the title.

General G
I agree with part of that, he shouldn't be fired, no matter how much I don't like him...but he should definately lose the title.

SpaceMonkey
He needs to turn heel, and lose the title.

The_Mayor
He should lose the title, although he is like my favorite wrestler, but there isn't anybody I want him to lose it to.

General G
Triple H or Shawn would be good, frankly though, I could care less if he lost it to Johnny Nitro. I just want him to lose it.

The_Mayor
Not Johnny Nitro, how bout next year, Raw gets Bobbly Lashley and then lose it to him hes awesome too....I know some of you are probly going to say "Well he's become a 'wrestling god' too."

Janus X
Not Johnny Nitro, how bout next year, Raw gets Bobbly Lashley and then lose it to him hes awesome too....I know some of you are probly going to say "Well he's become a 'wrestling god' too."

Bobby Lashley? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR KIDDING. Hes horrible. He only has two power moves(excluding his finisher as well punches and kicks), hes a brute with no personality, his mic skills are laughable, and as well he botches move alot.

One of the prime suckness in him is that while hes the ECW CHAMPION, he has done NOTING EXTREME AT ALL.

The_Mayor
Nothing extreme, well you shouldn't be in this thread, he is invinsible one on one, he proves in day in and day out, first one to break the Master Lock, man get out of here.

G U I T A R
Well if you guys are really wanting to see cena lose the title, you might want to watch backlash, because the "honorary" gm yesterday set the match to cena vs orton vs edge vs micheals for the WWE Championship.

General G

That was just an example, that would be pretty bad if he lost it to him. And Bobby Lashley bugs me a lot...

Originally posted by G U I T A R
Well if you guys are really wanting to see cena lose the title, you might want to watch backlash, because the "honorary" gm yesterday set the match to cena vs orton vs edge vs micheals for the WWE Championship.

If he doesn't lose it at Backlash...I will actually stop watching WWE.

The_Mayor
That is going to be a damn good match.

Janus X
Nothing extreme, well you shouldn't be in this thread, he is invinsible one on one, he proves in day in and day out, first one to break the Master Lock, man get out of here.

Lmao. A mark. You do know everything in WWE is SCRIPTED? Bobbly Lashley's image was to be a invincible monster, but he fails. Everybody laughs at him in every WWE forum. As well, the breaking the master lock is also scripted.

The_Mayor
Yeah I know it is scripted go back a couple of pages, we already had this discussion.

teampac08

Lashley is garbage. He's not very exciting to watch in the ring and his mic skills are laughable, and not in the good way like the Rock. The guy clearly lacks any form of charisma. I actually change the channel when he wrestles.

G U I T A R
Edge pisses me off, I hate the way he screwed up the orton and micheals match and said he was the winner :-\ I hate that crap I hope he breaks his leg or something! Edge has had enough chances at the belt, let someone else have the chance, Edge doesnt even belong in the backlash match!

T.M
Edge pisses me off, I hate the way he screwed up the orton and micheals match and said he was the winner :-\ I hate that crap I hope he breaks his leg or something! Edge has had enough chances at the belt, let someone else have the chance, Edge doesnt even belong in the backlash match!

I guess he is doing his job well then.

Df02

he's clearly a good heel... and you clearly take it a touch too seriously confused

T.M
Originally posted by Df02
he's clearly a good heel... and you clearly take it a touch too seriously confused

yes

General G

It was obvious that Michaels should have won anyways, he was the one covering Orton, Orton wasn't covering him, and the referee saw at the last second that Michaels shoulders were down, they could have been up for all that referee knew for the majority of the time and he just put them down.

SpaceMonkey
Michaels shouldn't get the title again. He's had it, he needs to help the young guys out and get them over. A good Cena-Orton fued would save the dragging that's happening in WWE right now. Orton is semi face now, if he became all-out face and won the title at Backlash it would be a good change. Then WWE could have Cena as the top heel trying to get his title back, with Edge looming in the background screwing both guys over repeatedly. WWE has some usable talent, their storylines and writing sucks as of late though. As far as Triple H goes, I hear he's about 2-3 months away, so by the time he gets back Orton will have enough time to have some cred as champ for him to challenge OR Cena will have built up enough hatred from the fans for Triple H to fued with.

Lashley is serviceable, at best. He's good to look at as a physical specimen, but skills-wise, he does suck. He needs to fued with other brute-types to get over. A fued with Great Khali would get him over without having to strain his limited abilities.

teampac08
Originally posted by T.M
I guess he is doing his job well then.

That's exactly what I was thinking lol. I like Edge, he's a pretty good heel and he tends to be funny at times.

R8#@NG!G@
CENA vs ORTON vs EDGE vs MICHAELS for WWE CHAMPIONSHIP = RANDY ORTON NEW WWE CHAMPION

General G
Michaels should win.

The_Mayor
CENA vs ORTON vs EDGE vs MICHAELS for WWE CHAMPIONSHIP = RANDY ORTON NEW WWE CHAMPION

hysterical

SpaceMonkey
hysterical

Who do you think should win?

Burnt Pancakes
Randy Orton certaintly won't. I see it as either one of the other three.

The_Mayor
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Who do you think should win?

Michaels or Cena, I know all of you're getting sick of him being champ, buy they didn't cry when The Hulk or anybody else held it longer. I want Cena.

Alpha Centauri
Hogan having the belt and the stroke for as long as he did is what ruined the company.

It held back so many potential champions, until Taker saved everyone ever.

-AC

JacopeX
Orton= The future.

Thorinn
Hogan having the belt and the stroke for as long as he did is what ruined the company.

It held back so many potential champions, until Taker saved everyone ever.

-AC Very much agreed.

The_Mayor
Orton= The future.

hysterical

peejayd
* it would be better, IMHO, for Edge to be the next WWE champ... smile

SpaceMonkey
Cena's had the belt and made it look like a joke. Honestly, think about it. He has been booed out of the building several times. As a face.... AND AS THE CHAMP!!! That says something. The John Cena fans are the teenage girls who think he;s cute and the the same people for vote for Sanjaya on American Idol, LOL! It's time for a change and it's time for Cena to try and go heel.

General G
Originally posted by peejayd
* it would be better, IMHO, for Edge to be the next WWE champ... smile

It has been made perfectly obvious, even to me, that Edge simply can't legitamately beat Cena, I don't know why they keep putting him in title matches. Although, I do like Edge.

The_Mayor
No buddy can flat out BEAT Cena.

Alpha Centauri
Anyone who they want to beat Cena, could.

-AC

The_Mayor
Because its staged, if it wasn't he still would.

trademark
Do you know what I figured out CENA DOES NOT SUCK. Do you know why?because he is doing his job he as WWE champ to put people in the seats ether to boo or cheer but they come and that is all that matters

Alpha Centauri
Him doing his job doesn't mean he isn't shit.

You're suggesting that if it wasn't staged, nobody could beat Cena in a fight?

Read that question and think very carefully before you answer.

-AC

The_Mayor
But the Khali. I see your point AC but yeah still. Yeah he does put people in the seats, its all about money for VKM.

peejayd
Originally posted by General G
It has been made perfectly obvious, even to me, that Edge simply can't legitamately beat Cena, I don't know why they keep putting him in title matches. Although, I do like Edge.

* he can, it's only the storyline... wink

* as heel, Edge can be a good champ, provided that weasel-attitude of his... as face, i think he still make it good run... stick out tongue

G U I T A R
Dont really give a damn what you guys think, cena is ganna stay champ. People bust on him to much.

peejayd
* overcoming the odds is cool... but ALWAYS overcoming the odds makes him suck...

* ever heard of the phrase, "give chance to others"?

* Cena can still be a well-worth WWE Superstar even without a title, so why hang on it this long? his storyline is getting predictable...

* even top dogs like The Rock, Stone Cold and HHH lose their title, why can't Cena lose his? oh well, that's WWE...

* i just hope The Rock comes back and kick everyone's butt all over again... peace out! smile

The_Mayor
Dont really give a damn what you guys think, cena is ganna stay champ. People bust on him to much.

I agree man.

Alpha Centauri
Cena is trying to be Austin V.2.

-AC

teampac08

What is this suppose to mean? Storywise, yeah he's unbeatable. In real life I'd put my money on bigger guys like Batista and Lashley. More skilled fighters like Angle could probably take him out as well. I cant believe someone actually thinks that Cena's unbeatable in real life as well. Anyway, I'm tired of seeing Cena as a face. I'd like to see him as a heel.

G U I T A R
Cena is definately beatable in real life lol. He might have strength but when it comes to quickness the UFC and MMA fighters come in for that, but if Cena did get a nice hold on someone I highly doubt they'd get out.
But anyways im a big fan of cena but it's true he's held the belt for quite some time, but I really dont want micheals to get the belt. For some reason I just dont liek his attitude right now he just acts liek a little prick.
And for Rated RKO...they arnt ganna last long, they will backstab eachother at backlash :-\. Lol Monday night RAW was funny though, how that guy got the title, but we all know that was a set up..what I want o know is whats ganan happen to that title?

PiruBlood
cena sucks. i hope orton takes the title because we need a heel champion. edge was good but orton is better.

G U I T A R
Orton is ok if he would ditch the big chinned wonder edge.

General G
Worst Raw ever. no expression

There is absolutely no way. Damn Cena bugs me, I swear, if Cena wins at Backlash, I am done with WWE, I don't care, it is just really starting to bug me now.

trademark
New Jack Should Blade Cena

In Fate's Hands
Cena is definately beatable in real life lol. He might have strength but when it comes to quickness the UFC and MMA fighters come in for that, but if Cena did get a nice hold on someone I highly doubt they'd get out.
But anyways im a big fan of cena but it's true he's held the belt for quite some time, but I really dont want micheals to get the belt. For some reason I just dont liek his attitude right now he just acts liek a little prick.
And for Rated RKO...they arnt ganna last long, they will backstab eachother at backlash :-\. Lol Monday night RAW was funny though, how that guy got the title, but we all know that was a set up..what I want o know is whats ganan happen to that title?

Well what I've read so far is that the Intercontinental Championship is gonna stay with Santino Marella, last night was actually his debut for Raw and he is gonna be on Raw for now on.

G U I T A R
Lol cool.

The_Mayor
Originally posted by In Fate's Hands
Well what I've read so far is that the Intercontinental Championship is gonna stay with Santino Marella, last night was actually his debut for Raw and he is gonna be on Raw for now on.

He's actually a real wrestler in training anyway, even before the title picture.

draxx_tOfU
Cena is trying to be Austin V.2.

-AC

which he will never be...

i'm pretty sure that when Cena loses the title, there will be a collective sigh of relief from the fans...

Burnt Pancakes
I don't understand why everyone hates Cena so much.. I mean yeah he's had the title WAY too long... but c'mon, he's judt doign what he's supposed to do, and he does it well.

As for who he should lose it to I think he sould lose it to Lashly (Just my personal choice). BL is one of the few wrestlers left in the buisness who has potential (imo)

General G
I really don't think he has much potential, and he should lose it to either Michaels or Orton.

The_Mayor
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
I don't understand why everyone hates Cena so much.. I mean yeah he's had the title WAY too long... but c'mon, he's judt doign what he's supposed to do, and he does it well.

As for who he should lose it to I think he sould lose it to Lashly (Just my personal choice). BL is one of the few wrestlers left in the buisness who has potential (imo)

I agree with you on the whole thing BP.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes

he's been booed out of the arena and he isn't even a heel...

admittedly, i did like Cena back in his "wordLife" days, back when he was U.S. champion in Smackdown...

if he's just doing what he's supposed to do, then what he does sucks...

Alpha Centauri
Is there anybody "better" than Cena?

Michaels can't do anything we haven't seen, to many that's just as "same old" as Cena. Orton has X-Pac heat in the back, but he is the kind of heel that you wouldn't mind having the belt, but would just be "hated" by the fans, in the proper way. So maybe he's the best choice.

Bobby Lashley and the others, as said before, are not allowed to use the one facet of their ability that makes them good: Power. So don't look to him for it. I don't get why the WWE feels it's necessary to let these people use the mic. When Heyman was Brock Lesnar's mouthpiece, Lesnar was much more intimidating cos he seemed like a weapon. Like Taker did for many years under Bearer's rule. If Lashley had that he'd be better.

Onto Cena again, it raises an interesting point, doesn't it?

Everyone was dissing Cena back then for being "fake" and a "wigger", but if THIS is his real persona; Some boring, army fatigue wearing sleep-inducer, what makes for the better TV?

As opposed to The Rock, who spoke in such a fake voice and rolled off catchphrases that he became much better when he was more natural.

John Cena's gimmick came along a few years too late, people realise the "war" is false, so they're less inclined to follow his salute bs.

He's just an ill-timed, ill-planned character.

-AC

peejayd
Bobby Lashley and the others, as said before, are not allowed to use the one facet of their ability that makes them good: Power. So don't look to him for it. I don't get why the WWE feels it's necessary to let these people use the mic. When Heyman was Brock Lesnar's mouthpiece, Lesnar was much more intimidating cos he seemed like a weapon. Like Taker did for many years under Bearer's rule. If Lashley had that he'd be better.

* good observation... wrestlers who can't deliver good speeches should spare using the mic, or at least refrain a little...

Onto Cena again, it raises an interesting point, doesn't it?

Everyone was dissing Cena back then for being "fake" and a "wigger", but if THIS is his real persona; Some boring, army fatigue wearing sleep-inducer, what makes for the better TV?

* maybe Vince has soft-spot for the kids who idolize Cena... laughing

As opposed to The Rock, who spoke in such a fake voice and rolled off catchphrases that he became much better when he was more natural.

* i did not get this point...

John Cena's gimmick came along a few years too late, people realise the "war" is false, so they're less inclined to follow his salute bs.

He's just an ill-timed, ill-planned character.

-AC

* in my opinion, the WWE is making Cena the combination of Stone Cold's "SOB" attitude and The Rock's mic talent... which they failed miserably...

* and "earth-to-WWE storyliners"... why pit Cena against HBK or HHH when they want to push Cena as face? haven't they noticed how Cena was booed when he's against the caliber of HHH and HBK? see the comparison in the fans' reaction when he's against Umaga? why don't they write a storyline for the fans to appreciate Cena? poor, poor Cena... and i also wish he had some balls to reject a storyline that makes the fans boo him over and over again... peace out... wink

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by peejayd
* i did not get this point...

Watch him in his Nation days, he speaks very fake, and nearly everything he said was a catchphrase. He wasn't inventive.

-AC

G U I T A R
HHH should become to the champ when he comes back! smile

SpaceMonkey
Cena was a flash in the pan. People need to get off his nuts... sorry, it's over.

Colombiankilla
IM sick of john cena bein the champ its been over a year damn change it up
COME ON

The_Mayor
Enough about Cena, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

General G
HHH should become to the champ when he comes back! smile

Yes!

G U I T A R
Something was up last night, Cena and HBK fought to long. Edge and Orton had a planned match yesterday night...but cena and hbk's match was like freakin 20 mins long? Anyways.....Edge has a big chin.

Alpha Centauri
18 of those 20 minutes were a headlock.

I was laying in bed watching it, just on the phone, and I honestly felt like I was being robbed of free time. F*ck paying to watch that shit.

Did anyone notice that during the Khali/Carlito match, the crowd was dead? I swear you could have heard conversations in the crowd.

-AC

General G
Something was up last night, Cena and HBK fought to long. Edge and Orton had a planned match yesterday night...but cena and hbk's match was like freakin 20 mins long? Anyways.....Edge has a big chin.

It was definately longer than 20 minutes! And I am so glad that Cena lost! Finally!!! big grin big grin

18 of those 20 minutes were a headlock.

I was laying in bed watching it, just on the phone, and I honestly felt like I was being robbed of free time. F*ck paying to watch that shit.

Did anyone notice that during the Khali/Carlito match, the crowd was dead? I swear you could have heard conversations in the crowd.

-AC

I noticed the headlock thing too, it was pretty annoying and they could have done without. erm

I didn't notice the Khali thing though, maybe they were all scared? stick out tongue

The_Mayor
The match was 55 minutes long, HBK won, quit baggin on Cena, he'll hold the belt even LONGER, because everybody wants to be there when he loses, but they're going to keep making him win so people keep going. CENA! And yes, Edge has a big chin, he's Canadian. laughing

General G
Hey!

G U I T A R
That match wasnt no 55 minutes long lol, theres no way.

General G
It definatley was.

SpaceMonkey
The match was almost an hour long, but then again, the old-school classic matches, i.e. Hitman vs. Mr. Perfect, Hitman vs. HBK, were all at least 20 minutes. I guess, they're trying to reclaim good standing with decent matches. It was a good match though.

General G
It was a good match, the only thing I had a problem with while watching it was all of the headlocks at the beginning, that bugged me a lot, it really wasn't needed.

The_Mayor
Sorry General G, but he is Canadian and I hate him, but me no hate you. smile

G U I T A R
Is there a big match on smackdown fri? I dont remember where I heard this but I heard kennedy and finley vs taker and basista.

General G
Sorry General G, but he is Canadian and I hate him, but me no hate you. smile

It's all good. happy

Is there a big match on smackdown fri? I dont remember where I heard this but I heard kennedy and finley vs taker and basista.

I am not sure, but if you want full spoilers for smackdown tomorrow night, go here:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=179450782

The_Mayor
It's all good. happy

Good.

G U I T A R
So what everyones predictions for backlash?

General G
Cena better damn lose, I don't care much for the rest. Except for Undertaker, he better win. big grin

G U I T A R
lol

The_Mayor
Cena
Taker
who cares

peejayd
Watch him in his Nation days, he speaks very fake, and nearly everything he said was a catchphrase. He wasn't inventive.

-AC

* well yeah... i think it was his "Rocky Maivia" persona... but when he went solo as "The Rock", he improved a little, he still speaks slow and kinda majestic-like...

* he went to a really entertaining speaker when he begins to turn face but still bashes and disses his interviewers and fellow wrestlers... and even made much more catchphrases like "cumsi-cumsa" and "umpa-lumpa"... laughing out loud

* in his last regular return in WWE, his speaks more naturally and speaks very damn fast and also funny...

* anyways, my Backlash prediction: Cena loses, Edge wins, I HOPE... UnderTaker SHOULD retain his title... wink

Alpha Centauri
There was one promo where he literally used all his catchphrase except "If you smell..." etc.

He was talking to Commissioner Slaughter and he said "You take you and your 75 cent shirt, you go in the back and you get The Rock and Owen Hart's tag team titles. Know your role before The Rock lays the smack down on your candy ass, jabroni.".

Where as now he'll come out and go just get as good a reaction from a facial expression.

-AC

G U I T A R
Well people! Cena retains the title, Taker retains the title due to either batista nor taker could make it back for the 10 count, and bobby lashley loses the title to vince mcmahon

T.M
Vince McMahon is the ECW champion ?

He is really pissing all over ECW isn't he.

G U I T A R
Yeah, that's kind of wierd to me though...The Chairman on WWE ECW Champ? Bobby lashley is ganna kick his ass, and yeah he pisses on them tomuch because he knows they never succeded as much as the RAW and SMACKDOWN brands. But ECW seems to be doing well if you ask me, I know there's not many people in this forum that dont like him but Bobbly lashley has made a big impact.

SpaceMonkey
Wow... WWE really sucks now. So sad. sad

Burnt Pancakes
Bobby is my favourite next to Benoit. And I never really liked ECW to begin with, it's just not the same as the old ECW, they really toned it down.

Alpha Centauri
It's not meant to be the same as the old ECW, that's the whole point.

I loved ECW as much as the next person, but it's long gone. I still don't think Vince should be continually trying to disrespect it though.

-AC

General G
Cena is still the champion? no expression

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Burnt Pancakes
Of course. You think they'd make him lose it at Backlash?

General G
Damnet, I want him to lose it anywhere!

peejayd
* Cena fell on a prone Orton (speared by Edge) after he was superkicked by Michaels... it was intended to make Cena's victory is just a luck... when will Cena finally lose the title? when and to whom?

teampac08
What the hell are those story writers smokin? Why would they bring the Great Khali into Cena and everyone else's mess. This guy is so horrible at the mic and at wrestling. So what if he's huge. He's also boring to watch.

SpaceMonkey
Yeah, Khali sucks big time. It's like they think Cena needs a new challenge. He hasn't overcome his current challenges yet!!

Cory Chaos
Cena has yet to be challenged. He's written in as a superman type. They're going about reworking his character all wrong.

They give him a "coincidental" finish to retain his title, because they know a clean finish will draw more heat. Yet the next night, you toss Khali out there and make him look like the face/underdog. You can't execute a turn on a stale superstar by pushing him to a crowd that doesn't want him in his current capacity.

..and Lashley dropped the title b/c of an shoulder injury. That pretty much guarantees that McMahon/Lashley angle will be squashed, Lashley will go to RAW, Chris Masters will be getting his push, and Elijah Burke/New Breed will also be pushed to carry ECW. Because if that isn't the case, you've got WAY too much written into ECW. Considering WWE's latest proposal to RVD was declined, perhaps they'd give him the belt? Vince would be somewhat of a hypocrit, but he'd also be making a giant business decision that could ultimately save the brand.

SpaceMonkey
I really think, at this point, every WWE storyline is beyond being saved. Too much ridiculousness going on as far as who beat whom, and the characters suck, really.

The_Mayor
He's screwed.

G U I T A R
Ugh, so many problems...vince is gay.

Cory Chaos
Well, Undertaker suffered a torn bicep at Backlash, and will require surgery immediately..which will put him on the shelf for 6-8 MONTHS.

One of two things are going to happen;

1) He'll have to job to Batista IMMEDIATELY.

2) They'll make Kennedy cash in his "Money In the Bank" case and give him the strap.

I hope to God they don't just give it back to Blah-tista. He's incredibly undeserving, and could really cement Kennedy's place, considering he's been over for so long and climbing that ladder.

Alpha Centauri
I think Kennedy is promising if only because he's a bit different and can work the mic well.

I hate the fact that he's a boring wrestler, though.

-AC

General G
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
2) They'll make Kennedy cash in his "Money In the Bank" case and give him the strap.

I don't think he can, he already announced it for next Wrestlemania.

SpaceMonkey
I don't think he can, he already announced it for next Wrestlemania.

Heels can always say, "I lied!". Even if he's over as a heel. Having him take the belt would be the best thing to do. Then again, this IS today's WWE we're talking about and more than likely the writers will come up with some crappy-ass storyline to appeal to today's WWE fans.

Joseph_Kerr
There saying that next week's SmackDown there will be a cage match between Batista and Undertaker where the belt will be handed back to Batista.

Which totally sucks because the only reason I watch wrestling is the Undertaker. He was suppose to have a long champion run this year.

Joe K
I got my username changed from G U I T A R to Joe K YAY!

But yeah, I didnt know that happened to Taker, The only thing I like about kennedy is his mic skills, his wrestling blows tbh. And Batista retaining the belt im 50/50 because they ups and down about him.

The_Mayor
Cena's screwed, but Edge is going to get a shot at Judgement Day, gurantee it.

Joe K
ZOMG I cant believe Kennedy lost the money in the bank! DAMN! This looks bad, Look's like edge is ganna get a title somehow...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>