you and you're powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

geshien
ok, i don't know if this has been done or not and frankly i don't know if it is acceptable but i'm hoping the mods don't freak out too much.

if you were to have a power-set and list of skills what would it be? you can make your own or copy a comic book characters.

me?

powers
manipulation of spiritual energies
control of natural elements (wind, water, earth, fire, light, and dark)
energy manipulation
the ability to drain strength and energy
superhuman strength (equivalent of that of doomsday after he put superman in a coma)
flight
superhuman speed (can dodge bullets)
teleportation
telekinesis
telepathy
barrier creation
durability (can increase with willpower)

skills
expert at hand to hand combat (equivalent to that of taskmaster)
experienced battle tactician (equivalent to batman)
master swords man
extensive knowledge of the universe and it's inhabitants and their culture

geshien
you and your powers... sorry

Galan007
I would have the "extra" powers Superman 1M obtained from the SD's marriage to the Queen of the Imps

The strength and immunities of All-Star Superman

Possess the wings and sword of Azrael 1M

The durability of Doomsday

The "manifesting of a new power upon resurrecting" ability of Resurrection Man

And the intelligence/tech of Batman 1M

Morridini
Easy, my powers if I could choose would be: omnipotent...

Thanos_THOTU
Lucifers cunning and intelligence.

Dinalfos
I am NOT powers! Who are you calling powers?! mad mad

Symmetric Chaos
High level TP
High level and high precision (molecular level) TK
Above genius intelligence

DigiMark007
It's "your"

no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It's "your"

no expression

roll eyes (sarcastic) He already apologised for that.

(and as a Mod can't you change it anyway?)

CasanoVa
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It's "your"

no expression

That would of worked if he hadn't pointed out already that he mis-spelled it and it was meant to be "Your", it may have also worked if nearly every member who opened this thread hadn't thought about making the same joke.

In short, Moderators suck and I rule wink

Disappear
kitty pryde's intangibility, hands down.

Magee
Green Lantern ring please.

Soljer
...As another poster already mentioned; omnipotence.

Might as well, considering the exhaustive list you've already cut out.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
...As another poster already mentioned; omnipotence.

Might as well, considering the exhaustive list you've already cut out. Well Doom gained omnipotence during SW, but his mind couldn't handle/control it.

So since in the comic world, omnipotence/omniscience don't always go hand-in-hand... IMO you would also need the mental capacity to handle omnipotence, if that's the power you so choose.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
Well Doom gained omnipotence during SW, but his mind couldn't handle/control it.

So since in the comic world, omnipotence/omniscience don't always go hand-in-hand... IMO you would also need the mental capacity to handle omnipotence, if that's the power you so choose.

....If I have true omnipotence, then I'd be able to control it as well.

I mean, all powerful in all facets...that'd include control, no?

Magee
Why would anyone want omnipotence? Imagine how absolutely boring life would be if you knew everything that was is and ever will happen. You would go insane if you knew the secrets of the universe...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
Why would anyone want omnipotence? Imagine how absolutely boring life would be if you knew everything that was is and ever will happen. You would go insane if you knew the secrets of the universe...

That would be the result of omniscience. An omnipotent individual could choose to not know everything.

I admit you'd likely go insane eventually.

Galan007
....If I have true omnipotence, then I'd be able to control it as well.

I mean, all powerful in all facets...that'd include control, no? In theory yes, in theory you could just WILL yourself to be able to handle such power.

I just threw out an example of someone with omnipotence in the comic world, not being able to control it.... Because, well he was just a man.

Soljer
In theory yes, in theory you could just WILL yourself to be able to handle such power.

I just threw out an example of someone with omnipotence in the comic world, not being able to control it.... Because, well he was just a man.

Yeah, but that's comic book stuff. If you're all powerful, you should be able to will yourself to control all the power.

Just like you should be able to will yourself to control all knowledge if you so chose - no going insane.

Validus
Omnipotence = boring

Challenge is fun. I wouldn't even want a GL ring in real life.

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus
Omnipotence = boring

I know that, and I agree.

I was poking fun at the original poster considering he pretty much gave himself damn near everything under the sun.

Real world? Assuming that my existence won't bring into existence other super-powered beings for me to fight? I think Captain America's power set would be awesome.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
Omnipotence = boring

I think a GL ring would be nice. At least you still need to be creative to use it.

Validus
I'll take Super Speed. Not Flash level or anything but if I could write a 15,000 word paper in 5 minutes or so, that'd be nice.

Galan007
Still like my original choice. big grin

I would have the "extra" powers Superman 1M obtained from the SD's marriage to the Queen of the Imps

The strength and immunities of All-Star Superman

Possess the wings and sword of Azrael 1M

The durability of Doomsday

The "manifesting of a new power upon resurrecting" ability of Resurrection Man

And the intelligence/tech of Batman 1M

A simpler power-set that would be awesome, is small scale time manip. powers.

Imagine the possibilities.

Darth Extecute
Complete/Full Power Neglection.. Then it all will come down to true skills and a just victory..

Soljer
I agree. Being able to slow down, fast forward, pause, or rewind time on a small scale would be....

Yeah, indescribable.

Validus
I know that, and I agree.

I was poking fun at the original poster considering he pretty much gave himself damn near everything under the sun.
I guess he thinks he'll be fighting super villains every other day. Not sure what he plans to use that Batman level tactical mind for but I doubt I want to know. big grin

manorastroman
low level superspeed would be very cool
teleportation
a healing factor
pure invulnerability (as in, you can still die of disease, age, suffocation, but you could never be physicall injured. i guess like bruce willis in unbreakable)
low level tp/tk

pr1983
Superman's powers, regardless of whether there'll be supervillains to fight or not...

i'd probably be corrupted by it at first, and do some crazy shit, but i'd like to think that i'd eventually get some sense and start doing right...

though the inability to touch a woman without fear of snapping her in half would be kinda shitty...

that or a GL ring... just to see if i was able to use it...

Soljer
Originally posted by pr1983
Superman's powers, regardless of whether there'll be supervillains to fight or not...

i'd probably be corrupted by it at first, and do some crazy shit, but i'd like to think that i'd eventually get some sense and start doing right...

though the inability to touch a woman without fear of snapping her in half would be kinda shitty...

"Where's a god damned red sun when you need one?"

pr1983
"Where's a god damned red sun when you need one?"

hey... mad

Blair Wind
Engineer's powers smile

Evil_Ash
TAS Apocalypse.

Completely invulnerable to physical harm. And the ability to grow in height over 100 feet, and stomp the shit out of anyone. 313

Apolloknight
Powers:

None

Skills:

Reed Richards level intellect.

phillipan
Emma Frosts powers. Telepathy at her level would probably be the most useful and fun without complete corruption and deciding to control everyones mind. Second She has super strength enough to withstand almost anything the real world can dish out again without ODing it.

Swanky-Tuna
My powers would Surfer level Power Cosmic powers and having a mind independent of my body. Can Surfer already do that?

By this I mean... I can change my body into anything, for fun, and I can get parts of it blown off, for fun, but if thing go too far I can just erase it and start fresh without being rooted to the impulses in my brain.

Weee! I'm as light as helium!

I could explore and learn for as long as I want but I can still die. Unless Surfer really is immortal. Nix that part of Surfer's powers.

I already can't stand being around the dumbasses in my college classes. I can't imagine having millions of years of knowledge and experience then trying to find someone worth talking to.

Originally posted by manorastroman
i guess like bruce willis in unbreakable
Being Bruce Willis would be a cool power in its own.

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Being Bruce Willis would be a cool power in its own.

yeah, scratch that, i want to be bruce willis circa die hard...

Soljer
yeah, scratch that, i want to be bruce willis circa die hard...

Meh, we already talked about that - omnipotence is boring. stick out tongue.

Swanky-Tuna
The more grimy and bloody he gets the more powerful he becomes.

Martian_mind
Give me Jonn's.

Telepathy,Phasing,Shapeshifting.

and i'm fairly sure he emits chemicals that turn women on.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Martian_mind

I thought it was his awsome bod and lack of a shirt.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I thought it was his awsome bod and lack of a shirt.
And pants.

Symmetric Chaos
And pants.

Don't even go there sista! stick out tongue

Martian_mind
It's all that and more!!

Entity
I know its been discussed but when Kyle became Classic Ion I loved it because he was exactly the hero I would want to be with the powers I would want to have.
It was also awesome because he is like my favorite DC hero! The Classic Ion costume is my all time favorite costume of any hero too. Thou, the Lantern uniform he wore after that was kick ass too.

Hell the cover of Green Lantern #149 with him and Superman in that show down pose is my damn wallpaper! Still my favorite cover. stick out tongue

Darth Macabre
Invulnerability and self-sustanance. Rob a few banks, buy a yacht, and live the easy life.

geshien
Originally posted by geshien
ok, i don't know if this has been done or not and frankly i don't know if it is acceptable but i'm hoping the mods don't freak out too much.

if you were to have a power-set and list of skills what would it be? you can make your own or copy a comic book characters.

me?

powers
manipulation of spiritual energies
control of natural elements (wind, water, earth, fire, light, and dark)
energy manipulation
the ability to drain strength and energy
superhuman strength (equivalent of that of doomsday after superman killed him)
flight
superhuman speed (can dodge bullets)
teleportation
telekinesis
telepathy
barrier creation
durability (can increase with willpower)

skills
expert at hand to hand combat (equivalent to that of taskmaster)
experienced battle tactician (equivalent to batman)
master swords man
extensive knowledge of the universe and it's inhabitants and their culture

also immortality

Soleran
Super static electricity powers, zap the ears.

grey fox
Two levels of power.

Level 1 : Mild energy blasts ( Low as a taser , high as three sticks of TNT) , Healing factor ( Strong enough to survive having around two...maybe three machine gun clips used on me) and mild telekinesis (strong enough to lift your average PC tower)

I get extremely pissed off and then level two kicks in.

Level two : Red light aura (DBZ Kaioken style) that emits heat (Low enough to be gentle and warm , high enough that it can dehydrate a small lake and melt bullets) . Invulnerability (Up to a tank shell) , class 25 strength ( Someone pisses me off I kick their car into the UA).

Accel
My first choice of any one super-power would always be super-speed. I wouldn't need to run around the planet at the speed of light, but it would be cool to get any work done in a matter of seconds. After that, I'd pick flight just for the obvious fun of being able to fly. My third choice would probably ne near-invulnerability.

In real life, if I was the only super-powered person on the planet, I think having Spider-Man's powerset alone would be pretty cool.

Soljer
Time-manipulation abilities, super-speed, or telepathy would definitely be some of the most fun and useful.

pr1983
Meh, we already talked about that - omnipotence is boring. stick out tongue.

laughing

The more grimy and bloody he gets the more powerful he becomes.

true...

Give me Jonn's.

Telepathy,Phasing,Shapeshifting.

well he'd have to, cos he's an ugly so and so... stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Yeah,it's not like he can shapeshift and control minds or something...stick out tongue

pr1983
Yeah,it's not like he can shapeshift and control minds or something...stick out tongue

that just makes it cheaper... alot cheaper... almost on the levels of gambit-cheapness...

Martian_mind
that just makes it cheaper... alot cheaper... almost on the levels of gambit-cheapness...

jonns not called the cosmic pimp for nothing....

pr1983
jonns not called the cosmic pimp for nothing....

laughing, i thought for a second you'd actually written 'cosmic gimp'

i think you just don't like the fact that you'd have to brainwash a woman for her to like you... stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Scorch sure as hell wasn't brainwashed....neither was fire....

Symmetric Chaos

Well those are two creepy ways of getting laid . . .

Martian_mind
Atleast he won't make them feel love and have them blow up the universe...

pr1983
Scorch sure as hell wasn't brainwashed....neither was fire....

hold on... he sleeps with women who's powers are partially reminiscent of what used to be his most prominent weakness? freud (sp?) would have a field day with that one...

Well those are two creepy ways of getting laid . . .

exactly...

Symmetric Chaos
Atleast he won't make them feel love and have them blow up the universe...

roll eyes (sarcastic) she was trying to be nice (it was more like HoM than blowing up the universe)

Martian_mind
roll eyes (sarcastic) she was trying to be nice (it was more like HoM than blowing up the universe)

Sure it was.......now back top your Yuki hentai stick out tongue

pr1983

i don't want to know...

Symmetric Chaos

I just found this!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/JosephIscariot/1173506579323.jpg

Martian_mind
You like her?

dude,she looks like she ran facefirst into a wall stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
You like her?

dude,she looks like she ran facefirst into a wall stick out tongue

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did you know J'onn was once in a live action movie:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/chris_prodigio/ZZUSoundtrack_Coneheads.jpg

Evil_Ash
eek!

laughing

pr1983
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did you know J'onn was once in a live action movie:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/chris_prodigio/ZZUSoundtrack_Coneheads.jpg

ouch... laughing

Martian_mind
Those cone people gave me nighmares when i was a little kid....keep them away...

Symmetric Chaos
Those cone people gave me nighmares when i was a little kid....keep them away...

laughing out loud

Soljer
Every thread I've gone into is ridiculously off topic...I can't even post about the off-topicness it's so off topic. This one is no exception, except I AM posting about the off topic ness.

So I guess it IS an exception. Whatever.

Martian_mind
lol.

Now back to the coneheads.....

Symmetric Chaos
Every thread I've gone into is ridiculously off topic...I can't even post about the off-topicness it's so off topic. This one is no exception, except I AM posting about the off topic ness.

So I guess it IS an exception. Whatever.

no expression

mad GET BACK ON TOPIC mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.