Spidey w/ Skills vs Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
Spiderman has the fighting skill of Captain America, Batman and Daredevil downloaded into his brain.

He is also granted Daredevil's radar sense in place of his Spidey sense.

Spidey gets time to train in the Xmen's Danger Room until he can use the radar sense and his skill as well as Daredevil.

So is Spidey a potential match for Eddie Brock as Venom?

Magee
Well yea Spiderman has always been a potential match for Venom... confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
Well yea Spiderman has always been a potential match for Venom... confused

Venom has a very good record against Spidey if I've heard correctly.

Symmetric Chaos
bumpy

Symmetric Chaos
Anybody?

Wolverine2006
Spider-man beats Venom without those skills

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wolverine2006

I must say didn't expect that response . . . .

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Spiderman has the fighting skill of Captain America, Batman and Daredevil downloaded into his brain.

Spidey gets time to train in the Xmen's Danger Room until he can use the radar sense and his skill as well as Daredevil.

spidey ftw smile

llagrok

I second this.

Spidey uses his wits.

LORDSIDIOUS01
No contest. Spidey

shksprtx

Co-signed...wit over power...

However, WITH those skills, Spidey absolutely curbstomps Venom...

juggernaut66666
Not really.
venom thrashed Spidey everytime they met unless Peter came up with some plot device.

inimalist
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Not really.
venom thrashed Spidey everytime they met unless Peter came up with some plot device.

They have kept up with eachother h2h on most occasions, but I certainly agree more with this than anything else.

Put the two of them in a cage with eachother, and eventually Venom SHOULD beat spidey down. Give parker access to ANYTHING and he will probably mcguyver his way into at least a couple of wins...

jasonk3
With those skills Spidey PWNS venom

Badabing
Spidey can best Venom not because he's a better fighter or stronger. He wins because he's.....not insane.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
Spidey can best Venom not because he's a better fighter or stronger. He wins because he's.....not insane.

No durfist?

freezedoom
Man, with all those upgrades given to him, Spiderman will be
on Venom like a nuclear bomb to a ghost town.

AngryManatee
He still has the problem of his attacks not hurting Venom. He only wins by plot device.

Metalmanx

As much as I want to say Spidey can take it...I don't think I can. Venom, when he's actually fighting smart and not taking his time, well, could wreck Spidey. erm

The radar-sense helps a lot (since his spider-sense wouldn't work anyway), but not enough to really make a difference.

juggernaut66666
Not to mention that Spidey doesn't have enough strenght to hurt Venom on a "higher scale".

Edit:Current Venom is much stronger then the classic one......

geshien
venom still wins. spidey really only wins by plot device. even with these new skills, web head loses.

llagrok
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Not to mention that Spidey doesn't have enough strenght to hurt Venom on a "higher scale".

Edit:Current Venom is much stronger then the classic one......

Some how Spidey beat the current Venom and a couple of thunderbolts... So even if venom should win in theory, it doesn't look like he's going to.

Sam Z
Originally posted by llagrok
Some how Spidey beat the current Venom and a couple of thunderbolts... So even if venom should win in theory, it doesn't look like he's going to.

Spidey Beat Scorpion-Venom who IMO sucks.

Eddie Brock is too much for Spider to handle, even with DD's radar and Cap's experience.

Kid Kurdy
The ONLY reason why Spider-Man has trouble with Venom, is because his spider-sense - which is an important fighting tool - doesn't work when fighting Venom.

So basically, it's always a handicapped Spider-Man vs a full potential Venom. And Spider-Man has kicked around Venom lots of times...

Sam Z
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
The ONLY reason why Spider-Man has trouble with Venom, is because his spider-sense - which is an important fighting tool - doesn't work when fighting Venom.

So basically, it's always a handicapped Spider-Man vs a full potential Venom. And Spider-Man has kicked around Venom lots of times...

Scarlet Spider's spider sense worked just fine. But it didn't stop Venom from almost killing him with one strike.
And spider sense wouldn't make much of a diference since Spider-man just can't hurt Venom. Besides Spidey has better reflexes than any other street-leveler, so spider sense is not such a big loss...

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Sam Z
Scarlet Spider's spider sense worked just fine. But it didn't stop Venom from almost killing him with one strike.
And spider sense wouldn't make much of a diference since Spider-man just can't hurt Venom. Besides Spidey has better reflexes than any other street-leveler, so spider sense is not such a big loss...
Sigh... Scarlet Spider, whose spider-sense worked just fine, beat Venom without plot device, which proves what I'm saying.

Thank you come again.

Sam Z
Sigh... Scarlet Spider, whose spider-sense worked just fine, beat Venom without plot device, which proves what I'm saying.

Thank you come again.

Scarlet Spider's efforts to hurt Venom were useless.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6816624

Venom almost killed Scarlet Spider with ONE strike, but Scream interfered and saved him, notice how Spider sense didn't help him.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6816565
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6816575
Later Venom almost killed both Scarlet Spider and Skream.

Scarlet Spider defeated Venom twice. First by using some sorta sonic device and second time KOed Eddie Brock while his face wasn't covered with symbiote.

Spider-man's punches are as useless against Venom as Scarlet's.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6889047
Which brings us back to my first argument. Spider-man is not going to beat Venom with his brute strength alone, not even with Cap's exp and DD's radar.
Thank you, come again.

Tha C-Master

So is Spidey a potential match for Eddie Brock as Venom? Let's get this a bit right here.

DD's sense isn't better than Spiderman's sense in straight combat, but then again he can't use it, so I wasn't sure if he was going to use it regardless.

Spiderman has had plot devices to beat Venom, but Venom has had plot devices as well, because Spiderman almost never goes out or is distracted. Venom going all out will beat Spiderman going all out (if it's Eddie Brock), because he was meant to beat Spiderman. Spiderman has thrashed Venom going all out before when the host was Angelo.

Nowadays however I'd say that Spiderman is used to Venom enough where he won't be hopeless against him, he should be able to last awhile, or buy some time because of Venom's style of fighting, Venom is a brawler.

Though I don't know how MA skills will help with someone like Venom, because blunt force trauma doesn't do much against him. Batman, Cap, and DD would get thrashed in a straight up fight with Spiderman or Venom.

But then again current Spiderman is upgraded alot. My only thing is that the MA skills won't really help him much in the first place. So I don't believe that will help him in this match.

Kid Kurdy
Scarlet Spider defeated Venom twice.
Like I said.

I hope you're not gonna call that a plot device. That's using your brains.

If that's a plot device, 95 pct of the Fantastic Four or Batman victories are plot devices.

Sam Z
Like I said.

I hope you're not gonna call that a plot device. That's using your brains.

If that's a plot device, 95 pct of the Fantastic Four or Batman victories are plot devices.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Spider-man doesn't get any sonic guns in this fight and unless Venom will act stupid and open Eddie's face for attacks (which he isn't going to do) there's nothing Spider-man would be able to do to KO him and skills wouldn't do him much good.
And spidersense didn't help Scarlet Spider much in the fight, so DD's radar won't be much of a help as well.

And big amount of Batman's victories ARE plot devices. Especially when he fights without prep against super powered villains.

Arachnid1

Fourthed. He does it all the time. It isn't hard to oursmart Eddie Brock anyway...

Sam Z
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Fourthed. He does it all the time. It isn't hard to oursmart Eddie Brock anyway...

It is, concidering that Eddie Brock is VERY smart himself.

Big Sexy
People here really underestimate venom. He if far above Spider man. His only saving grace is a plot device.
Venom has
Lifted tanks
ferris wheels
battled Juggernaut
battles hulk
beat thing
beat human torch
defeated carnage on several occasions
merged with himself to become twice as strong
took the carnage symbiote back
defeated carnage on several occassions.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Big Sexy
People here really underestimate venom. He if far above Spider man. His only saving grace is a plot device.
Venom has
Lifted tanks
ferris wheels
battled Juggernaut
battles hulk
beat thing
beat human torch
merged with himself to become twice as strong
took the carnage symbiote back
You want to compare Spider-Mans high end feats with Venom high end feats ? I wouldn't do that if I were you.

For example : he TRIED to beat Juggernaut, but was humiliated, and was almost killed. Spider-Man beat Juggernaut.

For example : he TRIED to put up a decent fight against Hulk. Spider-Man beat the Hulk on more than one occasion.

And so on. I'd like to see him against Absorbing Man. Or the Sinister Six. Or Morlun. Or Titania. Or Firelord. Or... well you get the idea.

Soljer
Venom has

Was there a reason you reiterated this? confused

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Soljer
Was there a reason you reiterated this? confused goddamns paste button mad

Big Sexy
You want to compare Spider-Mans high end feats with Venom high end feats ? I wouldn't do that if I were you.

For example : he TRIED to beat Juggernaut, but was humiliated, and was almost killed. Spider-Man beat Juggernaut.

For example : he TRIED to put up a decent fight against Hulk. Spider-Man beat the Hulk on more than one occasion.

And so on. I'd like to see him against Absorbing Man. Or the Sinister Six. Or Morlun. Or Titania. Or Firelord. Or... well you get the idea. He beat Hulk with speed alone. As far as the juggs fight, Venom wasn't fighting to full potential because of the whole madness problem. The second time was a different story. Venom can take class one hundred punches and come back for more. Spiderman still has the problem of actually hurting him. Plot devices are his saving grace.

Big Sexy

And so on. I'd like to see him against Absorbing Man. Or the Sinister Six. Or Morlun. Or Titania. Or Firelord. Or... well you get the idea. firelord roll eyes (sarcastic), biggest tripe ever written. without plot device, hes not winning.

Kid Kurdy
firelord roll eyes (sarcastic), biggest tripe ever written. without plot device, hes not winning.
Could you please explain to me what kind of plot device you are talking about ?

Unless you consider "kicks and punches" as plot devices.

Big Sexy

And so on. I'd like to see him against Absorbing Man. Or the Sinister Six. Or Morlun. Or Titania. Or Firelord. Or... well you get the idea.
I dont know much about Morlun since I stopped reading Spiderman regularly at that time.
1. Sinister six- On several occassions he used a plot device or was helped. Kaine saved him from the SS before.
2. Absorbing man- He various depending on who he fights. Does better against more powerful foes. Against a street leveler, not much to absorb.
3. Titania- If I remember correctly she defeated him and Kaine

Big Sexy
Could you please explain to me what kind of plot device you are talking about ?

Unless you consider "kicks and punches" as plot devices. Sonics and fire. Usually the sonic gun reed has. Even on Venoms first appearances Spiderman needed the gun to defeat him. Also if you want to count that time when Peter tricked the symbiote into leaving Brock and returning to him.

Kid Kurdy
I was talking about the Firelord fight.

Symmetric Chaos
I was talking about the Firelord fight.

Firelord was holding back tremendously for the whole fight.

Big Sexy
I was talking about the Firelord fight. No one counts that fight. Its the biggest bullshit ever written. Firelord battled SS, Thanos, and Thor and did well. Spiderman beating him is just plain bad writing.

Sam Z

Venom was never humiliated by Juggernaut. Actually he was making fun of him for the whole fight till Juggs pushed him into toxins when Venom got distracted by the madness virus. In their 2 next fights Venom clearly had an upperhand.

Spider-man defeated Juggernaut because Juggs stuck in wet cement. Now that is a plot device.

Hulk had to thunderclap Venom to defeat him.

As for sinister six, Venom almost killed Sandman, Kraven and Electro. Was winning in a fight against She-Hulk. Beat Ghost Rider. Almost killed the Thing. And well, that last fight with Juggernaut...

Antediluvian89

So is Spidey a potential match for Eddie Brock as Venom? Venom wins, it will be like Spider-Man vs Venom except that Venom will have to work a little harder this time.

He is just too durable to care about how strong Spidey is (f**ker took the double-fist in the head from Juggs and that's already a damn good shot.) And Spidey's speed and agility ain't gonna help against someone who is just as fast.

Venom has even K.O:ed Spidey with a couple of punches before and that doesn't bode very well for Pete.

Kid Kurdy
Venom was never humiliated by Juggernaut. Actually he was making fun of him for the whole fight till Juggs pushed him into toxins when Venom got distracted by the madness virus. In their 2 next fights Venom clearly had an upper hand.
Horrible writing. Awful.

Would Juggernaut even feel Venom's punches ? That's very debatable. The only thing Venom can do, is annoy Juggernaut (same for Spider-Man of course).

You attack the Spider-Man vs Firelord fight (a second rate herald who isn't that durable in case you didn't know), but you have no problem with Venom "having the upper hand" when fighting Juggernaut confused

Big Sexy
Venom vs Spidey and torch

Big Sexy

Big Sexy

Big Sexy

Big Sexy

Symmetric Chaos
crazy Photobucket or Imageshack

Big Sexy
crazy Photobucket or Imageshack nosweat

Kid Kurdy
You are trying to prove something... but I don't know what exactly... we all know Venom is badass, you don't have to convince me.

Big Sexy
You are trying to prove something... but I don't know what exactly... we all know Venom is badass, you don't have to convince me. Your original statement was that Spiderman could beat Venom without a plot device but the majority of fights between them shows he needs outside help to defeat Venom.

Kid Kurdy
No my original statement was that Spider-Man has a lot of trouble fighting Venom because he can't use his all important spider-sense, an essential part of his way of fighting.

That's like Invisible Woman without force fields, or Daredevil without his radar sense.

Venom would still be very dangerous, but not as extremely dangerous.

And don't gimme that Scarlet crap (who beat Venom) : Spider-Man isn't Scarlet Spider, he is way more experienced and knows Venom like the back of his hand. Scarlet Spider didn't, he underestimated him.

Big Sexy
No my original statement was that Spider-Man has a lot of trouble fighting Venom because he can't use his all important spider-sense, an essential part of his way of fighting.

That's like Invisible Woman without force fields, or Daredevil without his radar sense.

Venom would still be very dangerous, but not as extremely dangerous.

And don't gimme that Scarlet crap (who beat Venom) : Spider-Man isn't Scarlet Spider, he is way more experienced and knows Venom like the back of his hand. Scarlet Spider didn't, he underestimated him. Venom took hits from all the symbiots in "Separation Anxiety" and wasn't koed, yet Scarlet Spider did it to Venom with an exposed face. The scarlet spider fight is also questionable.

juggernaut66666
Venom has the same speed as Spidey but Brock is stronger ,more durable can use his suit as a weapon to cut or impale Peter.

Sam Z
Horrible writing. Awful.

Would Juggernaut even feel Venom's punches ? That's very debatable. The only thing Venom can do, is annoy Juggernaut (same for Spider-Man of course).

You attack the Spider-Man vs Firelord fight (a second rate herald who isn't that durable in case you didn't know), but you have no problem with Venom "having the upper hand" when fighting Juggernaut confused

Nope. Big speed advantage.
Not even Hulk's punches should effect Juggernaut. And they do not.
Hurting and sending flying with a punch are 2 different things.

DarkCrawler
Venom is stronger and more durable then Spider-Man, but I would give Spidey the speed and agility advantage. I think Venom would win more often then not against Spider-Man, but to say that Spider-Man could not affect Venom at all with his punches is ridicolous - these two have had fights that have lasted for entire ISSUES, and Venom isn't excatly laughing at Spider-Man's punches in them.

With all the skills here, he might be able to affect him on stuff like pressure points and such, but with the symbiote, that is doubtful. I'd still give majority to Venom.

Evil_Ash
I never understood why Venom is stronger than Spider-Man....

Eddie Brock is physically far weaker than Spider-Man, and if he bonds with the symbiote, shouldn't he be just as strong as Spider-Man then?

DarkCrawler
I'm not still sure how that works, but the symbiote did not power up Spider-Man at all when he had it.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I'm not still sure how that works, but the symbiote did not power up Spider-Man at all when he had it.

Ok.

In the animated series, Spider-Man mentioned several times that the symbiote made him stronger than usual.

DarkCrawler
Animated isn't comics, though.

endrict

Co-signed

DarkCrawler
Spider-Man on his lonesome isn't capable of defeating Venom in the long run. He would certainly be able to hold his own for hours, but he doesn't have the necessary strength to bring him down for good. And Venom would certainly feel his punches.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
I never understood why Venom is stronger than Spider-Man....

Eddie Brock is physically far weaker than Spider-Man, and if he bonds with the symbiote, shouldn't he be just as strong as Spider-Man then? No.

The venom symbiote, after bonding with Spiderman, kept the qualities that Spiderman had. Eddie Brock, who had olympic-level strength BEFORE the symbiote, had his strength accelerated far beyond what Parker did. Venom then absorbed a second symbiote, and his abilities shot into the Class 70's.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
No.

The venom symbiote, after bonding with Spiderman, kept the qualities that Spiderman had. Eddie Brock, who had olympic-level strength BEFORE the symbiote, had his strength accelerated far beyond what Parker did. Venom then absorbed a second symbiote, and his abilities shot into the Class 70's.

What the hell is olympic-level strength? stick out tongue

Sparkz
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
No.

Class 70...I find that hard to belive, I would have said class 50 at the very most.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.