Do Not Underestimate Yourself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goddess Kali
There is a Secret that I learned, that many many young and elder people alike do not full realize.

You have the Power to Be Whatever you want, and to live whatever Life you wish

That is Absolutely True. But you have to make it happen. Some people will be skeptical and claim that this is just over optimism. Some people will argue that there are conditions and limits that you must endure which will limit your abilities and success.

The Essence of Truth is that the only real limit is the one you create for yourself.

Because of systems like Capitalism, Classicism, and other scenarios which promote Competition, most of us are conditioned to desire to be better than another. This, according to Buddhism, is the World of Anamality. Survival through the means of conquering another.

The Third World of the Ten, right after Hunger and right before Anger. Most of us live there. Almost all Teenagers and Young Adults dwell there, that is where Bullying, bashing, and jealousy are born.

Many elder adults are not fortunate enough to ever escape that Realm and live there until thier Deaths.

We are set up to Dread Failure, as if Failure is a weakness. We are taught to loathe defeat, and to desire to be the Best...not the Best that we can be as individuals, but to best all other people. We eventually learn to fear failure, and so many people waste thier lives either feeling sorry for themselves, feeling inferior, or becoming obsessed with defeating another person.

Failure is an inevitable Path to Success.

We WILL FAIL many times before we achieve whatever it is we desire.

But the key is do not stop. Do not allow the opinions and judgement of others to determine your self esteem and drive. Words can only hurt you if you allow them to. The beleifs of others, the judgement, etc. can only harm you if you allow it to.

You are your own Refuge. Do not allow another person to determine your life or outlook. You are responsible for your own happiness. You are responsible for your own well being and security. No one else is.

I will give you examples of people who have overcome obstacles and achieved thier dreams:

1)Todd McFarlane- he is a comic book artist and toy designer. HE created the character Spawn. He struggled with his career in his encounters with Marvel and DC. Representatives of both companies told him that his work was sh*t, and that he would never make it in comics. That he should just try doing something else for a living.

Before he even got a job at Marvel, he was rejected....you ready... ?

700 TIMES....he had SEVEN HUNDRED rejections before he finally made it in the comic biz...700 interviews, 700 failures !!!

You know what ?

Now he is a Multi Millionaire- and he alone is worth more than any individual artist from Marvel or DC....

Seven Hundred Rejections did not calm his drive....700 failures did NOT prevent his SUCCESS.

2)Beyonce- you all know her. The Gorgeous Beyonce Knowles....are you guys aware of the struggle she endured before making it big ?

When she was younger, her mother and father invested everything they had to promote their daughter and her band. They had to sell thier house because they owed so much money from thier spending.

Beyonce had two of her freinds turn thier back on her and sue her father for creative rights in Destiny's Child.

Thousands of people bashed and hated Beyonce. There was even a website called www.IhateBeyonce.com, where a community of hateful people spent hours a day just bashing Beyonce on these forums. Look it up if you don't beleive me....

She endured far more than what I have mentioned...look up her extensive biography....and look at her NOW...she's on top of the fkn world.

3)Christina Aguilera- she's a huge star and gorgeous and happy as hell today. But do you guys know what her childhood was like ?

At her High School Prom, when her song "Genie in a Bottle" played, all the girls took thier boyfreinds off the dance floor, and NO ONE danced to her song. IT was a direct insult at Aguilera. It broke her heart that people would be this hateful.....

Look at her now.....u thnk she gives a flying f*ck now ?

When people bash you, especially when you did nothing wrong to them, it is done out of weakness. They are unhappy with themselves and thier lives. This may sound cliche, but it is ABSOLUTELY TRUE

People who are happy and productive with themselves and thier lives and thier relationships do not feel the need to put anyone else down for any reason *

Stay away from these kinds of people. You cannot change them. You cannot make someone love you or respect you. It is pointless, because it serves you in no way. You are STILL THE SAME PERSON regardless of who likes or hates you....

Unfortunately, their are many Negative Environments that will influence your ourlook....they can be High School, your own Home, or even a forum like KMC....

If you wish to succeed, you must not volunteer yourself into negative environments. You do not need them. You are your own refuge. Be good to yourself, and I hope you all learn some day that you have so much power....do not let it waste.

Shakyamunison

Storm
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
There is a Secret that I learned, that many many young and elder people alike do not full realize.

That is Absolutely True. But you have to make it happen. Some people will be skeptical and claim that this is just over optimism. Some people will argue that there are conditions and limits that you must endure which will limit your abilities and success.

The Essence of Truth is that the only real limit is the one you create for yourself.

Because of systems like Capitalism, Classicism, and other scenarios which promote Competition, most of us are conditioned to desire to be better than another. This, according to Buddhism, is the World of Anamality. Survival through the means of conquering another.

The Third World of the Ten, right after Hunger and right before Anger. Most of us live there. Almost all Teenagers and Young Adults dwell there, that is where Bullying, bashing, and jealousy are born.

Many elder adults are not fortunate enough to ever escape that Realm and live there until thier Deaths.

We are set up to Dread Failure, as if Failure is a weakness. We are taught to loathe defeat, and to desire to be the Best...not the Best that we can be as individuals, but to best all other people. We eventually learn to fear failure, and so many people waste thier lives either feeling sorry for themselves, feeling inferior, or becoming obsessed with defeating another person.

Failure is an inevitable Path to Success.

We WILL FAIL many times before we achieve whatever it is we desire.

But the key is do not stop. Do not allow the opinions and judgement of others to determine your self esteem and drive. Words can only hurt you if you allow them to. The beleifs of others, the judgement, etc. can only harm you if you allow it to.

You are your own Refuge. Do not allow another person to determine your life or outlook. You are responsible for your own happiness. You are responsible for your own well being and security. No one else is.

I will give you examples of people who have overcome obstacles and achieved thier dreams:

1)Todd McFarlane- he is a comic book artist and toy designer. HE created the character Spawn. He struggled with his career in his encounters with Marvel and DC. Representatives of both companies told him that his work was sh*t, and that he would never make it in comics. That he should just try doing something else for a living.

Before he even got a job at Marvel, he was rejected....you ready... ?

700 TIMES....he had SEVEN HUNDRED rejections before he finally made it in the comic biz...700 interviews, 700 failures !!!

You know what ?

Now he is a Multi Millionaire- and he alone is worth more than any individual artist from Marvel or DC....

Seven Hundred Rejections did not calm his drive....700 failures did NOT prevent his SUCCESS.

2)Beyonce- you all know her. The Gorgeous Beyonce Knowles....are you guys aware of the struggle she endured before making it big ?

When she was younger, her mother and father invested everything they had to promote their daughter and her band. They had to sell thier house because they owed so much money from thier spending.

Beyonce had two of her freinds turn thier back on her and sue her father for creative rights in Destiny's Child.

Thousands of people bashed and hated Beyonce. There was even a website called www.IhateBeyonce.com, where a community of hateful people spent hours a day just bashing Beyonce on these forums. Look it up if you don't beleive me....

She endured far more than what I have mentioned...look up her extensive biography....and look at her NOW...she's on top of the fkn world.

3)Christina Aguilera- she's a huge star and gorgeous and happy as hell today. But do you guys know what her childhood was like ?

At her High School Prom, when her song "Genie in a Bottle" played, all the girls took thier boyfreinds off the dance floor, and NO ONE danced to her song. IT was a direct insult at Aguilera. It broke her heart that people would be this hateful.....

Look at her now.....u thnk she gives a flying f*ck now ?
Self-fulfilling prophecy. An individual' s opinion about his ability and his self-expectations about his performance largely determine his performance. If you think you can succeed, you will likely succeed.

When people bash you, especially when you did nothing wrong to them, it is done out of weakness. They are unhappy with themselves and thier lives. This may sound cliche, but it is ABSOLUTELY TRUE

People who are happy and productive with themselves and thier lives and thier relationships do not feel the need to put anyone else down for any reason *

Stay away from these kinds of people. You cannot change them. You cannot make someone love you or respect you. It is pointless, because it serves you in no way. You are STILL THE SAME PERSON regardless of who likes or hates you....

Unfortunately, their are many Negative Environments that will influence your ourlook....they can be High School, your own Home, or even a forum like KMC....

If you wish to succeed, you must not volunteer yourself into negative environments. You do not need them. You are your own refuge. Be good to yourself, and I hope you all learn some day that you have so much power....do not let it waste.
It' s pretty normal to attribute what is happening in our lives and the circumstances we find ourselves in to some other cause. All too often, it' s someone else' s fault or doing. It' s too hard, and too much of an attack on our pride, self esteem and self defence to consider that perhaps we are mostly responsible for things that happen in our lives. It' s challenging to admit that we might have been wrong.

Goddess Kali
So I see that you guys agree smile

Tangible God

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Tangible God
I think I'm Lord of Earth, with Joan Rivers has my pet dog.

*looks around*

Nope. Stupid Buddha.

Well, that is your failure. Don't go blaming Buddha. laughing out loud

Goddess Kali
I think I'm Lord of Earth, with Joan Rivers has my pet dog.

*looks around*

Nope. Stupid Buddha.

Please do not spam my thread....or at least wait 6 pages to do so....

Tangible God
Please do not spam my thread....or at least wait 6 pages to do so.... I've never been one to ignore petty temptations for long.

Shakyamunison
I've never been one to ignore petty temptations for long.

Wrongful thinking leads to wrongful actions. Buddha

Goddess Kali
I've never been one to ignore petty temptations for long.

Same Here....I am guilty of the same impulses. But please...I am trying to help people here....especially youth who lack self esteem, or those who are confused to thier power level in life.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Wrongful thinking leads to wrongful actions. Buddha My Grade Three teacher often stated the obvious too, I never liked her for it, annoying as hell.

Thundar
Nah I don't agree. Ultimately, believing solely in yourself and what's good for you only brings about selfish conclusions. They may seem good on the surface, but that's the only thing "good" about them. Everyone has the right to their opinion though.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Thundar
Nah I don't agree. Ultimately, believing solely in yourself and what's good for you only brings about selfish conclusions. They may seem good on the surface, but that's the only thing "good" about them. Everyone has the right to their opinion though.

That is because you beleive that nothing is possible without God. That is your personal bias and opinion.

Also this thread is not about selfishness. This thread is about realizing the power you have as an individual person.

Shakyamunison

Did you read all of first post in the thread? I think not. I think that all you did was see a few words, and all that Christian propaganda that you have filled your mind with blocked your view from understanding.

You are what you think.

Goddess Kali
Did you read all of first post in the thread? I think not. I think that all you did was see a few words, and all that Christian propaganda that you have filled your mind with blocked your view from understanding.

You are what you think.

Like Always Shaky....he always sees oppurtunity to antagonize any philosophy or idealogy other than his own thumb down

Shakyamunison
Like Always Shaky....he always sees oppurtunity to antagonize any philosophy or idealogy other than his own thumb down

Ya, and I always point it out. laughing

Goddess Kali
laughing

silver_tears

Goddess Kali

Shakyamunison

silver_tears
How did I insult someone else's belief?

If I was wrong, he can come back and tell me that I have got it all wrong. However, he never does.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "propaganda" has negative connotations and you calling what he spoke of as simply Christian propaganda does in fact insult his belief.

You are not fully aware of what Shaky is saying. Thundar bashes everyone else's way of thinking. He even bashed my point without actually reading it first....

He didn't bash your point for one thing. He said he didn't believe in it. He also said everyone's entitled to an opinion, there was no bashing involved.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by silver_tears
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "propaganda" has negative connotations and you calling what he spoke of as simply Christian propaganda does in fact insult his belief.

I wasn't saying that his beliefs are propaganda. I was talking about actual propaganda put out by some Christian groups that claim that Buddhism is a selfish religion.

silver_tears
I'm Catholic, well not really a practising Catholic, but I was raised Catholic and I actually do believe in the tenets of Catholicism.
To me Buddhism is simply a very self-aware religion, the two aren't really reconcilable, but it doesn't make either wrong. shrug

And as for the first post, believing in yourself is one thing, disregarding others around you in your pursuit is in fact selfish, especially if you pursue riches and fame. And GK's examples are really poor in the sense that is what they sought imo.

Shakyamunison
I'm Catholic, well not really a practising Catholic, but I was raised Catholic and I actually do believe in the tenets of Catholicism.
To me Buddhism is simply a very self-aware religion, the two aren't really reconcilable, but it doesn't make either wrong. shrug

And as for the first post, believing in yourself is one thing, disregarding others around you in your pursuit is in fact selfish, especially if you pursue riches and fame. And GK's examples are really poor in the sense that is what they sought imo.

Selfishness is trying to fill a void in your life with things outside of your life. True self awareness is needing nothing, but happiness for all others. Jesus was self aware.

Goddess Kali

You obviously do not understand the point to this thread.... erm

There is nothing selfish about living the life you want to live. There is nothing selfish about realizing your true power you have on this world.

There is nothing selfish about ignoring the negative opinions of others.

Regret

more stuff

more stuff

I liked it better when you were simply "The Bisexual Christian Hater of KMC" laughing laughing

Since your self enlightening epiphany (or whatever it was) you seem to make longer posts and I can't just say, "this isn't about the gays", and still make sense with your posts wink

Sorry for this facetious post laughing

Schecter
i love how certain kmc babies throw a tantrum and cry 'bashing' when a simple and polite opinion is stated, without any accusations or negative implication. shit, i hope you remembered to report her. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Schecter
i love how certain kmc babies throw a tantrum and cry 'bashing' when a simple and polite opinion is stated, without any accusations or negative implication. shit, i hope you remembered to report her. roll eyes (sarcastic)

confused

Regret
i love how certain kmc babies throw a tantrum and cry 'bashing' when a simple and polite opinion is stated, without any accusations or negative implication. shit, i hope you remembered to report her. roll eyes (sarcastic) If you are referring to my post, it was friendly jesting with Kali, not an attack, and he'll probably get a chuckle out of it, KMC isn't that uptight.

Schecter

not a single bit of insinuation, no insult, no jabbing...god help me i'm defending whob, but you're making me messed
now to the back and forth rudeness, speaking down to another member in the third person:

You are what you think.

Ya, and I always point it out. laughing

laughing

for some really sensative chaps who hover your fingers always over that report button, demanding the upmost politeness and pleasantness you're sure confusing me here.

again, as above, nothing warranting this rudeness:

There is nothing selfish about ignoring the negative opinions of others.

and no, im not saying "dont be rude". be whatever you want. just dont be hypocritical about it.

Shakyamunison
^ You are defending whob. laughing

Also, I was hoping he would call me on my post. I would like to talk to him, man to man, but he always runs away.

Mindship
It's what mortals do.

Adam_PoE

. . . and you have chosen to squander this potential by being the most base person possible.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
. . . and you have chosen to squander this potential by being the most base person possible.

I did no such thing. You don't know me or anything about my life. Anything I have spoken about has barely been the surface.

i love how certain kmc babies throw a tantrum and cry 'bashing' when a simple and polite opinion is stated, without any accusations or negative implication. shit, i hope you remembered to report her.

I wasn't talkn about her old freind wink

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Regret
I liked it better when you were simply "The Bisexual Christian Hater of KMC" laughing laughing

Since your self enlightening epiphany (or whatever it was) you seem to make longer posts and I can't just say, "this isn't about the gays", and still make sense with your posts wink

Sorry for this facetious post laughing

You liked it better when I just bashed people ? erm

Shakyamunison
You liked it better when I just bashed people ? erm

You were easier to deal with back then. wink

Goddess Kali
You were easier to deal with back then. wink

Yeah....Capt Fantastic and Adam Poe are mad at me, because they know their same approach is no longer valid laughing

Ne ways, enough of them...I put them on Ignore. From now on, anyone who has any issue against me, who addresses me in an ill or irrational manner is on my Ignore. I will waste no time.

I will visit this site less often...I have plans for this summer, and I intend to stay loyal to them. I have a new boyfreind (well....hes my ex, but we're back together), and I intend to make things right.

KMC has been my outlet for a long time....my escape from the pressures of my real life...none of you have any idea what my life is really like.....i haven't even mentioned some of the sh*t I endure, because its too painful.

School, Work, no days off, bad relationships, having to get tested every fkn month...that's not even the surface of my life.

But I learned that I can control it....my life is mine. No one else's. Anyone who harms or offends me only succeeds in doing so because I allow it. And for no other reason.

I will continue to post on KMC. I will not simply run away because a few dozen people are nasty...however, I will only post things that I feel will help people. In anyway what so ever.

I am done bashing, and I am done allowing myself to be bashed as well. This negativity is so superficial and contains no substance.

However, I have a lot on my mind. And I need to speak...I need to write..I need to learn. KMC has taught me a lot...I am now a Buddhist, simply because of the motivation I have recieved from some wondorful members here.

I have also learned that I am not the only one with problems....no offense, but all of you have issues...if you didn't, you wouldn't waste your time arguing with other people and getting frustrated on this forum.

I also know what I do not want to become.....thanks for that.

Shakymunison....you and Smiter are my best freinds here. Thanks for all your wisdom, thanks for hearing me out with all those PM's and emails, and may we further communicate for years to come.

To everyone else...everyone I ever offended and insulted....Feceman, Nellinator, Regret, PVS (schecter), Whodamandog (Thundar), Bardock42, Capt Fantastic, Adam Poe, Adarksiedjedi, Storm, Lil Bitchiness, Muslimscholar, Fatima, Lord xyz,
Nvrbeenwthagirl, Captain Maynard, Vinny Valentine, Marko, Marcello, Marcu, Soleran, Jesusisalive, TheEndisNear, Alpha Centauri, Alliance, etc.

I apologize

I don't care if your sorry...i don't care if you care that I apologize...this is something I am saying because I am done. From this night on, there will not be another word out of my mouth that possesses the intent to insult or bash another person for whatever reason.

Do, Say, Think whatever you want...I do not care. But I have a lot to focus on....I wish you all the best.

Adam_PoE

Storm
If this thread proceeds to have nothing but quarreling value, then the option being considered is to close it.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Storm
If this thread proceeds to have nothing but quarreling value, then the option being considered is to close it.

I promise you that is not the intention of this thread.

I have put all who attempt to turn this thread into another antagonizing quarrel on Ignore.

Regret
You liked it better when I just bashed people ? erm No, your better now. You just aren't as predictable as you used to be. I was just joking with you.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Regret
No, your better now. You just aren't as predictable as you used to be. I was just joking with you.

Thanks big grin

I also find you a lot better than many of the posters on this forum. You are no where as Immature as most of KMC is, and if I ever suggested otherwise, than I apologize.

Schecter
wow, that's sad....oh well

Goddess Kali
What's sad ?

Schecter
never mind. doesnt matter. my bad for continuing this.

Goddess Kali
okay thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.