Online Dangers Are REAL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
Girl raped after MySpace meeting

"MySpace is again at the centre of a row over online safety, after a court in Chicago heard that a girl of 14 was gang-raped and left unconscious in an alley after a real life meeting arranged via the social networking site.

Two high school students, named as Angel Alverio, 18, and Tony Pacheco, 17, have been charged with one count each of criminal sexual assault, the Chicago Sun Times reports. A 15-year old was charged with the same offence on Monday in a juvenile court, and fourth suspect is still at large.

The court heard that Alverio and Pacheco made contact with the girl through the MySpace site. After meeting, they allegedly drove her to a house in the 4800 block of West Walton. According to the Chicago Sun Times they all started drinking and playing video games.

Chicago Police officer JoAnn Taylor told the court that a large quantity of alcohol was consumed by the group, and that the girl "became ill, and that is when she was sexually assaulted multiple times by the offenders".

Assistant State Attorney John Henning told the court that after the alleged assault "the victim awoke and found herself abandoned in an alley", where she was found by a passer-by.

Ross Rice, spokesman for the FBI's Chicago office, told the paper: "We've seen a steady increase in the use of the internet in a number of different crimes - especially in the sexual exploitation of minors."

If nothing else, this case highlights that screening for age does not guarantee safety. The same precautions as ever apply: if you are going to meet up with someone in real life whom you have met online, do so in a public place, with a friend, and make sure someone knows what your plans are."

AND THAT'S ONE TO GROW ON KIDS. wink

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Wild-Cherry
I hate myspace ermm

This is one main reason yes

Uneeklyconfused
shocklaugh

Soleran
Originally posted by InnerRise

eek!

Soleran
Originally posted by Wild-Cherry
I hate myspace ermm

I hate myspace too.

Strangelove
I hate it, but I use it. I'm a 19 year-old male, I don't need to worry about rapists. And I'm not planning on doing any raping, either

Eclipso
Shouldn't this be in the GDF?

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by Eclipso
Shouldn't this be in the GDF?

It can be moved. If it has to..

His point has been made

Soleran
No, this is really OTF stuff.

Strangelove
Shouldn't this be in the GDF? blink I don't think I've heard of an OTF thread being moved to the GDF. It's unheard of shock

Sanctuary
Of course they are real. No one is pretending there is no danger. confused

Schecter
holy shit!!! aids is real too!!!! EVERYONE!!!!! STOP HAVING SEX!!!!!

Lord Paradise
I had a friend who went on a site I visited, and started passing out the exact town I'm from. I never give away more than my time zone, my birthday, and sometimes my first name. My podcast's Myspace also has pictures of me.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Schecter
holy shit!!! aids is real too!!!! EVERYONE!!!!! STOP HAVING SEX!!!!! That really doesn't apply here. The sarcasm is lost. erm

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Schecter
it fits like a glove.
unless of course people here are actually saying that no danger exists...which nobody has ever said.

Tiberius
Interesting, given yesterdays discussions?

InnerRise
it fits like a glove.
unless of course people here are actually saying that no danger exists...which nobody has ever said. Well you've posted your peace and I've made a THREAD on mine.

Nice day to you.

Originally posted by Tiberius
Interesting, given yesterdays discussions?
Yes indeed isn't it. hmmm

Lana
You realize that these things do NOT happen nearly as often as the media would lead you to believe, right, InnerRise? It's called sensationalism.

However no one has ever said that it doesn't happen.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Strangelove
I hate it, but I use it. I'm a 19 year-old male, I don't need to worry about rapists. And I'm not planning on doing any raping, either

InnerRise
Originally posted by Lana
You realize that these things do NOT happen nearly as often as the media would lead you to believe, right, InnerRise? It's called sensationalism.

However no one has ever said that it doesn't happen. To answer your question: YES.

Now....Carry on. happy

Lord Paradise
Rapes, shark attacks, lightning strikes, killer bee attacks, none of that stuff happens all that often. But if you put it all together, you should be worried.

Schecter
im just saying that the title is an implication that people dont believe that the danger exists. so it kinda taints the topic with a false premise imho

Well you've posted your peace and I've made a THREAD on mine.

fair enough, and as a member i've posted in this thread of yours.

forum, remember?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Lord Paradise
Rapes, shark attacks, lightning strikes, killer bee attacks, none of that stuff happens all that often. But if you put it all together, you should be worried. Shark rapists with killer bee thugs and lightning? shock

We should throw in an alien abduction just to be funny 131

Storm
*Giggles.*

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Schecter
hmmm....you never hear much about killer bees anymore

InnerRise
Shark rapists with killer bee thugs and lightning? shock

We should throw in an alien abduction just to be funny 131 Or I could just make a thread on each of those to let people know that they really really do happen are aren't things made up in fairy tales. erm

Strangelove
Or I could just make a thread on each of those to let people know that they really really do happen are aren't things made up in fairy tales. erm

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Except for alien abductions.......right? dodgy

Lord Paradise
Originally posted by Storm
*Giggles.*

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. That's somewhat terrifying.

Is it me or have I said that in the past? I just got weird deja vu.

Shark rapists with killer bee thugs and lightning? shock

We should throw in an alien abduction just to be funny 131 There's nothing funny about the Venusian menace.

Captain Maynard
I never knew about this problem until this thread!

InnerRise
Except for alien abductions.......right? dodgy Pbft! Of Course! dodgy

Uneeklyconfused
You can see Jordon's 'pantsbeard' in this magazine laughing...

But I digress... embarrasment

Storm
That's somewhat terrifying.

Is it me or have I said that in the past? I just got weird deja vu.

*Pinches your cheeks.*

Schecter
this thread just gave me an idea eek!

*opens predatory myspace profile*

THANKS big grin

Lord Paradise
I always think seminars in school get it wrong. They're all like "Yo. We're hip. Don't give out personal information" when it would get the point across better if they just listed 500 people who got raped over the internet and what information they gave away. Fear is more powerful than music videos.

InnerRise
I always think seminars in school get it wrong. They're all like "Yo. We're hip. Don't give out personal information" when it would get the point across better if they just listed 500 people who got raped over the internet and what information they gave away. Fear is more powerful than music videos. True True, but what age group are we talking here? erm

Tiberius
this thread just gave me an idea eek!

*opens predatory myspace profile*

THANKS big grin

I thought you had several of those already stick out tongue

Schecter
Originally posted by Tiberius
I thought you had several of those already stick out tongue

NO YOU!!!1 dur

Lord Paradise
True True, but what age group are we talking here? erm

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Middle school/highschool. We had this really stupid one a couple years ago that was hosted by the national guard, and in between stories about people who make good choices and succeed they would have all this propaganda about how the heroic troops of the national guard are making our country proud, and we should all sign up. Then it went to a clip from Bruce Almighty for no apparent reason. It was incredibly poorly put together.

smoker4
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
You can see Jordon's 'pantsbeard' in this magazine laughing...

But I digress... embarrasment

laughing out loud

silver_tears
Her own fault.

Eclipso
Most of the time if someone is raped or attacked by someone online, it's due to their own naive and stupid behavior. And of course the parents not taking enough of an active role.

Leo.M
I'm not a myspace person. Never got into it. And I don't give out information about myself to people I haven't known for awhile. Hell... I don't even like posting my pictures.

Scythe
Yet all of this can be blamed on the young... Stupidity at it's finest.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by silver_tears
Her own fault.

Dun told her.

silver_tears
I have no pity for someone who puts themselves in that type of danger and then goes on to sue something like myspace.

Myspace didn't drop you off at the location you were to meet, myspace didn't encourage you to arrange a meeting, it didn't tell you to get into the car with strangers, and it sure as hell didn't encourage you to drink in their presence.

You acted like an idiot, put yourself in danger, and suffered consequences. I think people need to stop playing the victim when they're so clearly not. erm

Leo.M
I have no pity for someone who puts themselves in that type of danger and then goes on to sue something like myspace.

Myspace didn't drop you off at the location you were to meet, myspace didn't encourage you to arrange a meeting, it didn't tell you to get into the car with strangers, and it sure as hell didn't encourage you to drink in their presence.

You acted like an idiot, put yourself in danger, and suffered consequences. I think people need to stop playing the victim when they're so clearly not. erm

I agree with you on this. It was reckless of her to do this.

Eclipso
Wow, we all agree. Parents annoy the hell out of me, on my street they allow their kids to play in the street unsupervised and they are really young. Parents need to be more resposible in this day and age with all the dangers out there.

Scythe

I think part of the blame has to hit Myspace. As well as the parents.

Eclipso
How is Myspace at fault? They didn't tell the kid to be stupid and go meet a rapist.

Schecter
Originally posted by Scythe

may as well blame the internet...if we're going to blame a company server we may as well blame them all.

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-

You acted like an idiot, put yourself in danger, and suffered consequences. I think people need to stop playing the victim when they're so clearly not. erm Striped shirts droolio

LethalFemme

Why blame myspace at all? There are disclaimers throughout the whole site. Thats like blaming a car company just because you got hit by their brand of car. People need to be responsible for their actions.

Lord Paradise
Myspace in particular isn't the blame, it just happened to become full of rapists and idiots. Still, just cause back alleys aren't to blame for muggings, doesn't mean we should all walk down them.

silver_tears
Myspace in particular isn't the blame, it just happened to become full of rapists and idiots. Still, just cause back alleys aren't to blame for muggings, doesn't mean we should all walk down them.

That's why a smart person insures their own safety, but not putting themselves in these situations.

Originally posted by LethalFemme
Why blame myspace at all? There are disclaimers throughout the whole site. Thats like blaming a car company just because you got hist by there brand of car. People need to be responsible for their actions.

^ Like LF says, there's disclaimers aplenty.

LethalFemme
That's why a smart person insures their own safety, but not putting themselves in these situations.

^ Like LF says, there's disclaimers aplenty.

I reread my post when you quoted my typing was horrible.laughing out loud

Lord Paradise
I reread my post when you quoted my typing was horrible.laughing out loud You are forgiven.

InnerRise
I'm glad we all see eye to eye that meeting up with STRANGERS (because simply talking to someone for a period of time online does not make them NOT A STRANGER) is a bad idea, especially for YOUNG KIDS and parents that allow this to happen are DUMB as well.

Cheers. doped

Vinny Valentine
I have these two experiences...

The_Mayor
I hate it, but I use it, I don't need to worry about rapists. And I'm not planning on doing any raping, either

Same here.

Eclipso
Same, but it still is in no way Myspaces fault, if anything it's the parents for not monitoring their children and teaching them better.

Punkyhermy
the only thing nice about myspace are the song features.

InnerRise
I disliked Myspace before it got big. I just didn't like the whole atmosphere and the cheap look, which is still maintains.

Mr. Bacon
myspace is pretty stupid

Punkyhermy
I disliked Myspace before it got big. I just didn't like the whole atmosphere and the cheap look, which is still maintains.

yeah that "cheap" look irks me too. erm

Marko
Girl raped after MySpace meeting

"MySpace is again at the centre of a row over online safety, after a court in Chicago heard that a girl of 14 was gang-raped and left unconscious in an alley after a real life meeting arranged via the social networking site.

Two high school students, named as Angel Alverio, 18, and Tony Pacheco, 17, have been charged with one count each of criminal sexual assault, the Chicago Sun Times reports. A 15-year old was charged with the same offence on Monday in a juvenile court, and fourth suspect is still at large.

The court heard that Alverio and Pacheco made contact with the girl through the MySpace site. After meeting, they allegedly drove her to a house in the 4800 block of West Walton. According to the Chicago Sun Times they all started drinking and playing video games.

Chicago Police officer JoAnn Taylor told the court that a large quantity of alcohol was consumed by the group, and that the girl "became ill, and that is when she was sexually assaulted multiple times by the offenders".

Assistant State Attorney John Henning told the court that after the alleged assault "the victim awoke and found herself abandoned in an alley", where she was found by a passer-by.

Ross Rice, spokesman for the FBI's Chicago office, told the paper: "We've seen a steady increase in the use of the internet in a number of different crimes - especially in the sexual exploitation of minors."

If nothing else, this case highlights that screening for age does not guarantee safety. The same precautions as ever apply: if you are going to meet up with someone in real life whom you have met online, do so in a public place, with a friend, and make sure someone knows what your plans are."

And the award for 'The ability to point out the blindingly obvious and receive a unanimous expression of NO SHIT SHERLOCK' goes to Inner rise

InnerRise
It's InnerRise, with no SPACE.

Thanks.

Carry On. doped

Marko
It's InnerRise, with no SPACE.

Thanks.

Carry On. doped

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... fails to care ermm

InnerRise
Thank God. I was beginning to think you were about to troll me as you do some others. doped

Marko
Thank God. I was beginning to think you were about to troll me as you do some others. doped

nope ermm

a1hsauce
okay ladies..play nice

ragesRemorse
Im hope more people get raped and murdered for not practising common sense.

InnerRise
Originally posted by a1hsauce
okay ladies..play nice Please do "ladies." doped

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Im hope more people get raped and murdered for not practising common sense.
Indeed. Too little of that going on around here. (Practicing of Common Sense that is)

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Wild-Cherry
I hate myspace ermm

BlackSunshine
Why would anyone want to meet up with a total stranger period? They're stupid!!!! I have a myspace but I dont ever plan on meeting up with any asshat on myspace! That's just asking for it, you know?

Barker
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
Why would anyone want to meet up with a total stranger period? They're stupid!!!! I have a myspace but I dont ever plan on meeting up with any asshat on myspace! That's just asking for it, you know?
Agreed. 13

InnerRise
Why would anyone want to meet up with a total stranger period? They're stupid!!!! I have a myspace but I dont ever plan on meeting up with any asshat on myspace! That's just asking for it, you know? Originally posted by Barker
Agreed.

Without the Grotesque Smiley. doped

Storm
For various reasons. Even before the rise of the Internet, people looked for walking friends, driving partners, went on blind dates, etc. The only way to stay truly safe is to not meet new people, period.

If you want to meet someone face to face, there are measures you can take to set up that meeting safely.

InnerRise
Well the point here is that that 14 year old girl, being SOOO YOUNG, shouldn't have been meeting with anybody over the internet, not to mention the people she were meeting were at most 4 years older than her.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

G U I T A R
Marko is ugly smile

Eclipso
Well the point here is that that 14 year old girl, being SOOO YOUNG, shouldn't have been meeting with anybody over the internet, not to mention the people she were meeting were at most 4 years older than her.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Still, how is this Myspaces fault?

InnerRise
Originally posted by G U I T A R
Marko is ugly smile leftright

G U I T A R
It's myspace's fault because of the age let it. You should have to be 18 + to interact with other people on the internet like that.

G U I T A R
leftright

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... lol

Schecter
seriously. cant anyone take responsibility for their own actions and risks anymore? how about "its his fault for raping her" or "its her fault for being an idiot" ....no, its the fault of the myspace youtube googles.

Hax42
Im suing KMC for taking all this time away from me. And Im suing myspace for the emo uprise. And Im suing myself for being so damn fine swank Yes...Im talking about you.....oh youeyes Stop it blush2

Eis
It's myspace's fault because of the age let it. You should have to be 18 + to interact with other people on the internet like that.
What are you? 12?

On a side note, InnerRise, you've never had a tiny little bit of sex, have you?

JaehSkywalker

it's your right to interact with people sheesh.

she should've come with someone older. *sigh* she should've taken some sort of security measure or something. It's her fault, and kinda her parents' too.

Lana

Um, no. Myspace is not at ALL to fault if someone decides to act like a ****ing retard on there. They can't help it if people decide to use the site as a place to hook up and end up making really bad decisions. The site did not make the girl be stupid enough to meet up with people she didn't know without a parent or other person that she knew and trusted with her.

Strangelove
Marko is ugly smile ...and what was the point of that?

Schecter
how about we just lock every child under 18 in a 4x6 rubber room in solitary confinement, complete with straight jacket so they dont hurt themselves. then they will be 100% safe from interaction with the evil and sinister outside world.

JaehSkywalker
Um, no. Myspace is not at ALL to fault if someone decides to act like a ****ing retard on there. They can't help it if people decide to use the site as a place to hook up and end up making really bad decisions. The site did not make the girl be stupid enough to meet up with people she didn't know without a parent or other person that she knew and trusted with her.

right.

Lana

Hey, I just noticed something.

You're under 18 and have a myspace.

Hypocrite much?

You! Off the internet!

JaehSkywalker
how about we just lock every child under 18 in a 4x6 rubber room in solitary confinement, complete with straight jacket so they dont hurt themselves. then they will be 100% safe from interaction with the evil and sinister outside world.

no! you won't catch me! panic

Schecter
its for your own protection

JaehSkywalker
its for your own protection

I'm not as crazy as that girl in the first post is.

Hey, I just noticed something.

You're under 18 and have a myspace.

Hypocrite much?

You! Off the internet!

to guitar..: *coughs* gotcha! *coughs*

InnerRise
Originally posted by Eis
What are you? 12?

On a side note, InnerRise, you've never had a tiny little bit of sex, have you? Believe it or not, I'm not about to discuss my Sex Life with a mere 15 year old.

Eclipso

And they know if a person is lying about their age how? The point is the fault lies in the parents for not monitoring their children nor teaching them better and the child itself for being so naive and stupid.

Alpha Centauri
There's no room for debate here, and repeating stupid beliefs won't make room.

If you're 14 and you meet a stranger, you're dumb. It's not a matter of MySpace being at fault, MySpace isn't creating predators. If you allow yourself to be easy prey, you're to blame.

I've met up with people I've known for ages exclusively online, because I'm not an idiot and I've had proof that they are who they say they are before hand, I'm also old enough to realise precautions.

Anything else is irresponsible.

Besides, online dangers are better than real life dangers.

-AC

Soleran
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
, MySpace isn't creating predators. If you allow yourself to be easy prey, you're to blame.

No but myspace does help facilitate predators.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Hax42
Im suing KMC for taking all this time away from me. And Im suing myspace for the emo uprise. And Im suing myself for being so damn fine swank Yes...Im talking about you.....oh youeyes Stop it blush2

Shut up Mist.

AC is correct, what ever happened to common sense?

Storm vota subvertio OTF.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Soleran

No, MySpace doesn't, idiots do. Idiots make it easier for the predators.

Predators use MySpace and idiots use MySpace. Predators approach said idiots and said idiots approach predators.

It's no different than a man saying "Come here, I have some candy." and a 14 year old following. In fact, it's more stupid.

If people were smarter, predators would have NO success online. In real life if you resist they can drag you into a van, what can they do online if you refuse to meet? Nothing.

Stop blaming MySpace.

-AC

InnerRise
So Predators and Idiots are the only kinds of people who use Myspace? Hmmmm.....

Broad Generalization.

Alpha Centauri
Broad Generalization.

Idiotic misinterpretation.

They do use MySpace, I didn't imply they were the only kind of users.

-AC

Schecter
that was not a sweeping generalisation in terms of who uses myspace.

granted it certainly was in terms of only idiots being preyed upon.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Stop blaming MySpace.

-AC

It's similar to playgrounds, if a playground does not have a 24-hour police guard then it too is allowing paedophiles to prosper...or not, dear me there was a time people were expected to have the common sense to look after themselves...now a days no one takes responsibility.

Schecter
or parents could just monitor their child's activity on the computer, instead of having to create a one-world-government just so we can have a world-police force to enforce the law on myspace

Alpha Centauri
Exactly, Moff.

There's a child abuse commercial on TV and the tagline is: "Together we can wipe out child abuse.". Can't can we? Let's be realistic.

that was not a sweeping generalisation in terms of who uses myspace.

granted it certainly was in terms of only idiots being preyed upon.

I didn't imply it's only idiots that are preyed upon either, just idiots who allow predators to be successful in most cases.

-AC

Schecter
I didn't imply it's only idiots that are preyed upon either, just idiots who allow predators to be successful in most cases.

-AC

its a shame you didnt, because i would agree with such a generalisation.
reason being that idiot parents do not monitor their children's activity on the internet, and idiot parents tend to breed idiot children

InnerRise
Idiotic misinterpretation.

They do use MySpace, I didn't imply they were the only kind of users.

-AC Not really an idiotic minsinterpretation based on how you said it. And as I told you in the other thread. Stop with the blatant, uncalled for insults. You want an useless argument, go somewhere else please.

Carry on.

Grand_Moff_Gav
or parents could just monitor their child's activity on the computer, instead of having to create a one-world-government just so we can have a world-police force to enforce the law on myspace

Or parents could teach their children to be responsible,I would never have met up with anyone of the Internet...if I had the Internet that is, saying that, I wouldn't have went with a stranger on the streets either... its all about upbringing.

Alpha Centauri
Not really an idiotic minsinterpretation based on how you said it. And as I told you in the other thread. Stop with the blatant, uncalled for insults. You want an useless argument, go somewhere else please.

Carry on.

Saying it's idiotic isn't an insult, it was. If you were insulted, that's your own problem. I was insulting your misintepretation, not you.

Stop with the blatant, uncalled for whining.

-AC

InnerRise
Just stop it now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soleran
No, MySpace doesn't, idiots do. Idiots make it easier for the predators.

Predators use MySpace and idiots use MySpace. Predators approach said idiots and said idiots approach predators.

It's no different than a man saying "Come here, I have some candy." and a 14 year old following. In fact, it's more stupid.

If people were smarter, predators would have NO success online. In real life if you resist they can drag you into a van, what can they do online if you refuse to meet? Nothing.

Stop blaming MySpace.

-AC

I'm not blaming anything, it's just a fact, myspace does facilitate online predators.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I'm not blaming anything, it's just a fact, myspace does facilitate online predators.

So does the outside world...a child could walk into the woods near where I say and never come out.

Soleran
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
So does the outside world...a child could walk into the woods near where I say and never come out.

sure

Grand_Moff_Gav
sure

Thank you, I shall assume you have come round to my point, Myspace isnt to blame, its stupid kids. I blame the parents. Although, they will probably blame the government after all, noone wants to take responsibility for their mistakes anymore.

Soleran
Thank you, I shall assume you have come round to my point, Myspace isnt to blame, its stupid kids. I blame the parents. Although, they will probably blame the government after all, noone wants to take responsibility for their mistakes anymore.

I never said I blamed myspace, you can get off the highhorse now.

Lana

That's far more likely to happen, too...

Eclipso

No it does not, stupid children and lazy parenting does.

Schecter
http://sjl-static15.sjl.youtube.com/vi/P1nFQ0yZokY/2.jpg

hey, thanks for the add. do you like popsicles? mmmMMMMmmm

Grand_Moff_Gav
I never said I blamed myspace, you can get off the highhorse now.

I never said you did, I said I hoped you had come round to my point.

That's far more likely to happen, too...

It is a sad dangerous world we live in, and the secret to making it safer is taking responsibility for out kids...not blaming someone else.

Soleran

lol

Soleran
No it does not, stupid children and lazy parenting does.

yeah, thanks for playing.

Grand_Moff_Gav
yeah, thanks for playing.

What was that about? stick out tongue

Lord Paradise
I have a friend who puts a lot of information on Myspace... Claims he's looking for "serious relationships" even though he's fifteen and therefore I'm not even sure he's supposed to be on Myspace... And his profile is public access. Freaks me right out. Plus, it's stupid.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Key word...stupid. Wonder what the parents think?

Lana

Oh god laughing out loud

Lord Paradise
I'm not sure his parents know it exist. My friend sort of rebels against his parents.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Ah, he's one of them is he.

Scythe
Why blame myspace at all? There are disclaimers throughout the whole site. Thats like blaming a car company just because you got hit by their brand of car. People need to be responsible for their actions.

Part of the driving force behind my opinion was partly because i despise Myspace. And also the fact that we live in a society where stupidity ensalves us. I mean obese people are sueing McDonald's for their tainted fat, and even worse, these people are earning money for being victims of a travesty they are to blamed, so I think that even if it seems retarded, Myspace can still be blamed.

may as well blame the internet...if we're going to blame a company server we may as well blame them all.

Like I said, human stupidity will surely find a way to blame the entire interweb...

JacopeX
To all the people who thought seeing people on-line in real life

I hate to tell you all I told you so about meeting people on-line is safe but.... YEAAA, IN YO FACE F*CKIN' B*TCH! big grin

Lana
I love when people say things without reading a damn thing said in the thread.

Eclipso

Like I said, human stupidity will surely find a way to blame the entire interweb...

THey already have my friend. At least in their minds they have. Myspace is the only blameless party in this mess.

The_Mayor
If everybody keeps complaining about Myspace and getting rapped and all that sh!t, why don't they just close MySpace or people don't use it.

Eclipso
They shouldn't close myspace since they did nothing wrong.

Röland
Originally posted by JacopeX
To all the people who thought seeing people on-line in real life

I hate to tell you all I told you so about meeting people on-line is safe but.... YEAAA, IN YO FACE F*CKIN' B*TCH! big grin

You do know there's a difference between two older, cautious people meeting in real life and predators tricking young teenagers into meeting in real life?

Eclipso
The point is no internet website should be held responsible for lax parenting that ends up getting a child into danger.

Scythe
If a fast food joint can be blamed and sued for causing obesity then Myspace can be taken down a peg or two. I just despise it.

Eclipso
Yeah I can understand hating the site itself but they have no fault in this at all.

Grand_Moff_Gav
When AC stops posting you know there is no more water in the well.

Scythe
Yeah I can understand hating the site itself but they have no fault in this at all.

It stinks...

Lana
If a fast food joint can be blamed and sued for causing obesity then Myspace can be taken down a peg or two. I just despise it.

You'd have a point if the lawsuit against McDonalds that was filed because it "made someone fat" wasn't tossed out because it was solely the fault of the person who decided to eat McD's every single day.

Les yeux clos
Well if she was silly enough to go to the man's house. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grand_Moff_Gav
Blaming a service because its users abuse is wrong and little more than another attempt to shred ourselves of responsibility for our own actions. As I have said, the real world is just as dangerous and in it is far more likely for a child to get kidnapped in the park than on the Internet.

Scythe
You'd have a point if the lawsuit against McDonalds that was filed because it "made someone fat" wasn't tossed out because it was solely the fault of the person who decided to eat McD's every single day.

That lawsuit didn't go all the way through?

Lana
That lawsuit didn't go all the way through?

Nope. It didn't go anywhere at all. It was thrown out immediately.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Thank God...someone in the world still has common sense.

JacopeX
Yes, and here comes people talking about taking down Myspace, not because for the raped teens, its because they just hate the site. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scythe
Originally posted by JacopeX
Yes, and here comes people talking about taking down Myspace, not because for the raped teens, its because they just hate the site. roll eyes (sarcastic)

F*ck yeah! Everyone gets to bi*ch and moan about everything, I'm calling this my turn.

Eclipso

w00t good!!!! The courts come though for once!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>