Spider-man 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

headrek1
Anyone think it can out-class the last two movies? For me the second one was the best, it combined the right mix of action and story elements, that the first one didn't do as well. I'm sure this is somewhere on this site (but I can't find it), but does anyone think venom will be in this movie? It seems like that would be commiting suicide for the franchise if they did, because who would be the villan in four (maybe the clone saga would start)? For the benefit of those who aren't fanboys, I'll tell you that the symbiote is the black suit peter wears in the film, but venom is when (after peter rejects the suit) the symbiote attaches itself to Eddie Brock and bonds physically and emotionally with him because of their mutual hatred of webs. The reason I'm asking, is that i've seen him in previews for the game, which will probably mirror the movie pretty closely.

InnerRise
Well considering Venom has been shown in trailers, yeah he is in this movie.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

exanda kane
I don't think Venom will make much of a difference to the general movie going audience.

InnerRise
Ummmmm actually he will....no expression

Do you know how many people want Venom in this movie. The fact that he is in this movie is driving fans wild.

Burnt Pancakes
Originally posted by exanda kane
I don't think Venom will make much of a difference to the general movie going audience.

laughing eek! laughing

doomsday49
Originally posted by exanda kane

STFU, dingle-berry!!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by InnerRise
Ummmmm actually he will....no expression

Do you know how many people want Venom in this movie. The fact that he is in this movie is driving fans wild.

to be fair though, he did say General movie going audience. By that respect he is probably right. I think Venom will have little to do in the casual spiderman fans decesion to going to the cinema to see this movie.

Now comic fans like myself already knew that we were going to see this movie on opening day when the news of venom appearing was first verified.

Burnt Pancakes
You'd be surprised. Im the only one in my froup of friends who's ever even read a MArvel comic, yet all seven fo them are goign specificly to see venom.

Venom is almost as famous and well known as Spidey is.

InnerRise
Yeah. People may not have red the comic, but a lot watched the Spidey Man TV Series such as myself.

ragesRemorse
I still dont think it would be a deciding factor for general movie goers any more than the fact that it is another spiderman film. I think just as many people will go to see the movie in the beginning as there would be had venom not been apart of the movie. IF Venom ends up being something as innovative for cinema as the T-1000 was then i could see word of mouth inspiring people who decided to skip the movie to go see it. I highly doubt Venom will be anything special though. Atleast not more special than actually seeing him appear on film in the first place

InnerRise
Well you're going into it way too deep.

All I'm saying is there are people out there who are excited about Venom being in the movie.

I'm not commenting on how good the movie will do or how many more or less people will go because of Venom.

People wanted Venom in this movie and now he's in it and they're happy about it.

All I'm saying.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well you're going into it way too deep.

All I'm saying is there are people out there who are excited about Venom being in the movie.

I'm not commenting on how good the movie will do or how many more or less people will go because of Venom.

People wanted Venom in this movie and now he's in it and they're happy about it.

All I'm saying.

To me, its another spiderman movie and that is what will be the main draw of the film. the villians will be nothing but an after thought except to the spidey fans whom grew up with the comics and multimedia aspects.

Just like harry potter movies. Many people who go to see the harry potter movies dont give a damn what secondary characters are in or are not in the movies. It's another harry potter film thats all that needs to be known for them. Fans of the market which inspired the films may be more excited for the movie by hearing a certain chracter is making an appearance thought, but that fact would hold little bearing on the main consmer.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
To me, its another spiderman movie and that is what will be the main draw of the film. the villians will be nothing but an after thought except to the spidey fans whom grew up with the comics and multimedia aspects.

Just like harry potter movies. Many people who go to see the harry potter movies dont give a damn what secondary characters are in or are not in the movies. It's another harry potter film thats all that needs to be known for them. Fans of the market which inspired the films may be more excited for the movie by hearing a certain chracter is making an appearance thought, but that fact would hold little bearing on the main consmer. Even though you quoted my message.........I don't think you read not one single word. erm

ragesRemorse
just trying to keep continuity for discussion sake.

Strangelove
There hasn't already been a thread for this? I'm astonished shock

spencerspider
i think venom is drawing more people, but not like tons more... but i do think this will be the best spiderman movie of the 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.