Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tiberius
"Star Wars is probably the most influential film of my generation. It's the personification of good and evil and the way it opened up the world to space adventure, the way westerns had to our parents' generations, left an indelible imprint. So, in a way, everything that any of us does is somehow directly or indirectly affected by the experience of seeing those first three films."

J. J. Abrams

Given this quote and the fact it's a reboot of the original series as a movie which he has said was his favourite show as a child.
What can we expect?
A labour of love and something truly special?

ragesRemorse
i'll give matt damon a shot. This new installment cant be anyworse than the last three movies. The franchise needs something new. As much as i loved the next gen crew, their appearances became so redundant and tired that even the cast members themselves diddnt bother to keep inshape to fit into the skin tight uniforms. Everyone looked a little chubby and tired in the last flick

LORDSIDIOUS01
The franchise does need something new. However, To bring back iconic characters and have others play them, may not sit well with trekkies.

office jesus
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
The franchise does need something new. However, To bring back iconic characters and have others play them, may not sit well with trekkies.

It would make nerds riot in the streets. You've never seen a rabid Trek nerd, have you?

And yes, I do agree that this series needs a Batman Begins-esque reboot. After Enterprise...eh. It needs something new.

ragesRemorse

the only people who care about what trekkies think are trekkies.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by office jesus
It would make nerds riot in the streets. You've never seen a rabid Trek nerd, have you?

And yes, I do agree that this series needs a Batman Begins-esque reboot. After Enterprise...eh. It needs something new.

I love Star Trek a whole lot. I'm a trekkie. I hope Matt Damon can do James T. Kirk justice.

office jesus
I love Star Trek a whole lot. I'm a trekkie. I hope Matt Damon can do James T. Kirk justice.

I hope they reconsider their casting choice and go with an unknown.

intelegent purp
no way Matt Damon is playing captain kirk ? how and when did this happen ? who is Spock ? I cant believe it, you cant replace those characters, their just too iconic, is it going to be a piss take, you know like Jim carry in ace Ventura pet detective, walking around like kirk in that giant fish tank, doing sound effects for the communicator.
oh I can see it know, it will be funnier than the original, now I'm all excited and stuff cant wait to see who plays Scotty either.
mint.

Count Makashi
They should go in completely other direction and present a new ship and a crew in a different time era, like 29 century, or something.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Count Makashi
They should go in completely other direction and present a new ship and a crew in a different time era, like 29 century, or something.

how is that a new idea? Isnt that what every star trek show did...introduce a new crew and ship? especially the next generation

ADarksideJedi
I am abit confuse you say star trek then you say star wars!Which are we talking about?jm

Count Makashi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
how is that a new idea? Isnt that what every star trek show did...introduce a new crew and ship? especially the next generation

Yea thats true, how about time travel. I mean, that in every episode they have to travel trough time, they have organization, which keeps time line secure.

ragesRemorse
Yea thats true, how about time travel. I mean, that in every episode they have to travel trough time, they have organization, which keeps time line secure.

Not a bad idea but that is different than the star trek formula. However, i think the last show proves that the formula doesnt always work, id write to the star trek people if i were yousmile

ADarksideJedi
Star wars is stil better!jm

pr1983
Originally posted by Tiberius
"Star Wars is probably the most influential film of my generation. It's the personification of good and evil and the way it opened up the world to space adventure, the way westerns had to our parents' generations, left an indelible imprint. So, in a way, everything that any of us does is somehow directly or indirectly affected by the experience of seeing those first three films."

J. J. Abrams

Given this quote and the fact it's a reboot of the original series as a movie which he has said was his favourite show as a child.
What can we expect?
A labour of love and something truly special?

i honestly don't know... i'm hoping for the best... star trek could do with a bit of life since enterprise finished...

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
the only people who care about what trekkies think are trekkies.

mad

true though...

is matt damn really gonna be kirk? weird...

Versyn Gaul
They should just have the old characters using Computer imaging so it looks like the old series , new episodes .They have enough footage to place the characters in in any scenario. Im a "trekkie" there is no replacing William Shatner as Capt James T. Kirk ,but if i had to vote it would be the Capt. from Serenity

Jaeh_JediPirate
Originally posted by office jesus

laughing

JesusTheChrist
We need Frank back being a director for the film.

Bicnarok
Star trek has run out of ideas, the aliens are distinguished by some plasticine blob somewhere on their head. No real aliens anymore

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I hope Star Trek is able to be a good film. Hopefully nothing will be messed up.

exanda kane
Ehm, I've never really enjoyed Star Trek at all, but I hope this project goes well.

pr1983
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Star trek has run out of ideas, the aliens are distinguished by some plasticine blob somewhere on their head. No real aliens anymore

huh

as the series' went on, the aliens became more and more diverse...

and the ones that are still 'two eyes, two arms and two legs', well, that was explained years ago...

as for lack of ideas? umm, no... they still publish new books regularly, and there are plenty of new aliens in those...

not to mention what enterprise did, creating new and revamping older alien species...

i don't know if replacing shatner as kirk is a good idea, i really don't... but i know i definitely don't like the idea that abrams is intent on making his own version of star trek... a re-imagining could be really bad...

Count Makashi
I just cant see, anyone playing Kirk, except Shatner, he made the role completely his, they should present a new crew.

darthmaul1
matt damon is playing Kirk
ben affleck is playing spock
and Kevin smith is playing scotty. laughing

Count Makashi
NO, Kevin Smith is the director. stick out tongue

exanda kane
Matt Damon could do a good job. Adrien Brody was rumoured to be playing Spock, which would be quite nice. A decent actor.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by exanda kane
Matt Damon could do a good job. Adrien Brody was rumoured to be playing Spock, which would be quite nice. A decent actor.

Are you serious?? he's a little wierd i think, and annoying.

exanda kane
What bit? Damon or Brody?

Well...if you want to call Leonard Nemoy and Shatner "actors"...

pr1983
What bit? Damon or Brody?

Well...if you want to call Leonard Nemoy and Shatner "actors"...

what's wrong with em? shatner was eccentric, but he did his job, and there have never been any problems with nimoy's spock as far as i've heard...

exanda kane
No, of course they do well for what their roles are, but "great actors"? Not at all. darthmaul1 suggested either Matt Damon or Adrien Brody was annoying, but compared to Nimoy and Shatner? Pfft

darthmaul1
I meant Adrien Brody was annoying.
sorry about that.

pr1983
No, of course they do well for what their roles are, but "great actors"? Not at all. darthmaul1 suggested either Matt Damon or Adrien Brody was annoying, but compared to Nimoy and Shatner? Pfft

but thats it isnt it? they're good at what was required of them, thats all that can be asked...

the thing, imo, is that for so long these characters have been associated with shatner and nimoy, i think its going to be hard for any other actors to come in and make those roles their own...

exanda kane
The only people that could really make these character come alive again are going to have to be decent actors; not your run of the mill TV actor, not your ego-frenzied A lister. Damon and Adrian Brody could pull it off, in the same way Bale pulled off Bruce Wayne.

Count Makashi
Bale is a terrible actor, i just cant stand this guy.

exanda kane
You might not stand him, but he is probably the finest young method actor around and, as of now, his generation/

Count Makashi
Yea, his method is sucking. The guy is terrible.

exanda kane
I will never trust your opinion again.

Christian Bale = Greatest method actor of his generation (of what we have seen of that generation).

Really, what films have you seen of his?

Batman Begins? (Voted Best Batman in most of the KMC polls) American Psycho? (Can't have if you think he's crap)
The Machinist? (Ya definitely have not seen that)
The Prestige? Shaft?

Empire of the Sun?? (he was like 13 for crying out loud!)

Really. You just have it all wrong.

nimbus006
I will never trust your opinion again.

Christian Bale = Greatest method actor of his generation (of what we have seen of that generation).

Really, what films have you seen of his?

Batman Begins? (Voted Best Batman in most of the KMC polls) American Psycho? (Can't have if you think he's crap)
The Machinist? (Ya definitely have not seen that)
The Prestige? Shaft?

Empire of the Sun?? (he was like 13 for crying out loud!)

Really. You just have it all wrong.

Reign of Fire sick ...

big grin j/k i love Bale

exanda kane
There's some stinkers too! Shaft, for example, I don't consider a decent film, but Bale was bloody manic in it.

nimbus006
Yea Shaft was pretty bad. I agree you cant always have a perfect script, but his performaces are usually above par.

Count Makashi
Like i said once to you, it is all subjective, just because i don't like Bale, it doesn't mean, the end of the world.

exanda kane
You might not like him, but a terrible, bad or even mediocre actor he is not.

pr1983
The only people that could really make these character come alive again are going to have to be decent actors; not your run of the mill TV actor, not your ego-frenzied A lister. Damon and Adrian Brody could pull it off, in the same way Bale pulled off Bruce Wayne.

side note re: shatner... denny. crane. awesomeness.

true there are going to have to be some awesome performances by whoever is cast, i agree...

bale the best of his generation? he is very good, but would downey junior be in the same generation?

exanda kane
Depends how long you want "generation to be".

Downey Jr. is 10 years or so older than Bale, who around 30 years old. I'm not even sure if Downey Jr. is a method actor or not.

pr1983
Depends how long you want "generation to be".

Downey Jr. is 10 years or so older than Bale, who around 30 years old. I'm not even sure if Downey Jr. is a method actor or not.

i wouldnt say he is in the strictest sense of the word, especially in comparison to bale, but imo he's a damn fine actor...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by pr1983
i wouldnt say he is in the strictest sense of the word, especially in comparison to bale, but imo he's a damn fine actor...

Love Christian Bale. He is a fine actor. Other than Batman Begins, American Psycho was one helluva film.

pr1983
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Love Christian Bale. He is a fine actor. Other than Batman Begins, American Psycho was one helluva film.

true...

just read this:

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/2303393.html

they have a new spock, but apparently nimoy will appear as spock too, maybe that means shatner will play kirk in some way too...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
true...

just read this:

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/2303393.html

they have a new spock, but apparently nimoy will appear as spock too, maybe that means shatner will play kirk in some way too...

Thanks for the link. I hope Zach Quinto will make a good Spock. It is going to be great to see Nimoy and hopefully Shatner as their iconic characters once more.

pr1983
Thanks for the link. I hope Zach Quinto will make a good Spock. It is going to be great to see Nimoy and hopefully Shatner as their iconic characters once more.

yeah, and shatner seems to have made his peace with trek, so hoepfully he'll be up for it...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
yeah, and shatner seems to have made his peace with trek, so hoepfully he'll be up for it...

I also hope that Star Trek will have a good strong story to spawn at least one sequel.

pr1983
I also hope that Star Trek will have a good strong story to spawn at least one sequel.

oh definately... anything to give the franchise the kick it needs...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
oh definately... anything to give the franchise the kick it needs...

Which Star Trek tv show is your fave?

pr1983
Which Star Trek tv show is your fave?

DS9, you?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
DS9, you?

DS9 was good, but TNG was the bomb. Absolute fave tv show when it comes to Star Trek

pr1983
DS9 was good, but TNG was the bomb. Absolute fave tv show when it comes to Star Trek

TNG is pretty good, i only recently got season 5 on dvd, its awesome...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
TNG is pretty good, i only recently got season 5 on dvd, its awesome...

I have all 7 seven seasons on dvd. What do you think of Voyager?

pr1983
I have all 7 seven seasons on dvd. What do you think of Voyager?

hate it with a passion...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
hate it with a passion...

Even Jeri Ryan couldn't save one of Star Trek's worst franchises. Could anything have saved Enterprise?

pr1983
Even Jeri Ryan couldn't save one of Star Trek's worst franchises. Could anything have saved Enterprise?

i actually liked enterprise, though more for the fact that it had scott bakula and that it was star trek more than anything else...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
i actually liked enterprise, though more for the fact that it had scott bakula and that it was star trek more than anything else...

Scott Bakula was good. Some of the effects on Enterprise were good. The stories were all right. I felt that there should have a storyline linking T'pol to Sarek.

pr1983
Scott Bakula was good. Some of the effects on Enterprise were good. The stories were all right. I felt that there should have a storyline linking T'pol to Sarek.

really? as in, romantically?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
really? as in, romantically?

Oh no, not romantically. When Enterprise was on the air, I read a rumor saying that T'Pol was either going to give birth to either Sarek or Spock. Obviously that never happened, but it would have been great to link Enterprise with Kirk's Enterprise by watching Trip and T'Pol constantly get together and then eventually becoming parents to Sarek.

pr1983
Oh no, not romantically. When Enterprise was on the air, I read a rumor saying that T'Pol was either going to give birth to either Sarek or Spock. Obviously that never happened, but it would have been great to link Enterprise with Kirk's Enterprise by watching Trip and T'Pol constantly get together and then eventually becoming parents to Sarek.

trip and t'pol having sarek... holy crap... messed

DARKLORDCAEDUS
trip and t'pol having sarek... holy crap... messed

It would have been to quote Spock "Fascinating" to tell the story of how Sarek was born. Especially if Rick Berman had stayed with Trip and T'Pol being a couple.

pr1983
It would have been to quote Spock "Fascinating" to tell the story of how Sarek was born. Especially if Rick Berman had stayed with Trip and T'Pol being a couple.

yeah, but they killed him... sad

DARKLORDCAEDUS
yeah, but they killed him... sad

That was one of Enterprises many mistakes.

pr1983
That was one of Enterprises many mistakes.

yup... i still prefer it to voyager though...

X-FAN
I will not be backing this whole reimaging crap! I can get on board with a new series or movie with all new charcters and voyages, but I cannot buy into different people portraying iconic characters of wich I've already been a part of for 30 years! The biggest reason is if this movie hits paydirt and is a success then they plan to launch a new series based on this movie, personally I don't want a new series of Star Trek based in the late 2100's of wich I've already watched! I want a totally new series or movies with unkown new characters set about 5 to 10 years post Nemesis that way it can still tie in with some older chracters from time to time.

Ushgarak

It can hardly have been bloody Spock, could it? We know whi his parents are.

Look, that was just a vague rumour based on the fact that she was originally going to be called T'Pau before they changed it to avoid confusion.

But Spock was entirely half and half. He didn't have a half-Human father.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
yup... i still prefer it to voyager though...

I also do.

Look, that was just a vague rumour based on the fact that she was originally going to be called T'Pau before they changed it to avoid confusion.

Who are your fave Star Trek characters?

pr1983
Originally posted by X-FAN
I will not be backing this whole reimaging crap! I can get on board with a new series or movie with all new charcters and voyages, but I cannot buy into different people portraying iconic characters of wich I've already been a part of for 30 years! The biggest reason is if this movie hits paydirt and is a success then they plan to launch a new series based on this movie, personally I don't want a new series of Star Trek based in the late 2100's of wich I've already watched! I want a totally new series or movies with unkown new characters set about 5 to 10 years post Nemesis that way it can still tie in with some older chracters from time to time.

i agree...

Originally posted by Ushgarak

and yet alot of people still think spock is 100% vulcan... messed

DARKLORDCAEDUS
There is a rumor saying that Tom Cruise will make a cameo appearance.

pr1983
There is a rumor saying that Tom Cruise will make a cameo appearance.

as what?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
as what?

As a favor to J.J. Abrams, Cruise is rumored to make a cameo appearance as Captain Christopher Pike.

pr1983
As a favor to J.J. Abrams, Cruise is rumored to make a cameo appearance as Captain Christopher Pike.

sick

DARKLORDCAEDUS
sick

I was a little sad myself when I read it online. I likie Cruise in some movies, but as someone who will share scenes with Spock, I'm not sure how those scenes will look.

pr1983
I was a little sad myself when I read it online. I likie Cruise in some movies, but as someone who will share scenes with Spock, I'm not sure how those scenes will look.

crap... tom cruise shouldnt be allowed near a star trek movie... scientology loving munchkins need not apply!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
crap... tom cruise shouldnt be allowed near a star trek movie... scientology loving munchkins need not apply!

I agree. Also I'm hearing that Anton Yelchin is in talks to play Chechov.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Rumors are swirling around town that of all people Russell Crowe may play a klingon.

pr1983
I agree. Also I'm hearing that Anton Yelchin is in talks to play Chechov.

ah...

Rumors are swirling around town that of all people Russell Crowe may play a klingon.

well at least he's got the fighting part sorted...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
ah...

well at least he's got the fighting part sorted...

Yes he does.

pr1983
Yes he does.

any other rumours?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
any other rumours?

Not right now. I'll check various internet sites tonight, tomorrow and net week. I'm sure I'll find another rumor. Nice sig by the way.

pr1983
Not right now. I'll check various internet sites tonight, tomorrow and net week. I'm sure I'll find another rumor. Nice sig by the way.

thx dude, you too...

Zebedee
There's some stinkers too! Shaft, for example, I don't consider a decent film, but Bale was bloody manic in it.

Their's also American Psycho that makes up for everything because it is so brilliantly satirical.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
It appears that Tom Cruise will make a cameo appearance.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12712.html

pr1983
It appears that Tom Cruise will make a cameo appearance.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12712.html

cry

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Leonard Nimoy will start filming in the next two months.

pr1983
Leonard Nimoy will start filming in the next two months.

bout time they got started...

BinaryCleric
I'm suprised how Star Trek is still popular. I thought it died years ago..anyways, I'm in no hurry to watch this movie unless the reviews are really good and this movie comes out to be a great movie.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by BinaryCleric
I'm suprised how Star Trek is still popular. I thought it died years ago..anyways, I'm in no hurry to watch this movie unless the reviews are really good and this movie comes out to be a great movie.

Star Trek is just like Star Wars in the respect being It will always be popular no matter what. Scottish actor James McAvoy has big shoes to fill. He will be playing Scotty.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/813/813759p1.html

pr1983
Star Trek is just like Star Wars in the respect being It will always be popular no matter what. Scottish actor James McAvoy has big shoes to fill. He will be playing Scotty.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/813/813759p1.html

i read that... the guy was great in last king of scotland... though it seems that abrams is just redoing the original series as a movie... i thought it was just going to be kirk and spock...

though shatner's playing kirk... teh awesome...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
i read that... the guy was great in last king of scotland... though it seems that abrams is just redoing the original series as a movie... i thought it was just going to be kirk and spock...

though shatner's playing kirk... teh awesome...

It's supposed to be about the early days of Starfleet and how Kirk and Spock first met. But I guess with Abrams also hiring folks to play Scotty, Checkov, etc then I guess that he's trying to tell a real big story.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Zach Quinto talking about Heroes and Spock. Good interview.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=36605

Zebedee
Zach Quinto talking about Heroes and Spock. Good interview.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=36605

Yup it's scoops like that that highlight the difference between quality boards and those that recycle information from other sites.

pr1983
It's supposed to be about the early days of Starfleet and how Kirk and Spock first met. But I guess with Abrams also hiring folks to play Scotty, Checkov, etc then I guess that he's trying to tell a real big story.

yeah, he'd better not ruin it... mad

Originally posted by Zebedee
Yup it's scoops like that that highlight the difference between quality boards and those that recycle information from other sites.

huh

Kahless

ok, so i am one of those diehard trekkies, and i have to say i think going back to TOS (the orginal series) characters is a bad idea

there are just so many ways that something could go wrong and once that happens, well lets just say us trekkie types wont sit quitely and let those characters be slaugtered.

however, i also think that if it is done right, then the movie has a lot of potential and could be one of the best so far

altho i doubt it could stand up to STII: the wrath of khan, or ST: first contact.

i have to say, im pleased with the casting choice for spock.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Kahless
ok, so i am one of those diehard trekkies, and i have to say i think going back to TOS (the orginal series) characters is a bad idea

there are just so many ways that something could go wrong and once that happens, well lets just say us trekkie types wont sit quitely and let those characters be slaugtered.

however, i also think that if it is done right, then the movie has a lot of potential and could be one of the best so far

altho i doubt it could stand up to STII: the wrath of khan, or ST: first contact.

i have to say, im pleased with the casting choice for spock.

I agree with what you're saying. Found this on Uhura.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/816/816917p1.html

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The possible plot...

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070831_star_trek_plot_revealed.html

pr1983
I agree with what you're saying. Found this on Uhura.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/816/816917p1.html

ah...

The possible plot...

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070831_star_trek_plot_revealed.html

so its going to be a canon movie without messing with trek... sounds alright...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
ah...

so its going to be a canon movie without messing with trek... sounds alright...

As long as everything is good.

LORD ALEXANDER
i hope it turns out well trek needs some fresh faces

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Zoe Saldana has been finally confirmed to play Uhura.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=44192

Scarecrow756
Simon Pegg is set to play Scotty it looks like.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=38287

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Simon Pegg is set to play Scotty it looks like.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=38287

Thats true. Also John Cho is Sulu.

captblack
heres a pic of the new enterprise

WrathfulDwarf
I got to see the trailer during the Cloverfield previews.

Man! This is going to be sweet movie! Jumpy

pr1983
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I got to see the trailer during the Cloverfield previews.

Man! This is going to be sweet movie! Jumpy

cry

i want to see it...

pr1983
I just saw the trailer... i literally got chills when they revealed the front of the saucer accompanied by nimoy's 'final frontier' line...

SnakeEyes
I felt the same way ^

WrathfulDwarf
cry

i want to see it...

Which one Cloverfield or Star Trek? stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I felt the same way ^

yeah, star trek's comin back... woot

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Which one Cloverfield or Star Trek? stick out tongue

laughing

no expression

star trek. obviously.

erikko
ive wrote an article about Chris Pine, the guy who will portray Capt. Kirk in this Star Trek Movie check out my hot men signature below

jaden101
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

ragesRemorse
I hope theres Tribbles

erikko
well lets just keep our fingers cross that it might turn out to be a good movie

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by erikko
well lets just keep our fingers cross that it might turn out to be a good movie

As a lifelong trekkie I long forward to seeing this and most definitely seeing this...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/PIX/ENTERPRISE.jpg

Rajendra
I am so excited to see this,my friends did watch this already but I'm afraid to know the details from them, so I just wanted to see all by myself.

Robtard
If no one said this already... "set phasers to suck ass", that should be the caption under the name.

How do you go from a cast of Damon, Senise and Brody, to these chumps?

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard
If no one said this already... "set phasers to suck ass", that should be the caption under the name.

How do you go from a cast of Damon, Senise and Brody, to these chumps?

Because they've cast a bunch of guys that would look good dressed as these characters for a Halloween party.

I still don't know why this has to be done, at all.

JediSamuraiMRB
I can't wait to Star Trek. It looks really good. Casting no names will help since around $160 million is being spent on special effects. I also look forward to seeing how well the story is since I know part of it. As Worf is told sometimes...Qapla.

pr1983
so when do we get this, christmas?

Ushgarak
I am led to believe they are going to shunt it into next year for a summer audience.

JediSamuraiMRB
I am led to believe they are going to shunt it into next year for a summer audience.

I would agree with you Ush. I think having this out in May '09 should make for a much better movie with great effects and fingers crossed good acting and story.

pr1983

Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I would agree with you Ush. I think having this out in May '09 should make for a much better movie with great effects and fingers crossed good acting and story.

i'd agree with that, sounds like a good idea...

Raoul
any new updates?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Raoul
any new updates?

Haven't heard anything. I'm sure Paramount or J.J. will have something soon./

Raoul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Haven't heard anything. I'm sure Paramount or J.J. will have something soon./

i saw some set photos, and a sneak at the costumes, i got em here:

http://bc-central.com/forums/index.php?topic=3096.0

BruceSkywalker
i saw some set photos, and a sneak at the costumes, i got em here:

http://bc-central.com/forums/index.php?topic=3096.0

Cool I'll check them out a little later.

Raoul
I'm currently trying to drum up support for a star trek forum here on kmc... if anyone wants to see one, let me know here or in pm please...

BruceSkywalker
I'm currently trying to drum up support for a star trek forum here on kmc... if anyone wants to see one, let me know here or in pm please...

That will be glorious when it happens

Raoul
Alright, heres the support thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=482586

please vote AND give a reason as to why you want it (or don't), just so we can weed out any spoil sports...

starlock
Yes i think its a good idea for a Star Trek forum...i have voted and gave my reasons......

About the movie....
I dont think doing this kind of movie is a good idea....that said i will be open minded and give it a chance..

To me Enterprise(w/Bakula) was a grand failure that promted a move like this....we can all have favorite shows and get into the whys and why nots, but Enterprise was a failure...in many ways.....Dont like voyager? it had 7 seasons(8 maybe) DS9...6 or so.......NG10? now the original was a classic that even with its short life...will never be again..we are in different times...say what you want they were successes....this movie is the hope that Star Trek can be what it once was.....i hope its a good movie and it does well, but i am not fooling myself....this could be a very bad move....but like all things chances have to be made

Ushgarak
Just to note, except for Enterprise all the modern series had seven seasons.

I am sure no-one here was planning to, but just to note- bringing a hostile attitude into the support thread- as some have done to a ridiculous extent- is not only unwelcome and likely to land you in trouble, but also is only going to count against the chances of one.

I personally think it is not yet time.

starlyte

I agree completly with a new direction. Old stuff hashed & looking like new hangs on the shelf a bit.
Hope the creators look in on this cool

Ushgarak
45 years? Bit of time travel involved there?

Raoul
i read in the latest star trek magazine about the movie, and it seems like it might just be what star trek needs so that it can bring out a new series... with jj abrams on board, it will draw new fans, and that can only help imo...

as long as they dont mess with the universe too much, ill be happy...

BruceSkywalker
i read in the latest star trek magazine about the movie, and it seems like it might just be what star trek needs so that it can bring out a new series... with jj abrams on board, it will draw new fans, and that can only help imo...

as long as they dont mess with the universe too much, ill be happy...

Agreed.. I am so hoping that J.J. can bring about a brand new series of films followed by a new tv series.

=Tired Hiker=
I am looking very forward to this movie. I think J.J. Abrams will do a fine job. I was checking this movie out on IMDb and I noticed that Spock is listed twice in the credits; once played by Zachary Quinto and once played by Leonard Nimoy . . . this should be interesting.

Neo Darkhalen
Can't wait for this film, really i can't, Zach will play young spock and Leonard will play old spock, Simon pegg will play Scottie...and that's all i can remember.

BruceSkywalker
I look forward to seeing J.J.'s movie. From what I have read and seen this looks like in will be a winner. I'm not sold on some of the plot points but I look forward to seeing it and watching Zach Quinto and Leonard nimoy share scenes.

Neo here is the complete cast..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

Impediment
Simon Pegg is Scotty? Cool. I also recently that John Cho (Harold of "Harold & Kumar) will be Sulu, and that Zachary Quinto (Sylar from "Heroes"wink will be Spock. I'm actually excited to see this.

Will any of the original actors make cameos?

Shadow Spider
I think the new actors will turn out good, hopefully... As far as I know George Takei would be the only one making a cameo.

Badabing
I have high hopes for the movie.

Impediment
Originally posted by Shadow Spider
I think the new actors will turn out good, hopefully... As far as I know George Takei would be the only one making a cameo.

I heard, through the grapevine, that Leonard Nimoy and Nichelle Nichols will make cameos.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
I heard, through the grapevine, that Leonard Nimoy and Nichelle Nichols will make cameos.

Matt, Nimoy filmed some scenes with Zach Quinto. I've read some rumors that George Takei may film a scene and I've also read that William Shatner may film a scene also.

Impediment
F*cking sweet!

Neo Darkhalen
Simon Pegg is Scotty? Cool. I also recently that John Cho (Harold of "Harold & Kumar) will be Sulu, and that Zachary Quinto (Sylar from "Heroes"wink will be Spock. I'm actually excited to see this.

Nemoy will, Shatner was going to but don't forget he was killed off so it was decided to leave him out.

Syren

I like John Cho, good choice yes

Wish it'd been Star Trek: The Next Generation though. Picard and Data w00t

starlock
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Nemoy will, Shatner was going to but don't forget he was killed off so it was decided to leave him out.

Technically, kirk should still be inside the energy ribbon wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>