ANH Luke vs. ANH Han Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
1.Fight with blasters, and Luke can use his lightsaber is he chooses to, Luke starts by where the Falcon's boarding Ramp is when it is parked in the Death Star, Han Solo is in the hallway where Vader and Kenobi fought.

2. Dogfight, in X-Wings, this is prior to Luke flying in the attack against the Death Star so neither is familiar with the X-Wing. They start on opposite sides of the surface of the Death Star.

Who wins?

Darth Subjekt
1. Han
2. Luke

playa1258
solo takes him him in both more experience.

Darth Subjekt
but Luke used to bullseye wamprat back home in his T-16. He was the only pilot of the last bunch not to be killed by Vader (due in small part to Han at the VERY end), and has "too much of his father in him." But in ground combat, Han pwns him.

Count Makashi
1. Han defiantly takes the 1, he has allot more experience of fighting, Luke has a lightsaber, but by the time of ANH, he isn't trained to deflect blaster bolts by good marksmen. And Luke is very unexperienced and naive and also reckless, while Solo is a season veteran.

2. Luke takes this, he also wasn't familiar with X-Wings in the movies and he did a very good job, he is very untrained in the Force, but as shown in the movie, he has some sense to predict danger. And he is a natural pilot, like his father.

darthsith19
The first one I say goes to Han, he says that Luke is "pretty good in a fight" but Han is one of the best, he has far more experience and is a much faster draw and a better shot. Luke has a chance if he uses his saber but he isn't very proficient with it yet - he struggled to block blaster bolts from a Remote Droid, Han will be more precise, and will fire faster. So Han wins #1.

#2 is close. Han's a really good pilot but Kenobi calls Luke is "quite a good pilot", Luke was able to thread stone needle on Tatioone, something that nobody else could do (at least amongst the pople that he knew). Biggs says that Luke "is the best bushpilot in the outer rim territories." Luke destroyed the Death Star without using his tagretting computer and he was also able to match Han Solo in the Falcon's Turrets in ANH (both shot down 2 Tie Fighters) and Luke had never used the Falcon's Turrets before (if any Turrets), while Han had. I say Luke takes #2 in a close one, but it could go either way.

MasterAshenVor
then darth maul comes back from the dead and kills them both big grin

Count Makashi
Riiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Luke kills his good buddy.

Count Makashi
What, in Rots Anakin versus Solo you said that Solo would win and now here you say that Luke would win both, ROTS is far greater pilot then ANH Luke, your always standing for the guys you like, even against reason.

vader11
Han, Luke.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Count Makashi
What, in Rots Anakin versus Solo you said that Solo would win and now here you say that Luke would win both, ROTS is far greater pilot then ANH Luke, your always standing for the guys you like, even against reason.

Don't we all stand and fight for the characters we like? Including you? Second, how can a non fighter like Han be able to fight a jedi? Solo should win especially if you are talking about the better fighter pilot. Both are excellent fighter pilots but Han is much more seasoned. If you are talking about the better person using a blaster, thats Han also. Han, if I'm not mistaken only used Luke's Lightsaber once., But that was not in a fight.

Count Makashi
Both, Luke and especially Anakin are better pilots then Han, could han destroy a Death Star, while piloting a X-Wing for the first time, the answer, no.

vader11
Pilot: Anakin>Luke>Han

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Both, Luke and especially Anakin are better pilots then Han, could han destroy a Death Star, while piloting a X-Wing for the first time, the answer, no.

Does Han have to have an X-Wing? Can Luke or Anakin pilot the Millennium Falcon like Han always has?

Count Makashi
Originally posted by vader11
Pilot: Anakin>Luke>Han

Exactly.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Don't think so. If it is an X-Wing, You are right, since to my vast knowledge Han has never flown one. However, Has Luke or Anakin flown the Millennium Falcon?

vader11
To be fair, put them to a fighter which they had never drive before. I think Anakin would beat himstick out tongue

Count Makashi
No, but both, Luke and Anakin, would learn it quickly, in ROTS novelization, Anakin newer flown the Invisible Hand and the equipment on it, with witch you have to fly was completely alien to him, yet he learned it immediately and it is said in ROTS novelization, that he was the only person in the galaxy, which could have landed it safely, i see him mastering the Falcon very quickly, if not immediately.

vader11
Agree. Also don't forget that he has the force...

darthsith19
Most of us try to be reasonable and don't just say our favorite characters would win - do I go around saying Maul, Yoda and Chewbacca (my 3 favorite characters) win every match? ANH Luke is not a Jedi, he's had like one day of training. Han is far from a non-fighter, he is a great fighter, and non-Jedi have been able to take out Jedi before (Greivous, Jango, Boba Fett, Durge ect.). Han is a more seasoned pilot? Maybe, maybe not, don't forget that Luke spent a lot of his time on Tatooine bulls-eying wamp-rats and flying in his skyhopper and already had a great reputation as a pilot. And who the hell cares if Han only used a saber once, that is irrelevant, you do notice that this is Han and Luke from A New Hope, don't you? The first film released, in 1977? Episode 4? Does it ring a bell?

Nope, both have X-Wings, that way it is even because they both have the same starfighters and their both unfamiliar with the stafighters, so it is purely based on skill and not who has the better fighter. And Anakin isn't in this match.

Luke has never flown one prior to the atatck on the first Death Star, either, so it doesn't matter. As of ANH Luke has never flown the Falcon, yet Luke was sitll able to match Han in the Falcon's turrets.

vader11
Luke is better than Han in X-wings...

Count Makashi
He, is a better pilot, period.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Maybe in X-Wings but not overall.

Count Makashi
No, overall he is a better pilot, Han is just better in the Falcon, because he knows it inside out and Han doesn't have the Force, he cant sense danger like Luke did and could Han, destroy the Death Star like Luke, answer this question.

vader11
Yes, Luke has the force.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Can Luke without the force pilot any, repeat mecca? Until tomorrow, "I'll Be Back"

Count Makashi
No, he wouldn't, be as good as a pilot without the Force, but this is irrelevant, because ha does has it and is one of the reasons why he is so good.

vader11
Luke was already a very good pilot before he knew the force...

Darth Subjekt
you dont have to be aware of the force to feel its affects and benefit from it...

darthsith19
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Maybe in X-Wings but not overall.
What's the difference? if he and Han can both get into starfighters that they have NEVER piloted before, and Luke wins, then how is he NOT the better pilot overall?

And remember, even in a starcraft that he knows "inside out" he was only on par with Luke, who had never handeled the Falcon before and had only flown in it once.

Without any Force Traoning he bulls-eyed Wamp Rats in a T-16 Skyhopper and also threaded Stone Needle with one, so yeah, he is a damn good pilot even without the Force.

Darth Subjekt
Yea, but what I was saying is he had the force all along. You don't have to be consciously aware of it to gain from its benefits.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Yea, but what I was saying is he had the force all along. You don't have to be consciously aware of it to gain from its benefits.
I agree, but it wouldn't help him a LOT - though we don't know how good he'd be without it we can still safely assume that without it he'd be a damn good pilot (agreed?).

Darth Subjekt
Yea, I just meant Anakin had no knowledge of the force as a 9 year old, yet it provided him the ability to be the only human to be able to podrace, giving him an ever-present "push" from the force (no pun intended).

jollyjim311
Luke's latent force abilities may win him #1. I mean, Leia used the force to amplify her physical strength in Episode VI while choking Jabba. Maybe his enhanced reflexes allows him to beat Han.

Luke wins #2.

vader11
If this was the beginning of ANH, I think Han wins #1.

pandabear187
HAN WOULD DESTROY A NEW HOPE LUKE IN BOTH.
Han's quick draw and aim were second only to Gallandro (as of Han solo adventures). Han would destroy Luke in a straight pistol fight, and even Luke pulled out the lightsaber it would be impossible for him to deflect a flurry of precise powerful blaster bolts so early in his jedi career. Han wins 1
If your going on evidence from the expanded universe Han by ANH has piloted so many ships and graduated top of his class from the Imperial TIE fighter academy. He's flown the z-95 countless times as well ( x wing predecessor). Its nonsensical to suggest a farmboy with a hint of the force could better him!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.