No One Else has The Answers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goddess Kali
Whether its through religion, philosophy, socializing, etc.

You have to find your own way, walk your own path, endure your own struggles, carry your own cross, and find your own strength.

When you are free from the limits that you imposed on yourself, the limits that others have created for you which you cemented by giving in.....then you are strong.

Once you are strong, you can help other people acheive this strength as well.

What the hell am I talking about ?

Think about it wink

Burnt Pancakes
*claps*

I'm glad you've finally undertstood this.

Grand_Moff_Gav
The funny thing is...I don't think you understand what so ever.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
*claps*

I'm glad you've finally undertstood this.

I do not re call past conversations with you. But it seems you have been aware of my past biases. Thanks.

Burnt Pancakes
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
I do not re call past conversations with you. But it seems you have been aware of my past biases. Thanks.

I read a lot of what you post, i never comment on it thoguh, as it's your own opinion. I have no right to challenge that.

Goddess Kali
I read a lot of what you post, i never comment on it thoguh, as it's your own opinion. I have no right to challenge that.

Awesome

My mentality has changed dramatically in a matter of days...i dunno how or why, but it did. I'm glad. I just hope I can help others who need it.

Strangelove

You have to find your own way, walk your own path, endure your own struggles, carry your own cross, and find your own strength.

When you are free from the limits that you imposed on yourself, the limits that others have created for you which you cemented by giving in.....then you are strong.

Think about it wink The only people who don't already know this to be true are idiots.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Personally I think your message is dangerous to the establishment.

Symmetric Chaos

The already well known concept of existentialsim.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Tangible God
I read a lot of what you post, i never comment on it thoguh, as it's your own opinion. I have no right to challenge that. .....................why not?

Thundar

If you sincerely think he's wrong then there's no reason to be afraid to question what he said, as long as you have the right intention within your heart when trying to reveal the truth to him.

Just make sure you present your case well. In the end if you both value and love the truth - then in the end you will have a better understanding and appreciation of one another's views, despite whether or not each of you were entirely correct about the argument.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Strangelove
The only people who don't already know this to be true are idiots.

Untrue...

Many intelligent people still feel they need to find solace or refuge in another person. They do not know how to completely love and strengthen themselves, because they are entirely surrounded by contradicting ideals, negativity, judgement and suffering.

It takes a lot of experience and struggle to realize this Truth.

King Nothing

Think about it wink Very deep. Bravoclapping

Thundar

Think about it wink

I think everyone know's what you're talking about - but just remember, if we choose to bear the cross entirely ourselves, then we're responsable for any outcome carrying that cross brings us to in the end...wink

chithappens
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Personally I think your message is dangerous to the establishment.

That's suppose to be the beginning to some elaboration. So I ask, "WTF do you mean?"

inimalist
Why is personal truth more valid than imitated truth?

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Thundar
I think everyone know's what you're talking about - but just remember, if we choose to bear the cross entirely ourselves, then we're responsable for any outcome carrying that cross brings us to in the end...wink

I never suggested that we weren't...

And I am not telling people that they shouldn't seek help. What I am saying is that every person sooner or later will find that after trying to find thier answers in every other person, they will eventually figure out that the answer was within themself the entire time.

Learning is very important, and one must seek others to learn. However, the lesson will always be the same in the end....Only you can make yourself happy. Only you can make yourself strong. Only you can empower or defeat yourself. No one else is responsible, only you.

Marxman

Think about it wink What's your point?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you've said here but I have a feeling you haven't thoroughly thought this one out. If we all go around not listening to each other, trying to find our own answers for the questions of the world, we're just gonna end up with lots of different opinions on the matter. And we all know what different opinions lead to. History has shown us most wars are over land or a difference of beliefs. Its already happening. People have thought about questions and came up with answers. "How did we come into existence? God made us." "What makes it night and day? A great god in a flying chariot pulls the curtain of night back and forth everyday." Then they go out and share their discoveries.

I think the thing we need to do is learn to accept each others discoveries. When(if) humanity has accomplished that, we'll all be better off.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Marxman
I think the thing we need to do is learn to accept each others discoveries. When(if) humanity has accomplished that, we'll all be better off.

Learn to listen you say ? Even in this way, learning to listen can be another cross to be carried. Communication can be a very complicated thing.

I think many things we learn from outside are more for practical purposes, some things can only be done by yourself or you will never truly understand it.

Marxman
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Learn to listen you say ? Even in this way, learning to listen can be another cross to be carried. Communication can be a very complicated thing.

I think many things we learn from outside are more for practical purposes, some things can only be done by yourself or you will never truly understand it. For those things that can't be explained, obviously. But what about everything else. We know the stars aren't holes to heaven. But if I looked up and made my own assumption about them, what makes mine more or less valid than the holes theory. But we KNOW they are big balls of gas in space. So listen to your science teacher when he tells you that.

To be able to understand the beginning of existence or the answer to the question "Why do animals breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide, while plants take in carbon dioxide and put out oxygen?" one will have to ponder those on his or her own.

That's when the difference of opinion comes in and why there are such heated arguments. The Creationism Vs Evolution thread is so popular because each side is absolutely sure they are right, however neither can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they are.

With that said, when I say "We must learn to listen" I mean "We need to accept others' beliefs as their beliefs".

In other words,

Live and let live.

inimalist
For those things that can't be explained, obviously. But what about everything else. We know the stars aren't holes to heaven. But if I looked up and made my own assumption about them, what makes mine more or less valid than the holes theory. But we KNOW they are big balls of gas in space. So listen to your science teacher when he tells you that.

While I agree in principal, you are making the "appeal to authority" logical fallacy. Just because a scientist or science teacher says something, does not make it true.

The reason we believe, not know, that stars are balls of gas burning millions of ligh tyears away is because that is the best explanation that fits with the evidence, making the fewest unknown assumptions.

To be able to understand the beginning of existence or the answer to the question "Why do animals breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide, while plants take in carbon dioxide and put out oxygen?" one will have to ponder those on his or her own.

thats pretty well understood too, if much more complicated than what stars are.

However, above you claim that science can provide answers, yet here you compleatly disregard their method and say people should be able to figure it out on their own.

Why would the scientific method not be better suited to this than introspection?

That's when the difference of opinion comes in and why there are such heated arguments. The Creationism Vs Evolution thread is so popular because each side is absolutely sure they are right, however neither can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they are.

I think its pretty safe to say that science leads to more reliable conclusions than religion or introspection...

Sure, that says nothing about truth, and especially what people percieve as truth. However, if the only reasonable doubt you need is someone else believes someting even if there is no evidence for it, maybe you need to be a little bit more discriminating about what is "reasonable".

I forget who to attribute this quote to, but its something like, "Its great to have an open mind, just not so open that your brains fall out".

With that said, when I say "We must learn to listen" I mean "We need to accept others' beliefs as their beliefs".

In other words,

Live and let live.

agreed

people believe what they believe

trying to change them only makes them more intense stick out tongue

Goddess Kali
What's your point?

I think you already know.....

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you've said here but I have a feeling you haven't thoroughly thought this one out. If we all go around not listening to each other, trying to find our own answers for the questions of the world, we're just gonna end up with lots of different opinions on the matter. And we all know what different opinions lead to. History has shown us most wars are over land or a difference of beliefs. Its already happening. People have thought about questions and came up with answers. "How did we come into existence? God made us." "What makes it night and day? A great god in a flying chariot pulls the curtain of night back and forth everyday." Then they go out and share their discoveries.

I never discouraged interaction and learning from one another. But we must all find our own way. Most of the time, we formulate our own solution through what we learned from other people.

However, we came up with the answer ourself.

If you learn a great lesson from another person, it is because you took the initiative to learn and get to know that person.

Any goal you acheive will be entirely your own doing and responsibility.

If I had not exposed myself to the wisdom of other people, I may still be stuck in my own state of uncertainty and insecurity. But interaction and communication with other people has led me to realize that I have all the ability within myself. I simply realize it now, because I know the difference.

If I were to stay encased in my own little mental world, I would have never learned the Truth within myself. I would have never known the difference. Listening to the thoughts, opinions, feelings and passions of others helps you realize and solidify your own.

That is definately True thumb up

I do not disagree. I think you are misunderstanding what I am trying to say, I am not exactly talented with words...

You will find, if you search hard enough, that everyone has found a different way to go through life, and it works perfectly for them. They found thier own way...thier way will probably not work for you. Your way will probably not work for them.

You may not even have a way yet...."your way" may only develop after exposure to the ways of others.

The ultamate lesson is that no one else can solve all your problems, no one else can make you stronger, richer, smarter, happier...only you have that power. You cannot make another person stronger or happier either. Only they can do that themselves.

You can Help....They can Help you too....but you must succeed on your own.

Think about it....

Your family loves you...your freinds love you.....but does thier Love make you absolutely happy or complete ? Does thier love alleviate all your insecurities and worries ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.