Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
So at first I could have cared less about this game. Now I actually want it.

They using the Graphics Engine that was used for Tomb Raider Legends and Lara will also be getting some new gadgets and abilities so it's not all exactly the same as the original. It feels almost like a completely different, new game.

It's a remake of the original Tomb Raider Game for those that don't know by the way.

Thoughts?

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

R8#@NG!G@
dont know anything about tomb raider and probably never will, and probably will never buy a tomb raider game

InnerRise
Thanks for that waste of a post then. doped

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Kazenji
I've been interested in this thing i've been sort of a fan of the tomb raider games. The only ones i have'nt played are Chronicles and Legend of the series and i don't know what all the fuss was about angel of darkness all they were doing was trying something different.

InnerRise
All the FUSS? Over Angel of Darkness?

Have you been smoking pot???

That game sucked....believe me when I say, nobody is fussing over that piece of crap of a game.

Kazenji
Meh...........i enjoyed the game

JToTheP
No Kazenji, that is an example of an ACTUALLY bad game. That was a ridiculous excuse and should of never been released. I've enjoyed some average games before, but even I rented Angel Of Darkness: UN.PLAY.ABLE.

Legend was so much better, 1-3 were great at the time, I didn't like Revelation, and Chronicles the gameplay was very old. I can't wait for this game!

((The_Anomaly))
All I can say is that I hope we get to see Lara's boobies in this one... whistle shifty no expression ninja huh erm rock

Kazenji
Originally posted by JToTheP
That was a ridiculous excuse and should of never been released.

Well i could see where the developers where going with it i suppose they could've spent a bit more time on it.

Last Revelation would have to be my fav so far out of the series. i thought the 3rd one was rather hard for the PS1 since you had to collect the save crystals mad one of the worst save systems ever.

JToTheP
About as bad as having one save file where you can't save over it.

Kazenji
Which tomb raider was that one ?

JToTheP
None of them, I was giving an example of the worst possible save system. Games without completion saves, and one save file per memory card are the worst IMO.

JToTheP
http://www.destructoid.com/lara-croft-celebrates-an-anniversa-wii-31524.phtml

Wii version at the end of 07. I may definately be re-purchasing the game.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by InnerRise
So at first I could have cared less about this game. Now I actually want it.

They using the Graphics Engine that was used for Tomb Raider Legends and Lara will also be getting some new gadgets and abilities so it's not all exactly the same as the original. It feels almost like a completely different, new game.

It's a remake of the original Tomb Raider Game for those that don't know by the way.

Thoughts?

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Ah I still remember the first one... I gave up at the Midas' Hand stage though XD... I swore I checked everywhere n there was nowhere to go -,- ..

it should be fun to re-experience those classic sequences in revamped graphics cool

ragesRemorse
It seems like a lazy venture to remake a video game period. I did enjoy legends even thought he story was silly and the gameplay was broken at times, i felt it was a nice effort at re establishing the tomb raider series. The remake however, seems as though it would be a waste of my time seeing how i played it not that many years ago...why not just make an improved installment after legends? Oh, i guess that would take effort.

lil bitchiness
The controls have gone all dodgy. I can't quite get to grips with it. The last one, legend, was a disaster in terms of controls.

I like Tomb Raider. Its a great time killer.

JToTheP
I don't know why everybody is complaining about Legend. The game saved the series, between Last Revelation, Chronicles, and Angel Of Darkness, Tomb Raider was headed into the toilet. I won't go into the movies, but I don't see what made Legend so bad save for the shortness. Legend gave the series the gameplay make over it so badly needed, as well as better controls.

I guess if length is the problem, there's always RPGs, like the beloved Final Fantasy.

Kazenji
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The controls have gone all dodgy. I can't quite get to grips with it. The last one, legend, was a disaster in terms of controls.

Legend has bad controls blink

don't know what game you've been playing Legend had perfect controls for me

Oh yea i got Legend recently also and finished it also with it has anyone unlocked the soul reaver for it because i've done the requirements for it

Clear the game and complete all time trials.

any help please ?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji

Yeah, i agree, aside from the horrid bike sequences I thought the controlls were spot on. I diddnt even have much trouble with the camera in this one. The dumbass story was the downfall of the game for me, but the gameplay made up for that for me, but there was something lacking in the game, it felt a bit empty compared to the other ones, anyone agree?

Kazenji
It needed more levels for starters it was short compared to the first 3 games.

InnerRise
Yeah, the only problem was the length. It was missing more gameplay is what it was missing.

But that's been established.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

lil bitchiness

Oh yea i got Legend recently also and finished it also with it has anyone unlocked the soul reaver for it because i've done the requirements for it

Clear the game and complete all time trials.

any help please ?

Yes. I am on PC, and controls were far better for me in the other tomb raider.
If you're playing on a game console, then I guess it wouldn't make much difference to you.

JToTheP
Oh well, June 5th/6th it will be out and it will be GREAT. The success of Legend last year is sheer proof that Lara is back.

Kazenji
Yes. I am on PC, and controls were far better for me in the other tomb raider.
If you're playing on a game console, then I guess it wouldn't make much difference to you.

Well i have played Tomb Raider on both PC and PS1 i like playing the game with a control it suits the games more and also you can get control pads for PC roll eyes (sarcastic).............. so ye no need to complain.

JToTheP
I'd say any PC game has horrendous keyboard controls, unless it's just a point and click type of game. I think not buying a control pad for the PC would be suicide, and make you hate almost every game released on PC.

lil bitchiness
I'd say any PC game has horrendous keyboard controls, unless it's just a point and click type of game. I think not buying a control pad for the PC would be suicide, and make you hate almost every game released on PC.

Not to mention playing it from a laptop. Adding more options to Lara, as done in the Legend, for example was just too complicated. Huge control change from AOD - but more options.

Its generally difficult for controles. Max Payne is, impossible to play without a proper mouse.

Well i have played Tomb Raider on both PC and PS1 i like playing the game with a control it suits the games more and also you can get control pads for PC roll eyes (sarcastic).............. so ye no need to complain.

Then apparently you waren't paying attention. The controls are NOT the same, particularly since Legend (and furthermore Anniversary) has different moves than all other Tomb Raider before them, not to mention options and moves.

Lana
Hmmm, this is a remake of the first Tomb Raider?

Only game in the series I actually liked. And that was more because of the various amusing ways you can kill yourself than anything else stick out tongue

Not to mention playing it from a laptop. Adding more options to Lara, as done in the Legend, for example was just too complicated. Huge control change from AOD - but more options.

Its generally difficult for controles. Max Payne is, impossible to play without a proper mouse.

Then apparently you waren't paying attention. The controls are NOT the same, particularly since Legend (and furthermore Anniversary) has different moves than all other Tomb Raider before them, not to mention options and moves.

You can easily use a mouse with a laptop. I won't use a laptop WITHOUT a mouse.

But personally, yes, I hate playing games on the PC. I just can't stand the controls. They drive me up the damn wall and I find aiming with a mouse is very imprecise.

PONG_MASTER
Originally posted by Lana

Only game in the series I actually liked. And that was more because of the various amusing ways you can kill yourself than anything else stick out tongue

Haha... Exactly what I was thinking.

I was horribly obsessed with Tomb Raider in elementary school, and it's been since then that I've played it so I doubt I'll be checking out this Anniversary game.

((The_Anomaly))

You can easily use a mouse with a laptop. I won't use a laptop WITHOUT a mouse.

But personally, yes, I hate playing games on the PC. I just can't stand the controls. They drive me up the damn wall and I find aiming with a mouse is very imprecise.

Well...not to be mean, but your wrong. PC controls for aiming are far superior to anything any other console can offer, even the Wii (which could be close if done right). It takes a lot of practice though, its not pick up and play easy, but once you get used to Keyboard & Mouse controls you'll find the aiming and moving is far superior. I mean its common knowledge that it is. The only thing I agree with you about is the keyboard, I still don't like using keyboards for controlling things, it just takes more coordination overall compared to Console controls, but once you get it, the PC is the best for control.

Lana
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Well...not to be mean, but your wrong. PC controls for aiming are far superior to anything any other console can offer, even the Wii (which could be close if done right). It takes a lot of practice though, its not pick up and play easy, but once you get used to Keyboard & Mouse controls you'll find the aiming and moving is far superior. I mean its common knowledge that it is. The only thing I agree with you about is the keyboard, I still don't like using keyboards for controlling things, it just takes more coordination overall compared to Console controls, but once you get it, the PC is the best for control.

And obviously you didn't actually read what I said. I said that I find the controls imprecise. Meaning it's my opinion and from my personal experience. Just because most people find it to be more precise doesn't mean everyone does.

((The_Anomaly))
And obviously you didn't actually read what I said. I said that I find the controls imprecise. Meaning it's my opinion and from my personal experience. Just because most people find it to be more precise doesn't mean everyone does.

No, its only imprecise because you haven't got used to it, its intrinsically a much more precise control system, its just a little harder to get the coordination down is all.

JToTheP

I don't even count AoD as a video game because of how horrendous it was, normally I can find a decent reason to buy a game, and some pretty shitty games I like, but that was just horrendous. I was about to rush out to the store and buy it thinking, Tomb Raider, Lara getting a make-over for Ps2, and than I saw the complaints of controls and such.

I'd rather die than play Max Payne without a controller, and Max Payne 2's button set-up for Ps2 at that.

InnerRise
Originally posted by PONG_MASTER
Haha... Exactly what I was thinking.

I was horribly obsessed with Tomb Raider in elementary school, and it's been since then that I've played it so I doubt I'll be checking out this Anniversary game. I think you mean "You doubt you WON'T be checking it out."

Kazenji
I'd say any PC game has horrendous keyboard controls, unless it's just a point and click type of game.

And also First person Shooters but then again i also play them on consoles so it does'nt really bother me.

ragesRemorse

max payne worked well enough with the keyboard controls

((The_Anomaly))
I actually might consider getting this game when it comes out (if its any good) I did like the original Tomb Raider game.

JToTheP
I pre-ordered it today. big grin I can't wait for June 6th!

Kazenji

Then apparently you waren't paying attention. The controls are NOT the
same, particularly since Legend (and furthermore Anniversary) has different moves than all other Tomb Raider before them, not to mention options and moves.

I never said that they were "EXACTLY" the same so get your facts right ***** !!

I said it does'nt really bother me since i've played tomb raider on both PC and PS2 and also i was talking about tomb raider 1-5 there.

InnerRise
I cannot for the life of me find this game anywhere.

Plus I've also heard that this game leaves a lot to be desired and if anything is just mindless fun while we wait for better game releases.

JToTheP
Yeah, it's selling like Legend, I love pre-orders! big grin

The graphics on Ps2 seem even better than Legend to me, when I was swimming and came out, the water was glistening off Lara's face. big grin

I <3 this game and anyone who hasn't played this or Legend fails at ranking Tomb Raider.

InnerRise
SO you're saying this game is completely worth playing and isn't mindless fun and has sustenance?

Ok. B/c I was about to question whether I should really get this game or not.

When you say the graphics are better on the PS2, what does that mean? Because Legend was on the PS2 as well.

Well I haven't exactly been in the stores myself. I've been calling. SO I wasn't aware if I had the wrong release date or if they were just empty on the shelves.

JToTheP
Originally posted by InnerRise
SO you're saying this game is completely worth playing and isn't mindless fun and has sustenance?

Ok. B/c I was about to question whether I should really get this game or not.

When you say the graphics are better on the PS2, what does that mean? Because Legend was on the PS2 as well.

Well I haven't exactly been in the stores myself. I've been calling. SO I wasn't aware if I had the wrong release date or if they were just empty on the shelves.

Every Tomb Raider except AoD is worth playing, they're all challenging, the Ps1 games are just a challenging type like the NES games, REALLY hard, to me.

Everything just looks really great, water does, all the environments do, as I said Lara looks better than ever. I'm sure everything will be even better on the Wii/360 versions, and the Windows Vista one as well.

When my mom got Legend for me last year for my birthday, she got the last copy off the shelf. Legend sold 2 million copies worldwide from April to June-July, and the game got instantly recognized for it. Basically it was doing what Resident Evil 4 did in 2005, selling like crazy with rave reviews.

You'd be better off to go to a place like EB if you're that curious, since places like Target, Toys R Us will always be selling because of how huge of chains they are.

Or your best bet is online actually, I'm sure Amazon might have it in right now.

If you want to pay $20 rather than $30, Best Buy has it coming out this Tuesday for $20 on sale.

Although I'd pay $50 for this gladly, but that's just me.

((The_Anomaly))
So this game is good? I'll probably get it when it comes out on Wii...Anyone know when that is?

JToTheP
360 just got confirmed I believe, and Eidos said Wii version will be out in the Fall.

InnerRise
So many people have been complaining that this game is as Action Packed as Legends. Heck, some even say it's devoid of any action whatsoever.

They're bored and disappointed.

Other's say people are forgetting that this is as much an Adventure game as Action game and that others shouldn't be comparing it so much to Legends, being that this is actually a remake that stays true to the original and that the Adventure aspect of the game is actually very good and immersive and more of what the game is all about.

Thoughts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.