Marvel's Recap Page, Yay or Nay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
As you've probably noticed, Marvel Comics all start with a recap page whereas DC just goes straight into the book expecting you to know most of what's going on.

Do you read the recaps or just skip to the story?

Blair Wind
I think its nice to have a recap erm

If Im just jumping into a storyline, I might as well have SOME clue as to whats going on.

starlock
i said waste of space for one reason

These threads will take any info and use it to their purpose,and if the comic is saying universe 10 times in the panels,and a writer(if it is one) states on the recap page its a multiverse(is it the same writer?) well there can be issues,

Privatley i like them,for issues with debating i dont like them

The Pict
I like the recap page, sometimes it helps me buy comics. Like if I forget what issue I'm up to, a quick look at the recap page in a comics store can help.

Soljer
I like the recap page. If you have to wait a month for each book, you might forget a detail or two - even if you remembered the general plot line.

Black Adam
I like them. I especially like when the writers have fun with them like Fabian or Peter David do with their books. smile

NiņoAraņa
i say yay......like ppl have said, it's nice to have a lil reminder, especially when the books are 2-3 weeks apart.

Validus
Don't really care but it should be standard for long delayed books like the Ultimates.

willRules
I like the recap page as I'm eager to get into some other ongoings and I would like to choose to pick up previous issues as opposed to being forced to by not knowing what is going on yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.