Ion vs The Phantom Stranger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
This is classic Ion and Kyle has had years to hone his abilities.

How would this fight go down?

Tazer
Yo.

Ion, but its not easy. if this PS as he really is supposed to be, then Id say he has a big fight on his hands.

Tazer

guy222
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Ion, but its not easy. if this PS as he really is supposed to be, then Id say he has a big fight on his hands.

Tazer

Morning smile I will disagree. PS ftw

the Darkone
Ion.

Batman-Prime
PS is beyond Ion, not even the Spectre could destroy him, anyway, PS >> Ion, anytime.

Skeets
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
PS is beyond Ion, not even the Spectre could destroy him, anyway, PS >> Ion, anytime.
Nah,Ion wins.

Tazer
Yo.

so, becuz Spec "couldnt destroy" PS, that makes him stronger than Ion???

thats some flawed logic if I ever heard it......

Tazer

Thanos_THOTU
Ion ****ed up Spectre as well, in fact he even became Spectre.

Skeets
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Ion ****ed up Spectre as well, in fact he even became Spectre.
Huh? when did this happen?
Are you making stuff up again..no expression

guy222

Cosigned

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Skeets
Huh? when did this happen?
Are you making stuff up again..no expression
No ... Why would I do that? - What would be a complete waste of time for both parts.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/3741/greenlanternv3150pg13xasx4.th.jpg

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1433/greenlanternv3150pg14oixv9.th.jpg

Tazer
Yo.

No ... Why would I do that? - What would be a complete waste of time for both parts.

so where do U see Kyle becoming Spec in those pics???

Tazer

Thanos_THOTU
Yo.

so where do U see Kyle becoming Spec in those pics???

Tazer
I meant, Ion >> Parallax, who became Spectre ...

the Darkone
ION>>>PS

PS is a mid-tier Abstract where ION is greater than any universe

Skeets

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/3741/greenlanternv3150pg13xasx4.th.jpg

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1433/greenlanternv3150pg14oixv9.th.jpg
Oh,yeah your making stuff up again.Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
What are you talking about?Hal was Parallax who was then chosen to be the Spectre.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by the Darkone
ION>>>PS

PS is a mid-tier Abstract where ION is greater than any universe

so, Ion could defeat any universe huh??

how many universes has Ion fought??

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

no proof. granted Ion did more w/his great power than Parallax did, but thats doesnt show superiority in any way.

Tazer

Entity
Yo.

no proof. granted Ion did more w/his great power than Parallax did, but thats doesnt show superiority in any way.

Tazer

Ion was the combined power of Parallax, the guardians life forces, and the oblivion force.

Parallax+Guardians+Oblivion>>>Parallax

Juntai
Ion ****ed up Spectre as well, in fact he even became Spectre. lmao.

Juntai
Originally posted by Entity
Ion was the combined power of Parallax, the guardians life forces, and the oblivion force.

Parallax+Guardians+Oblivion>>>Parallax Actually, Parallax had the life force of the guardians, as they sacrificed themselves to him basically. I believe he absorbed their energy as well.

I still believe Oblivion was created by Kyle's subconscious as a result of Parallax energy.

But then, it's been years since I picked up that arc and read it. however the whole Oblivion thing was weird.

Don't forget that it is merely what was -left- of the Parallax energy, as Hal's energy was vastly depleted fighting Spectre, and trying to create a full fledged universe from nothing.

Entity
Originally posted by Juntai
Actually, Parallax had the life force of the guardians, as they sacrificed themselves to him basically. I believe he absorbed their energy as well.

I still believe Oblivion was created by Kyle's subconscious as a result of Parallax energy.

But then, it's been years since I picked up that arc and read it. however the whole Oblivion thing was weird.

Don't forget that it is merely what was -left- of the Parallax energy, as Hal's energy was vastly depleted fighting Spectre, and trying to create a full fledged universe from nothing.

No, the guardians sacrificed themselves to create Kyle's original ring and give him the power he needed. This is why Kyle recreated them when he gave up his Ion power the first time. They were part of his original ring. Thou with all that power he had more than enough to recreate them and recharge the central battery and make himself a new ring with constant reserves.

As for the Parallax energy, I thought the left over energy was supposed to be just as powerful as Parallax was when he died?

Tazer
Yo.

Parallax+Guardians+Oblivion>>>Parallax

1) Kyle as a GL gained no discernable power boost from being in posession of the lifeforces of those who remade Hals ring.

2) original Ion said that he only had a fragment of the powah that Para left behind when he died, and THAT leftover power mixed with the Oblivion-energies.

so in short: Parallax+Guardians+Oblivion is not >>>Parallax since they dont stack the way U think they do.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Actually, Parallax had the life force of the guardians, as they sacrificed themselves to him basically. I believe he absorbed their energy as well.

nothing supports that in the story, nor in the performance of Kyles ring before we got to that part.

Parallax was never named or hinted as having any ties to Oblivion, so theres no evidence to support that link.

No, the guardians sacrificed themselves to create Kyle's original ring and give him the power he needed.

actually, they more-or-less sacrificed themselves to: 1) create Kyles ring, and 2) somehow prevent Jordan from eliminating *them* .....which doesnt make a whole lot of sense however giving up their lives as they did doesnt make much sense either.

As for the Parallax energy, I thought the left over energy was supposed to be just as powerful as Parallax was when he died?

no, the P-energy mixed w/the O-energies, and *combined* they grew over time. theres no indication of just how much more powerful than the energies that Parallax held onto by himself.

Tazer

Entity
Yo.

actually, they more-or-less sacrificed themselves to: 1) create Kyles ring, and 2) somehow prevent Jordan from eliminating *them* .

Tazer

How is that not what I just said?

Juntai
Originally posted by Tazer Yo.

nothing supports that in the story, nor in the performance of Kyles ring before we got to that part. Actually, I was just remembering wrong, about when the Guardians sacrificed themselves when Hal walked into the battery. Though I admitted I hadn't broke out and read these stories in a long time. My post didn't say anything of Kyle's ring here. So I don't understand what you're saying about Kyle's ring performance at all.

I meant not Parallax creating it, but rather when Kyle was unconsciously tapping into Parallaxs power, not that that's fully supported earlier, but the whole thing was kind of ambiguous.

Agreed.

Agreed as well, but I still don't see it as anywhere near Zero Hour Hal, because by the time Hal died, he had next to no power left. In fact, he was mostly drained after Zero Hour, since they replaced his really weak version into the timestream overlapping his 'about to wipe and recreate reality' self.

Tazer
Yo.

Actually, I was just remembering wrong, about when the Guardians sacrificed themselves when Hal walked into the battery. Though I admitted I hadn't broke out and read these stories in a long time. My post didn't say anything of Kyle's ring here. So I don't understand what you're saying about Kyle's ring performance at all.

thats my mistake; I was thinking *somehow* U were making a comment as it pertains to Kyle.

I goofed. sick

I meant not Parallax creating it, but rather when Kyle was unconsciously tapping into Parallaxs power, not that that's fully supported earlier, but the whole thing was kind of ambiguous.

in the Ion -storyline, they kinda spell it out that the energies he had been unconsciously tapping into was the Para/Ob -gestalt energy.

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.