Were Adam and Eve African?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Even the scientific community is positive that human civilization started in Africa. And the oldest homosapian bones were found in Ethiopia; a country in Africa. So was Adam and Eve African then?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Even the scientific community is positive that human civilization started in Africa. And the oldest homosapian bones were found in Ethiopia; a country in Africa. So was Adam and Eve African then?

IMO Adam and Eve never existed. They are just myth. But that's not what you wanted to hear, so, yes they are. stick out tongue

Schecter
"were"

Grand_Moff_Gav
Please tell me your not one of these melanin types...and no, the Garden of Eden was near Iraq...but then, Adam and Eve did have to go along way.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Schecter
"were"

Thank you. smokin'

Schecter
no, the title.

"Were Adam and Eve African"

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
IMO Adam and Eve never existed. They are just myth. But that's not what you wanted to hear, so, yes they are. stick out tongue

Why can't you be like me, Im not Christian but when someone asks a question about Christianity I will try to answer it according to Christian teachings, you shouldn't have to include the factuality of the text.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Why can't you be like me, Im not Christian but when someone asks a question about Christianity I will try to answer it according to Christian teachings, you shouldn't have to include the factuality of the text.

I've been trying to be like you all this time. eek! jk

All of my youth I was a slave to that religion, so, my reaction is always to point out the myth. I don't play well with Christians. sad smile

Grand_Moff_Gav
I don't play well with Christians either...especially ones like JesusIsAlive...argh frustration!

Schecter
oh lets please not pronounce JIA to be an ambassador for christianity, k?

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter
oh lets please not pronounce JIA to be an ambassador for christianity, k?

I second that, considering the guy can only copy/paste parts of passages that he thinks agree with his point of view. He certainly gives Christians a bad name and shouldn't be used a measuring tool.

FistOfThe North:

Biblically the Garden of Eden (as noted) is said to have been located in the Middle East, not Africa; God also created Adam in his own image and we have no idea what 'color' God is.

If it makes you feel better, Jesus was probably dark skinned as the Bible states Jesus had "hair of wool" and "feet of bronze".

Grand_Moff_Gav
On topic,

So, its in Persia, not Africa.

Morgoths_Wrath
On topic,

So, its in Persia, not Africa.

not Persia..

probably Mesopotamia.
So no, Adam and Eve, if they existed, were probably not African but Mesopotamian, or Arab...or Jewish. What have you. The Garden of Eden was in Mesopotamia, so you can just call them Edenites if it suits you.

edit: Personally, I always thought that the Garden of Eden wasn't on the Earth at all, but in the heavenly realm since it's called paradise, but I guess the general belief is that it was in the Mesopotamian area, although Ethiopia has also been suggested to be the place. Mesopotamia seems the most accurate geographical location, I believe.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Ah yes, i have looked at a map, you are correct.

Robtard
Gotta love Wiki...

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Robtard
Gotta love Wiki...

haha, I love the suggested Bristol, Florida/Jackson County, Missouri location. it would only be right for the Garden of Eden to be in America, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

when I was little I always assumed the Garden of Eden was in heaven. Then again, I never really read the Bible back then so I didn't know about these rivers.

Grand_Moff_Gav
haha...Im just too good. Thanks Robtard

Devil King
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
haha, I love the suggested Bristol, Florida/Jackson County, Missouri location. it would only be right for the Garden of Eden to be in America, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You didn't know that Native Americans are a lost tribe of Israel?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Devil King
You didn't know that Native Americans are a lost tribe of Israel?

You sir have changed your name!

Devil King
You sir have changed your name!

OH, so I have. I put the request in a day or two ago...I guess it just kicked in. When I started posting it was still capt_fantastic.

Cool

Grand_Moff_Gav
...But why?

Devil King
...But why?

Because I've been Capt_Fantastic for like four or five years. I was getting tired of it. Especially the underscore part. It was necessary when I registered. It no longer is.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Indeed, I hate Grand_Moff_Gav. I migt petition Raz for a change.

FistOfThe North
Damn.. I knew it was "were" instead of "was". o well.

It could've been "was" if it was titled "Was Adam or Eve African?".

I have to brush up on my grammar skills.

lil bitchiness

No, because the story was produced by Jews of the time, which I don't think were black.

Furthermore, I fixed your title.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
No, because the story was produced by Jews of the time, which I don't think were black.

Thats pretty much it, its like we always see Jesus as a white man, but he would have been Jewish. Olive skinned.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Well Egyptians and other North Africans don't consider themselves Black yet they're in Africa. And thanks for the title fix.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well Egyptians and other North Africans don't consider themselves Black yet they're in Africa. And thanks for the title fix.

Do you consider yourself African?

I always felt, that man originating in Africa was a bad thing for Afriacns, cause it indicates that people are evolving and those closest to the original humans are the least evolved.

Adam_PoE

Adam and Eve did not exist.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Ah, indeed, a well thought out and comprehensive response, didn't address the question at all, however, i think it covered all bases.

smile

Adam_PoE
Ah, indeed, a well thought out and comprehensive response, didn't address the question at all, however, i think it covered all bases.

smile

I thought so.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I thought so.

Now that, that is a textbook retort!

smile

Robtard
Do you consider yourself African?

I always felt, that man originating in Africa was a bad thing for Afriacns, cause it indicates that people are evolving and those closest to the original humans are the least evolved.

Not bad at all... skin color changing pigmentation is more of a specialized adaptation to environment than an Evolutionary step forward.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Robtard
Not bad at all... skin color changing pigmentation is more of a specialized adaptation to environment than an Evolutionary step forward.

True as that is, racists don't care for truth.erm

ragesRemorse

If you believe in the Bible, then you know that humanity did not begin in Africa.

ADarksideJedi

What are you talking about?What does Africa have to do with Adam and eve?It says no where in the bible where the garden is located?Jm confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
What are you talking about?What does Africa have to do with Adam and eve?It says no where in the bible where the garden is located?Jm confused

It tell the names of the rivers that flow from the garden.

ragesRemorse
It tell the names of the rivers that flow from the garden.

exactly. Not knowing where two of the rivers are located, we still know where the other two are. The Tigris tells us, that it would have been somewhere in the middle east

ADarksideJedi
Not all people from Africa are african.It still does not prove that the garden is in Africa there could be other rivers with the same name somewhere else in the world.Jm

ragesRemorse
It wasnt in Africa. If you believe in the Bible

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Not all people from Africa are african.It still does not prove that the garden is in Africa there could be other rivers with the same name somewhere else in the world.Jm

Why not another planet?

ragesRemorse
Why not another planet?

funny you should say that. The real ancestors of humanity came from planet Nibiru. im serious too

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
funny you should say that. The real ancestors of humanity came from planet Nibiru. im serious too

http://www.crystalinks.com/nibiru2.gif

Goddess Kali
Science says Humanity began in Africa...the Bible says Humanity began in the Garden of Eden....

This is a tough one..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Science says Humanity began in Africa...the Bible says Humanity began in the Garden of Eden....

Thats is totally off-topic.

Science doesn't say where man began for sure, they only have theories.

According to the Bible however, the Garden of Eden was in Iraq-Iran-Saudi Arabia.

http://www.ebibleteacher.com/imagehtml/images/800x600/Garden%20of%20Eden%20800.JPG

http://www.kjvbible.org/images/Euphrvr.bmp

Strangelove
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Adam and Eve did not exist. So what does it matter? erm

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Strangelove
So what does it matter? erm

I agree, this topic doesn't debate the factuality of genesis. It is asking where, according to the Bible, was the Garden of Eden and are Adam and Eve Africans. According to the Bible, they were not.

Strangelove
I agree, this topic doesn't debate the factuality of genesis. It is asking where, according to the Bible, was the Garden of Eden and are Adam and Eve Africans. According to the Bible, they were not. Problem solved then.

What arcane trivial part of the Bible shall we tackle next? smile

Grand_Moff_Gav
Did Moses really part the red sea?

Strangelove
Doubtful.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Indeed...seeing as the Bible states God parted the Red Sea...Moses just asked him too...

I think we've solved that too.

Strangelove
I just like to go with "It's a crock of shit, never happened" stick out tongue

Grand_Moff_Gav
Thats what people will say about the Holocaust one day.

Strangelove
There's a difference between documented history and something made up in a book, I'd hope erm

Grand_Moff_Gav
As Napoleon once said, "What is history, but a fable agreed upon."

Besides, assuming the Bible is true it is documented in the only way possible at the time, written in books, art, sculpture.

The only thing new are photos and video footage, but even today people deny the holocaust, in 100years it will be debatable in 200 years it will be another Jewish lie, just like Moses and Adam and Eve...

lord xyz
Adam and Eve don't exist.

Vinny Valentine

They never existed. They are Myth, not factual.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by lord xyz
Adam and Eve don't exist. Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
They never existed. They are Myth, not factual.

What does that have to do with anything? Pointless posts from people who clearly arn't actually interested in the topic at hand.

Shakyamunison
What does that have to do with anything? Pointless posts from people who clearly arn't actually interested in the topic at hand.

No, it helps locate where Adam and Eve lived; in the mind.

Grand_Moff_Gav
No, it helps locate where Adam and Eve lived; in the mind.
The Bible gives no such evidence.

Shakyamunison
The Bible gives no such evidence.

The thread has nothing to do with the bible.

Grand_Moff_Gav
No, the are entirely foreign concepts to the Bible...

What FOTN was asking was: Are Adam and Eve from Africa? Science says the origins of humanity is in Africa, is that what the Bible says?

Shakyamunison
No, the are entirely foreign concepts to the Bible...

What FOTN was asking was: Are Adam and Eve from Africa? Science says the origins of humanity is in Africa, is that what the Bible says?

You are making an assumption. The thread starter never said the word "bible".

Grand_Moff_Gav
He did say Adam and Eve.

Shakyamunison
He did say Adam and Eve.

And Adam and Eve is a much older story then the bible.

Grand_Moff_Gav
And Adam and Eve is a much older story then the bible.

Ah, but the Book of Genesis is the original scripture in which they appeared...do you want me to now call refer to Genesis opposed to Bible?

(Damn you sir)

Shakyamunison
Ah, but the Book of Genesis is the original scripture in which they appeared...do you want me to now call refer to Genesis opposed to Bible?

(Damn you sir)

There is evidence that the story of Adam and Eve was copied from earlier writings.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Present it.

Shakyamunison
Present it.

I tried to look for it, but I don't have the time right now.

Google "the original Adam and Eve" and see what you get.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Don't pull a JIA on me! smile

I know what your doing anyway...

Shakyamunison
Don't pull a JIA on me! smile

I know what your doing anyway...

Don't insult me. mad I am being truthful with you.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Oh I believe you...but it makes no difference, we have solved the location of Adam and Eve's original home...now tell me, did they have belly buttons?

Shakyamunison
Oh I believe you...but it makes no difference, we have solved the location of Adam and Eve's original home...now tell me, did they have belly buttons?

In my opinion? Yes; because they evolved from older forms of humans.

What race were they?

Vinny Valentine
Wrong.

If they didn't exist, they could not have been any race.

Grand_Moff_Gav
In my opinion? Yes; because they evolved from older forms of humans.

What race were they? Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Wrong.

bangin

We made so much progress yesterady!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Shakyamunison
bangin

We made so much progress yesterady!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Well, it was at the end of the day yesterday, and I am like most people who work on a computer. We start the day very smart, but we can barely talk by the end of the day. laughing

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, it was at the end of the day yesterday, and I am like most people who work on a computer. We start the day very smart, but we can barely talk by the end of the day. laughing

But I want stupid people! Argh...im going to cry...

Biblical Teachings and Factuality of Biblical Teachings are two very different things...

blowupblowupblowup

Shakyamunison
But I want stupid people! Argh...im going to cry...

Biblical Teachings and Factuality of Biblical Teachings are two very different things...

blowupblowupblowup

The stupid people will be on later, just wait. wink

Grand_Moff_Gav
The stupid people will be on later, just wait. wink

Yes...yes...evil face then, at about 12 o'clock tonight, I shall re-discuss this whole thing with you!

Shakyamunison
Yes...yes...evil face then, at about 12 o'clock tonight, I shall re-discuss this whole thing with you!

Not with me; I'll be playing music then. wink

Grand_Moff_Gav
Oooh sounds interesting.

JesusIsAlive

Devil King
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
But that is what I am: an ambassador for Christ.

And you're doing a bang up job Mr. Bolton.

Grand_Moff_Gav

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Wrong.

But they did exist (and still do in Heaven).

Grand_Moff_Gav
If Jesus wasn't resurrected he would be spinning in the grave at your posts....

JesusIsAlive

lord xyz
Thats is totally off-topic.

Science doesn't say where man began for sure, they only have theories.

According to the Bible however, the Garden of Eden was in Iraq-Iran-Saudi Arabia.

http://www.ebibleteacher.com/imagehtml/images/800x600/Garden%20of%20Eden%20800.JPG

http://www.kjvbible.org/images/Euphrvr.bmp Well, the oldest recorded history of man is in Baghdad...and since those damn creationists have "disproved" carbon dating, it makes sense to suggest the Bible is right, and Adam and Eve weren't African. But, the fact that Africans are smelly sub-humans, is reason enough to know they weren't the first, for everyone knows God cursed them by turning their skin black.

What does that have to do with anything? Pointless posts from people who clearly arn't actually interested in the topic at hand. you can't prove where Adam and Eve lived, using science in your theory, if they don't exist.

JesusIsAlive
Well, the oldest recorded history of man is in Baghdad...and since those damn creationists have "disproved" carbon dating, it makes sense to suggest the Bible is right, and Adam and Eve weren't African. But, the fact that Africans are smelly sub-humans, is reason enough to know they weren't the first, for everyone knows God cursed them by turning their skin black.

you can't prove where Adam and Eve lived, using science in your theory, if they don't exist.

But they do exist.

lord xyz
But they do exist. Evidence please?

JesusIsAlive
Evidence please?

First, I would like you to demonstrate what evidence that you have they did not exist?

Devil King
First, I would like you to demonstrate what evidence that you have they did not exist?

Wow, that's a big pile of shit.

I'd also like to point out that it's only a matter of time before someone points out that you are the one making a claim, thus the burden of proof is on you. It'll probally be Adam_PoE.

Thundar
They were human first and foremost. Based on the geographic area where the Garden of Eden is thought to be, they possibly could have been considered "black" by today's standards. Keep in mind though that race was rather irrelevant during their time because everyone essentially looked the same.

Now the real question and debate is not whether or not if Adam, Eve, or Jesus were black, but as to whether or not when Jesus come's down upon his return -- will his tongue really look literally like a sword?

I have to admit, that would be the only thing that could freak me out. I don't care if he's black, white, gray, blue, green, whatever, but it would take some time to get used to the tongue-sword thing...laughing

If my guess is correct though, I'm betting the tongue-sword reference mentioned in revelations is more of a metaphor, relating to the power of Jesus's word, specifically in it's ability bring forth life or death. Hopefully this guess is correct, I mean..I'd still accept him even with a sword as a tongue..but it woud definitely take me a while to get used to it.

lord xyz
First, I would like you to demonstrate what evidence that you have they did not exist? The extreme unlikeliness is reason enough to say they didn't. Oh, and as Devil King said, the burden on proof is on you, not me, because you are the one making the claim.

Cory Chaos

Co-signed, for everyone who wants to have their cake (didn't exist) and eat it, too (prove their counterpoint.)

That's the problem with a lot of non-believers;

"extreme unlikeliness" is their means of dismissal. That goes for virtually everything. How lazy.

Devil King
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
Co-signed,

Then perhaps you can illuminate the situation, since your friend there can not.

Vinny Valentine
But they did exist (and still do in Heaven).

Yeah....No.

TRH
JIA go back to church

FistOfThe North
Ok Adam and Eve were Middle-Eastern but aren't there Middle-Eastern Africans.

So what everyone is trying to say is that Adam and Eve were born in Iraq.

Adam and Eve are Iraqis?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Ok Adam and Eve were Middle-Eastern but aren't there Middle-Eastern Africans.

So what everyone is trying to say is that
Adam and Eve were born in Iraq.

Adam and Eve are Iraqis?

If they existed then possibly, just because
they were "created" in Iraq doesn't mean
they were Arabs, most likely they were white
and the tanned sun has darkend their decedents skins.
That is the only logical explanation, white
people get darker, black people don't get paler.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Goddess Kali

There were also scientists who said humanity was to blame for Global Warming. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.