Snorting remark by Keith Richards doesn't sit well with Disney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pirategirl85
This will make a good discussion*

Snorting remark by Keith Richards doesn't sit well with Disney
He has a cameo in 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End,' but he 'won't be doing a lot of publicity for this movie.'
By Sheigh Crabtree, Special to The Times
April 5, 2007

Related Stories
- Keith Richards denies snorting his father
- Keith Richards: 'I snorted my father'
Snorting a speedball of cocaine and dear old dad may be the stuff of rock 'n' roll legend but apparently it's not the sort of tale told to children at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Keith Richards' macabre remark about snorting a mixture of cocaine and the cremated remains of his deceased father may have amused music fans with its ghoulish sensibilities, but it caused a moment of alarm inside Walt Disney Studios, home to the movie marketing team behind the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

Richards has a much-anticipated cameo as Teague Sparrow, father of Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), in the hit franchise opening May 25. While drinking, womanizing and cannibalism may be comedic themes that course through the film, the real-life substance abuse and off-screen antics of "Pirates" stars are no laughing matters when it comes to marketing and publicizing one of the summer's biggest family films.

"When forwarded the story to me ... I thought, 'How are we going to spin this?' " Dennis Rice, Disney's senior vice president for publicity, said during a presentation to the media of the studio's upcoming films Wednesday morning.

As a result of Richards' remark, which was later discounted by his representatives as just a joke, it is likely that the rocker's appearances on the red carpet in support of the film will be curtailed.

"Keith won't be doing a lot of publicity for this movie," Rice added.

The Disney spokesman also addressed persistent rumors of future "Pirates" films, noting that despite reports to the contrary, no decisions have been made about the fourth, fifth or sixth films.

" 'At World's End' really is the end of the trilogy, bringing 'Pirates' 1 and 2 full circle," he said.

The sequel to "Pirates" has made more than $1 billion in worldwide box office since it was released last July.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-richards5apr05,0,7746289.story

pirate179
WOW!!! where did he say that at??? interesting..

PirateDiva
LMAO....wow that was sooo Keith...lmao!! But that sucks i was kind of looking forward to meeting him at the premiere!! sad

Pirategirl85
the link is posted...on the bottom to read more....

pirate179
oh ok thanks

Pirategirl85
are you going to the premiere DIVA??? smile

PirateDiva
Yes i am!!! I'm giving up a trip to el Salvador, my cousins wedding, my friends graduation party all to go to this premiere....i wouldnt want to do anything else on May 19....everyone knows not to invite me anywhere that day cause my answer will be "NO I'M Meeting JOHNNy THAT DAY!!" lol.

R U pirategirl85?

Pirategirl85
Yes I am, so jelous of you...AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to tell me how the premier went and if they show anything that can give us clues of what might happen to our sparrabeth, keep us posted...Do you have AIM or Yahoo messenger?? If so PM it to me so we can chat up, I can't believe you are going..... eek!

pirate179
i wish i could go....but its ok cuz i get to go to hawaii on june 1st so its all good!

PirateDiva
ok i totally PMed u! big grin

PirateDiva
Originally posted by pirate179
i wish i could go....but its ok cuz i get to go to hawaii on june 1st so its all good!

Oh cool i was just there in October...it's Beautiful...what island r u going too?

pirate179
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Oh cool i was just there in October...it's Beautiful...what island r u going too?

i know its soooo beautiful!!! ive been there before to Maui, Oahu and the Big Island (hawaii) and this time im going to the big island and oahu again and possibly kauai....i go every so often w/ my family...which island did you go to?

PirateDiva
I went to Honalulu for a day and then took another plane to the Big Island...I loved every minute of it....what hotel u staying at? The one i stayed at was Unbeliveable!!!!!

pirate179
dont remember!! haha!! i have too many different plans in my head and now i cant remember the name of the friggen hotel! oh wait... Park Shore!! thats it!! what did you stay at??

PirateDiva
i'l have to get back to u on that one cause i dont remember the name...alll i know is that it was insane.....there are 3 towers on the premises and to get to each one u have to take either a monarail train or a boat....it was beautiful!!! right next to the beach!! Gorgeous!!!

pirate179
omg i know wat one ur talking about...i seen that place before! its so amazing!! dont remember the name either! but its so pretty! just a lil to expensive for me

AudioHeart
*OUCH* that can't be good

Ummm, whats a "cameo"?

savvysparrow
It's a small role in a film. Think, like a guest star role on a t.v. series. So he won't have a lot of lines, I would imagine.

AudioHeart
OH okay thanks, sorry lol

savvysparrow
Why are you apologizing? It's an honest question smile

AudioHeart
OKAY, lol i love your siggy, i just can't resist

ivebeendepped43
it is hella sexi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.