Call of Duty 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
Thats right, Call of Duty 4, should be good, although I am a little worried about the fact that they said it will be leaving the World War 2 era and be focusing on modern combat erm

This installment will be developed by Infinity Ward, apparently every even numbered game will be developed by them and all odd will be done by Treyarch.

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=36100

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Call-of-Duty-4-Will-Leave-World-War-II-40101.shtml

I am a little hesitant about the non-World War 2 aspect...

Burnt Pancakes
Thank god. You can only kill Nazi's and Japanese soldiers for so long...

General G
But I like killing Nazi's sad

BackFire
The WWII setting has gotten incredibly stale, COD3 is basically an expansion for COD2. A change is needed, badly. And this change sounds very exciting.

K73SK
already another one? amazing speed of making video games...they made 2 of them after halo2, and both were done before another halo could come out...i wonder if the 4th will make it b4 halo3....

Smasandian
Well, because it was done by two developing firms.

And once you done one CoD, the rest are pretty easy.

But I agree with Backfire, thank god for the modern combat but think about it, updated graphics (PC yah and dx10 awesomeness), modern combat and insanity of Call of Duty games.....seems amazing and not your typical modern day shooter where strategy is invovled.

Why does every ****ing modern shooter have to involve strategy and moving your teammates everywhere.....I want an damn arcade intense shooter like Call of Duty and were going to get one...awesome.

Hax42
When is CoD 3 coming for PC? Or are they skipping and waiting for CoD 4?

I hope they dont go into the Middle East area, killing terrorists is just as old as killing Nazis erm

*=DeathReaperr'
Modern combat = terroists/chinese/koreans/russians smile

Smasandian
I dont think its the killing of Nazi's thats old but the gameplay of replaying old battles and such thats old.

General G
I always liked the feel of playing in World War 2.

BackFire
Well, don't feel bad, there are still a billion WW2 shooters coming out every year.

General G
happy

Good. But I always preferred Call of Duties to any others like Medal of Honor and whatnot...

Mišt
Trailer w00t

http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/784/784067/callofduty4_hdtrailer_042807_qtlowwide.mov

Smasandian
It looks pretty sweet.

I wonder if they're going to change the gameplay atleast.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by General G
But I like killing Nazi's sad

Exactly!

Killing zombies, mutant freaks, monsters, nazis...etc...never gets old.

BackFire
It's not just killing Nazis that got old, it was the setting of the games, all the levels started looking the same, a massive feeling of Deja Vu.

Smasandian
Totally.

You know, intro sequence......same looking guys looking at you, throw in a couple of planes flying by, get off of a truck, boat, whatever, bam, machine gun nests, and then artillary. How many times do we have to go through that. (dont get me wrong, still pretty damn fun, but yeah, old)

And they're was always an sneaking mission and some sort of car scene where you either drive, or shoot guys in the passanger seat.

Hopefully, COD 4 somewhat changes it because it was the actual setting that was getting old, but gameplay behind it.

WrathfulDwarf
It's WWII and what else do you expect? A bunch of old building in Europe burning, some desert in Africa, ice cold Siberia, a lonely beach in the South Pacific...it's suppose to be like that...I couldn't understand why change settings or the enviroment of the game.

I mean..you're buying a WWII game and that's what you get. If the same weapons and enemies put you off then there are other FPS to play.

LinixCobra
Its about time... just take Battlefield for example which is what COD series is doing, it brought back a good game for EA.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by BackFire
The WWII setting has gotten incredibly stale, COD3 is basically an expansion for COD2. A change is needed, badly. And this change sounds very exciting.

Agreed. thumb up

FistOfThe North
I'l be getting it. I'm tired of the recurring WWII themes in mostly all war games.

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It's WWII and what else do you expect? A bunch of old building in Europe burning, some desert in Africa, ice cold Siberia, a lonely beach in the South Pacific...it's suppose to be like that...I couldn't understand why change settings or the enviroment of the game.

I mean..you're buying a WWII game and that's what you get. If the same weapons and enemies put you off then there are other FPS to play.

Because those old buildings burning, deserts in Africa and tundra in Siberia have been done before, several times. You can only go through so many burning buildings before you just feel "man, I did this mission in the last game", it's not fun for a player rehashing the same things over and over again, and I'm sure it's grown boring to develop the same thing over and over again as well, when there is completely new and untapped settings, such as the ones that will be in COD4.

Yes, you do expect that in a WWII game, and that's why COD4 won't be a WWII game, because most players are sick of the same thing, hence the relatively poor sales and review scores of COD3 compared to the second one.

It's not like it was simply the setting that made the game fun before, anyways. It was the action and the gameplay, all that will stay the same, just with a new and exciting, and much needed, change in tone and setting.

There's still going to be an assload of WWII games for all your Nazi killing needs. But COD games have always attempted to stay relatively fresh, so this change shouldn't really shock any followers of the franchise.

Plus, it may not be permanent. Maybe after COD4 they'll return to the WWII setting. Who knows.

Tptmanno1
Yea,
I'm looking forward to it. Should be Good.
I don't get this Game Developer trade off thing.
But I guess it'll mean that every other one will be good.

WrathfulDwarf
Because those old buildings burning, deserts in Africa and tundra in Siberia have been done before, several times. You can only go through so many burning buildings before you just feel "man, I did this mission in the last game", it's not fun for a player rehashing the same things over and over again, and I'm sure it's grown boring to develop the same thing over and over again as well, when there is completely new and untapped settings, such as the ones that will be in COD4.

Yes, you do expect that in a WWII game, and that's why COD4 won't be a WWII game, because most players are sick of the same thing, hence the relatively poor sales and review scores of COD3 compared to the second one.

It's not like it was simply the setting that made the game fun before, anyways. It was the action and the gameplay, all that will stay the same, just with a new and exciting, and much needed, change in tone and setting.

There's still going to be an assload of WWII games for all your Nazi killing needs. But COD games have always attempted to stay relatively fresh, so this change shouldn't really shock any followers of the franchise.

I don't see it as boring...repetitive? yes..boring? no. WWII games are becoming like all those fighting games from the 90's. Remenber how many of those were made and only a few stood above? The issue isn't the genre of the game. It's how the gameplays dictates. I'm sure they could use some new ideas but that could also cause a even worse decline in the genre.... too many ideas implemented in the genre could lead to a clash.

As you said there are too many WWII games but there is also quite a few good ones. Keep in mind what I said..the genre isn't the problem. The problem is how the game is made. I'm sure a few tweaks here and a few tweaks there and WWII games would be much more appreciated.

Plus, it may not be permanent. Maybe after COD4 they'll return to the WWII setting. Who knows.

Yup, it may not be permanent, they got very good recognition for COD 2.

BackFire
That's a good comparison, WD. It is like the fighting games of the 90's, and look where the two series that led that genre are now, both more or less into the realm of mediocrity. The new MK games are average at best, and Street Fighter, well, there hasn't been a new street fighter in a long while. This happened because of a lack of innovation, neither one wanted to try something new until it was already too late.

With COD4, they're doing something new, changing what needs to be changed. And even if it's only a temporary change, it will give them the time they need to think of some new missions for COD5 beyond "Go into this burning building and do some stuff then go rush this beach", if they do decide to go back to WWII.

COD2 did get great recognition, because it was doing some new things, it wasn't just a lazy rehash of the predecessor, like COD3 was. COD4 will be like COD2, in that it will be doing some new things, and by the time they go back to WWII they will have some new, fresh ideas so that their sequels don't just feel like lengthy expansion packs.

Smasandian
Same here, I dont mind WII games and I love COD games, but its getting boring because its repetitive.

How many times do I have clear out a building or a bunker, or how many times I have to be quiet and sneak around, only to have an scripted event happen, and then MG nests blasting all around you. Then how many times do have to flank them to clear them out, and then take that position and then have another scripted event happen, then have a timer to tell you that you have 5 minutes till reinforcements, and then the crazy amount of enemies come at you, and then endless supply of teammates to help you out.....and then that crappy SAS sneaking mission thrown in thiere, oh wait!!! I have to blow up a bridge, or railway, and then jump in this car and fight off the Germans, and watch out for the Tiger tank. Then dont forget the sniping mission in Stalingrad, and oh I have to call out artillary.

I just basically summed up the whole series right there. It needed a change gameplay wise and an modern setting would be cool, but hopefully they still change something or anything...because if its the same COD game, but with colt carbines and modern weaponary and Arabs instead of germans....its still going to be boring.

COD, and COD 2 were awesome. COD3 was forgettable. I dont even remember what missions go to each game. It's all a blur.

WrathfulDwarf
That's a good comparison, WD. It is like the fighting games of the 90's, and look where the two series that led that genre are now, both more or less into the realm of mediocrity. The new MK games are average at best, and Street Fighter, well, there hasn't been a new street fighter in a long while. This happened because of a lack of innovation, neither one wanted to try something new until it was already too late.

With COD4, they're doing something new, changing what needs to be changed. And even if it's only a temporary change, it will give them the time they need to think of some new missions for COD5 beyond "Go into this burning building and do some stuff then go rush this beach", if they do decide to go back to WWII.

COD2 did get great recognition, because it was doing some new things, it wasn't just a lazy rehash of the predecessor, like COD3 was. COD4 will be like COD2, in that it will be doing some new things, and by the time they go back to WWII they will have some new, fresh ideas so that their sequels don't just feel like lengthy expansion packs.

I'm glad you see my comparison between fighting and WWII games. It's not about where the two main games end it up...it's how it help evolved the genre. If there wasn't a Street Fighter or MK there probaby would not been a Soul Calibur or a Killer Instinct.

That's what I want you to understand. Despite the amount of genetic WWII games produce...eventually the genre will evolve games into a fresher and more fun experience. Sure, there will be hit and misses but eventually there will be a WWII game that is going to hit one out of the ballpark.

I'm all for changes and new approaches. I'm sure COD4 will bring something fun and interesting. However, I'm hoping they don't leave the genre behind and move onto something else.

BackFire
I actually think that it would be cool if the COD series would have time in all of the main wars. Like, after this one, they could make a game about Vietnam, and so on.

Then they could go back to WWII if/when they have more ideas beyond their current architecture.

Smasandian
I do not know how any WWII games can evolve anymore, outside of more realistic environments.

What else could they do to refresh the series in the WW2 setting?

_____a
Damn i cant wait, the ww2 stuff is getting old

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by K73SK
already another one? amazing speed of making video games...they made 2 of them after halo2, and both were done before another halo could come out...i wonder if the 4th will make it b4 halo3....

While Treyarch was making CoD3, IW was working on CoD4, so it's been a work-in-progress for a while.

RaventheOnly
They really need to switch from somethign else other then WWII _ . _ i never played the first but i can only imagine how monotonous it would be. Just like Medal of Honor.

BackFire
The first Call of Duty was actually quite new and unique for its time. The best WWII game by far, IMO.

RaventheOnly
Thats what i heard to but when you get to the third its jsut like medal of honor, the first was awesome but by the third it was like the same story with Nazis in a different country stick out tongue

General G
The first Call of Duty was actually quite new and unique for its time. The best WWII game by far, IMO.

I agree, I absolutely loved it.

General G
Well, I just downloaded the trailer off of xbox live today and I must say, to me so far, it is a rent only game, it looks pretty much the same as Tom Clancy's killing of the Mexicans in all of his games. Although the graphics looks awesome.

Smasandian
I'm assuming its going to be Call of Duty modernized.

Which aint bad at all because I'm getting sick and tired of playing realistic games.

I want to play a game like Call of Duty with sweet modern guns and crazy intense battles with shit going off all around you. Kinda of like Call of Duty. But its probably an rent, but I might actually buy it on the PC...because I love CoD MP on the PC and hopefully its the same type of game.

WrathfulDwarf
Multiplayer Trailer:

4ONIHeKcHQc

ragesRemorse
finaly shooting through walls isnt just a glitch smile

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
finaly shooting through walls isnt just a glitch smile

I was thinking the same thing!

After all these years, finally they incorporated shooting through walls. About time.

pinkfloydkor
just saw 5 minutes of actual gameplay, and when it ended I was honestly upset that I didnt get to see what happened, it looks really amazing

and yeah, the WWII setting got extremly old, i was mad when i found out CoD 3 was still there, even though it was an awesome game

this new place looks awesome

General G
It doesn't look that bad, I do like the shooting through walls, a very nice touch. I will most likely give this a rent.

InnerRise
I liked the Live Gameplay we got to see at E3 with them men covered in Grassy like camouflage and the guy speaking to you in that O'Connery voice.

The other footage I've seen of you running around gunning and the plane crashing down and the night vision didn't appeal to me at all. Just like other war games. If the majority of the game is like we saw at E3 then I'd happily get this game, the atmosphere was very intense.

I was actually kind of on the edge of my seat at the part where they're right by this gate/fence and their in the shadows and a Helicopter is coming by and the guy says something along the lines of "A Helicopter....GET DOWN!!!....In the shadows....."

For some reason I love that part. Very good voice acting probably has a lot to do with why I loved it as well.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Smasandian
Game looks amazing.

I love Call of Duty games, SP and MP combined. Just love it.

One question I have is should I get this on the PC with less graphics, or the XBOX 360 with inferior control scheme?

General G
I always liked COD's control scheme on the 360, very easy to maneauver in my opinion. And I was never too fond of the MP for COD, any of them.

Smasandian
It's not as good as mouse and keyboard I hate to say.

I like shooters on the 360 because I find thier is a difference between an PC shooter and an 360 shooter. Dont ask me what it is, could be that I am insane, but I always find PC shooters more rewarding, unique and better experiences.

The only great experience I have had on the console has been Goldeneye.

On the other hand, playing Half Life, COD, Far Cry and AVP2 blew completely away. I havnt had that type of experience on consoles.

Smasandian
So, I've been playing the beta for a couple of hours, and its amazing.

The graphics are top notch, it still feels like COD but modernized, but its still a fun experience. For a beta, its incredibly polished.

Mairuzu
Finally! I hate using the same damn guns, SOCOM was an awesome game so im hoping this would be too, even tho socom wasnt exactly a fps...

Smasandian
The game is like Call of Duty and I was feeling very much at home. Something about the mechanics of Call of Duty make the gunplay just so rewarding.

Something about sprinting between haystacks getting popped shot by a couple of guys stationed in a barn, seeing a guy run toward me, popping up my sights and do a couple of bursts to get him down, and then hitting the stack while crouched while bullets are pinging everywhere and spraying debris. Then popping out and before my eyes I see an jet letting lose some carpet bombing killing everybody in the building. Something about makes it so fun. It's basically like playing when you were 10 with plastic ministicks (mini hockey sticks) and pretending they were guns and your spongy ball was an grenade.

It's a blast.

What I really like though is how each material in the game can be shot through. Some games do this, but I havnt seen it this good in MP before. It's like a movie on where the bad guy starts spraying the walls after you meet against an enemy.

Mišt
I cant wait for multiplayer on this, I was watching the beta preview video from IGN, those airstrikes look killer fun.

How big is the beta and where do you get it?

Discos
sorry for sounding alot like a noob....but whats a BETA? a demo?

Smasandian
A beta is basically the developers giving a certian amount of people a chance to play online with pretty much the final game.

It's to weed out problems like balancing, net code and shit like that. It's also a good way to promote the game.

Mist, I signed up the website, hit the enter beta button when they allowed Canada to join, and then the next day I got a email with the code to redeem in Live, and downloaded it.

It's three maps and you can play all modes. The level capped the ranks at 11, but you can pretty much unlock alot of choices for your custom class.

AstroFan
Anyone here have the Beta, I got in and I am gonna play tonight, could use some friends with it. stick out tongue

Estacado
Originally posted by AstroFan
Anyone here have the Beta, I got in and I am gonna play tonight, could use some friends with it. stick out tongue
I'm still waiting for my mail from that "CharlieDelta" site.....ermm

AstroFan
Hmmm. confused

I got a activation code from Gamespot.com and downloaded it in a day.

Estacado
Hmmm. confused

I got a activation code from Gamespot.com and downloaded it in a day.
I got mine from Eurogamer then I registered at the Charlie Delta site and they said they will send a mail.....that was yesterday..ermm

Smasandian

Yah man, I got the beta about two weeks ago.

Gamertag is Smasandian. I'll can probably play all tomorrow.

Impediment
Multiplayer Trailer:

4ONIHeKcHQc

That's an M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) in the trailer. Looks ****ing schweet! Why the carrying handle is up, I have no idea. (That's just me being anal retentive, since I'm ex-Army.)

Vinny Valentine
When's release date?

Smasandian
Nov 5th.

General G
Damn, this game looks amazing.

AstroFan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yah man, I got the beta about two weeks ago.

Gamertag is Smasandian. I'll can probably play all tomorrow.

Sweet. cool

I played for about an hour last night, it was pretty cool. A lot more fast paced than I thought.

Mišt
PC beta? weep

AstroFan
Only 360 I believe.

General G
That's a shame.

Estacado
w00tw00t
I just got my beta key!!!!

Superboy Prime
Call of Duty will pawn come november.

God damn it...CoD4 AND Mass Effect in the same month. death to social life.

Blax_Hydralisk
Oh yeah this game! This is that game that you kill Nazi's in, right?

Or was that the third one? Or the second one?

EDIT- Or is this the new one with modern combat? *checks* It is. Great!

Estacado
Damn ,this game is really good! The only thing that I don't like is that if you add a scope to any of the weapons they will have the same accuracy....
Also will they reset the ranks when the full version comes out?

Smasandian
Yeah, they will. I'm assuming, but if the beta is the correct way of things being done for MP, its super easy to rank in this game.

I had no trouble getting to rank 11 in the first couple of hours.

And adding scopes doesnt affect the different guns accuracy. If your using an m16, or an Carbine, the scope doesnt change anything.

Estacado
Yeah, they will. I'm assuming, but if the beta is the correct way of things being done for MP, its super easy to rank in this game.

I had no trouble getting to rank 11 in the first couple of hours.

And adding scopes doesnt affect the different guns accuracy. If your using an m16, or an Carbine, the scope doesnt change anything.
Funny cause when I took the the m60 with red dot enhancment from a guy it had the same accuracy as the m16 with red dot.

Smasandian
Well, I didnt see a difference.

Estacado
Well, I didnt see a difference.
Maybe I'm wrong....

Smasandian
Or maybe I am.

It could be true because Call of Duty has never been about realism.

It's what I call puesdo realism on where you use real events, or real guns but its arcadey.

Mišt
PC demo w00tw00t

http://files.filefront.com/Call+of+Duty+4+Modern+Warfare+Demo/;8774322;/fileinfo.html

WrathfulDwarf
Bioshock, Halo 3, Orange Box....talk about a busy holiday season...

Smasandian
Tell me about it.

It's going to be worst when I get my new computer and have all the new PC games at the same time.

Crysis, COD4, Stalker, Orange Box, World In Conflict, Far Cry 2.....yesh....especially considering 3 out of those games have wicked MP games.

WrathfulDwarf
I still have to get some games for my DS. No way, I'm gonna be bored during the holidays.

Smasandian
Or being bored in the summer either.

Lana
On the off-chance that any of you guys live near any of these stores, check this out...

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/cod4ftp/default.asp

Get to play the game early and meet the developers and stuff like that. Pretty neat.

Mairuzu
soon!

Smasandian
Tried the demo.

Damn fun and crazy.

Same Call of Duty gameplay though, but I have no problem with that because the modern setting changes it up a bit. That Javelin thing is totally badass.

Mairuzu
when is the release date again? im too lazy to check sad

Smasandian
A couple of weeks on a tuesday.

Mairuzu
sweets

Joe K
MP Demo was fun clapping

Mairuzu
so.. today or tomorrow? eh? eh?

BackFire
Tomorrow mostly, some stores may have it today.

FistOfThe North
Can't wait for C.O.D. 4 for the 360. it's gonna be better than Halo and BioShock combined maybe..

I'll pick it up during my lunch break.

Blax_Hydralisk
Or.. maybe it'll just be Call of Duty 1,2,3 with modern weapons.

Smasandian
Pretty much.

It's still a heck of alot of fun.

AstroFan
So whos on tonight? stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
To Anyone who got the game...

Is it really 5 hrs long on medium difficulty?

ermm

Estacado
Halo 3 got a better rating from IGN then Cod 4. no expression

FistOfThe North
Yeah, just picked "COD4" up. I also reserved "Assassin's Creed" (which to my surprise comes out next week according the the cashier) and "Mass Effect".

I also renewed my Game-Informer subscription. (12 issues for 14 bucks)

They gave me the same issue i already had at home (even though said twice that i didn't need it) they insisted so i took it and just saw some guy outside the store and said, "hey, want a Game-Informer magazine?" He took it and said "cool! thanks!" I then raced back to work while wishing I was racing home to play this game.

Smasandian
To Anyone who got the game...

Is it really 5 hrs long on medium difficulty?

ermm

I havnt heared anything about that.

I read the reviews from 1up and I dont think they mentioned it.
They did say to play the game on medium because on hard, its really hard but the game is heavily scripted so during "COD events" you know exactly where guys come from.

((The_Anomaly))
IGN said it was 5 to 6 hours in single player and to add an hour or two onto that in hard no expression

I hope the multiplayer is amazing as hell....

InnerRise
Wow.

Definitely won't be getting this game.

Not worth it........until a number of years into the future when the price has DRASTICALLY DROPPED.....and maybe not even then.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

AstroFan
Ok. ermm

I just picked up the collectors edition, now I just have to survive the next 5 hours of work. roll eyes (sarcastic)

InnerRise
Enjoy that. haermm

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

FistOfThe North
Ok. ermm

I just picked up the collectors edition, now I just have to survive the next 5 hours of work. roll eyes (sarcastic)

2-1/2 hrs left for me. Can't wait.

BackFire
This game's awesome. Graphics are amazing, pretty stunning that the game looks so good while running at 60 fps, makes you wonder why other games that look worse can't run like this (Halo 3).

AstroFan
Cheap shot. stick out tongue

ONE MORE HOUR!!! big grin

You playing live backfire?

BackFire
I tried it for a like one game. It was good but I sucked, I want to finish the campaign first.

AstroFan
Shouldnt take long. stick out tongue

I probably wont get into the campaign until the weekend, unless none of my friends are playing it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Estacado
Imo the campaign is pretty difficult sometimes even on normal because of the enemy is throwing granades at you all the time.

BackFire
I agree, even with the grenade cursor they still end up killing me.

FistOfThe North
So I played Call of Duty 4 and I must say, i like it. The gameplay's really good. It has the best intro i've ever seen in a video game ever.

COD4 is the best modern war video game i've played since "Battlefield 2" for the PC. I love the infrared capability. The obstacle course at the beginning was just to addictive to let go of. But after trying it almost 2 dozen times i finally got down to 19 secs (pick up an achievement too, to my surprise.) I found my self really immersed in the game like no other game I played in a while. It has high replay value. I'm playing it on hardened just to spice it up as well. I don't want to beat it too fast. This is a game you savor.

The graphics are sick. It's frameworks are sick. Imo, the visuals are superior to Halo 3's visuals and better than Bioshock's graphics. Gears of Wars graphics are still a notch above Call of Duty 4, imo, but i still very much appreciate the games graphics.

I give COD4 a:

Cause it still reminded me to much of the old Call of Duty games which i loved but have grown tired of.

Smasandian
Bah!!!

After reading the reviews, I dont know if I should buy this for the 360, or eventually wait for my new computer in March..........

ragesRemorse
Its a nice change of pace in the world of modern war fps's. As incredible as ghost recon 2 advanced warfighter is. It lacks the pace that co4 offers. This is great game. I dont even mind dying from constantantly from grenades

BackFire
Beat it tonight. Really really solid game. A very frustrating segment towards the end -- an 11 minute sequence without any checkpoint at all, and it's timed. Dunno what they were thinking, there, but whatever. The rest was grand. Short though.

Estacado
I think it would be better if you could add more the 1 plus to your weapon.....Like in the singlepayer you have that m4a1 with laser dot and granade launcher.

FistOfThe North
Beat it tonight. Really really solid game. A very frustrating segment towards the end -- an 11 minute sequence without any checkpoint at all, and it's timed. Dunno what they were thinking, there, but whatever. The rest was grand. Short though. `

What'd you beat it on?

I'm playing it on hardened. It gets kinda frustrating dying 9 times in a row in the same segment but i find it elongates the game for me and sharpens me for online battle beside adding more to my dollar.

Impediment
I plan to buy it Saturday. I'm excited.

BackFire
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
`

What'd you beat it on?

I'm playing it on hardened. It gets kinda frustrating dying 9 times in a row in the same segment but i find it elongates the game for me and sharpens me for online battle beside adding more to my dollar.

I played it on normal, and it was still rather hard. I think 90% of my deaths were from grenades.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
`

What'd you beat it on?

I'm also playing it on hardened, but I find it rather easy..

Mairuzu
Waiting for this chopper on hardened is pissing me off.. almost impossible

Impediment
I got this game today. I love it. It's too awesome.

Impediment
I just got finished playing the Wildfire mission, where you are the gunnner on the aircraft firing from the thermal vision cam giving air support to the SAS boys. It was too cool!

Mišt
Just got it today, cant wait to get into multiplayer.

Impediment
I just beat the game on regular today. Awesome experience, even if the game is a little short. The replay value, though, is high.

My favorite missions are "Death from Above" and "All Ghillied Up" by far.

Impediment
I'm currently a Sergeant while in online play. It's totally addicting. F*ck Halo. I'd pick this COD 4 over that overrated game anyday.

BackFire
This game has the best multiplayer of any game on the 360, I think. It combines the worrying and overwhelming addiction of RPG's, wanting to keep playing so you can make your 'character' stronger, and the fast, visceral, exciting fps gameplay. It does both extremely well and the combination is insanely fun.

StrawberryClock
Finished the game earlier. Honestly, it was not my favorite of the series.

Estacado
Originally posted by Impediment
It's totally addicting. F*ck Halo. I'd pick this COD 4 over that overrated game anyday.
Agreed.

Mišt
48 player online, no lag, full graphics...best multiplayer I've ever played.

Impediment

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Mišt
48 player online, no lag, full graphics...best multiplayer I've ever played.

Niice, I'm definitley checking this game out soon, even though I didn't like the others.(Of course I never played online)

I don't know if it can beat Halo 3 for me since 1) My friends don't play COD4. 2) I like it better when things aren't realistic.

But 48 players, sounds friggen awesome.

Mairuzu
The online multiplayer is way more fun then halo 3 online imo

Mišt
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Niice, I'm definitley checking this game out soon, even though I didn't like the others.(Of course I never played online)

I don't know if it can beat Halo 3 for me since 1) My friends don't play COD4. 2) I like it better when things aren't realistic.

But 48 players, sounds friggen awesome.

Im on PC btw, not sure what console is, think I read 32 player somewhere?

I dont understand the weapon unlocks though, you basically start with the best gun and unlock....worse ones. Less accurate, less damage, less range, less rate of fire....I was expecting to unlock good stuff. Still havent played single player yet.

Smasandian
Yeah, the M16 is a pretty damn good gun.

In the Beta, I never used the carbine, in which I use exclusively when I play BF2.

But it is essential to unlock the red dot.

Estacado
RPD with a scope is pretty much the most powerful and useful gun for short and long range you only need to tap the fire button 2 times and there will be no recoil and you will kill the enemy for sure.I think they should have made it possible to attach more then just one thing to the weapons I really wanted to try that M4A1 which you use at the level where you have to protect the "war pig".

Admiral Akbar
I'm currently a Sergeant while in online play. It's totally addicting. F*ck Halo. I'd pick this COD 4 over that overrated game anyday.

So would I, I hate Halo. I'm currently a Colonel in COD4. smile

Impediment
I just made E-8 (Master Sergeant).

Now I can use claymores and I have new perks.

Goddamn, I love this game.

Mišt
Act 2 is frustrating the hell out of me another-bunny So many timed missions, so much pressure to get from point A to point B, so many restarts...gah!

Estacado
Am I the only one who has lag issues?Since I got the Over Kill perk with which you can carry 2 primary weapons I have a sniper...... and pretty often when I shoot someone in the head or chest he doesn't die......

Shadow_King
so are you just in the middle east, do you go to other places?

Neo Darkhalen
Good game, Good game.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Shadow_King
so are you just in the middle east, do you go to other places?

You play in the middle east and Russia in campaign.

Impediment
The flashback sniper mission is, by far, my favorite mission.

Darth Hord
The flashback sniper mission is, by far, my favorite mission.

That was good level even though it took me like 5 tries to get pass the tank patrol. sad

Outbound
I know what was with that! Took ages for me to get past...

Just finished Act 3 a few days ago, it was over pretty quickly I thought..I liked the end, was a bit of a shock to see Gaz get shot in the head I liked him sad

Played a 54 player map the other day, crazy fun.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Outbound
I know what was with that! Took ages for me to get past...

Just finished Act 3 a few days ago, it was over pretty quickly I thought..I liked the end, was a bit of a shock to see Gaz get shot in the head I liked him sad

Played a 54 player map the other day, crazy fun.

I really want to do that, so far I have played FFA,team death match,search and destroy,team hardcore and headquarters. But my 360 broke yesterday when I was playing Call of Duty 4 actually. sad

Outbound
I havent played anything besides team deathmatch, but those big servers dont come up much.

Darth Hord
I can't stand that if the host quits the game ends, I had that happened when I was dominating in FFA,and my 360 works again idk how but it does so im so happy I don't have to call that stupid tech support number.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Darth Hord
I really want to do that, so far I have played FFA,team death match,search and destroy,team hardcore and headquarters. But my 360 broke yesterday when I was playing Call of Duty 4 actually. sad

Was it the Red Ring of Death?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Was it the Red Ring of Death?

It froze 2 times when I was online then yes I did have the ring of death about 2 times when I tried to restart but I woke up this morning turned it on a I was able to get to the xbox live screen without it freezing which is what kept happening yesterday.

Neo Darkhalen
Well that is good news, but you best looking out It may happen again, curse the vile RROD, it has made many a gamer distraught thought it's sinister and devious ways.

Lets hope it never returns.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Well that is good news, but you best looking out It may happen again, curse the vile RROD, it has made many a gamer distraught thought it's sinister and devious ways.

Lets hope it never returns.

It returned after playing a little bit of halo I went on cod 4 then it happened so thinking it might be the disc I went on halo 3 (after difficulty getting on that) it froze. But thank god my brother just bought himself a 360 so I can still share with him. And just got the barret 50 cal. the best sniper rifle in the game. So as long as my brother's works on good.

HolyMoly
I want to get the Barret too, but actually i am rank 36.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>