WWH: What a stupid way to start a crossover

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grimm22
I don't know if anyone else picked up the latest issue of the Incredible Hulk this week, but it was basically the kickoff to World War Hulk, and man was it just plain out stupid.

Seriously, Hulk and his pals decide to go and start tinkering around with his ship and guess what happens? Yep, they do something stupid with it and it blows up, which leads to the destruction of the tectonic plates (sure?), and essentially the entire planet is destroyed

In the process, Hulk loses his new wife, 97% of the planet's population and apparently grows stronger because the nature of the blast was nuclear or something

So after all of this, Hulk and his friends don't say like "Whoa, we're a bunch of monster savages, why the hell were we tinkering with such advanced technology", they do the predictable thing and say "YAR, its all the humans faults!"

So basically Hulk is now leading his friends to earth, to basically destroy it for his mistakes

Seriously, Hulk is going to be the Iron Man of this year. Because he isn't just going out to beat up the Illumniati, he's basically going to wipe out the human race

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Grimm22
I don't know if anyone else picked up the latest issue of the Incredible Hulk this week, but it was basically the kickoff to World War Hulk, and man was it just plain out stupid.

Seriously, Hulk and his pals decide to go and start tinkering around with his ship and guess what happens? Yep, they do something stupid with it and it blows up, which leads to the destruction of the tectonic plates (sure?), and essentially the entire planet is destroyed

In the process, Hulk loses his new wife, 97% of the planet's population and apparently grows stronger because the nature of the blast was nuclear or something

So after all of this, Hulk and his friends don't say like "Whoa, we're a bunch of monster savages, why the hell were we tinkering with such advanced technology", they do the predictable thing and say "YAR, its all the humans faults!"

So basically Hulk is now leading his friends to earth, to basically destroy it for his mistakes

Seriously, Hulk is going to be the Iron Man of this year. Because he isn't just going out to beat up the Illumniati, he's basically going to wipe out the human race scans of the specific said stupidity?

Grimm22

NiņoAraņa
Its, just the entire concept the issue left out on, not the issue itself

The entire fact that Hulk is supposed to be "the good guy" here, is a joke o, ok.

TricksterPriest
I still want scans of the issue. whistle

Black Adam
Didn't have a problem with it and I can't wait for WWH.

Lucid Lui
Who ever said Hulk's the good guy in all this?

He has reasons for what he's doing, sure. So do alot of villains.

Badabing
The Hulk will be dealing out a reckoning to all the puny humans! durfist

Mider999
marvel got lazy on the story, i could imagine the red ring or whoever hulks enemy was messing with the hulk's ship and having it destroy everyone, in act of vengence, then the hulk is just totally sick and tired of all thats happend and remebers all the crap the illuminati and humans in general put him through and thus has nothing to lose anymore thus he comes home to kick everyones butt.

Scoobless
Hulk and his pals decide to go and start tinkering around with his ship and guess what happens? Yep, they do something stupid with it and it blows up

What the f**k?

That is not even remotely close to what happened .... did you even read Hulk #104?

The ship was moved and the message on it was played ... that's all, then, later, the warp core breached and it exploded ... no-one was "tinkering" with anything ... it was probably already damaged from when it crashed into the freakin' planet.

Hulk didn't even know that the ship had been moved until he saw it displayed in the middle of the town as a monument to him:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/2051/incrediblehulk104021vr4.th.jpg http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/49/incrediblehulk104022mx7.th.jpg http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/263/incrediblehulk104023mb5.th.jpg http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/38/incrediblehulk104024ux9.th.jpg

NiņoAraņa
yeah, i think that it was pretty good......

Validus
I bet Hulk wouldn't like you lying about him Grimm. no

zbucsz
goddamn human's i hope hulk rips just riped earth a new one

UniOmni
I'm so mad that Caeira died.

Nobody can have a family but Reed Richards and Spiderman?!

FUKK YOU MARVEL!

Disappear
i haven't been following planet hulk, but it really seems like it was the last idea thrown together in the illuminati-planet hulk-world war hulk line. first they're like "yeah, let's have the hulk kicked off of the planet, and eventually he'll come back and tear shit up. but what should we do in the meantime? maroon him on some unheard of planet where he accidentally becomes king and conqueror, but then have it all blown to shit so we have a reason for him to come home? eh..."

just seems like a stupid basis for a story, in my opinion. oh look, the hulk's on another planet where he marries some chick he just met and beats up the silver surfer and then the planet blows up. big ****in' deal. i plan to completely ignore the entire concept and just pretend he was chillin' in a hole in iraq the entire time he was gone.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Scoobless
What the f**k?

That is not even remotely close to what happened .... did you even read Hulk #104?

The ship was moved and the message on it was played ... that's all, then, later, the warp core breached and it exploded ... no-one was "tinkering" with anything ... it was probably already damaged from when it crashed into the freakin' planet.

Hulk didn't even know that the ship had been moved until he saw it displayed in the middle of the town as a monument to him:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/2051/incrediblehulk104021vr4.th.jpg http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/49/incrediblehulk104022mx7.th.jpg http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/263/incrediblehulk104023mb5.th.jpg http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/38/incrediblehulk104024ux9.th.jpg

*Goes and Checks issues*

embarrasment

Whoops stick out tongue

Looks like I missed 104 big grin

But, still I mean the guy wants to kill all, humans, I think thats out of the line

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
I bet Hulk wouldn't like you lying about him Grimm. no

Well thats what he gets for beating the Thing so many times stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
*Goes and Checks issues*

embarrasment

Whoops stick out tongue

Looks like I missed 104 big grin

But, still I mean the guy wants to kill all, humans, I think thats out of the line Dude... have you ever been in a rage... if you have then imagine it tenfold and imagine the fact that you actually have the worst temper in the galaxy. Do you really think rationally?

It's not exactly out of line in his mind.

long pig
It's an okay story.....if not a bit cliche. Hulk's life being destroyed is one of comic's only constants, it's what his character is based on.

It's happened to him 50 times in the past.

What I don't understand is what kind of power ups did he get that makes him a threat to the Illuminati....and how the hell did he take Black Bolt's yell and not even get a scratch?

Grimm22
I donno, I think this was all set up by Meek and the Brood

Look at the end of #103, where Meek says that he wished that there was another war to fight or something, then they accidentally turn on the ship or something.

I don't know I have a feeling there may be a conspiricy

Grimm22
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Dude... have you ever been in a rage... if you have then imagine it tenfold and imagine the fact that you actually have the worst temper in the galaxy. Do you really think rationally?

It's not exactly out of line in his mind.

True

However, I think he'll come to his senses in the end and see that these aliens he's leading back to earth are actually evil (for the most part) and he'll just end up killing them and going off and being a loner again

And if he doesn't then we're going to see Thor come back and rip him in half cool

grey fox
The whole WWH thing is a waste of talent and ideas.

Planet Hulk was a pretty good Storyline , not Annihilation good per-say , but still better then what Hulks been churning out for the last couple of years (Chased by MIB rip-offs who can't die..wtf !). They then shit on the entire storyline just so 'Hulk can be angry as hell' and smash earth up.

Boring.

What WOULD have been better is the explosion happening as...oh say a time linked failsafe put their by stark. "We can't have you living now ...can we ? " . Hulk jumps in front to take the blast and somehow absorbs ALL OF IT. He'd step out , twitching and literally glowing from all then energy he absorbed and pauses.

"They tried to kill us...my...wife....my...friends.....the humans.......PUNY HUMANS !!!!!! "

The issue would end with Hulk screaming up at the sky mad as hell.

He'd then literally invade earth with his mixed Alien Armada and work his way across the planet from there.

UniOmni
Annihilation was generic crap, and a lame throwback to the 60's scifi era.

Planet Hulk was consistently good.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by grey fox
The whole WWH thing is a waste of talent and ideas.

Planet Hulk was a pretty good Storyline , not Annihilation good per-say , but still better then what Hulks been churning out for the last couple of years (Chased by MIB rip-offs who can't die..wtf !). They then shit on the entire storyline just so 'Hulk can be angry as hell' and smash earth up.

Boring.

What WOULD have been better is the explosion happening as...oh say a time linked failsafe put their by stark. "We can't have you living now ...can we ? " . Hulk jumps in front to take the blast and somehow absorbs ALL OF IT. He'd step out , twitching and literally glowing from all then energy he absorbed and pauses.

"They tried to kill us...my...wife....my...friends.....the humans.......PUNY HUMANS !!!!!! "

The issue would end with Hulk screaming up at the sky mad as hell.

He'd then literally invade earth with his mixed Alien Armada and work his way across the planet from there.

That would have been so awesome! Better reason to go after earth anyway.

Mider999
i just wanna see how he handles the illuminati, he's gotten a power up cause of the warp drive explosion thus he's absorbed more power, and he's probably more mad then he's ever been in his life.

WrathfulDwarf
Just a second....

Are DC And Marvel sharing the same brain?

This sounds awfully familiar to BA in 52.

WTF?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Just a second....

Are DC And Marvel sharing the same brain?

This sounds awfully familiar to BA in 52.

WTF?

Maybe there's an amalgam version of Marvel and DC's Editors? 313

xmeat
wwhulk will show you'll once and for all hulk>>>>superman and DD

haaahaaaahaaa

CasanoVa
Originally posted by xmeat
wwhulk will show you'll once and for all hulk>>>>superman and DD

haaahaaaahaaa

You're such a loser.

xmeat
Originally posted by CasanoVa
im such a loser. yeah but hulks isn't ahaaaahaa

CasanoVa
Originally posted by xmeat
yeah but hulks isn't ahaaaahaa

Right, let me rephrase that.. You're such a sad, idiotic loser.

I pity you.

OT= I have loved Planet Hulk, the writing has been superb Pak has a really good hold on Hulk. The only problem now is WWH which will get all the raging Hulk fanboys (like xmeat) aroused because of the hole thing being a huge wank-fest. Let's not over-look the fact Hulk had to be powered up to come to earth and stand a change against the Illumaniti. Definetly one of the better runs on Hulk for a long while IMO.

Validus
Why are Spider-Man, Cyclops, and Tigra on the Hit List? confused

Black Adam
Originally posted by UniOmni
Annihilation was generic crap, and a lame throwback to the 60's scifi era.

Annihilation was awesome.

Grinning Goku
I still can't believe Hulk is really gonna beat Black Bolt. I'm sad now.sad

xmeat
yes he's >>>>>>>superman and doomsday aaaaahaaaahaaa

zbucsz
If hulk was a drink i would freeze him and ice skate on him in the winter and in the spring when he melts we can drink him lol i just watched beerfest

phillipan
Why IS Tigra on Hulks hit list???

zbucsz
Y not?

Board Walker
The only issue I may pick up, is when Hulk (if) fights Ironman.

I hope Hulk destroys Ironman.

Mider999
in an upcoming iron man issue it shows him punching iron mans head off its probably a robot.

spidey-dude
how is that a crossover ? i didnt see any DC characters on those scans

UniOmni
Right, let me rephrase that.. You're such a sad, idiotic loser.

I pity you.

OT= I have loved Planet Hulk, the writing has been superb Pak has a really good hold on Hulk. The only problem now is WWH which will get all the raging Hulk fanboys (like xmeat) aroused because of the hole thing being a huge wank-fest. Let's not over-look the fact Hulk had to be powered up to come to earth and stand a change against the Illumaniti. Definetly one of the better runs on Hulk for a long while IMO.

Hulk didn't have to be powered up to fight the Illuminati.
He's basically been a shadow of his former self the entire time he was on Sakaar.
I look at it like he's basically back to his levels before he hit planetside.

And Annihilation was buttjuice hardened and printed.
Crappy art? Check.
Lackluster characters taking up too much space? Check.
Poor handling of other characters, and just flatout stupidity? Check.
Missed oppurtunities to flesh out Galactus, and cosmic gods? Check.

The ache in my heart from people who sop up and devour the trash Marvel is giving the public? insurmountable.

I swear i thought my Annihilation was a joke copy. I really did.

I just knew Marvel didn't print that bs out and expect people to purchase it.

MAKE MINES TORRENTS@!

manjaro
annhilation was ok to me...it didnt knock my socks off but it was still good. planet hulk was awesome too..by my count hulk has had two official upgrades..one just b4 he left earth when he absorbed that gamma bomb that hydra was f ****ing with out in the desert, and he beat the shit outta the thing, and this new explosion gave him more gamma rays.. that made him "the strongest one there is...the only one there is" so his levels should be cosmic -like when he touches down. i would even strecth it and say that he has had three upgrades cuz during his time on sakaar he actually learned how to "fight"..in melee combat, and with edged weapons rather than just plain old smashing stuff....curious tho im wondering if he's gonna shout BETTTYYYYY!!!! anymore or is it gonna be OLLLDDSTRONGGGG!!!!!

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by spidey-dude
how is that a crossover ? i didnt see any DC characters on those scans no expression

*cough*

anyhow, i liked it.....it wasn't bad, just....i mean they rushed it a lil i guess

Grimm22
This is what I WANT to happen:

Hulk comes back and litterly KILLS heroes.

His army starts mass genocide around the earth

After a week, more than half the earth's population is gone

Most of the heroes on earth are dead (Iron Man, the FF, the Avengers, ect..)

Now the remaining ones are hiding out in Atlantis, with Namor, who is setting up a plan to take back the planet

After they try and fail, a small band of characters (winter soldier, kitty pryde, Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom) are the last ones left

This last group decides that their last hope to restore what has happened is to find the cosmic cube and reverse the damage.

Hulk makes a deal with Dormorru to help stop them, knowing he himself stands no hope against Strange

After finally tracking down Cube, Dormorru sabotages the group and Strange is killed in the battle, but manages to save the rest of the team

When they finally find the cube, Hulk is there to stop them. After killing Bucky, Hulk is seemingly killed by Kitty who in turn sacrificed herself to do so.

However, Hulk manages to destroy the cosmic cube before he does, and the remains of the cube are now only left with enough power for one task, and Doom is left with the choice to give himself ultimate power or restore what was done.

Doom decides to restore the universe the way it was, saying it would be too easy to take over the universe this way

I donno, this just one way I think it would be awesome

Another way would be Cap returning and killing Hulk or something

Priest
Doom FanBoy^ sly

Validus
No. I hate stories like that where of ton of huge things happen only to be reversed in the last issue like nothing happened. Makes the whole thing pointless.

Grimm22
No. I hate stories like that where of ton of huge things happen only to be reversed in the last issue like nothing happened. Makes the whole thing pointless.

You mean like Infinity Gauntlet shifty

I donno, I just want to see a story which gets Marvel back on track

Not just some stupid book where Hulk fights a bunch of guys and thats it

UniOmni

Cosigned.

Must be lasting ripples.

Validus
A book that gets Marvel back on track sure won't be one with the central focus on Hulk.

But I do agree. Hulk whooping ass, while entertaining, probably isn't the best idea for a crossover event.

Mider999
maybe there gonna pull a thor on the hulk and make him leave the MU for a while, like when thor became a cosmic

zbucsz
or cap comes back and says something like i been tasted what it's like to be u, ppl hate u or something sappie

Grimm22
A book that gets Marvel back on track sure won't be one with the central focus on Hulk.

But I do agree. Hulk whooping ass, while entertaining, probably isn't the best idea for a crossover event.

Besides we all already know the outcome

Hulk will come to his senses and end up killing his new friends because they want to kill humans and in reality he is still human

Then Hulk goes off and becomes a loner because he can't trust anyone, or something, blah blah blah

CasanoVa
Hulk didn't have to be powered up to fight the Illuminati.
He's basically been a shadow of his former self the entire time he was on Sakaar.
I look at it like he's basically back to his levels before he hit planetside.

And Annihilation was buttjuice hardened and printed.
Crappy art? Check.
Lackluster characters taking up too much space? Check.
Poor handling of other characters, and just flatout stupidity? Check.
Missed oppurtunities to flesh out Galactus, and cosmic gods? Check.

The ache in my heart from people who sop up and devour the trash Marvel is giving the public? insurmountable.

I swear i thought my Annihilation was a joke copy. I really did.

I just knew Marvel didn't print that bs out and expect people to purchase it.

MAKE MINES TORRENTS@!

The Hulk was at lower levels when he was on Sakaar, that's correct, but he was powered up by the explosion and like.. being angrier than he has ever been before (all the radiation or something or other). That's presumably how he survived Black Bolt's whisper where he had been dropped several times by it before.

Annihilation and Planet Hulk are definetly the two best events from either company for a while actually, I don't see where you are getting all the hate from.

Where exactly is this poor art?

Lackluster characters? Well what's that saying, "there's no such thing as a bad character, just bad writers", they took an under-used character like Nova and developed him up to the point where he gets his own ongoing which looks very promising.

Poor handling of the characters? Again where are you getting this from? I read the entire thing and didn't see any (or any that would bother me)

Wow, Grant Morrison roll eyes (sarcastic) You seem to have some major beef with Marvel my friend.

grey fox
This is what I WANT to happen:

Hulk comes back and litterly KILLS heroes.

His army starts mass genocide around the earth

After a week, more than half the earth's population is gone

Most of the heroes on earth are dead (Iron Man, the FF, the Avengers, ect..)

Now the remaining ones are hiding out in Atlantis, with Namor, who is setting up a plan to take back the planet

After they try and fail, a small band of characters (winter soldier, kitty pryde, Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom) are the last ones left

This last group decides that their last hope to restore what has happened is to find the cosmic cube and reverse the damage.

Hulk makes a deal with Dormorru to help stop them, knowing he himself stands no hope against Strange

After finally tracking down Cube, Dormorru sabotages the group and Strange is killed in the battle, but manages to save the rest of the team

When they finally find the cube, Hulk is there to stop them. After killing Bucky, Hulk is seemingly killed by Kitty who in turn sacrificed herself to do so.

However, Hulk manages to destroy the cosmic cube before he does, and the remains of the cube are now only left with enough power for one task, and Doom is left with the choice to give himself ultimate power or restore what was done.

Doom decides to restore the universe the way it was, saying it would be too easy to take over the universe this way

I donno, this just one way I think it would be awesome

Another way would be Cap returning and killing Hulk or something

.....and thus we have an awesome ending to my awesome beginning.

I wonder if me and Grimm can get that 51% of Marvel stock.....

UniOmni
The Hulk was at lower levels when he was on Sakaar, that's correct, but he was powered up by the explosion and like.. being angrier than he has ever been before (all the radiation or something or other). That's presumably how he survived Black Bolt's whisper where he had been dropped several times by it before.

Annihilation and Planet Hulk are definetly the two best events from either company for a while actually, I don't see where you are getting all the hate from.

Where exactly is this poor art?

Lackluster characters? Well what's that saying, "there's no such thing as a bad character, just bad writers", they took an under-used character like Nova and developed him up to the point where he gets his own ongoing which looks very promising.

Poor handling of the characters? Again where are you getting this from? I read the entire thing and didn't see any (or any that would bother me)

Wow, Grant Morrison roll eyes (sarcastic) You seem to have some major beef with Marvel my friend.

Read Seven Soldiers of Victory, and then read the used toilet paper from an elderly home that was annihilation.

No comparison at all, and i dislike GAM.

CasanoVa
Read Seven Soldiers of Victory, and then read the used toilet paper from an elderly home that was annihilation.

No comparison at all, and i dislike GAM.

I was refering to this:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=445907

So because you don't find it enjoyable as Seven Soldiers of Victory it's suddenly crap? No.

I don't enjoy JSA as much as others because I'm fairly new to DC, but I don't think it's crap because I prefer other Marvel titles.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, because Annihilation in my opinion is far from crap, it was most definetly the best crossover last year.

Longinus
Sentry and Thor will ultimately stop the Hulk and his gladiator minons. Perfect way for Sentry to get higher showings/feats and to see what Thor can do after this new comebacl.

zbucsz
does hulk ppl know he's human?

Juntai

Not even close actually, well Annihilation has been OK, but that's just because I'm a sci-fi geek. However from a storytelling standpoint, there have been many better stories, even in ongoings. As far as mini/maxi's go, I bet posters could come up with at least 5 or so that all top WWH.

Try Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, Civil War and Justice just for starters on ones better than WWH, and probably Annihilation both, because they capture elements of emotion and the immensity of the events much better than the others.

But yeah, it's all your opinion.

Validus
The fanboy in me wants to say nothing is messing with JSA right now. The realist in me happens to agree. Looks like nothing is messing with JSA right now.

big grin

Mider999
how can you say there better then world war hulk you havent even read it, sept the first issues, anyway im not critisizing you, i agree that marvel takes to many backdoors when it comes to its cosmic characters, they dont wanna upset the silver surfer fanboys so they basically have surfer own aiegis and tenebris even though galactus should have been the one to do so, and they have galactus show like ONE good scene in the entire mini from what ive heard, other then that they love using him as a CIS machine, surfer has better showings then him lame. Also thanos, wow who fliped a coin on how too kill him, drax has been stronger and more durable then his current versions and NOW he kills thanos.........how very unrealistic, and of course thanos is always the one who has to undermine everyone, i mean youd think someone would say to themselves.........thanos gonna screw me over he did mephesto, and probably everyone who's ever made an alliance with him. So i better not even bother, and him standing up to aigeis and tenebris, if i was them id be like and what if we dont wanna give your herald back maybe we wanna use him as a pet, thanos would be like well ill......umm..........ill be going now.

Juntai
The fanboy in me wants to say nothing is messing with JSA right now. The realist in me happens to agree. Looks like nothing is messing with JSA right now.

big grin Well it was just pretty much the best team book for the last 81 issues of the last series, and its new launch has it leaping and bounding past everyone else again. I'll still give a couple issues more before I declare it hands down the best again, since the JLA is very good right now too.

Mider999
i think that DC took the whole mini series to a new level i mean damn, how many mini series did they make just for infinite crisis to be built up on. And then how many more mini series where able to be spawned from it, i mean wow they must have been up all night thinking of it, im not saying the story was godfather quality im just saying they knew how to play on the wants and wishes of the consumers who are loyal to DC thus there making ALOT of MULAH, and then they went a step further and made 52 a whole year long series just for the events of infinite crisis in a way, then there making countdown brand new series. Marvel is probably trying to catch up. so there making brand new series annihilation style for magic users, in magic with the new series featuring alot of magic users, and they are making a brand new series out of annihilation conquest and a new character.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Well it was just pretty much the best team book for the last 81 issues of the last series, and its new launch has it leaping and bounding past everyone else again. I'll still give a couple issues more before I declare it hands down the best again, since the JLA is very good right now too.
Enjoy it now because you've only got 5 more issues of Meltzer left.

Juntai
Enjoy it now because you've only got 5 more issues of Meltzer left. They need to slap him with a franchise tag.

Validus
They need to slap him with a franchise tag.
That isn't fair market value! I say trade him to Marvel for Brubaker.

Juntai
That isn't fair market value! I say trade him to Marvel for Brubaker. Brubaker is good too. I'd give up a 1st round draft pick for him, and possibly a 3rd rounder in the following year. He'd also get a decent sign on bonus.

Validus
Meltzer and DC's first rounder this year for Brubaker sounds fair to me. Never want to give up too many draft picks.

Juntai
Meltzer and DC's first rounder this year for Brubaker sounds fair to me. Never want to give up too many draft picks. Did you realise over 80 of this years pro-bowlers were elected to the pro-bowl representing the team that drafted them? That goes well towards showing how important good drafting is.

Brubaker's a stud, but Meltzer is too, I just wish he was a little more dedicated to comics than novels, which by the way I ended up buying his Book of Fate that he debuted pages of in one of the early issues of JLA.

Pretty good so far.

Validus
Did you realise over 80 of this years pro-bowlers were elected to the pro-bowl representing the team that drafted them? That goes well towards showing how important good drafting is.

Brubaker's a stud, but Meltzer is too, I just wish he was a little more dedicated to comics than novels, which by the way I ended up buying his Book of Fate that he debuted pages of in one of the early issues of JLA.

Pretty good so far.
Definitely. I read somewhere that 8 of the last 10 teams to play in the SB were teams who've had the most draft picks in the last 10 or so years. Free Agency is typically a bust. Just ask the Redskins. laughing out loud

Brubaker is great. So is Meltzer but like you said, I wish he would do more comic work. Still, I'd kill to have Bru write Nightwing for awhile. big grin

zbucsz
for the 4th pick in the draft the bucs take CALVIN JOHNSON

UniOmni
Definitely. I read somewhere that 8 of the last 10 teams to play in the SB were teams who've had the most draft picks in the last 10 or so years. Free Agency is typically a bust. Just ask the Redskins. laughing out loud

Brubaker is great. So is Meltzer but like you said, I wish he would do more comic work. Still, I'd kill to have Bru write Nightwing for awhile. big grin

Brubaker would be absolutely wasted on Nightwing. A needless waste of talent.

As long as Nightwing is under the wing of the Batoffice, he's gonna stagnate.
I wouldn't be surprised if DC got Bru and tossed him onto Batman, and let Dick wallow.

Let him stay on Daredevil, the best streetlevel book for a while now.

And JSA has been great.
Got the entire run myself, but some of the history there is offputting for a guy who's not familiar with it all.

I'd give you Millar for Grant Morrison on Surfer tho.

D-Block
Originally posted by Longinus
Sentry and Thor will ultimately stop the Hulk and his gladiator minons. Perfect way for Sentry to get higher showings/feats and to see what Thor can do after this new comebacl.

That would be hot. Sentry giving the Hulk and his gladiators hell and slowly getting overwhelmed then Thor shows up.

manorastroman
Originally posted by zbucsz
for the 4th pick in the draft the bucs take CALVIN JOHNSON

who knew we had a beat happening fan?

anyway, JSA is kicking ass (i love starman), but i'm not very fond of JLA right now. i just don't like the team very much, and meltzer's doing a kind of blue-collar job (very solid, very unspectacular). the action's great though.

ankur29
i am really upset that a powered up hulk will have to still fight the thing who is even weaker than hulk than before ,he shoudl not even be worth fighting for supe a hyped up event ;hulk should fight way stronger foes!!!!!!!! i want a powered up juggernuat to return and fight hulk to make him come to shis senses or sentry or summin to make it interesting , I hate how marvel keep showing thing to be in hulks class of strength , hulk is far stronnger than a 90 tonner for gods sake ( i am not sindulting the thing btw i think he's swell)

Mider999
marvel is to chicken to use logic, they always putting there strong characters vs lowly ones and actually having trouble with them, galactus, surfer, suprised thanos hasnt lost to reed richards, its lame but they always do that, nobody in the DCU can defeat superman nope not even superboyprime who was suppose to be uber strong why cause superman is great no cause the wrighters just have to end it some way thats lame.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.