October Road

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
October Road is a new show on ABC that comes on every Thursday at 10pm.

It is a very good show.

The premise is basically a boy leaves home for 10 years, writes a book and releases it during that time and the book is about his hometown friends, in which he makes them out to look like bad/careless people and then he comes back home and has to face the problems that ensue.

His old girlfriend had his child which he didn't know about and blah blah blah.

Anyway, it's a very good show.

Watch it b@tches. wink

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

LORDSIDIOUS01
October Road is a crappy show. The acting is bad. It is so obvious that they are going to put Bryan Greenberg and Laura Prepon together. He is gonna dumb that other hot momma.

masterkit
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
October Road is a crappy show. The acting is bad. It is so obvious that they are going to put Bryan Greenberg and Laura Prepon together. He is gonna dumb that other hot momma.

Your way to critical, please expire.

I like this show.

InnerRise
Originally posted by masterkit

I like this show. I agree.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

forumcrew
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

i almost watched an episode but the vast majority of reviews sound like that. Ausiello (tvguide guy) who i read occasionally just destroyed this show saying its the worst thing ever, and thats really really really rare for him to do.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by forumcrew
i almost watched an episode but the vast majority of reviews sound like that. Ausiello (tvguide guy) who i read occasionally just destroyed this show saying its the worst thing ever, and thats really really really rare for him to do.

I was gonna give this show a try since I like Laura Prepon from Thast 70 Show but after reading some reviews (Ausiello one of them), mostly bad I decided to skip it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by masterkit

I like this show.

Don't think so. Being critical of things os something good, not bad. Put the show against CSI: Miami or Without A Trace and see if it gets good ratings?

forumcrew
eh dont always go to ratings. The Nielson system is one of the dumbest idea on the planet right up there with NFL overtime rules. If they really wanna do it they need to do it right and put a chip in EVERY new tv sold.

InnerRise
Chip Huh? hmm

So that's how they do it.

forumcrew
"random" households are selected to have a nielson box setup which monitors what they watch. But it is just too small of a sample size to accurately represent anything. Especially because it has NO idea how many people are watching each tv. Think of all the sports bars and colleges that get no representation its just a silly system and im surprised networks put so much weight on it.

InnerRise
Well, that does sound very bogus and faulty........and misrepresentative.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Ratings are what drive people to watch programs. If October Road was all that than ABC should have scheduled it up against CSI:Miami or Without a Trace.

InnerRise
Or it could do what it actually did and put it right after a Very High Rated Show to pull more people in....which is obviously did.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Perhaps, I still think this show needs to get better.

InnerRise
Well first seasons, not to the mention the first few episodes can be very slow with developing the story/plot and what not.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well first seasons, not to the mention the first few episodes can be very slow with developing the story/plot and what not.

True but over the season, things should not be so slow. They should a little fast pace.

Sweet Escape
This show looked like it had a cute concept, is it any good?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Has October Road been cancelled yet?

InnerRise
The show isn't bad, it's okay.

Nope. New episode this Thursday.

LORDSIDIOUS01
The show isn't bad, it's okay.

Nope. New episode this Thursday.

Finally a new show. Hope Greenberg and Prepon start kissing.

InnerRise
Well it only went one week without a new episode b/c of that other new comedy that took it's spot, which really had me thinking it was cancelled, but the comedy got moved to Wednesday Night and now Orange Road is back.

LORDSIDIOUS01
When will Greenberg discover that that is his son?

InnerRise
He already knows.

He basically foundo at the end of the first episode.

LORDSIDIOUS01
When will Greenberg and Prepon admit their feelings for each other?

InnerRise
They basically have already......before he left for 10 years and messed it all up.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Finally one last show before it gets canned for good.

InnerRise
And where did you get this bit of information?

This show is actually a hit and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

anata wa wakarimasu ka......

LORDSIDIOUS01
It might even though its a hit. I did read that two of the characters were just bumped up to more air time. ABC7 hasn't said yet whether or not October Road is returning.

InnerRise
Returning? It hasn't left yet.

All this stuff you're saying is completely opinionated based on what you think of the show.

None of it is official so you shouldn't relay it as if it is.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Returning? It hasn't left yet.

All this stuff you're saying is completely opinionated based on what you think of the show.

None of it is official so you shouldn't relay it as if it is.

Tell that to ABC7. They have yet to say whether or not this show is returning. USA Today claimed that this show was being canned. They are right a whole lot.

InnerRise
When did they say that? And under what circumstance?

InnerRise
Phew. I thought last week that it said tonight's show was the "SERIES" Final, but it's just the "SEASON" Finale. Pretty fast season though.

I'm trying to remember when it exactly Premiered though. Maybe it just premiered too late to really have a full season like it'll have next Season.

forumcrew
that is fairly common, what about brian started with like a 5 episode season. A lot of shows get a start at the end of the standard season times because they are taking over for shows that failed. This is used to test the waters and see if it can earn a full season for the next go around.

InnerRise
Good News.

..........And Bad News for those who just knew they were right and ended up being wrong.

The next season of "OCTOBER ROAD" will begin airing: November 26th at 10pm.

I Knew It.
YAY!

doped

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Why this show was brought back is beyond me. I hope the plots have improved.

InnerRise
It never left.

doped

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.