Batman (no belt) vs. Wolverine (no healing factor, no adamantium)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

headrek1
I think this would be a pretty good matchup (and I'm sure it has been done before, I just can't find it) ,but let's say for the sake of the convo that wolv doesn't have his healing factor or adamanium, and bats has no utililty belt. I would stipulate no claws for wolv, but since he was born with bone claws I guess you can't consider them weapons in the same sense of batarangs or something batz would use. I think Batman would win because he's smarter, but I could also see it going to Wolv just as easily.

braz
good fight. I'd say Batman though.

Symmetric Chaos
Wolvie needs a lot less to take down Batman but Batman still has an advantage in skill.

hmm

Validus
I'd say Batman but to be honest, I'm afraid of Capt It Up.

masterbruce
Without healing factor and adamantium, Wolverine is just an angry, hairy midget.

Batman 10/10

headrek1
I definitely agree with the Batz has more skills point, but you think it's that much more than wolverine (after all he was a samurai). Admittedly, I'm not as well informed as some of you, but I've always wondered does Wolv has superhuman strength or is it just above normal, I've read conflicting things everywhere but was just under the assumption that he didn't.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by masterbruce
Without healing factor and adamantium, Wolverine is just an angry, hairy midget.

Batman 10/10

An angry midget with foot long claws and impressive skill.

guy222
Originally posted by headrek1
I think this would be a pretty good matchup (and I'm sure it has been done before, I just can't find it) ,but let's say for the sake of the convo that wolv doesn't have his healing factor or adamanium, and bats has no utililty belt. I would stipulate no claws for wolv, but since he was born with bone claws I guess you can't consider them weapons in the same sense of batarangs or something batz would use. I think Batman would win because he's smarter, but I could also see it going to Wolv just as easily.

logan

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
An angry midget with foot long claws and impressive skill.

oh yeah claws...make that an angry, hairy midget freak

Metalmanx

Wolverine bleeds to death via his knuckles. Batman wins.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Yeah that would be a problem.

Assuming that that doesn't happen . . . .

braz

does he have to pop them out? confused

braz
Yeah that would be a problem.

Assuming that that doesn't happen . . . .

no HF.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by braz
does he have to pop them out? confused

If he wants any sort of real edge. Yes.

headrek1
How long do you expect it to last? Wouldn't it take hrs for him to bleed to death?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by braz
no HF.

I know that but I'm think the thread starter meant for Wolvie to be able to use his claws.

Besides it's a cop out to say that using the claws kills him.

headrek1
Exactly, Symmetric, it was a mistep I'm sorry but assume that he can use his claws

Metalmanx
How long do you expect it to last? Wouldn't it take hrs for him to bleed to death?

With six decent-sized holes in his knuckles, he would not bleed out instantly, but it would definitely hinder him to the point where he'd be weaker, slower, etc. He would also eventually just pass out from blood loss, only to die later.

ASSUMING, however, that he can use his claws and not bleed out, I think I'm inclined to give the majority to Batman regardless.

braz
I know that but I'm think the thread starter meant for Wolvie to be able to use his claws.

Besides it's a cop out to say that using the claws kills him.

true he could have them popped out before he loses the adamantium and HF.

Wolverine2006
Wolverine would shank Batman after they fought for a little bit, then Wolverine would retract his claws and go to the hospital

headrek1
I just don't see Wolverine rolling up to the ER with his Blue Cross card out after the fight, but just assume he can use em', no negatives.

Soljer
Not like there are arteries on the front of his knuckles or anything - he wouldn't bleed too incredibly fast. I seem to remember him using his claws without TOO much problem one of the times he lost his healing factor.

Also, Wolverine is stronger and faster than Batman, about as skilled, and without his adamantium, is EVEN faster than normal....

I'd say 7-8/10 would go to Wolverine - just like it would Captain America

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
Not like there are arteries on the front of his knuckles or anything - he wouldn't bleed too incredibly fast. I seem to remember him using his claws without TOO much problem one of the times he lost his healing factor.

Also, Wolverine is stronger and faster than Batman, about as skilled, and without his adamantium, is EVEN faster than normal....

I'd say 7-8/10 would go to Wolverine - just like it would Captain America

Yea. You're probably right. Wolverine should get the majority.

masterbruce
Yea. You're probably right. Wolverine should get the majority.

no, he's not right. Wolverine is no where near as skilled as Batman. Wolverine always had his HF and adamantium to fall back on so he could fight wild, Batman always had to fight at his best because one mistake and he could end up dead or paralyzed.

Batman's skills >>> Wolverine's

Now, change your vote, again big grin

Metalmanx
no, he's not right. Wolverine is no where near as skilled as Batman. Wolverine always had his HF and adamantium to fall back on so he could fight wild, Batman always had to fight at his best because one mistake and he could end up dead or paralyzed.

Batman's skills >>> Wolverine's

Now, change your vote, again big grin

Nah. I thought about it some more after reading Soljer's post. And he's basically right. Wolverine is low-level superhuman in some categories, thus already giving him an advantage over Batman. Plus, Wolverine really is a highly skilled fighter, one of the best in the MU (top ten at least). I'm not afraid to admit that.

Hm. Question to the thread-maker. Does Wolverine have time to get used to his lack-of-healing-factor? Or is just stripped of it at the beginning of the match?

masterbruce
Nah. I thought about it some more after reading Soljer's post. And he's basically right. Wolverine is low-level superhuman in some categories, thus already giving him an advantage over Batman. Plus, Wolverine really is a highly skilled fighter, one of the best in the MU (top ten at least). I'm not afraid to admit that.

Hm. Question to the thread-maker. Does Wolverine have time to get used to his lack-of-healing-factor? Or is just stripped of it at the beginning of the match?

Part of his strength comes from his HF. It prevents his joints from breaking and muscles from tearing (just like Super Soldier formula gives Cap his strength) without HF, Wolverine would be only as strong as Batman.

Even though Wolverine is a skilled fighter, Batman is a better fighter.

Metalmanx
Oh snap.

I just remembered that Wolverine doesn't have adamantium either. I completely forgot for some reason.

I think I may have to go back to Batman. While Logan has physical advantages over him, Logan's bones can now break. That changes things, I believe.

Lemme think about this some more.

Soljer
Oh snap.

I just remembered that Wolverine doesn't have adamantium either. I completely forgot for some reason.

I think I may have to go back to Batman. While Logan has physical advantages over him, Logan's bones can now break. That changes things, I believe.

Lemme think about this some more.

Wolverine still has chemical treatments from Weapon X that make him more durable than a normal human - Batman's bones would break easier than Wolverine's would.

....erm.

jasonk3
laughing Damn Metal Man...I 've never seen someone change their opinion back and forth so fast

headrek1
In regards to the does he have time to aclimate quetsion: Sure wtf not? Anything you guys want to stipulate juts no adamantium or healing.

Symmetric Chaos
In regards to the does he have time to aclimate quetsion: Sure wtf not? Anything you guys want to stipulate juts no adamantium or healing.

Really? Anything?

I'd like to stipulate that Wolverine has a P-90 . . . stick out tongue

headrek1
Within boundaries, that keep it as close to the original as possible: A pure skills fight, no weapons, no healing etc. Don't take it literally.

Metalmanx

Oh, alright. Take away all my fun why don't you? stick out tongue

Wolverine wins then, since he gets time to adjust to his new physical condition.

masterbruce
Oh, alright. Take away all my fun why don't you? stick out tongue

Wolverine wins then, since he gets time to adjust to his new physical condition.

Wolverine ain't stronger than bats without his adamantium skeletal support and HF enhancing his musculature.

He's also def less skilled than Bats.

Metalmanx
Wolverine ain't stronger than bats without his adamantium skeletal support and HF enhancing his musculature.

No, Wolverine is, in fact, a bit stronger and faster than Batman.

And the skill gap is MINIMAL.

masterbruce
No, Wolverine is, in fact, a bit stronger and faster than Batman.

And the skill gap is MINIMAL.

Batman is PEAK human.

Without healing factor and adamantium, Wolverine can only be as good as PEAK human.

therefore, Wolverine is only as strong and fast as Batman.

Metalmanx
Batman is PEAK human.

Without healing factor and adamantium, Wolverine can only be as good as PEAK human.

therefore, Wolverine is only as strong and fast as Batman.

His healing factor doesn't grant him superhuman speed or strength. What it DOES, is allow him to train to the point where his body cannot get any better, as well as eliminating fatigue. So, he could potentially just lift weights and run for days at a time.

Where as Batman would fatigue very quickly in comparison.

Logan is faster and stronger than Batman. Skill gap is minimal. Wolverine wins.

masterbruce
Skill gap is minimal.

I disagree. but I won't argue the point.

capt it up
Originally posted by Validus
I'd say Batman but to be honest, I'm afraid of Capt It Up.
hahahahaha. Thanks I think lol

capt it up
masterbruce I am sorry, but there is no skill gap would so ever. Also if logan is allowed his claws this is not even a match. You take away wolverines claws and still logan is superior in ever physical sense. This match goes to wolverine either way.

capt it up

false and false man your striking out to day arnt you........

Metalmanx
Originally posted by capt it up
masterbruce I am sorry, but there is no skill gap would so ever. Also if logan is allowed his claws this is not even a match. You take away wolverines claws and still logan is superior in ever physical sense. This match goes to wolverine either way.

Now while I believe Wolverine wins, I wouldn't go that far. It would still definitely be a very tough fight for both combatants.

capt it up
Now while I believe Wolverine wins, I wouldn't go that far. It would still definitely be a very tough fight for both combatants.
not really. Batman will put up a fight, but wolverine will win vast majority. If you allow wolverines claws this is pritty much a spite thread...

If you took away wolverines powers and made him and batman complete equals the fight would be likly a coin toss.........

They be pritty much equals in battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.