Battle of Mid-tiers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Team 1: Iron Man, Thing, She-Hulk, and Wonder Man

versus

Team 2: Namor, Colossus, Doc Samson, and Vision

masterbruce
No love for mid-tiers?

People love debatin abstracts, toptiers, and street levels, but everybody neglects the midtiers.

Bouboumaster
I see team 2 win. Wonder Man could cause surprise.

Soleran
Originally posted by masterbruce
No love for mid-tiers?

People love debatin abstracts, toptiers, and street levels, but everybody neglects the midtiers.

Team 2 wins.

Vision beats them up pretty badly with his phase attacks.

shksprtx
Team 2 ftw

LordFear
Team 1
IronMan could figure a way out to beat Vision. Tony is a freaking genius with among the most sophisticated A.I available. Not too difficult

leonidas
simon has withstood vision's phasing in the past. tony has the most versatility on either team. it's a toss up but i'd say a slight egde to team 1.

Bentley
Vision is way too much, I pitted him against Tony, Wonderman and Colossus and the consensus was he won. With help, he makes team 2 win rather easily.

LordFear
Furthermore dealing with previous villains who can phase, Tony has adapted the armor to withstand such an attack just like his helmet being impervious to a lot of mental attacks

Bentley
He got his armor compromised by the Vision in Civil Wars, I think thats recent enough to assume its not covered in this battle.

LordFear
Originally posted by Bentley
Vision is way too much, I pitted him against Tony, Wonderman and Colossus and the consensus was he won. With help, he makes team 2 win rather easily.

I don't know if you have noticed in this forum but a consensus in here seldom means much especially these days with new junior members posting versuses such as Storm vs Darkseid.

Soleran
Originally posted by leonidas
simon has withstood vision's phasing in the past. tony has the most versatility on either team. it's a toss up but i'd say a slight egde to team 1.

Alot of people have withstood his Phasing attacks but that doesn't mean it won't stop or KO folks.

Hell Vision even hurt Juggernaut with his phasing attack, She-Hulk and Thing will go down very quickly to that type of attack and the rest I believe the superior numbers of team two will win.

Or Vision could just cook She-Hulk, Thing and WM and then only Tony is left.

leonidas

then vision was overhyped. wink

leonidas
Originally posted by Soleran
Alot of people have withstood his Phasing attacks but that doesn't mean it won't stop or KO folks.

Hell Vision even hurt Juggernaut with his phasing attack, She-Hulk and Thing will go down very quickly to that type of attack and the rest I believe the superior numbers of team two will win.

Or Vision could just cook She-Hulk, Thing and WM and then only Tony is left.

nah, solar beam is NOT that powerful. sonics and other attacks have been shown to damage vision even phased. simon is pure energy and withstood the phase and actually struck vision.

hmm, i'm sensing the makings of one more forum-hero here . . .

vision has been beaten many times and his phase, while powerful, is NOT the end all of any fight.

snoopdogg
Team 2 wins imo. Powerwise these are even teams.

leonidas
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Team 2 wins imo. Powerwise these are even teams.

could be, snoop. it's just not nearly the curbstomp that so many think it is.

Soleran
nah, solar beam is NOT that powerful. sonics and other attacks have been shown to damage vision even phased. simon is pure energy and withstood the phase and actually struck vision.

vision has been beaten many times and his phase, while powerful, is NOT the end all of any fight.

Of course it isn't, it's just another tool he has at his disposal.

Of course he could also fly in the air and drop down on his prey at max density as well.

There is more to team one then WM and Tony.

LordFear

I concur. People rely on this ability alone and to tell you the truth, its not the all powerful ace in the hole its thought out to be

LordFear
Wonder Man and IronMan are the biggest threats because of their versatility

Bentley
When I said consensus I meant listening to people who actually talk comics, not people who say DS can't fly and Storm can cause singularities.

LordFear
When I said consensus I meant listening to people who actually talk comics, not people who say DS can't fly and Storm can cause singularities.

Ok well its good that you made that distinction because consensus in here is cannon. Once upon a time though I would go with the majority in here but not with the demographic of members who seem too aloof to discuss rationally instead of using fanboyism
Anyway I digress and apologize

Bentley
No problem, to be fair back when I entered here, I learned a lot of things about several characters, now I spend my time defending obvious points with people who dismiss sense and comic showings. Its a little sad.

leonidas

laughing out loud

well, i'll trust you're not lumping me into either of the latter categories. wink

leonidas
Originally posted by Soleran
Of course it isn't, it's just another tool he has at his disposal.

Of course he could also fly in the air and drop down on his prey at max density as well.

There is more to team one then WM and Tony.

ala how he put the kibosh on a staggering and stunned nefaria? seems pretty easy to dodge that attack and it didn't do a lot for vision either.

but, that aside, it is a possible avenue of attack, no doubt. as is just going to max density and slugging it out. all's i'm saying is that the phase attack, while powerful and painful, can and has been withstood by characters of sufficient durability. tony has all sorts of ways to injure the team as a whole -- sonics would be painful and damaging to the entire group and he has other wide-ranging attacks as well.

which is why i said only a slight edge to tony's team.

snoopdogg
How hot is Visions solar beam? I recall Pyro making Iron Man nervous of his suit failing with his flame blasts one time. But Pyro can amp the intestity of his flames though.

tkitna
He got his armor compromised by the Vision in Civil Wars, I think thats recent enough to assume its not covered in this battle.

I bet that never happens again. That incident was used as a plot device if anything just so Cap could knock him around a little.

Dont you think that Stark would be ready for that eventuality since he was an Avenger with the Vision for years? I would think so.

Team 1 wins.

LordFear
Originally posted by tkitna
I bet that never happens again. That incident was used as a plot device if anything just so Cap could knock him around a little.

Dont you think that Stark would be ready for that eventuality since he was an Avenger with the Vision for years? I would think so.

Team 1 wins.

And this is the thing that most people don't concern themselves about. Just spitting what happened in a current issue without taking it all in and saying " Wait a minute, how is that possible"?
I mean c'mon how long has freaking Tony and Steve been fighting along side one another? TOny is like a Bruce Wayne, he plots in a sense because why else would he have so much variations of his armor? He keeps inproving them putting things in them depending upon who he fought or for just contingency purposes

tkitna
Exactly! We're talking about a guy who kept a hair follicle from Thor upon one of their first encounters and yet he's not ready for any threat the Vision might procure?

Sounds a bit weak to me.

LordFear
Exactly! We're talking about a guy who kept a hair follicle from Thor upon one of their first encounters and yet he's not ready for any threat the Vision might procure?

Sounds a bit weak to me.

co-signed

Symmetric Chaos

How does being a perv prepare you for being attacked by Vision?

LordFear
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
How does being a perv prepare you for being attacked by Vision?

come again?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by LordFear
come again?

He meets Thor.

He steals Thor's hair cause he's a perv.

How is he suddenly ready for fighting Vision?

(ya know having to spell the whole thing out kinda ruins the joke)

LordFear
He meets Thor.

He steals Thor's hair cause he's a perv.

How is he suddenly ready for fighting Vision?

(ya know having to spell the whole thing out kinda ruins the joke)

My God, what the hell do I have to do post countless of scans or refer you guys to the iRonman respect thread(although it doesn't do justice) to persuade that IM will not be having difficulty with Vision to that extent. Are you guys for real here?

Symmetric Chaos
My God, what the hell do I have to do post countless of scans or refer you guys to the iRonman respect thread(although it doesn't do justice) to persuade that IM will not be having difficulty with Vision to that extent. Are you guys for real here?

Might I direct you to the part of my post where I explicity stated that I was making a joke?

LordFear
Might I direct you to the part of my post where I explicity stated that I was making a joke?

DAMMIT CHOAS you got me all on an uproar here

Symmetric Chaos
DAMMIT CHOAS you got me all on an uproar here

imscared

llagrok
I have a good feeling about Vision and Namor.

Team 2 6.5/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by masterbruce
Team 1: Iron Man, Thing, She-Hulk, and Wonder Man

versus

Team 2: Namor, Colossus, Doc Samson, and Vision

Doc Samson is a weak link. All the other's have been fighting for years. On the plus side, Vision can take anyone on the other side. And namor can as well. Big threats on Team 1, She-Hulk and Wonder man. She hulk and Thing can double team Colossus after they Quickly Dispatch of the Non uber Doc Samson. Namor peels Iron Man out of that suit while Wonder Man is left to fight the entire Team. Wonder Man at classic LVls was uber and pretty indestructible. I see Iron Man and Doc Both being picked off early. Doc will get picked off faster becuz Iron man is tuff. THus leaving Thing open to Help SHulkie Take Colossus. Even he isn't standing up to both of them. Vision One shots Thing with a solar blast and Phases Thru She Hulk. He tries to Take out wonderman but is screwed by the IOnic Energy. Leaving WonderMan and Namor. This one is kinda iffy. But I'd put my bets on Wonderman in top form over Namor in Top form.

LordFear
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Doc Samson is a weak link. All the other's have been fighting for years. On the plus side, Vision can take anyone on the other side. And namor can as well. Big threats on Team 1, She-Hulk and Wonder man. She hulk and Thing can double team Colossus after they Quickly Dispatch of the Non uber Doc Samson. Namor peels Iron Man out of that suit while Wonder Man is left to fight the entire Team. Wonder Man at classic LVls was uber and pretty indestructible. I see Iron Man and Doc Both being picked off early. Doc will get picked off faster becuz Iron man is tuff. THus leaving Thing open to Help SHulkie Take Colossus. Even he isn't standing up to both of them. Vision One shots Thing with a solar blast and Phases Thru She Hulk. He tries to Take out wonderman but is screwed by the IOnic Energy. Leaving WonderMan and Namor. This one is kinda iffy. But I'd put my bets on Wonderman in top form over Namor in Top form.

Namor has never been able to peel anything off of Tony and they fought many times. At best it was a stalemate. So how is it with Tony's most formidable armor is Namor gonna "peel that off"?
Since when do we discount IRONMAN as a threat in any fight unless you are high tier on his level at least or cosmic and above? I don't get your rational concerning Mr Stark

LordFear
Furthermore Vision is gonna one shot Thing? Is that right? Based on what exactly do you conclude this? Despite Ben's long list of enemies and encounters, you discredit his abilities to that extent? One shoted?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Furthermore Vision is gonna one shot Thing? Is that right? Based on what exactly do you conclude this? Despite Ben's long list of enemies and encounters, you discredit his abilities to that extent? One shoted?

Yes I do. Vision has many options of Pwning THing. A nice half phase should do the trick. It's worked on mightier than the thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.