Batman runs the Ultimate Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Longinus
As the title says, Batman is running the Ultimate Gauntlet!!!
-Batman has 6 hours of prep.
-has his standard arsenal and any other items he may wish to take for the fights
-gets 7 hours of rest between each fight
-given only the most basic info about the enemies he will face
-fight takes place in an evacuated area of NYC full of empty buildings, subways and other things
-all gauntlet characters have standard equipment but have no knowledge of Batman besides Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl
-no healing factors or Spider senses (I feel they give unfair advantages) Radar for DD stays intact

1. Robin
2. Nightwing
3. Elektra
4. Daredevil
5. Blade
6. Batgirl (Cassandra)
7. Punisher
8. Beast
9. Black Panther
10. Captain America
11. Deathstroke
12. Grifter
13. Wolverine
14. Spiderman
15. Midnighter

So how far does Batman get? I believe if he uses his full abilities, items, intellect and stealth, he has a good shot of clearing this. What does everyone else think?

Symmetric Chaos
Makes it to Grifter at least

Won't clear ith though

Bentley
He may have problems with Spidey. Its NY afterall and Parker is both faster and stronger even without the spider sense.

I don't see why Wolverine is higher than Spiderman though, without his healing factor he loses a great edge.

Longinus
good point, it's changed, also added Punisher

Longinus
bump

The Pict
Don't see him passing Wolverine to be honest

Longinus
even considering Wolverine doesn't have his healing factor in this battle?

Bouboumaster
Blade under Batgirl and Punisher??????

Bat stop at Blade

Juntai
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Makes it to Grifter at least

Won't clear ith though He actually fought Grifter didn't he?
Been a long time since I read the book.. but if I remember right, he confronted Batman, and Batman waved his hands faster than Grifter could see basically, and took his guns away... and then Grifter sat out of the fight, realising the Wildcats were outmatched by the JLA.

Juntai
-has his standard arsenal and any other items he may wish to take for the fights
-no healing factors or Spider senses

I think he clears it.

Soljer
Definitely clears it.

Longinus
So he even gets past Spidey with his much superior speed/reflexes and past Midnighter? Midnighter from his repect thread looks pretty insane. I personally think he stops there.

Soljer
Yes, and yes.

Clears it.

Longinus
ok, whatever

guy222
Originally posted by Longinus
-fight takes place in an evacuated area of NYC full of empty buildings, subways and other things
-all gauntlet characters have standard equipment but have no knowledge of Batman besides Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl
-no healing factors or Spider senses (I feel they give unfair advantages) Radar for DD stays intact

1. Robin
2. Nightwing
3. Elektra
4. Daredevil
5. Blade
6. Batgirl (Cassandra)
7. Punisher
8. Beast
9. Black Panther
10. Captain America
11. Deathstroke
12. Grifter
13. Wolverine
14. Spiderman
15. Midnighter

So how far does Batman get? I believe if he uses his full abilities, items, intellect and stealth, he has a good shot of clearing this. What does everyone else think?

Gets to Howlett

Longinus
bump

Entity
Unless Slade can stop him he clears it!

Longinus
Entity, do you think Slade is better than Midnighter?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Entity
Unless Slade can stop him he clears it!

Really?

I can see Midnighter taking a majority against Bruce.

Longinus
I can Midnighter annihilating Bruce. I think personally of course that he's above anyone on this gauntlet.

Endless Mike
IMO he stops at Beast

Soljer
Midnighter'd annihilate Bruce straight up.

But the Original Poster said these two things:

That means that Batman's bringing along Apokalyptian New God, Martian, Kryptonian, and Thanagarian technology to the battle. No one here can stand up to that kind of firepower.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
Midnighter'd annihilate Bruce straight up.

But the Original Poster said these two things:

That means that Batman's bringing along Apokalyptian New God, Martian, Kryptonian, and Thanagarian technology to the battle. No one here can stand up to that kind of firepower.

Oh. Missed that part.

Yeah this list doesn't have anything close to the power needed to face down that kinda power.

Entity
Entity, do you think Slade is better than Midnighter?

Well, to be honest I don't know Midnighter in great depth but I thought he was essentially Batman with a more advanced mind!
Which is basically what Slade is minus his enhanced physical abilities right?

CasanoVa
One day I'm going to hunt down this magnificent prep monster and kill it, just because it's become so over-powered as of yet. Bastard prep, it wins about 95% of Bruce's battles for him.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CasanoVa
One day I'm going to hunt down this magnificent prep monster and kill it, just because it's become so over-powered as of yet. Bastard prep, it wins about 95% of Bruce's battles for him.

Well without prep Bruce is a total punk. He always gets to fight on his terms and has tech that no ones as unstable as him should ever be given.

Longinus
Well the thing is he's only given general info about his opponets and the appear to be like him, a regular costumed person, so I don't think he'd be inclined to take any of his more powerful toys. At least thats the way I saw it when I made this thread.

Arachnid1

1. Robin
2. Nightwing
3. Elektra
4. Daredevil
5. Blade
6. Batgirl (Cassandra)
7. Punisher
8. Beast
9. Black Panther
10. Captain America
11. Deathstroke
12. Grifter
13. Wolverine
14. Spiderman
15. Midnighter

Wolverine with no healing factor? I'd put him below Captain america...

Also, is this Ultimate Spiderman? If not, he's not passing Spideman. Spiderman still tangles with venom just fine with no Spider sense, so he can do the same and more to bruce.

Thing is, Bats has prep. With prep, this is a curb stomp in his favor. It's like he has a solution to every problem in his cave. With prep, this is a short Gauntlet.

LordFear
Batman has too many advantages

Longinus
Well if I take away prep, he loses, if I give back Spidey's precog or Wolvie's/everyone elses HF he loses. So what should I do to balance things out because I thought I did.

Arachnid1
Well if I take away prep, he loses, if I give back Spidey's precog or Wolvie's/everyone elses HF he loses. So what should I do to balance things out because I thought I did.
Its balanced withough the prep. He still loses but he gets pretty far.

LordFear
just thought that Bruce had too much going in his favor as opposed as his opponents

Chaholdrudan
Deathstroke stops Batman.. Slade is better than anyone on this 'Ultimate Gauntlet'.... he should be last IMO

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Chaholdrudan
Deathstroke stops Batman.. Slade is better than anyone on this 'Ultimate Gauntlet'.... he should be last IMO

Did you not see that Bats has 7 hours of prep?

And DeathStroke is not better than Midnighter.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Did you not see that Bats has 7 hours of prep?

And DeathStroke is not better than Midnighter.

Spiderman would take apart Slade. Captain america is better at tactics too.

Longinus
Originally posted by Chaholdrudan

Hey man don't use sarcastic comments, this is a pretty good Batman gauntlet if I do say so myself. Anyway, Cap/Spidey/Wolverine are arguably better than Slade and Midnighter would just tear his F***king skull out. So no Slade is fine where he's at thank you.

Kento
Originally posted by Juntai
He actually fought Grifter didn't he?
Been a long time since I read the book.. but if I remember right, he confronted Batman, and Batman waved his hands faster than Grifter could see basically, and took his guns away... and then Grifter sat out of the fight, realising the Wildcats were outmatched by the JLA.
That was before Grifter could apparently use his physic abilities he got from Team 7. In the new Grifter/Midnighter crossover Grifter gets a guy to kill himself and just to prove a point almost gets the people in the room with him afterwards to kill each other. Course if Bats has forehand knowledge of this power he just uses the device he used to get past White Martians and beats him again more then likely though.

I say he gets to Spidey and looses if he is told about Grifter's abilities. Spidey's strength would be a big advantage along with his speed imo as much as I like Batman he can't go head to head with Parker and unless Batman brings some big tech he's not winning. Course that is assuming he can take out Cap first. At the best he gets to SPidey at the worst Cap takes him out.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kento
That was before Grifter could apparently use his physic abilities he got from Team 7. In the new Grifter/Midnighter crossover Grifter gets a guy to kill himself and just to prove a point almost gets the people in the room with him afterwards to kill each other. Course if Bats has forehand knowledge of this power he just uses the device he used to get past White Martians and beats him again more then likely though.

I say he gets to Spidey and looses if he is told about Grifter's abilities. Spidey's strength would be a big advantage along with his speed imo as much as I like Batman he can't go head to head with Parker and unless Batman brings some big tech he's not winning. Course that is assuming he can take out Cap first. At the best he gets to SPidey at the worst Cap takes him out. Martian Manhunter taught Batman how to overcome psychic manipulations. It's not foolproof, but it's certainly handy to have. His willpower is also great enough to overcome most TP.

With his prep time and gear, he easily trumps the list.

See what they do when he comes in with Kryptonian tech and rearanges their DNA, or something.

Kento
Well okay so if he has something that can rearrange their DNA I can see Batman taking them all out. And for the record Grifter ALMOST gets the two people with him to kill each other. I left the almost out and I just reread what I wrote.

But I've never seen him use any alien tech. Is there any Kryptonian tech?? The planet was destroyed how did any survive? Never seen any of that. or Maritan tech for that matter.

Juntai
Buys Kryptonian tech that can rewrite genetic codes.
http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=32916_batech_kara1_122_466lo.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=32930_batech_kara2_122_344lo.jpg

Gives a small peek at some of his tech while he picks out a few items he wants. You'll notice he has both New God and Thanagarian tech...Then they hop into Batman's "flying saucer", and Batman shows off his gauntlet that can create wormholes in space/time. "Boomtube gauntlet".
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc99&image=391_batubertoys1.jpg
http://img104.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc73&image=036_batubertoys2.jpg
http://img12.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=a23e2_batubertoys3.jpg
http://img104.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc173&image=624_batubertoys4.jpg

UniOmni
Ahh, Loeb Batman. That crazy coot.

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
Ahh, Loeb Batman. That crazy coot. Who, Loeb or his Batman?

UniOmni
The Gatdamn BAtman, clearly!

Juntai
lol.

Kento
I knew and could see him him having New God tech and Thanagarian tech. But I just wouldn't imagine Kryptonian tech or Martian tech being around since those races are long gone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.