Daycares at highschool making it abit too easy for teen mothers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
The highschool I went to had a daycare for the teens who had kids.I think having o ne at a daycare is like saying to them, sure you can have kids we support you to be unmarried parents why not have your kids come here why you are at school makes it easy.
I think it is a bad thing what do you guys think?jm confused

Soleran
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
The highschool I went to had a daycare for the teens who had kids.I think having o ne at a daycare is like saying to them, sure you can have kids we support you to be unmarried parents why not have your kids come here why you are at school makes it easy.

Great cost, little benefit.

Dump it.

The Phantom
I think it is a bad thing what do you guys think?jm confused Ok so lets just make their lives living hell then. No one believes in second chances anymore.

ADarksideJedi
Meaning that you argee or not?JM

Soleran
Originally posted by The Phantom
Ok so lets just make their lives living hell then. No one believes in second chances anymore.

Poop

ADarksideJedi
Who put them in the living hell?Them someone else?It is very easy to make a mistake and chances are good.I just think by highschool allowing daycares they are saying Go have a baby we will support what you did why not let everyone do it!That is what I am saying.jm

Soleran
Ok so lets just make their lives living hell then. No one believes in second chances anymore. Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Who put them in the living hell?Them someone else?It is very easy to make a mistake and chances are good.I just think by highschool allowing daycares they are saying Go have a baby we will support what you did why not let everyone do it!That is what I am saying.jm

Wow there we have it.

Damien B
I call it immaturity.School who promotes it and the mothers fault 4 having a child at such a young age.

ADarksideJedi
Yes you have no answear to that I see, guess you are speechless!Hi sweetie!It is immaturty Damien!jm

The Phantom
Yes you have no answear to that I see, guess you are speechless!Hi sweetie!It is immaturty Damien!jm Was that directed towards me?

Anyway, it isn't supporting. Supporting would say go out there a **** each other to death. No one at that age wants to get pregnant. Even those who do get pregnant by accident. You need to stop thinking on one side of the situation and view all the others.

Soleran
Was that directed towards me?

Anyway, it isn't supporting. Supporting would say go out there a **** each other to death. No one at that age wants to get pregnant. Even those who do get pregnant by accident. You need to stop thinking on one side of the situation and view all the others.

Um, hello, it's facillitating to closely to home. It's a bad thing for everyone.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Soleran
Um, hello, it's facillitating to closely to home. It's a bad thing for everyone. Sigh. Let's sit and see what happens for a while then make more judgements on this.

ADarksideJedi
I had view all it and it is just makes it ok!They have to learn from there mistakes and having a daycare is not really doing it it is making it easy for them.
Also there is homeschooling that can be handy for something like that.What makes it ok for schools to support them?jm

The Phantom
I had view all it and it is just makes it ok!They have to learn from there mistakes and having a daycare is not really doing it it is making it easy for them.
Also there is homeschooling that can be handy for something like that.What makes it ok for schools to support them?jm Who is supporting it? They made it souly to help them, not support to have more.

Soleran
Sigh. Let's sit and see what happens for a while then make more judgements on this.

And what is the goal of your observations? Let's jack up an already cracked budget for education on daycare, lets facilitate more personal responsibility to govt?

ADarksideJedi
How does it help them?It does support them.By having it there at a school it is saying go have babies we will support you.How is it not supporting them I ask you?jm

Soleran
And what is the goal of your observations? Let's jack up an already cracked budget for education on daycare, lets facilitate more personal responsibility to govt? Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
How does it help them?It does support them.By having it there at a school it is saying go have babies we will support you.How is it not supporting them I ask you?jm two times?

The Phantom
And what is the goal of your observations? Let's jack up an already cracked budget for education on daycare, lets facilitate more personal responsibility to govt? Ok. Funding I can understand...Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
How does it help them?It does support them.By having it there at a school it is saying go have babies we will support you.How is it not supporting them I ask you?jm How is it helping them? It allows them to try and live normal lives.

But the whole funding does make more sense now that I think about it.

ADarksideJedi
Meaning?You know I have to finish this tomorrow got to get some sleep.jm

The Phantom
Meaning?You know I have to finish this tomorrow got to get some sleep.jm Meaning you guys semi-persuaded me on the subject but I'm just seeing pros and cons.

ADarksideJedi
And also not helping them but saying it is ok.As soon as those teens have a baby there lifes are not normal anymore how can it be?Do you really think having daycare is a good thing for the teens to know they have it?It is not the school's fault that the teens had babies is it?So why should they get involved with there mistakes?jm

Soleran
And also not helping them but saying it is ok.As soon as those teens have a baby there lifes are not normal anymore how can it be?Do you really think having daycare is a good thing for the teens to know they have it?It is not the school's fault that the teens had babies is it?So why should they get involved with there mistakes?jm

Yes, exactly, educate, and help make them responible for their actions but don't allow them a scape goat or illuision to how their life has changed.

Leo.M
Daycares at high schools are just there to help the young mothers get the education they need to make it out there in the world. The schools that don't have daycares are the ones where the young mothers will most likely drop out, have more kids, live a crappy life. Daycares at school offer them the chance to wake up and to see that its not just about them anymore, its about their baby too and working to give that baby a better life.

The Phantom
And also not helping them but saying it is ok.As soon as those teens have a baby there lifes are not normal anymore how can it be?Do you really think having daycare is a good thing for the teens to know they have it?It is not the school's fault that the teens had babies is it?So why should they get involved with there mistakes?jm People like showing friendly gestures to others less fortunate. But it does seem second chances are not easy to come by in this world.

Soleran
Originally posted by Leo.M
Daycares at high schools are just there to help the young mothers get the education they need to make it out there in the world. The schools that don't have daycares are the ones where the young mothers will most likely drop out, have more kids, live a crappy life. Daycares at school offer them the chance to wake up and to see that its not just about them anymore, its about their baby too and working to give that baby a better life.

Dude, I just don't even know where to begin here, you HAVE got to be a teen.

The Phantom
Dude, I just don't even know where to begin here, you HAVE got to be a teen. What does being a teen have to do with anything?

Leo.M
Dude, I just don't even know where to begin here, you HAVE got to be a teen.

I'm 18. I don't care, shoot it if you want. srug

Lets hear your wise words.

Soleran
What does being a teen have to do with anything? Originally posted by Leo.M
I'm 18. I don't care, shoot it if you want. srug

Lets hear your wise words.

No need. I've already shared in previous posts.

The Phantom
No need. I've already shared in previous posts. Well elaborate to those who haven't seen those posts.

FeceMan
The highschool I went to had a daycare for the teens who had kids.
Jackie's first grammatically correct sentence! Let us celebrate this moment.

Then the post falls apart.

Soleran
Well elaborate to those who haven't seen those posts. Originally posted by Soleran
Yes, exactly, educate, and help make them responible for their actions but don't allow them a scape goat or illuision to how their life has changed.

Short, brief, to the point.

Dreamt
Ok so lets just make their lives living hell then. No one believes in second chances anymore. It is a double-edged sword. On the one hand dumping it will make lives harder and hinder education (If they're going to school and using the daycare there, it is presumable they want an education... otherwise they'd just drop-out).

On the other hand, it'll also give the illusion of a safety-net "If I get pregnant I can dump the baby in the school's daycare and not worry about it." Out of sight, out of mind, etc.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Dreamt
It is a double-edged sword. On the one hand dumping it will make lives harder and hinder education (If they're going to school and using the daycare there, it is presumable they want an education... otherwise they'd just drop-out).

On the other hand, it'll also give the illusion of a safety-net "If I get pregnant I can dump the baby in the school's daycare and not worry about it." Out of sight, out of mind, etc. So which is the best choice? Apparently the others think the latter, but I don't think it is right. It's like giving up on them by dropping it.

Dreamt
So which is the best choice? Apparently the others think the latter, but I don't think it is right. It's like giving up on them by dropping it. I have no idea. It's a conundrum for me but I'd say a compromise is better... perhaps, some kind of a test to get in? I don't know.

The Phantom
I have no idea. It's a conundrum for me but I'd say a compromise is better... perhaps, some kind of a test to get in? I don't know. A test? Failure of a test can make someone very messed up if they fail it. Definitely not a test.

FeceMan
A test? Failure of a test can make someone very messed up if they fail it. Definitely not a test.
Look at Hitler. He just went downhill after that.

Darth Macabre
And what is the goal of your observations? Let's jack up an already cracked budget for education on daycare, lets facilitate more personal responsibility to govt? And what if it's a private school, eh Sherlock? Your whole argument, or rather the only part that is actually sound, puts it's basis on public, government funded schools. Well, what about private schools? Would you still be against having day cares?

Fishy
It is a double-edged sword. On the one hand dumping it will make lives harder and hinder education (If they're going to school and using the daycare there, it is presumable they want an education... otherwise they'd just drop-out).

On the other hand, it'll also give the illusion of a safety-net "If I get pregnant I can dump the baby in the school's daycare and not worry about it." Out of sight, out of mind, etc.

They have a kid, I very much doubt they are going to think like that. The moment they get out of school they still have to take care of the kid. So their life is still going to suck.

Still if this wouldn't be around the children would far more likely drop out. They would have a lot more trouble and they wouldn't get an education. And that would hurt the economy far more then paying for daycare. I actually think this is a brilliant idea. If they play it smart it doesn't even have to cost that much.

Daycare at school for teenage moms is great, it would be better if the school just would have given Sex Ed. and the children wouldn't haven't gotten pregnant in the first case, but it's to late for that now.

ADarksideJedi
Goodmorning!Having an sex Ed class does not do anything I think it is something that should not be long in schools but anyway getting off topic this topic does have cons and pros no matter how you look at it through it is mosty all cons.Jm

Eis
Goodmorning!Having an sex Ed class does not do anything I think it is something that should not be long in schools but anyway getting off topic this topic does have cons and pros no matter how you look at it through it is mosty all cons.Jm
Yeah I'm sure girls will all go "Oh! There is free daycare at my highschool! Cool, can't wait wait to get pregnant!!"

Do you realize just how ****ing retarded you are?

ADarksideJedi
Do you relised that this does have them think that if they are giving them an easy way beside Abortion to support them?Someone else for my ignore list!Thanks.jm

Tha C-Master

On the other hand, it'll also give the illusion of a safety-net "If I get pregnant I can dump the baby in the school's daycare and not worry about it." Out of sight, out of mind, etc. I agree, it's trying to help, but I don't like the idea of it at a normal public school. It makes the school look bad for one. It should be at a special type of school for kids trying to catch up. We have a school like that called Phoenix.

It's not free is it?

Originally posted by Fishy
They have a kid, I very much doubt they are going to think like that. The moment they get out of school they still have to take care of the kid. So their life is still going to suck.

Still if this wouldn't be around the children would far more likely drop out. They would have a lot more trouble and they wouldn't get an education. And that would hurt the economy far more then paying for daycare. I actually think this is a brilliant idea. If they play it smart it doesn't even have to cost that much.

Daycare at school for teenage moms is great, it would be better if the school just would have given Sex Ed. and the children wouldn't haven't gotten pregnant in the first case, but it's to late for that now. People ultimately make their own choices, no matter what the school provides.

Mindship
I think it's yet another band-aid slapped onto a culture with high-profile Anna Nicole Smith / Paris Hilton values.

Eis
Do you relised that this does have them think that if they are giving them an easy way beside Abortion to support them?Someone else for my ignore list!Thanks.jm
And something wrong with the government trying to make life easier for these girls or do you simply want them all to abort?

Fishy
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I agree, it's trying to help, but I don't like the idea of it at a normal public school. It makes the school look bad for one. It should be at a special type of school for kids trying to catch up. We have a school like that called Phoenix.

It's not free is it?

People ultimately make their own choices, no matter what the school provides.

of course people make their own choices, but the reasoning behind their choices can differ greatly when people have had an education the subject or not. Somebody who is not aware of the risks fully or thinks of it as a taboo will not as easily go out and take the precautions that people who do not think of it as a taboo and who do know the risk will take.

In the end, getting something out of the taboo sphere helps people.

Lana

Errr, you might have a point if sex ed classes actually taught anything other than "sex is bad so don't have it".

And I don't really see how a daycare in a high school is actually supporting the mother. It's not helping them pay for caring for their kid or anything. It's allowing them to stay in school instead of dropping out.

Working parents can put their kid in daycare. Many colleges have daycares for the children of students and a college student who's a mother may well only be a few months older than a high school student who's a mother.

Soleran
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
And what if it's a private school, eh Sherlock? Your whole argument, or rather the only part that is actually sound, puts it's basis on public, government funded schools. Well, what about private schools? Would you still be against having day cares?

Save your "precision" analysis of "sound discussion" within my opinion.

If it's a private school then it's a "private" business in certain regards and if the parents and school want to increase tuition to fund it great. However what I don't typically see happening with any sort of frequency in private schools is chicks popping in pregnant and looking for subsidized daycares from their school.

They typically already have money from mom and dad or they wouldn't be paying to go to the private school now, huh?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Ok so lets just make their lives living hell then. No one believes in second chances anymore.

Yes, second chances, and maybe a third, or fourth.

Darth Macabre
Save your "precision" analysis of "sound discussion" within my opinion.

If it's a private school then it's a "private" business in certain regards and if the parents and school want to increase tuition to fund it great. However what I don't typically see happening with any sort of frequency in private schools is chicks popping in pregnant and looking for subsidized daycares from their school.

They typically already have money from mom and dad or they wouldn't be paying to go to the private school now, huh? Making baseless generalizations to support your argument, good for you! thumb up Not all kids who go to private schools are rich, or, as you think, goody-too shoes. I went to private school, and I knew two girls- as in I was friends with two girls, but there were more--, one was a senior when I was a freshman, and one was a junior when I was a senior, that got pregnant. So save your "I don't see many...popping in" for someone who doesn't have first hand experience. You see, your whole argument was based on government money, now, when it's privately funded, what's your argument? That it's wrong, or some how misguided, for schools to have day cares to help teens get through highschool?

Devil King

Abortion is helpful in situations like this.

Soleran
Making baseless generalizations to support your argument, good for you! thumb up

Haha, ok, next.

I never said they were rich, nor goody-too shoes. I wish that your private education would have taught you more though.

Yes my discussion is based on public entities because I fund those agencies with tax's. I don't go in telling private entities the right or wrong thing about their money, if the parents want to pay more to fund kids that are irresponsibly that's their choice, good for them.

Teens are kids still and have parents, let the families handle the daycare concerns and let the education facilities educate the youths.

Darth Macabre
Yes my discussion is based on public entities because I fund those agencies with tax's. I don't go in telling private entities the right or wrong thing about their money, if the parents want to pay more to fund kids that are irresponsibly that's their choice, good for them.

Teens are kids still and have parents, let the families handle the daycare concerns and let the education facilities educate the youths.

See, that's all I asked in my first response to you. The rest of it was directed at the thread in general. All I wanted was to hear you say that, either way, you are pretty much against it, instead of basing it on funds.

Oh, and you'll be glad to know that my private school education has taught me well.

Soleran
See, that's all I asked in my first response to you. The rest of it was directed at the thread in general. All I wanted was to hear you say that, either way, you are pretty much against it, instead of basing it on funds.

I had addressed you once already and it is more then a funding issue. However it's the funding issue that is easy to identify and discuss.

Darth Macabre
I had addressed you once already and it is more then a funding issue. However it's the funding issue that is easy to identify and discuss. I know you had adressed it...But I wanted to see your thought process, hence me bringing up different subject matter. Once I got my answers, I said "See thats all..." to end it.

The Phantom

And what bout those too poor to pay for it who are just barely getting their kids in school as is.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Devil King
Abortion is helpful in situations like this.
Capt, that's harsh. We know you don't like her, but...

chillmeistergen
Not much wrong with it really in my opinion. It's not as if the teen mothers are in school twenty four hours a day, they have to look after their child every hour they are not in school. Plus, cope with all the school work they have to do, that's pretty much two full time jobs.

The Phantom
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Not much wrong with it really in my opinion. It's not as if the teen mothers are in school twenty four hours a day, they have to look after their child every hour they are not in school. Plus, cope with all the school work they have to do, that's pretty much two full time jobs. Not to mention if they need to get a job to help support the child.

ADarksideJedi
I think the daycare is free it should not be.And it does make the school look bad.You can't disargee with that.Wow this thread is more popular then I thought it would be,Keep it up people!jm

BackFire
Yeah, I'm sure girls decide to not worry about getting pregnant because daycares are around.

"Gee, I really shouldn't get pregnant, you know, it would really make my life difficult, I would have trouble finishing my education, I'd have to immediately get a job and support another human being and pretty much give up my entire childhood and young adulthood for this kid."

"Oh, don't worry about it, your highschool has daycare you can use"

"Oh really? It's cool then".

Rogue Jedi
right...."dont worry about birth control, we have in school day care!!!" laughing out loud

vandergirl
It takes two to have a baby! Where's the daddy?

The Phantom
Originally posted by vandergirl
It takes two to have a baby! Where's the daddy? In jail. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by vandergirl
It takes two to have a baby! Where's the daddy?
i'm your daddy. laughing out loud KIDDING!!!

Alliance

I think we should make life for teen mothers as difficult as possible. Because if they choose not to abort and raise a child, they're life should really be a living hell. We hsould make sure that the the mother and child have to take terrible risks and plunge them into poverty.

ADarksideJedi
My dear Alliance how nice of you for your comments!You made the mistake you fix it.However the goverment decides on having such daycares so there can be more unmarried teens using them.
It is funny how they are always say they are against it but still go on to do daycares at school how Ironic?jm

The Phantom
Originally posted by Alliance
I think we should make life for teen mothers as difficult as possible. Because if they choose not to abort and raise a child, they're life should really be a living hell. We hsould make sure that the the mother and child have to take terrible risks and plunge them into poverty. Wow... dude... go get a noose.

ADarksideJedi
I think that is what he needs!Night!jm

Goddess Kali
So Jackie, would you rather the mothers have an Abortion instead ?

You don't make any sense..you are against Abortion, but then if the girl decides to have the baby, you don't want her to be helped ? erm

ADarksideJedi
I am against abortion but a highschool having a daycare is not helping at all but again supporting.I d on't see why you don't get that?Anyway got to catch my z's.jm

Goddess Kali
A High School having a Day care allows the girl to finish school so that she can get a job to support her child....are you like....blind ?

ADarksideJedi
Are you blind?Because what I see is a school saying that it is ok for girls to have children because they will support them so they can get an education.Why should we may for our children to go to school that uses our money to support such a thing when maybe we don't want too?How about that?night.jm

Goddess Kali
You are against Abortion, but if a young girl has the baby, you don't want her to be helped....that doesn't make any sense, what so ever.

You would rather the girl quit school, and be poor ? How can a girl raise her child and give her a child a good life if she can't finish her education ?

ADarksideJedi
Be poor?How can she be poor?No one is just poor.I homeschooled for my last two years of highschool and I was fine and did get my education if I was an unmarried teen I would had done the same thing.
Homeschooling is always sometihng you can do that will help you.If people do that no highschool would ever have to have a daycare.Jm

Goddess Kali
JM...some people are poor. Some people cannot afford homeschooling....a young girl absoulely needs to finish her education so that she can support herself and her baby if she decides to have one.

Goddess Kali
Anyways, thank you for sharing that you were homeschooled...that certainly explains a LOT

FeceMan
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Anyways, thank you for sharing that you were homeschooled...that certainly explains a LOT
No, it doesn't.

Her being mentally retarded explains a lot.

Alliance
That also. I totally dig how she liked my comments.

ADarksideJedi
Homeschooling kids actly got better grades then public schools if you guys ever read the newspaper they do better on test.Jm

Schecter
I homeschooled for my last two years of highschool

FAIL (obviously)

Röland
Be poor?How can she be poor?No one is just poor.

That might be the dumbest statement I've ever read.

Schecter

Röland
Originally posted by Schecter
then you must be new here. stick around, the day is young

Yeah, I don't visit the GDF much.

ADarksideJedi

G U I T A R
I think it's annoying...Im at school right now and all the little distract me when they are running up and down the halls.

Röland
WHY WOULD you think it is dumb?Exclaim about being poor to me.If you go to school then she is not poor is she?Jm

Just because she goes to high school does not mean her family has a ton of money.

Alliance
Homeschooling kids actly got better grades then public schools if you guys ever read the newspaper they do better on test.Jm

Except:

1. You don't learn what it means to live an a society.
2. Your parents can bastardize your education and indoctrinate you with whatever propoganda they want.
3. You don't actually get a full education.
WHY WOULD you think it is dumb?Exclaim about being poor to me.If you go to school then she is not poor is she?Jm

The STATE pays for their education.

Didn't you learn about poverty in homeschool? Was that just another topic you didn't learn? (like putting spaces after periods and forming complete sentances?)

ADarksideJedi
Well not everyone is rich.Most innercity kids get money from being on welfare that is our tex money going to them so they can get drugs or tv or any other thng you can think of.
I bet even Wii.Anyway my point is that why should be paying the schools to support teen's having there babies there.It is there bussincess but yet we are involved how is this fair or make sence>jm

Soleran
Well not everyone is rich.Most innercity kids get money from being on welfare that is our tex money going to them so they can get drugs or tv or any other thng you can think of.
I bet even Wii.Anyway my point is that why should be paying the schools to support teen's having there babies there.It is there bussincess but yet we are involved how is this fair or make sence>jm

It doesn't make sense.

ADarksideJedi
All I am saying is why should we pay for unmarried teens to have daycares at our school.Is it our fault they made a mistake?No!If we don't want to support it we still get pushed on to paying for them.jm

Soleran
All I am saying is why should we pay for unmarried teens to have daycares at our school.Is it our fault they made a mistake?No!If we don't want to support it we still get pushed on to paying for them.jm

While I agree with your sentiment a bigger concern for me is:

Spending money on a daycare to provide a resource to a very limited group while constantly battling for money to upgrade our education system is crazy, imo.

Röland
Well not everyone is rich.

I never said everyone was rich, you were the one who said "If you go to school then she is not poor is she?" Which is basically saying "How is she poor if she goes to school?" As Alliance pointed out the STATE pays for her education.

Anyway my point is that why should be paying the schools to support teen's having there babies there.It is there bussincess but yet we are involved how is this fair or make sence>jm

So because they either made a mistake or made a bad choice, society should just give up on them? Yeah that makes perfect sense. Daycares are not supporting them, a daycare is there to help them atleast get a high school diploma so they can support themselves and the child when they are out of school. If the mother decides to attend college, most colleges provide daycare facilities as well.

ADarksideJedi
Maybe they should not get a highschool diploma and like I said there is always homeschooling.Why are you so against homeschooling?You learn from home and you teach yourself.There is no shame on it. Also you are home with the baby and do'nt have to have a daycare.jm

Alliance
This is just beyond ridiculous.

Uneducated people are BAD for society (as you clearly demonstrate)...why increase poverty, depression, poor education, drug use, violence, and bad parenting, just because a girl has a baby which IN YOUR OPINION is a mistake.

Aren't you supposed to help people?

Homeschooling?

1. You don't learn what it means to live an a society.
2. Your parents can bastardize your education and indoctrinate you with whatever propoganda they want.
3. You don't actually get a full education.

Röland
Maybe they should not get a highschool diploma and like I said there is always homeschooling.Why are you so against homeschooling?You learn from home and you teach yourself.There is no shame on it. Also you are home with the baby and do'nt have to have a daycare.jm

Yeah, that will solve everything, deny them their diploma.

I never said I was against homeschooling. In fact I never brought up homeschooling, you did. laughing out loud

Do you know how hard it is to take care of a baby? I'm sure the mother is going to love trying to balance the baby and school work at the same time if she is being home schooled.

ADarksideJedi
Not true you do get an education and if you were in school before you homeschooled for highschool then you did get a chance to be around others.
You should go look up homeschooling on the web becaues you are wrong on what you say.I was homeschooling and it is jus like being in school you just learn at home.
No differences.Look it up and see.I have no idea why you think that way clearly you don't know any homeschooling familys.If you did you would not say that sort of stuff about them.jm

chillmeistergen
Not true you do get an education and if you were in school before you homeschooled for highschool then you did get a chance to be around others.
You should go look up homeschooling on the web becaues you are wrong on what you say.I was homeschooling and it is jus like being in school you just learn at home.
No differences.Look it up and see.I have no idea why you think that way clearly you don't know any homeschooling familys.If you did you would not say that sort of stuff about them.jm

I think you need to go and do some more home schooling, to brush up on your English language skills.

Alliance
I do know homeschooled kids. Now that they're in colledge...they realize how stupid it was and how many things they didn't learn.

I know about homeschooling, and the problems I've listed are the main reasons why its not as good a s public (or even private) schooling.

Schecter
was there any actual schooling involved in this homeshcooling?

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I think you need to go and do some more home schooling, to brush up on your English language skills.

If you guys don't want to see what you said is wrong about homeschooling then that is fine but don't say anything inless you are sure what you are saying is right.Anywho got to get to work!Bye!jm smile

Fishy

Really you are not the best role model for homeschooling. Besides it will simply not teach you everything that normal schooling will. You might know more from text books at the end of your education or far less depending on your parents. But you will simply not have the same experience and social skill as somebody that is taught on a school.

Besides homeschooling requires money, requires people capable and willing of teaching you and requires a hell of a lot of time. Something that a lot of family's can't bring up. For the young parents there are often only two real choices.

1.) Drop out of school and try to get a job so you can raise your kid.
2.) Stay in school and let somebody else raise your kid.

The second option is obviously the best but it requires people to take care of your kid. If the school is willing to do that, then that is perfect. Educating people is one of the if not the most important job of a government. They should do everything they can to make sure people finish their education.

ADarksideJedi
And letting someone raise your kid is a good thing?It is there fault they had made and they should be able to take care of it themselves.Thanks for saying I am not a role model but I have to disargee with you with that.
Because I was homeschooled and it was not as musch as one would think.If you were not homeschooled then yuo have alot to learn about role models.jm

Fishy
And letting someone raise your kid is a good thing?It is there fault they had made and they should be able to take care of it themselves.Thanks for saying I am not a role model but I have to disargee with you with that.
Because I was homeschooled and it was not as musch as one would think.If you were not homeschooled then yuo have alot to learn about role models.jm

Well, at least I can actually spell home schooled... a lot, you and much... Go public education.

And again, if you let the mother take care of the child herself. She will have to drop out of school, at least in 9 out of 10 cases. If she drops out of school she will be working some dead end job for the rest of her life, and suffering for a stupid mistake she made when she was young. The punishment far outweighs the supposed crime.

Not to mention both mother and the child will likely be a burden on the economy. There is a reason why education is so important, it brings in money later on. Educating people is very important if you want to create an economically strong country where people can actually have good lives. Forcing teenage mothers to go out of school will not help their education and it will end up hurting your education. Real smart move there.

Storm

botankus
The highschool I went to had a daycare

During the day, when you were in daycare, did any of the students come by and tease you?

chillmeistergen
I thought darksidejedi was home schooled? Bizarre....

botankus
If I remember the song-and-dance correctly, she was allowed to use computers while in her classes at high school. That was shocking, because if I were a teacher she would be doing a bit more of the remedial English instead of surfing the Internet.

chillmeistergen
My sentiments exactly. It's a sad day when the person debating for tougher regulations in education etc cannot spell schooled.

Schecter
well, extra-extra emphasis on "home" and very little to no emphasis on "schooled" would be more accurate. maybe "home raised?"

The Phantom
I'm still wondering why she is debating it. THe side for it seems to be much stronger than hers at the moment. We come with more benefits than hers, which the only on I see is that our tax money doesn't go into the daycares.

Funkadelic

STFU!

What the hell is ur problem.
People don't always ask 2B pregnant and when school helps them I thought that was a good thing. What R u talkin' 'bout? I'd rather have my tax money go 2 somethin' like that instead of the war in iraq.

Soleran
I'm still wondering why she is debating it. THe side for it seems to be much stronger than hers at the moment. We come with more benefits than hers, which the only on I see is that our tax money doesn't go into the daycares.

Well that and the fact the Govt will still pick up most the tab if not all for daycares for these teens, so really it is redundant and just a foolish additional cost.

Schecter
funny how a fetus must be protected at all costs, but once its born, the attitude apparently shifts from "its just an innocent life" to the idea that it should be punished along with the mother just to prove some point. so i guess inside the womb a fetus has more rights and is respected more than a baby outside the womb. i guess one's basic rights rub off as they pass through the birth canal.

Funkadelic
funny how a fetus must be protected at all costs, but once its born, the attitude apparently shifts from "its just an innocent life" to the idea that it should be punished along with the mother just to prove some point. so i guess inside the womb a fetus has more rights and is respected more than a baby outside the womb. i guess one's basic rights rub off as they pass through the birth canal.
A foetus can B killed when the mother feels like it. I do agree. ADJ's absurd idea of punishing the mother affects not only the mother but the kid 2.

Schecter
Originally posted by Funkadelic
A foetus can B killed when the mother feels like it.

im referring to the pro-life ideal, and not actual u.s. law.........yet

The Phantom
funny how a fetus must be protected at all costs, but once its born, the attitude apparently shifts from "its just an innocent life" to the idea that it should be punished along with the mother just to prove some point. so i guess inside the womb a fetus has more rights and is respected more than a baby outside the womb. i guess one's basic rights rub off as they pass through the birth canal. So to have full rights you don't have to be a full American or anything! YOU NEED TO BE IN THE WOMB! QUICK! EVERYONE! BACK TO THE WOMB!

Röland
And letting someone raise your kid is a good thing?

Better than the child and mother living in poverty because the mother had to drop out of school. I don't think it will hurt the child that much to be in a daycare system for 6 hours out of the day while the mother goes to school to improve her life and the child's life.

ragesRemorse
times change, thus things change. the fact that there is daycare in highschools makes me feel that youths morals and responsibility is non-existant, but it doesnt mean they should be left out of the developmental process of high school. I would be more worried about the babies being victims to other valueless teens whom shoot the shit out of their schools. Thankfully though teenagers make for terrible marksmen. I mean what, the columbine clan had a small arsenal as well as numerous pipebombs, yet were only able to sucessfullly nuetralize about 16 or 17 kids. Thats pathetic

ragesRemorse
times change, thus things change. the fact that there is daycare in highschools makes me feel that youths morals and responsibility is non-existant, but it doesnt mean they should be left out of the developmental process of high school. I would be more worried about the babies being victims to other valueless teens whom shoot the shit out of their schools. Thankfully though teenagers make for terrible marksmen. I mean what, the columbine clan had a small arsenal as well as numerous pipebombs, yet were only able to sucessfullly nuetralize about 16 or 17 kids. Thats pathetic, maybe having daycares in the school will allow for these body counts to rise in school shootings, so for that reaosn, im all for it

sorry for the double post

Dreamt
Do you relised that this does have them think that if they are giving them an easy way beside Abortion to support them?Someone else for my ignore list!Thanks.jm Do you just add random people to it who offer up criticisms?

Alliance
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
times change, thus things change. the fact that there is daycare in highschools makes me feel that youths morals and responsibility is non-existant, but it doesnt mean they should be left out of the developmental process of high school. I would be more worried about the babies being victims to other valueless teens whom shoot the shit out of their schools. Thankfully though teenagers make for terrible marksmen. I mean what, the columbine clan had a small arsenal as well as numerous pipebombs, yet were only able to sucessfullly nuetralize about 16 or 17 kids. Thats pathetic, maybe having daycares in the school will allow for these body counts to rise in school shootings, so for that reaosn, im all for it

laughing Well thinkgs like Columbine are incredibly common and poverty is so incredibly uncommon, it seems like a great trade off to me. The baby is as likely to be shot at home as he is in daycare...at a SCHOOL no less.

Seriously this is know joke. I knew girls who dropped out of my high school because they got pregnant. Its not a joke and it just etarnalizes the cycle of poverty, uneducation, and lack of moral guidance that they are already in.

Soleran
Seriously this is know joke. I knew girls who dropped out of my high school because they got pregnant. Its not a joke and it just etarnalizes the cycle of poverty, uneducation, and lack of moral guidance that they are already in.

Yeah, not providing daycares does all that, it's the magic bullet we were waiting for!

Alliance
Yes...that and the no child left behind act.

Solving our nations moral and educational problems.

Soleran
Yes...that and the no child left behind act.

Solving our nations moral and educational problems.

Wow, another political puppetsad

ragesRemorse

oh yeah, i have known several similar cases. I greatly support the idea of paying a few extra tax dollars if it means giving someone who may have made a mistake an oppertunity to conintue their education. However, i fear most people whom get pregnant at 14 are probably doomed for living off of the Government while they bithc how their government doesnt care about them.

Alliance
Wow, another political puppetsad

Wow, do you even know me? sad

Adam_PoE
To opponents of high schools providing childcare, I would like to quote Rep. Gilda Cobb-Hunter, "You love them in the womb, but once they get here, it's a different story."

Goddess Kali
Well, duhh....foetuses are far more important than actual children.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
oh yeah, i have known several similar cases. I greatly support the idea of paying a few extra tax dollars if it means giving someone who may have made a mistake an oppertunity to conintue their education. However, i fear most people whom get pregnant at 14 are probably doomed for living off of the Government while they bithc how their government doesnt care about them.

They are living off the goverment.Welfare is comman along teen mothers and does this make it right that just because they made a mistake we have to pay for it?
Who made the mistake us or them?I don't think it is right for us to do something for someone who made that mistake hursh but true.Jm

Goddess Kali
Why are you so damn judgemental ?

You argue that a woman cannot have an abortion, but then she has to suffer without help for helping her baby survive ?

Forget the mother for a second...Jackie, would you allow a baby to suffer if you can help ? Or would you just sit there and say "well, im not helping that family, that baby's suffering is not my problem, it's the problem of his/her mother"

God, the hypocrisy....

Alliance
They are living off the goverment.Welfare is comman along teen mothers and does this make it right that just because they made a mistake we have to pay for it?
Who made the mistake us or them?I don't think it is right for us to do something for someone who made that mistake hursh but true.Jm

And without the EDUCATION that YOU want to DENY them, they will stay on welfare for the rest of thier life.

And if you are complaining about welfare...likelyhood is high that you come from a state that pays some of the least in taxes and recieves some of the most...so quit being a hypocrite and complaining about systems you don't understand.

ADarksideJedi
Speak for yourself?You are once again repecting what you had aready told me.Clearly you are repecting yourself over and over again.In about five mins I will know whta you said by heart.Or is that your plan?If it is it is working!Night.jm

Alliance
Am I the only one picturing jm as a 8 year old with pigtails, running in circles with her fingers in her ears screaming "nah nah nah nah nah nah...I'm not listning!"?

Goddess Kali
She's gotten better though....I used to hate her...she and I actually get along better, because sometimes she will actually hear you out. Other times she won't laughing

Alliance
What the f**k?

Goddess Kali
Trust me, she's gotten smarter....only a little bit, but it's a big improvement. She and I actually had normal and open conversations without a problem...you remember how before the two of us couldn't even be in the same thread

Czarina_Czarina

as long as it doesn't last GENERATIONS, it's ok, but as soon as it becomes a social phenomena, i would be concerned.

ADarksideJedi
It seen to b e doing that aready!Anywho got to get some sleep,Night.jm

ragesRemorse

We are like minded. I canot stand the abuse and misdirection of the current welfare system. however, one thing i wouldnt mind my taxed dollars going to is a program that gives teens an opportunity to not become dependant on welfare through out the rest of their lives.
children of parents whom are welfare dependant and have no problem with it usually grow up mirror their parents financial lifestyle.

The Phantom
It seen to b e doing that aready!Anywho got to get some sleep,Night.jm You realize you say goodnight about 10 times before you actually leave?

Devil King
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
She's gotten better though....I used to hate her...she and I actually get along better, because sometimes she will actually hear you out. Other times she won't laughing

So who is that supposed to legitimize? Neither of you, as far as I'm concerned.

Soleran
And without the EDUCATION that YOU want to DENY them, they will stay on welfare for the rest of thier life.

No one is denying the teen mothers an education and receiving a highschool education doesn't mean they won't be on welfare anyway, so that's moot.

The so called "system" creates the problem to begin with.

botankus
No one is denying the teen mothers an education and receiving a highschool education doesn't mean they won't be on welfare anyway, so that's moot.

Working the photo desk at CVS isn't welfare.

Victor Von Doom
It's so immoral, isn't it?

All this 'getting pregnant'. No-one should do it.

Alliance

They're likely denying teen mothers healthy environments for thier children. They're making it unable for the woman to continue her education at the present.

And are you saying that people with high school diplomas are NOT less likely to be on welfare?

Also, "moot" means irrelvant, and nothing about my post was irrelevant to not contributing to the conversation...so find a more accurate word and learn how to use it.Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

Certainly not jm....EVER.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

People who are married and are not teens can be pregnant there is nothing wrong with that.But teen pregnantly which had been low since the nintys(which is a good tihng)should be homeschooled and not have the highschool supporting them by taking our money.
If they want to help them so much they should get the money out of there own pocket.Jm

Soleran
They're likely denying teen mothers healthy environments for thier children.

How do you figure?

No, the teen is making that descision.

I'm saying a single mother (that's what I am assuming based on your responses so far in this discussion) with only a highschool education will still more then likely be on welfare, highschool diploma or not.

You're explanation of education and welfare was moot, simply having a highschool education doesn't mean you won't be on welfare and as a single mom chances are VERY high that even with a highschool education she'll still be on welfare.

ADarksideJedi
I like what you put No, the teen is making that descision. THey are making that descision there life is going to be hell now no matter what happens to them.Why should we put our money through the hell that they are now living?jm

Victor Von Doom
People who are married and are not teens can be pregnant there is nothing wrong with that.But teen pregnantly which had been low since the nintys(which is a good tihng)should be homeschooled and not have the highschool supporting them by taking our money.
If they want to help them so much they should get the money out of there own pocket.Jm

Yeah, we should just end schooling in total. No point wasting the money.

I see you've made an admirable gesture towards that.

ADarksideJedi
I did not mean no school!jm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>