Manchester Black v Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
black damn near broke the man of steel. can he take out the manhunter from mars?

llagrok
Could you please write down Manchester Black's powers? Not familiar with him ^^

leonidas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Black

smile

black is fuggin SWEET!

spetznaz
Very nice thread.

Actually quite the thread if you ask me, particularly considering the fact that the two characters bring a very interesting set of abilities to the fray.

For one you have the Martian: In essence, Superman with highest-tier telepathy (amongst other things like highest-tier shape-shifting, top-level phasing, etc). Going back to the telepathy, what MM has is far more than simple mental manipulation. Being a Martian he has the entire accumulated knowledge of his predecessors when it comes to the use of telepathy (which is one simple thing many of the people who think that Xavier has a CHANCE against MM forget .....facing MM means not just facing his prodigious level of telepathy coupled with his EXTREMELY proficient adeptness at using it, BUT ALSO facing that experience AUGMENTED by the experience of the Martians who have gone before Jjon).

On the other hand you have Black. Not just a telepath of the highest-order (the guy is also at a level that would make Xavier go back to school), but also an extremely high level telekinetic. For instance his control of several thousand people is similar to Darkseid level telepathy (erm ....actually it is not, especially when you consider Darkseid was controlling 3 million Daxamites ....3 million instead of several thousand, and Superman level daxamites instead of humans....but well, i tried LOL). Anyways, Black was toying with Superman and making things particularly difficult for him (to say the least).

Anyways, that is what is being brought to the table!

Who would win?

The answer is simple .....the Martian Manhunter.

And here is why:

Look at the battle between Superman and Black. Black was literally dismantling the man of steel, and even gave him a mental stroke that was roughly equivalent to a cerebral earthquake. However, Superman was still able to eventually get back into the fray, and to win. And Superman (after being treated like a chew toy) defeated MB with some ease by simply doing some micro brain surgery on the guy using his heat vision (BTW, this is something Superman could also use against the Hulk. Simply excise the part of the brain that is responsible for emotion, and the Hulk would be no more. And as seen by what Superman did to MB, and also on how Superman used his heat vision to burn a tracking device that had been implanted on Batman's brain, Superman seems to have a knack when it comes to human craniums).
But I digress ....the short story is that Superman won. Superman, who for all his powers has absolutely no psionics going on for him (although it has been theorized that all of Superman's powers are actually due to solar-fueled psionics, but that is another story).

Now, what happens when you have a Superman-esque character who ALSO happens to be one of the foremost non-abstract level users of telepathy around?

Also, it would be largely unwise for either to try to probe the others' mind! Thus, it would be highly imprudent for MB to poke in Jjon's mind, and vice-versa. Thus to a large effect the two would neutralize a core part of each other's telepathic abilities.

But that would still leave Jjon as a superman-level character (with neutralized TP), and MB as a person with his telepathy neutralized but who still has a load of TK going on for him.

However, MB's TK would be for naught! Why? Well, because Jjon would simple phase and become intangible.
That is, until the last moment when he is next to MB.

Then it would be cold green Martian hands with superman-level strength around a human neck. And that is just one of various ways that MM could kill MB (there are several nastier ways).

Or he could simply do what Superman did to MB.

Either way, MM wins.

BTW, my favorite MM scan:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/Jimscomic158.jpg

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
black damn near broke the man of steel. can he take out the manhunter from mars?

mm

Brian Oswald
You know theres got to be some PIS in that. OF COURSE Superman was going to win the fight. Black could have shoved Supes braines into his feet if there wasn't PIS involved.

But I do agree that MM would win because his power's grant him an upper edge that Superman does not have.

leonidas
hmm, in the later arc, supes couldn't really do anything to black. black essentially let supes off the hook when he realized he couldn't break his will -- get superman to kill him.

i guess it boils down to whether you feel mm has greater to than black. his tk is likely enough to allow him to go h2h for a while at least, and implants in his eyes prevent the brain surgery that superman did to him.

i'm not convinced mm's tp>black's tp. if it is not, then black can win this. mm DOES have some planetary tp feats, right? if someone can confirm that, i may change my mind. i'm curious where they rank relative to each other in tp more than anything since i think that's what decides this match.

TricksterPriest
Just to clarify one mistake Spetnaz made. That wasn't 3 million Daxamites. That was 3 BILLION Daxamites. And under a yellow sun too.

Otherwise, co-sign with what he said. Martian's gonna win this.

leonidas
what's mm's biggest tp feat?

guy222
still martian

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by leonidas
what's mm's biggest tp feat?

He kept Vishnu asleep in direct opposition to the will of every Hindu in the world. Pushed his mind through Maggedon's psychic wake. He's scanned every mind on the planet a few times.

BLAZING SKY II
1. Manchester's Psychokinesis WOULD count because manhunter intangibility wouldn't evade it because thats how he flies, and as we'v seen he can fly while intangible so it stands to reason TK would effect him.

2. Manchester has one telepathic feat even Martian Manhunter couldn't match
HE TOOK OVER DOOMSDAY'S MIND a mind specifically adapted to resist telepathic control.

So if anything it would be much closer, the comics are VERY sketchy on how powerful MM psychokinesis is,but even if blacks is stronger he'l have a hell of a time trying to kill Martian Manhunter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.