Daredevil/Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CasanoVa
Ok, so you bitches don't fill that thread up of mindless blather, I've made you a thread.

Why did Wolverine need Daredevil to see if Crossbones was lieing? Maybe just because he's better at it?

I loved the ending to that issue though either way, but yeah so:

Who has better senses Wolverine or Daredevil?

jinzin
well DD has better sense of touch, possibly taste, and definitely hearing.. but he's outright admitted that wolverine's sense of smell is superior, he said it during infinity war.. or crusade or whatever series that was.

CasanoVa
I see Soljer, my thread not good enough for you? shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by CasanoVa
I see Soljer, my thread not good enough for you? shifty

Well, hell no!

smile.

Scoobless
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Ok, so you bitches don't fill that thread up of mindless blather, I've made you a thread.

Why did Wolverine need Daredevil to see if Crossbones was lieing? Maybe just because he's better at it?

I loved the ending to that issue though either way, but yeah so:

Who has better senses Wolverine or Daredevil?

Because DD's can hear the slightest variation in a person's heart rate.

capt it up
see that false actaully. In order to see if a person lieing a better sense of smell would be needed not hearing. Also unlike DD logan was trained in the art of lieing as well as hwo to tell when some one is lieing. He be teh superior at telling if some one was infact lieing.

Alfheim
Originally posted by capt it up
see that false actaully. In order to see if a person lieing a better sense of smell would be needed not hearing. Also unlike DD logan was trained in the art of lieing as well as hwo to tell when some one is lieing. He be teh superior at telling if some one was infact lieing.

I dunno man Wolverine did actually say he wanted DD to come along to see if Crossbones was lying.....I mean for crying out loud.

DD aferwards says something about Wolverine wanted DD to be there to stop him from killing him.....maybe, even if that was the case we do know that Wolverine categorically said that he wanted to DD there for the pupose of lie detection.

I was also under the impression that there are no lie detection method that utilise the use of smell.

capt it up
Originally posted by Alfheim
I dunno man Wolverine did actually say he wanted DD to come along to see if Crossbones was lying.....I mean for crying out loud.

DD aferwards says something about Wolverine wanted DD to be there to stop him from killing him.....maybe, even if that was the case we do know that Wolverine categorically said that he wanted to DD there for the pupose of lie detection.

I was also under the impression that there are no lie detection method that utilise the use of smell.

actaully chemicals in the body are realsed when you lie wolverine has stated he cna smell them..........

see the thing is why would he bring DD when he has neevr once has trouble telling when soem ones lieing and has training in the art when DD does not.......

Soljer
How about we all just say "Wolverine is teh besterzestest!" and maybe Capt will go away satisfied for a little while.

jinzin
that was tad uncalled for soljer... not usually your style, I'm a bit dissapointed in you.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
How about we all just say "Wolverine is teh besterzestest!" and maybe Capt will go away satisfied for a little while.
yes insulting me is such a good thing to do, becuase we all know I deserve it and all roll eyes (sarcastic) .

This is sad. I am argueing some thing that should be argued. It been stated wolverine has a better sense of smell. Smell is the key sense used to tell when a person is lieing. Wolverine was trained how to lie and how to know if some one is lieing. Wolverine has never had problems figuring out when a person was lying, but now all of a sudden he needs DD to help him? Seem rather wierd.

I don't think your little insult was needed and I did not find it funny. You could have at least picked a better topic then one in which I have a valid point in the discussion.

jinzin
to be honest.. it may have had to do with wolverine really wanting DD to stop him from offing crossbones.. or to stand as a witness to wolverine's "self defense" assuming they got caught and tried for murder wolverine would have a defense.. it's not as if superhero vigilanteism is going to help him nowadays..

capt it up
Originally posted by jinzin
to be honest.. it may have had to do with wolverine really wanting DD to stop him from offing crossbones.. or to stand as a witness to wolverine's "self defense" assuming they got caught and tried for murder wolverine would have a defense.. it's not as if superhero vigilanteism is going to help him nowadays..
thats what I figured and he used the senses as an excuse so DD did not know his true motives.......

Soljer
I read (quite) a bit of a condescending tone in Capt's posts, and I was offended.

capt it up
I read (quite) a bit of a condescending tone in Capt's posts, and I was offended.
wtf..........whatare you talking about......don't even try to play insulting me as justified when it was not.

You mean, my post that responded to you insulting me? Oh dam right I was condescending.

Soljer
roll eyes (sarcastic) Get off your high horse, dipshit. You've acted condescending since post 1.

capt it up

capt it up
roll eyes (sarcastic) Get off your high horse, dipshit. You've acted condescending since post 1.

were? on this thread? what? I was not condesending to you until you insulted me.

also my high horse? I am not on a horse. I leave them in my barn.....

There no need to insult me further. You notice I do not insult you. I hardly insult people other then xmeat since he just annoying.

Darth Macabre
Smell is the key sense used to tell when a person is lieing. I hope you don't mean in the real world, because, you're wrong. no expression

capt it up
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I hope you don't mean in the real world, because, you're wrong. no expression
no in comic........... in the real world it heart rate. However in the comci world people can control there heart rates which is why the senses of smell is so important. Also no one in the real world hearing or smelling would help them with knowing if a person is lieing lol.

Darth Macabre
Also no one in the real world hearing or smelling would help them with knowing if a person is lieing lol. shifty Don't be too sure about that.

ninja

capt it up
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
shifty Don't be too sure about that.

ninja
lol. imagine if the only super power you got was super hearing while all your friends go like super speed or strength or durabilty or could fly lol

willRules
The problem is Daredevil can smell extremely well as well, granted Wolverine has a superior set of nostrils, but DD isn't a pushover in that respect, plus DD detects the fluctuations in the heartbeat to tell if someone's lying through his hearing. In the real world and the comic book universe, people generally perspire more when they lie which technically both DD and Wolverine can pick up but I'm not sure if Logan can hear someone's heartbeat which DD has done more times than having a hot meal.

But at the end of the day to differentiate between the two is simply splitting hairs, the characters are as good as those who write them say they are yes

capt it up
Originally posted by willRules
The problem is Daredevil can smell extremely well as well, granted Wolverine has a superior set of nostrils, but DD isn't a pushover in that respect, plus DD detects the fluctuations in the heartbeat to tell if someone's lying through his hearing. In the real world and the comic book universe, people generally perspire more when they lie which technically both DD and Wolverine can pick up but I'm not sure if Logan can hear someone's heartbeat which DD has done more times than having a hot meal.

But at the end of the day to differentiate between the two is simply splitting hairs, the characters are as good as those who write them say they are yes
agreed.

oh logan can hear heart beats even from very very far way.

willRules
Do you have any examples? it's not that I don't believe you or anything, I just have never seen Logan do it yes

capt it up
Originally posted by willRules
Do you have any examples? it's not that I don't believe you or anything, I just have never seen Logan do it yes
I am at school so I only take comics that are figthing feats. I see what I can find nhere though/ I know I have many comics back home I can get at a later date I may have a few at school with me also

Mobra
Lol. If Wolverine can hear heartbeats from a large distance. . .sigh.

capt it up
Originally posted by Mobra
Lol. If Wolverine can hear heartbeats from a large distance. . .sigh.
why sigh?......he has super hearing and always has..........

Mobra
I apparently wasn't aware of how "super" his hearing actually was. I always thought of his hearing more as just very "adept" but I guess not.

capt it up
it supose to be superior to any animals........

AcousticDoc
What would you guys say the ranges of their senses are?

DD hearing: 1 mile
Wolv hearing: 800 meters

DD smell: 1200 meters
Wolverine smell: 1 mile?

Mobra
Lol. Well to be a bit more general Daredevil mentions that he can smell the beer on Logan's breathe from four blocks away inside the issue we're talking about.

Also, there's the issue of sensitivity here. There's a bit of a difference between hearing a pin drop at 800 meters and hearing someone yelling at 800 meters.

Janitor Joe
What issue is it?

Mobra
It's The Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America first issue. Wolverine takes Daredevil to interrogate Crossbones while Dr. Strange sheilds them from the S.H.E.I.L.D. stuff.

Metalmanx

No, hearing would be more efficient. And quicker, too. As soon as someone is surprised with a question and lying, their heartbeat gives it away. It would take moments longer for any sort of chemical smell to be sensed. The sound would be first and the first indicator to give the liar away. I'm pretty positive DD's been calling out liars much more than Wolverine does.

And I'll admit that Wolvie's sense of smell is better, since DD outright admitted it.

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
No, hearing would be more efficient. And quicker, too. As soon as someone is surprised with a question and lying, their heartbeat gives it away. It would take moments longer for any sort of chemical smell to be sensed. The sound would be first and the first indicator to give the liar away. I'm pretty positive DD's been calling out liars much more than Wolverine does.

And I'll admit that Wolvie's sense of smell is better, since DD outright admitted it.
see thats false and true. First it true if the person had no forumal training in lieing which fo course cross bone would have. You then ahve to rely on smell. Also wolverine can ehar hear beats also so DD superior hearing would not be needed.

Disappear
both guys have extensive history with using their senses for lie detection. daredevil said about elektra that he knows "exactly what her body smells and sounds like when she's lying," so we know he's using both of those senses when he's on the case. it's not at all difficult to assume logan would, could and does do the same, and i'm sure it's been outright stated somewhere.

it was probably just an excuse to have daredevil in the scene, or to act as a second opinion to wolverine in case his personal feelings regarding the situation clouded his judgement.

as for range, DD's detected a trained assassin and sniper from twelve city blocks away in broad daylight in the hustle and bustle of new york city life. he failed to detect paladin in a helicopter sniping at him from over the hudson river whilst he himself was in the middle of hell's kitchen. so there's a range estimate.

Alfheim
In hindsight the main reason why we know Wolverine brought DD to stop him from killing Crossbones is because he was talking to the Winter Soldier before he spoke to DD.

As far as I Know Winter Soldiers senses are not greater than Wolverines. Since WS did not go with Wolverne he resorted to bringing DD along.

When DD asked Wolverine wether he brought him along to stop him from killing him Wolverine did not answer.....implying that this was true. If it was'nt Wolverine probably would have said something like "Hey **** you man you could'nt stop me from killing him if you tried."

Mobra
Lol. I like that logic. No answer = True.

Not that I dissagree. The whole Bucky thing is the best point against "He took DD to be a lie detector." I just think the no answer thought process is pretty funny.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Mobra
Lol. I like that logic. No answer = True.

Not that I dissagree. The whole Bucky thing is the best point against "He took DD to be a lie detector." I just think the no answer thought process is pretty funny.

Yeah capt it up is right, but for the wrong reason. He thinks DD was brought along for lie detection beacuse hes a rabid fanboy and doesnt want to belive anybody is superior to Wolverine. He didnt come to that conclusion through careful consideration. If it wasnt for Winter Soldier you could probably assume that DD was there for lie detection.

Its funny how Winter Soldier hasnt even crossed Capt it ups mind.

capt it up
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah capt it up is right, but for the wrong reason. He thinks DD was brought along for lie detection beacuse hes a rabid fanboy and doesnt want to belive anybody is superior to Wolverine. He didnt come to that conclusion through careful consideration. If it wasnt for Winter Soldier you could probably assume that DD was there for lie detection.

Its funny how Winter Soldier hasnt even crossed Capt it ups mind.

becuase I am a rabid fan boy? Dude are you ****ing kiding me? You are by far my worse when it comes to being a fan boy mister capt can cause 100 ton type damage.

Oh and by the way smart ass. I said that DD must have been brought to stop wolverine from killing cross bones long before you did.

Oh and another thing what have I done to be called a rabid fan boy? I know what you have done to be called one, but what have I been done? Nothing.

you are a joke please do not attempt to insult me again when you are one of the worst fan boys to graces this wonderful forum of are's.

Alfheim
becuase I am a rabid fan boy? Dude are you ****ing kiding me? You are by far my worse when it comes to being a fan boy mister capt can cause 100 ton type damage.

I already explained that to you you ****ing moron.

Oh and by the way smart ass. I said that DD must have been brought to stop wolverine from killing cross bones long before you did.

Yeah you did for the wrong reason.

Oh and another thing what have I done to be called a rabid fan boy? I know what you have done to be called one, but what have I been done? Nothing.

you are a joke please do not attempt to insult me again when you are one of the worst fan boys to graces this wonderful forum of are's.

Well for starters saying that Wolverine brought DD along to stop him from killing Crossbones. The reason being is that you just cant stand the thought of DD being better at Woilverine at something.

The real proof is that Wolverine asked Winter Soldier, you didnt figure that out at all.

Nataku8188
actaully chemicals in the body are realsed when you lie wolverine has stated he cna smell them..........

see the thing is why would he bring DD when he has neevr once has trouble telling when soem ones lieing and has training in the art when DD does not.......

Daredevil is a ****ing lawyer. Game, set, match.

marvelprince

I'm not sure where this information is from but Wolverine CAN be lied to. He does smell it when people lie, but trained agents can get the better off him.

Daredevil doesn't seem to have this problem so I think its safe to say Daredevil can be considered a better lie detector.

Priest
Originally posted by jinzin
well DD has better sense of touch, possibly taste, and definitely hearing.. but he's outright admitted that wolverine's sense of smell is superior, he said it during infinity war.. or crusade or whatever series that was.
Actually he question him self if Wolverine's Olfactory sence is better than his own, cause DD couldent tell if reed richards was a imposter or not, but Wolvie did.. It was the Infinity War.
yeah wolverine Sence of smell is better.
Also unlike DD logan was trained in the art of lieing as well as hwo to tell when some one is lieing. He be teh superior at telling if some one was infact lieing.
actually i would say DD is better at dececting if people are lying or not. Lie dector test analize heart and pulse changes in the body, and DD much better than wolverine can ever do.. also wolverine may have have training in the art of lying, but Dare Devil is a lawyer he would be better at lying and detecting if other people are lying.

Mobra
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Daredevil is a ****ing lawyer. Game, set, match.

willRules
Originally posted by marvelprince
I'm not sure where this information is from but Wolverine CAN be lied to. He does smell it when people lie, but trained agents can get the better off him.

Daredevil doesn't seem to have this problem so I think its safe to say Daredevil can be considered a better lie detector.

I may be wrong but I think that when Bendis wrote DD, Black Widow managed to confuzzle his senses a bit because she was trained, oddly enough Elektra, who I consider to be superior, couldn't fool Matt. yes

But otherwise I agree, DD senses are probably IMO greater but I don't think there is that much of a difference anyway yes

Brutacus
You know you guy's are all a bit right, iff a person doesn't tell the thruth, first he will look a lot to the upper left, his heart rate will start to increase, he will start to answer his questions slower or he would think about it. And he will start to sweat.

WorldWarHulk
I leave them in my barn.....
Hey!
Oh... "barn".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.