Gladiator vs Sentry vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evo
This is a tough one, Im still thinkin it over. Maybe someone can sway me to which one will win.

Utrigita
not gladiator I can tell you that much sentry ore Hyperion is the one I would go fore.

llagrok
Well, neither Hyperion nor Gladiator can come close to Sentry's power level, as they have actual weaknesses. Unless they're able to drag him into the N-Zone and keep him there for a week, Sentry would win this.

Sentry 9/10
Hyperion 0.5/10
Gladiator 0.5/10

The only victory Hyperion or Gladiator could achieve, would be a very phyrric one.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Utrigita
not gladiator I can tell you that much sentry ore Hyperion is the one I would go fore.

Yeah, but didn't Gladiator break Hyperions neck? I have not been impressed by Sentry at all. I am going with Gladiator on this, until Sentry does something worth while he aint crap.

manorastroman
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Yeah, but didn't Gladiator break Hyperions neck? I have not been impressed by Sentry at all. I am going with Gladiator on this, until Sentry does something worth while he aint crap.

why do people keep saying this? he's actually had some VERY good feats. sticking it to hulk twice (once as sentry, once as void), essentially one-shotting terrax, one-shotting carnage and attuma, disintegrating the absorbing man, flying to the sun in seconds, stalemating genis, stalemating the collective, sticking it to iron man, taking out the inhumans minus blackbolt, punching that huge damn crater in the ground, and as the void defeating a prepped squad consisting of namor, strange, the inhumans, SHIELD, the x-men, the fantastic four, AND the avengers--

i mean...come on. add to all of this that he's never really been injured or shown to have limits.

Redatom65
Sentry is over hyped, though Hyperion get's the job done and that' why he wins this fight

manorastroman
overhyped? how? marvel says he their most powerful hero, and so far i've seen nothing to contradict that. have you?

Redatom65
Originally posted by manorastroman
overhyped? how? marvel says he their most powerful hero, and so far i've seen nothing to contradict that. have you?

how? The power of 10 billion exploding suns. Stalmating Galactus suposedly, Joe Q wants his own mainstream Superman and will do anything to show him off. Sentry's best feat, though not great and very PIS was stalemating Genis-Vell, but you need to keep in mind Genis was terribly writtan under Fabian Niceiza, Sentry isn't living up to the whole suns thing at all, other wise the Earth would have been destroyed no expression

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Redatom65
how? The power of 10 billion exploding suns. Stalmating Galactus suposedly, Joe Q wants his own mainstream Superman and will do anything to show him off. Sentry's best feat, though not great and very PIS was stalemating Genis-Vell, but you need to keep in mind Genis was terribly writtan under Fabian Niceiza, Sentry isn't living up to the whole suns thing at all, other wise the Earth would have been destroyed no expression

No, he asked if anything had contradicted him being Marvel's most powerful hero, he didn't ask for a bunch of excuses.

Even if he hasn't literally gone to the full extent of his power (very few do) from the power he has shown he is most definetly the most powerful hero around at Marvel right now. Because there are no low-showings to prove otherwise.

Aries_04
I honestly don't know how people can like characters like Sentry, Gladiator, or Hyperion. SMH.....so cliche and boring.

More threads should be made for people like Battalion

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/24/stormwatchv105023gu0.jpg

CasanoVa
Sentry's far from a cliche, well his Sentry persona maybe. But otherwise Bob Reynolds & The Void are pretty cool.

xmeat
gladiator wins sentry still has done nothing close to destroying planets with his fist.

Aries_04
Originally posted by CasanoVa
well his Sentry persona maybe.

yea I guess thats more what i mean smile

Longinus
I'll vote Sentry. He's Superman class and so is Gladiator but his weakness won't be known to Kallark. Gladiator as the fight goes on will most likely lose confidence after Sentry doesn't die/get koed. Bobs weakness is his mind but it's also a weapon. I don't think Gladiator has any psychic powers but if he did, going into Bob's mind isn't a viable tactic as he'll likely be driven insane. Concerning Hyperion, I don't feel he's Superman kinda powerful, I think he's a step below these characters unless this is Exiles.

His Airness
Gladiator

manorastroman

what was PIS about stalemating genis? maybe the part where sentry decided not to hold back and genis ran the hell away? and don't use earth-616's continued existence as "proof" that sentry is overhyped. that's weak by many, many standards.

Redatom65
what was PIS about stalemating genis? maybe the part where sentry decided not to hold back and genis ran the hell away? and don't use earth-616's continued existence as "proof" that sentry is overhyped. that's weak by many, many standards.

the fact that he can stalemate Genis is PIS. Genis should be able to annihilate him.

Longinus
Genis should be able to annihilate lots of people (superman silver surfer and gl) come to mind but some people on here don't feel that way. Anyway it just shows that Genis isn't hype.

manorastroman
the fact that he can stalemate Genis is PIS. Genis should be able to annihilate him.

why should genis be able to annihilate him? he IS marvel's most powerful hero, after all. wink

Redatom65
no it further prooves how terribly he was writtan in thunderbolts. Look at the way he died, and look what happened throughout the series. he was dull and got beat up by Atlas. Have Genis and Sentry fight under Peter David. Then you'd see Sentry put in his place

CasanoVa
No, he was hyped worse than everybody else on this site actually:

Back during PAD's run when he faced Thor everyone was like "Oh he defeated Rune King Thor!!1!1!"

But he didn't, Genis ran when Sentry got pissed, it's not PIS because we don't know the higher extents of Sentry's power. We haven't seen him go all out, for all we know he might be able to annihilate Genis.

Redatom65
why should genis be able to annihilate him? he IS marvel's most powerful hero, after all. wink

not enough feats for one, and Joe Q realllly wanted a Superman like character in 616...

Redatom65
No, he was hyped worse than everybody else on this site actually:

Back during PAD's run when he faced Thor everyone was like "Oh he defeated Rune King Thor!!1!1!"

But he didn't, Genis ran when Sentry got pissed, it's not PIS because we don't know the higher extents of Sentry's power. We haven't seen him go all out, for all we know he might be able to annihilate Genis.

however, we're basing it on current feats, if we go off guesses, then we can say he pwns the Beyonder and Darkseid and galactus, which is just a load of bull

manorastroman
however, we're basing it on current feats, if we go off guesses, then we can say he pwns the Beyonder and Darkseid and galactus, which is just a load of bull

it is a load of bull, so please don't bring it up (although we didn't say he pwnd galactus, that was spiderman).

to me it is very simple: sentry/void has a healthy chunk of very high end feats, despite being relatively new. it is also hinted that he has only displayed a fraction of his power thus far. he hasn't been shown to have limits. joe q has stated that sentry is marvels most powerful hero, which has yet to be refuted in any capacity.

so how can he possibly be overrated?

Redatom65
because despite of some descent feats, people usually jump and down when he does something. HE WTFPWNED Absorbing Man!!! He Beat The Tamer!!! Hyperion has a longer history, and has better feats spread out, the day he beats The Hulk in World War Hulk, will be an ugly day should it happen. Regardless, because of these feats people already were saying he beats superman. His feats do not place him at high herald level, not yet.

CasanoVa
because despite of some descent feats, people usually jump and down when he does something. HE WTFPWNED Absorbing Man!!! He Beat The Tamer!!! Hyperion has a longer history, and has better feats spread out, the day he beats The Hulk in World War Hulk, will be an ugly day should it happen. Regardless, because of these feats people already were saying he beats superman. His feats do not place him at high herald level, not yet.

It's ok to say you just don't like him roll eyes (sarcastic)

How are his feats not high herald? Over-loading Abosrbing man, Owning Terrax in seconds, Stalemating Collective & Genis.

Please tell me how they aren't herald level or above, I'll enjoy you trying to justify your hate stick out tongue

Validus
no it further prooves how terribly he was writtan in thunderbolts. Look at the way he died, and look what happened throughout the series. he was dull and got beat up by Atlas. Have Genis and Sentry fight under Peter David. Then you'd see Sentry put in his place
He died from being disected at the molecular level by a guy who went on to defeat the Grandmaster. confused

Now sure how that's something to get negative over. The Atlas showing was well enough explained. Genis' durability has never been top level anyway.

V is right. Genis was (is) probably the most overrated character on this forum.

manorastroman
why? sentry/void has already beaten hulk twice, both without effort. and he has nowhere else to go besides high herald, considering his experiences with high-herald genis, a team consisting of a few herald levelers (blackbolt, strange, arguably namor, reed and iron man with prep) and a crapload of high-mid tiers (not even going to list all the people there)mid-herald terrax, low-herald absorbing man, and ????? collective.

i'm not even a huge sentry fan, i just don't get the hate. i've seen it on these boards since the beginning.

Validus
i'm not even a huge sentry fan, i just don't get the hate. i've seen it on these boards since the beginning.
There was a time on these boards where people literally tried to sell Sentry as Galactus level. Thank God those days are gone.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Validus
He died from being disected at the molecular level by a guy who went on to defeat the Grandmaster. confused

Now sure how that's something to get negative over. The Atlas showing was well enough explained. Genis' durability has never been top level anyway.

I blame that on you Validus roll eyes (sarcastic), before that blasted respect thread of yours hardly anybody had properly even heard of him. Within days of you putting up your scans there was "OMFG CAPITAN MRVAEL GENIS PWNZ TEH RKT!!".

Bastard stick out tongue

Validus
I blame that on you Validus roll eyes (sarcastic), before that blasted respect thread of yours hardly anybody had properly even heard of him. Within days of you putting up your scans there was "OMFG CAPITAN MRVAEL GENIS PWNZ TEH RKT!!".

Bastard stick out tongue
stick out tongue

manorastroman
There was a time on these boards where people literally tried to sell Sentry as Galactus level. Thank God those days are gone.

hmm i must have been on hiatus at the time.

oh wait, was that when adam warlock/the sentry (you know, the chubby hawaiian fellow who was always showing pictures of his wife?) was still constantly posting?

Redatom65

genis is my second favorite marvel character for one, he begged for his life. that's what made it sad

Validus
hmm i must have been on hiatus at the time.

oh wait, was that when adam warlock/the sentry (you know, the chubby hawaiian fellow who was always showing pictures of his wife?) was still constantly posting?
Yup. The guy was posting some pretty insane stuff about Sentry during those days that definitely led to a lot of hate.

Redatom65
I just flat out don't like the sentry, he's very bland, his cosume is mustard yellow, he's a cheap imitation of Superman to an extant, and the little he has done, automatically put's him above Genis-Vell. I THINK NOT

Validus
I don't think he's above Genis. Their fight was too inconclusive to say who would have won had it gone on longer.

CasanoVa
I don't think he's above Genis. Their fight was too inconclusive to say who would have won had it gone on longer.

I think we should put him above Genis just to make Redatom hate him even more stick out tongue

Validus
Sentry = Entity level confirmed.

UniOmni
Admit you just don't like him, and admit that his feats mean zilch because of it.

And Sentry would win in this fight due to the push and implied power he wields.

Tho, people seem to get Gladiators confidence problem wrong.
He doesn't get into a fight, and lose confidence when he sees the guy not falling.

He loses confidence when he doesn't own someone who he thinks he should own.

Gladiator fights Superman, after seeing Superman speed to the sun and throw a giant robot into the center?
Gladiator does great.

He might lose, since he doesn't have the intangibles, but he doesn't collapse into himself when he sees Superman can take a punch.

Gladiator fights Batman, he uses his xray vision to see he's a human, peak at best.

He flicks him, and Bruce just takes it on the chest. Then gladiator might lose confidence.

If he knows the guy is extremely powerful, he merely rises to the challenge. Hence his psionic based power level.

Gladiator does better than Hyperion, and they might take a small majority if they work together.

manorastroman
i guess the nature of KMC really is cyclical.

Redatom65
I thought I've made it pretty clear I don't like the Sentry yeesh stick out tongue

xmeat
gladiator kills them both sentry is a overrated trash bucket.

Redatom65
can gladiator beat the hulk xmeat... stick out tongue

Ethereal
Sentry > Glads > Hype

xmeat
glad>hype>sentry

CasanoVa
Originally posted by xmeat
gladiator kills them both sentry is a overrated trash bucket.

O RLY?

http://i84.imagethrust.com/images/4b1m/view-image/s-1.html
http://i84.imagethrust.com/images/4b1n/view-image/s-2.html

xmeat
O RLY?

http://i84.imagethrust.com/images/4b1m/view-image/s-1.html
http://i84.imagethrust.com/images/4b1n/view-image/s-2.html what does this prove sentry didn't even hit hulk and hulk was going through alot of mental shit at the time.

Redatom65
what does this prove sentry didn't even hit hulk and hulk was going through alot of mental shit at the time.
it actually proves you don't need to touch someone to wina fight

CasanoVa
what does this prove sentry didn't even hit hulk and hulk was going through alot of mental shit at the time.

YA RLY ermm?

Not all fights in comics involve hitting each other:

Sentry>>>>Hulk.

Redatom65
yes

Validus
I thought Sentry was all HYPE!!

Redatom65
yeah, bu regardless he's a superman ish character, and his speed still pwns hulk

Ethereal
glad>hype>sentry

..How?

sentry owned terrax, a herald, with little to no effort at all. AT best hype or glads would be giving terrax a fight and im not sure who would win out of either of those matches. That's just one example.

Validus
He hardly has any solid speed feats.

Redatom65

if I recall correctly, he flew to the sun and back in seconds, he took carnage and put him in space in seconds before ripping him in half. We know he's fast.

Redatom65

still though, it's ebcause of this lack of feats he isn't high herald

xmeat
Originally posted by Ethereal
..How?

sentry owned terrax, a herald, with little to no effort at all. AT best hype or glads would be giving terrax a fight and im not sure who would win out of either of those matches. That's just one example. when sentry destroys a planet with his fist and fights surfer then we talk.

Longinus
Xmeat you're an ass. Hulk was going through some mental stuff at the time. C'mon man Sentry would put Hulk down easily, as Sentry's put down guys far more versatile than Hulk. When Gladiator doesn't get his ass beat by Cannonball then we'll talk. Oh and those scans show that even when the Hulk was angry and threw those trains at Sentry's face, he just ate them shits. Really though, what can Hulk do to someone with not only strength but speed, intelligence, psychic powers, light manipulation and a killer instinct? Nothing. Hulk will get his damn bones broke AGAIN.

xmeat
Originally posted by Longinus
Xmeat you're an ass. Hulk was going through some mental stuff at the time. C'mon man Sentry would put Hulk down easily, as Sentry's put down guys far more versatile than Hulk. When Gladiator doesn't get his ass beat by Cannonball then we'll talk. Oh and those scans show that even when the Hulk was angry and threw those trains at Sentry's face, he just ate them shits. Really though, what can Hulk do to someone with not only strength but speed, intelligence, psychic powers, light manipulation and a killer instinct? Nothing. Hulk will get his damn bones broke AGAIN. trains have hit hulk to and he didn't notice it. Hulk still has better feats against alot more powerful characters then sentry deal with it.
Jeez you guys hate hulk that much that you put a character with a few feats already over him your all full of shit.

boriquaking55
Sentry.

The reason is because, as long as Joe "duechebag" Q stays in charge of marvel, Sentry will remain hyped as their most powerful hero. Once Quesada is gone, that will likely be one of the first things to change.

CasanoVa
If a character was made today that destroyed the multiverse in his first appearance, that being his only feat. Would us saying he was stronger than Hulk be shit? I think not.

Sentry has already beaten Hulk, theres nothing to debate.

Redatom65
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Sentry.

The reason is because, as long as Joe "duechebag" Q stays in charge of marvel, Sentry will remain hyped as their most powerful hero. Once Quesada is gone, that will likely be one of the first things to change.

one of my main points

Longinus
trains have hit hulk to and he didn't notice it. Hulk still has better feats against alot more powerful characters then sentry deal with it.
Jeez you guys hate hulk that much that you put a character with a few feats already over him your all full of shit.

1. I don't hate Hulk, so how can you speak as if you know I do

2. Sentry hasn't been around as long as Hulk so of course Hulk is going to have more feats than Sentry. But if Sentry's early feats are anything to go by, then he'll be stacking more up that be only more impressive. Anyway, what are Hulk's best feats? Cracking Onslaughts armor or holding up the damn mountain? Those are the only ones that kinda impress me. But hey whatever. I hope Sentry pisses on Hulk and kicks his ass in WWH just to see your ass suffer.

xmeat
no void beat a weakass hulk who could't get stronger while next to sentry nice try.
Oh how bout hulk punching timestorms and beating thor and galaxy master.
And sentry punking strange was bullshit to Hulk will own everyone including sentry in WWHULK.

manorastroman
no void beat a weakass hulk who could't get stronger while next to sentry nice try.
Oh how bout hulk punching timestorms and beating thor and galaxy master.
And sentry punking strange was bullshit to Hulk will own everyone including sentry in WWHULK.

that shit was like thirty years ago. and i still don't understand how it can be BS when sentry hasn't had a low showing.

xmeat
that shit was like thirty years ago. and i still don't understand how it can be BS when sentry hasn't had a low showing. you mean like getting owned by iron man.

Longinus
We will see if Hulk whoops ass or get his ass whooped. Its ignorant to say something will happen if you aren't involved in any way, shape or form of the comic Xmeat.

CasanoVa
you mean like getting owned by iron man.

You were saying?

manorastroman
if you'd actually read the comic, you'd know that it was quite the reverse. iron man was getting his ass kicked until CLOC overloaded sentry's brain with everysingle bad thing that was happening in the entire world. and i'm not sure how the rumor that iron man made him bleed started, because it's definitely not on panel.

xmeat
You were saying? how many times has hulk owned tony lets be honest.

manorastroman
how many times has sentry owned hulk lets be honest.

oh...two.

xmeat
how many times has sentry owned hulk lets be honest.

oh...two. actually none it was void plus all he did was stand still when hulk threw a train whoop de doo.
Hade he threw a train at hulk he would have stood his ground to hater.

manorastroman
void=sentry. again, if you'd actually read a sentry comic, you'd get some of this information.

xmeat
void=sentry. again, if you'd actually read a sentry comic, you'd get some of this information. i know of sentry and voids connection retard but still hulk cant get angry thanks to sentry calming affect on him.

manorastroman
that's not really true. sentry just keeps his skin from burning, he doesn't keep him from getting angry. moreover, the void being diametrically opposed, shouldn't the void make hulk furious?

xmeat
that's not really true. sentry just keeps his skin from burning, he doesn't keep him from getting angry. moreover, the void being diametrically opposed, shouldn't the void make hulk furious? NAH SENTRY USES HIS TP POWERS TO CALM HULK DOWN NICE TRY.

manorastroman
it's actually not TP...nice try. it's his "golden aura". and if you read the scan where sentry backhands hulk into near unconsciousness, it states that the aura just keeps his skin from burning. so--about the void being opposite and so logically making hulk furious...

xmeat
it's actually not TP...nice try. it's his "golden aura". SENTRY HAS TP POWERS MORON.

manorastroman
yes i know. because i, unlike you, have actually read his comics.

it's actually not TP...nice try. it's his "golden aura". and if you read the scan where sentry backhands hulk into near unconsciousness, it states that the aura just keeps his skin from burning. so--about the void being opposite and so logically making hulk furious...

Hyperion Prime
why do people keep saying this? he's actually had some VERY good feats. sticking it to hulk twice (once as sentry, once as void), essentially one-shotting terrax, one-shotting carnage and attuma, disintegrating the absorbing man, flying to the sun in seconds, stalemating genis, stalemating the collective, sticking it to iron man, taking out the inhumans minus blackbolt, punching that huge damn crater in the ground, and as the void defeating a prepped squad consisting of namor, strange, the inhumans, SHIELD, the x-men, the fantastic four, AND the avengers--

i mean...come on. add to all of this that he's never really been injured or shown to have limits.

I am sorry but there is nothing on that list that Gladiator or Hyperion could not do. Gladiator has beat Thor hurt him badly!!!! I am pretty sure Gladiator could beat Terrax. He could beat Iron Man, Carnage, Attuma etc. Gladiator could probably punch a huge crater in the ground.

Hell in Mighty Avengers #1 Sentry had trouble with a damn dinosaur.

manorastroman
gladiator v thor is gladiator's best feat. gladiator might be terrax, but definitely not with the ease sentry did. gladiator could certainly not break of bone in hulk's body, disintegrate the absorbing man, stalemate genis or collective, or take on that prepped ubersquad (especially because reed+captain america have taken out gladiator with prep)

guy222
sentry

CaptainStoic
Sentry

Juk3n
Sentry

Knowsbleed33
Gladiator

occultdestroyer
Oh well. Even if I hate to say it, Sentry wins, even though he's full of shit and a mimic of Supes

Sin I AM
Gladiator

carver9
Sentry, and it basically depends on which hyperion because there are some out there that is>sentry.

King hyperion
Supreme
Supreme power
Paradise x, a guy that basically had no equal and survived a blast that killed all of marvel earths heros and humans. A guy that wanted to die but there was basically no way of killing him. He had no weakness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.