I've Decided

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sindahouse
Batman begins sux. I know thats being harsh, but b4 u crucify me, hear me out. I liked it at first. There was always a lot of 'buts' about it. Gotham wasn't dark enough, and too new age. Ras al Ghul is Bruce Wayne's teacher. I mean, WHAT THE HECK?? Can't these hollywood freaks get anything right?? Rachel Dawes?? Who the hell is Rachel Dawes? I've never come across her in the comics. Why the hell was the scarcrow character so severly stuffed up, and why is zsaz (spelling), so crappy?? Finally.... man focus in on the dam fight scenes!!! I didn;'t see one kick or one punch. The scenes looked like crap. In my opinion, the fight scenes from the 1990 TMNT movie was much better.

All in all, I know it still is the best Batman non-animation movie. But honestly, some of the fan films are heaps better and more acurate. Hollywood needs to do some research. Sit with Allan Grant, or Frank Miller or Jeph Leob, or someone of that calibare....... And dam it hollywood, SPOT STUFFIN UP THE BEST COMIC BOOK CHARACTER.

Still think that the WB cartoons from the early 90's captured batman the best.

Well anywayzzz, I just had to say it.. Hope the next movie will be better

Don't stone me all at once sick

Soljer
Some of your complaints are valid. The ones about the fight scenes are not. A stylistic choice had to be made, and rather than make Batman into a shoddy hong-kong-action-film, they went the route of storytelling. The fight scenes were confused and complex so that the audience would feel the surprise and 'terror' that the criminals felt. They didn't know what was going on, and the fight scenes represented that. I thought they were really well done, actually.

Superguy
Originally posted by sindahouse
Batman begins sux. I know thats being harsh, but b4 u crucify me, hear me out. I liked it at first. There was always a lot of 'buts' about it. Gotham wasn't dark enough, and too new age. Ras al Ghul is Bruce Wayne's teacher. I mean, WHAT THE HECK?? Can't these hollywood freaks get anything right?? Rachel Dawes?? Who the hell is Rachel Dawes? I've never come across her in the comics. Why the hell was the scarcrow character so severly stuffed up, and why is zsaz (spelling), so crappy?? Finally.... man focus in on the dam fight scenes!!! I didn;'t see one kick or one punch. The scenes looked like crap. In my opinion, the fight scenes from the 1990 TMNT movie was much better.

All in all, I know it still is the best Batman non-animation movie. But honestly, some of the fan films are heaps better and more acurate. Hollywood needs to do some research. Sit with Allan Grant, or Frank Miller or Jeph Leob, or someone of that calibare....... And dam it hollywood, SPOT STUFFIN UP THE BEST COMIC BOOK CHARACTER.

Don't stone me all at once sick *stones*

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Soljer
Some of your complaints are valid. The ones about the fight scenes are not. A stylistic choice had to be made, and rather than make Batman into a shoddy hong-kong-action-film, they went the route of storytelling. The fight scenes were confused and complex so that the audience would feel the surprise and 'terror' that the criminals felt. They didn't know what was going on, and the fight scenes represented that. I thought they were really well done, actually.

I loved Batman Begins. You are right.

sindahouse
I have to disagree. Coming from a martial arts background, those scenes looked like crap. Didn't look scary or surprising at all. Looked like batman was confused. Anywayz, I know I'm being harsh, but Im not the only one who has said that. I've heard a lot of ppl say the same thing....

LORDSIDIOUS01
I have to disagree. Coming from a martial arts background, those scenes looked like crap. Didn't look scary or surprising at all. Looked like batman was confused. Anywayz, I know I'm being harsh, but Im not the only one who has said that. I've heard a lot of ppl say the same thing....

I come from a martial arts background also. The fight scenes were great. Yes, they could have been better but they were still great. I'
m sure Chris Nolan, Christian Bale and the stunt team will do a great job and better fight scene for TDK.

starlock
i will agree with the thread starter
except i dont think it was the best batman movie

Jokerinthedeck
Ras al Ghul is Bruce Wayne's teacher. I mean, WHAT THE HECK?? Can't these hollywood freaks get anything right?? Rachel Dawes?? Who the hell is Rachel Dawes? I've never come across her in the comics.

is it such a crime to introduce a new character? Can't you forgive the "Hollywood freaks" for trying to be original just this once? sad

Darth Macabre

Don't stone me all at once sick Movies aren't comics. no expression Having fight scenes where Batman goes hand to hand with ten guys at once, all armed with automatic weapons loses the realistic feel they had been going for.

sindahouse
lol.......... C'mon man, realistic feel?? Its a dude, with tights, dressed as a bat, jumping off buildings. I love the character but it is seriously fiction. It just is..... So why the need to make it "realistic?" I mean seriously, isn't there anough reality TV as it is?? I mean whats next?? Suppose we'll have Batman going for American Idol, and we'll get Superman kickin it at Big Brother. The Flash and Wonderwomen can take it out with the Green Lantern on Dr Phil........lol. Dude, I watch TV so I can escape reality. I'm attached to the characters dark psychological side. And the thought that he has no super powers and manages to do it on his own is really cool. So what if he always seems to have everything in that belt of his, if his aim is perfect with that "batarang" and his martial arts is faster than any bullet. Its a comic, and it should be left that way. Batman is successful b/c of the comic book writers. If it ain't broke, dont fix it...... smile

SpyCspider
hahah dude u're just reiterating most of the complaints people had with the movie...the fight scenes sucked. Nothing new to gripe about.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Soljer

very well said.I hate it when people complain about the fight scenes.I mean come one,if you want to complain about a fight scene for a Batman movie, complain about that crapfest Batman 89 where that idiot Burton made Batman into a wuss getting the crap beat out of him by one thug with no special fighting skills.well at least he's an agreement that its the best Batman movie so I'll overlook the comment about the fight scenes. big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SpyCspider
hahah dude u're just reiterating most of the complaints people had with the movie...the fight scenes sucked. Nothing new to gripe about.

yep,same old same old.

Darth Macabre
lol.......... C'mon man, realistic feel?? Its a dude, with tights, dressed as a bat, jumping off buildings. I love the character but it is seriously fiction. It just is..... So why the need to make it "realistic?" I mean seriously, isn't there anough reality TV as it is?? I mean whats next?? Suppose we'll have Batman going for American Idol, and we'll get Superman kickin it at Big Brother. The Flash and Wonderwomen can take it out with the Green Lantern on Dr Phil........lol. Dude, I watch TV so I can escape reality. I'm attached to the characters dark psychological side. And the thought that he has no super powers and manages to do it on his own is really cool. So what if he always seems to have everything in that belt of his, if his aim is perfect with that "batarang" and his martial arts is faster than any bullet. Its a comic, and it should be left that way. Batman is successful b/c of the comic book writers. If it ain't broke, dont fix it...... smile Realism and fiction are two different things...good try, though.

braz
I find this to be a valid complaint to an extent. however, I do not think all the things you mentioned ruined such a great film, because all the good things about it heavily outweighed what was wrong with it, and IMO all that was wrong was having Racheal Dawes and Ra's as the trainer. Oh yea, and the fight scenes which I hated. But I also respected them to an extent because it made Batman seem more ferocious in the way that he takes down criminals. He cant be portrayed just like a normal man because he isnt. And IMO the fight scenes put more mystery behind what Batman really looked like because u hardly saw him there and when he pulls Falcone out of the Limo and it shows his face, everyone was just stunned and amazed.
And you can make something like Batman realistic, they just did a great job. and Gotham City was just fine the way it was. It couldve used a little more gothic features like gargoyles and such, but this is the new age, and Batmans world is updated now.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by braz
I find this to be a valid complaint to an extent. however, I do not think all the things you mentioned ruined such a great film, because all the good things about it heavily outweighed what was wrong with it, and IMO all that was wrong was having Racheal Dawes and Ra's as the trainer. Oh yea, and the fight scenes which I hated. But I also respected them to an extent because it made Batman seem more ferocious in the way that he takes down criminals. He cant be portrayed just like a normal man because he isnt. And IMO the fight scenes put more mystery behind what Batman really looked like because u hardly saw him there and when he pulls Falcone out of the Limo and it shows his face, everyone was just stunned and amazed.
And you can make something like Batman realistic, they just did a great job. and Gotham City was just fine the way it was. It couldve used a little more gothic features like gargoyles and such, but this is the new age, and Batmans world is updated now.

Co-Signed

ragesRemorse
my biggest gripes about the movie were the homming bats...that was just silly. Maybe if i were twelve i would have dug it, but im not. Also, Gordon driving the tumbler felt damn silly aswell. the movie contrasted between a serious tone to a silly one. Take out the silly-ness and focus a bit more on the fight choreography then it would have been perfect on all accounts. Having said that, still one of the best comic flicks in my opinion

K.Diddy
I have to disagree. Coming from a martial arts background,

laughing out loud

K.Diddy
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I come from a martial arts background also.

laughing

sindahouse
I guess everyone has their own version of Batman. I love the ol'skool, gothic gotham look, with the fog and gargoyles. I like batman to look awsome when he fights, like the intro to the 90's batman animated serious, when he is on top of the building. If I have to give the movie credit for one thing, that it definately captured batman's furious side. Not enough of his moody side though. Still, I prefer batman to be fanatsy with a realistic twist.... If I wanted reality TV i'd watch Big Brother or some stupid crap like that.

Oh, and I wish they kept the music theme from the 89 batman. Best music theme ever, was the intro to Mask of the Phantasm.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Co-Signed

Co-signed as well.

exanda kane

Don't stone me all at once sick

I don't really understand your gripe here. You can't simply transform a comic book with 100% accuracy and expect it to be a good film, because I'm sure if you'd noticed, Batman Begins is one of the only decent Superhero films. Batman Begins represented Batman for a new generation.

Mr Parker
I know. the only real legitimate gripe he has here is Ras Al Ghul being Bruces mentor.

sindahouse
Ah of course. Batman for the new "tight jean, dont touch my hair, gotta watch what I eat, bubble gum loving," panzy generation. Now why didn't I think of that. I'll be sure to watch the next movie with that in mind......... HA HA HA HA..... and one more HHHHHAAAAA laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.