AWE novelization spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jackismyboo
We all know that the novel is already out in some countries and out tomorrow in USA. I think we should talk about the novel and pick at it in this thread.

T.Maria
I have a question about the novel;

Is it basically the outline of the film?
Or is it the ACTUAL story of the film???

...What i mean to say is;

Is exactly what happens in the film, the same as what will be put into the book???

Sorry, but ive only just heard about these novelisations...
I am a simple minded fool smile hehe

Minie Mina
http://community.livejournal.com/turningpirate/16042.html?mode=reply

jackismyboo
Possible spoiler:

i was thinking maybe Jack pushes Will overboard but he alreday had a plan with beckett to meet in that one desset place and switch placeinstead he is with beckett will is with barbs and liz. Then later the battle and Jack is fighting davy Will kows what he has to do but during their kiss (w/E) something happens Jack is about to stab the herat to end this and he sees Will and he does care for Will so he helps Will stab the heart to become immortal and that is how he saves Will.

end spoiler possibly

that is my theory.

jackismyboo
sorry to post again but we are so close to ending this ship war to finally find out everything!!!! it is so close everything we have discussed and all the rumors will finally be revieled in a couple of hours.

T.Maria
Very possible jackismyboo smile

Thanks for the link mina, much appreciated smile

Im liking the fact that jack pushes will overboard big grin
And will says "I hate him"

I think that could be quite a funny one-liner is bloom can say it right smile hehe.

Overall, it sounds ok so far i think.
Though i know that those extracts were will orientated, they were still very intreguing!!

ivebeendepped43
i dont wanna read the book. i read the DMC book and it ttly spoiled to movie for me. ill stand the suspense

jackismyboo
your brave^^ i cannot wait i am jumping and biting my nails waiting for anyne with huge spoilers right now. i might go crazy in a second

ivebeendepped43
lol ok, im brave.....im "The Brave!" the only movie directed, written, produced, and starred in by Johnny Depp baby! never released in the US! pity...

Minie Mina
HELLO PEOPLE!

I POSTED THE LINK OF HALF OF THE BOOK

ivebeendepped43
aahh! dont give it to meeee!!! *runs for cover*

aelizabeth
omg no! is the book centered on Will? bleh. I can't wait to read it though.

Minie Mina
It's been posted already.

T.Maria
I read it, mina.

but i think i need to read the rest of it now lol...
because for some very strange reason, i knew everything that was in half of the book because weve been speculating it on here for so long lmao!! big grin

I just need to read the other half...im DYING to read the other half!!! big grin

ivebeendepped43
where is it?

jackismyboo
can somebody anybody please pm who liz ends up with. i am really dying to know i havn't left my computer for hours becuase i want to know so bad. please!

T.Maria
http://community.livejournal.com/turningpirate/16042.html?mode=reply

^^^ its there

mina posted it before smile

Minie Mina
Thank you, T. Maria..... smile Sigh...

jackismyboo
i know i read that but the novel shows who lizzie ends up with.

T.Maria
no problems lol smile

good find, btw!

I just need to know the rest of it lmao!

Minie Mina
Wait stop!!!

Stop the shipping for a minute. *BREATHS IN BREATHS OUT*

The shipping shit will be discovered tomorow(sorry)

Right now we are seeing Jack being very cruel. I'm honestly dissapointed at this point..

jackismyboo
*hides behind couch*

jack is going to be cruel becasue he just got back from the dead that would ruin anybody

IheartPocky
yay i must now rotate these pictures and read!

T.Maria
We seee jack being cruel to be kind, i think is the motive behind it all...

If your referring to the scene where he pushes will into the water, then i think its so beckett will find will.
Will has been given jacks compass (by jack) so that they can find jack again, and that way jack will be able to get to the dutchman to get the heart (which he has told will he will stab for him...)

Am i assuming that the ending is what has already been talked about on this board?

That even though jack says he will stab the heart, will gets mortally wounded and jack ends up telling him to stab it instead, so that will can live????

Minie Mina
Something like that smile.

T.Maria
well then i guess this is our bittersweet ending???

im guessing that;

Elizabeth probably ends up with neither of the men...that way, shes married to will but she cant ever be with him, and she has feelings for jack but she cant be with him either because shes married to Will...

Either way, i need to find everything out....like NOW! big grin lol

Minie Mina
Wait, you're jumping into conclusions a bit, T. Maria.

GORE SAID THAT SHE WILL END UP WITH SOMEONE

And the writers say that that choice wasn't made by her. And remember that Will becomes the Capatain of the FD.

jackismyboo
so maybe she ends with Jack because she cannot become immortal with Will because then that will amke it her choice so she ends with Jack.

You know what i have calmed down and i am willing to wait for tomorrow sorry for the craziness earlier today, i was just having a moment.

lovethemtigers
I am pulling my hair out......

Minie Mina
omg, mates. Stop!

You people are making the most simplest things into a huge shit.

I should be the one pulling my hair! Everyone is driving me crazy..

T.Maria
i dont intend on driving anyone crazy, im just speculating on what i think personally.
And if you will notice, i have put all of my thoughts under spoilers, more or less.

Your right though mina,
i had forgotten about what gore had said, AND about elizabeth not having the choice in whom she ends up with.

I guess its all still up in the air until;

A. The novilisation comes out
B. The film comes out (which personally i think i will enjoy more...lol)

Either way, the film is going to be absolutely fantastic so i'm getting to the point where i know i will be satisfied with the ending, no matter which way it turns out! big grin

katelovespirate
Okay, I am lazy and at work... is there any way someone could sum up the plot in the novelization for me? All the important bits? That would be fantastic. It still sounds as though no one knows what really happens at the end as far as tying up the love triangle and how the whole FD captain thing works out... ??

T.Maria
so far we only know half of the novelisation that has been posted lol.
Its all the will turner stuff from someones live journal.

But the book comes out today, right??
I'm hoping that someone would be kind enough to go out and buy it, and then tell us what happens lmao! big grin

lovethemtigers
i'll try to buy it after we visit the dentist...if i have time..and if Walmart has it....no other bookstore nearby....have to drive about 10 miles to Barnes and Noble..or the mall bookstore...waldenbooks..

Ericadawn
Oh, there's more stuff than that if you really look...there was a Jack book and Tia Dalma and Singapore!

Minie Mina
Originally posted by T.Maria
i dont intend on driving anyone crazy, im just speculating on what i think personally.
And if you will notice, i have put all of my thoughts under spoilers, more or less.

I wasn't talking about you, Maria.

lovethemtigers
Well....I'm trying to be calm and serene...maybe I can reclaim my life and leave Pirates behind me....but I don't want to....I want my Sparrabeth..... sad sad

calypso
Is that sort of like a pink blankie, security thingy, because I feel the same way, sparrabeth that is. I want it to be anyway.

Ditte3
Me too.

PirateDiva
Omg speaking of pulling my hair out...thats exactly what im doing right now....but im pulling my hair cause i dont know if i want to read the book!!! I want to be surprised still....omg....but i want to know!!!

Ericadawn
and it doesn't even have the ending...

PirateDiva
what do u mean...the book just stops with no ending?

Minie Mina
Yup. No ending. And they still have secrets stick out tongue.

Ericadawn
Yep

willofthewisp
That's probably the way it should be, though.

Minie Mina
Exactly.

It's things that we and even you, willo, already know.

They still won't reveal about Tia being Calypso

Will being Captain of the FD

The ending (duh)

And the ship. Sparrabeth or Willabeth.

jackismyboo
increasing the suspense

it seems the writers love doing that

Minie Mina
I kind of have a love-hate with the writers now stick out tongue.

jackismyboo
at least for a month we might get more and more spoilers then finally the movie of all time.

PirateDiva
Wow no ending....but can someone please explain to me....whats the deal with the books? I saw that there was a Signapore one with Sao Feng on the cover, another one with Jack, another one with Tia Dahlma...do we have to get all of then to have the full story? or can i just buy the Junior Novelization? Im confused, can someone please explain? confused

jackismyboo
the one with jack and tia and sao and will are their POV and the novel is the story just no ending to it

PirateDiva
oooo thank you!! w000o0o!! so buying the Jack one!

Minie Mina
I'm buying it all. Now if I only my professors would be so kind to give me a day off....big grin lol

PirateDiva
lmao...i know i want to go but the book at target like down the block on my lunch break...lol!

Minie Mina
Ah, fart monkeys.

We don't have Target in PR sad

Ericadawn
I want the Lizzie one, I hope it has Feng and James...

Minie Mina
Oh, Lizzy one would be great.

PirateDiva
yes it would but i bet u the didnt make one cause it'll totally kill the ending cause of course her POV will contain...omg I LOVE HIM, but I can never be with him...stuff..lol!

Minie Mina
You can never be with him cause I'm with him evil face

PirateDiva
or you can never be with him cause he Loves Me!! big grin

Minie Mina
Or you can start waking up and smell the coffee evil face He loves me stick out tongue!

Pressure
Ok guys I read the book as I preordered it.

Jack is brought back from the dead as he is need to offically start a meeting between Pirate Lords. They all discuss The East india trading company as their waters of freedom are being depleated. They then agree the with the influence of Davy Jones Beckett is not a threat. So they plot to send A crew to begin the downfall of Davy Jones. But Jack is very unhappy with Liz sealing his fate in the previous film. So he tries to get back at her by joining beckett. He then steals the heart of davy jones. He brings it to will as he thinks that taking will away fromLiz she would be misrable. So they fight onboard a ship the is moving into a wurlpool and Jack tells Liz that this is her doing. So jack takes the heart and acts as if he is going to stab it but then he takes his sword and tries to stab will who avoids his slash and ass he is about to strike Jack Liz stabs him. Jack stabs the heart and davy jones is sent into the afterlife. Then Beckett escapes. The book ends with wills casket is being cast out into the ocean as Jack and Liz are to be wed.

Pressure
Oh yea and Guys

at the risk of many of you hating me for the rest of your lives Im just kidding lol

Mistypirate
LOL I was going to say where the Heck did you read that? laughing

willofthewisp
You've outfoxxed me!

ivebeendepped43
i only read it after misty said that. lol that would make a ttly awesome movie!!!

PirateDiva
Has anyone truley read the Novel? did anyone buy it?

PirateDiva
I dont know about u, but as im reading the novelization im realizing that is a lot like the 1st draft of the leaked script!!...i seriously feel like im reading the 56 pager!! Does anyone agree?

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by PirateDiva
I dont know about u, but as im reading the novelization im realizing that is a lot like the 1st draft of the leaked script!!...i seriously feel like im reading the 56 pager!! Does anyone agree?

really...i thought the 36 pager was more in line with the trailer....I didn't like the 56 pager at'all.....oh no.... sad

jackismyboo
here's my theory i was sleeping over it all night. It's like your theory but J/E and W/E. I didn't know where to put this becasue book spoilers were in it. anyways bare with me

SPOILER:
We all know Jacks plan now right? I read the whole novel and there were bits of pieces here and there.

Jack is with EITC and elizabeth is in charge of the battle so far Will and her (lizzie) know Jacks plan. In the novel Elizabeth was thinking ALOT about jack it did say this well i think she is still wondering why he did everything to be with her (clueless) and Jack just wants to stab the bloody herat help Wil land his bonny lass and just live forever. like beckett said he did it for Elizabeth he knew it was best for her he was being a good man. The battle happens and the scar we see on Will was his death scar near death, Jack has to make another sacrafice and he saves Will by letting him stab the heart. Davy dies and Will is COTFD now. The wedding i think is W/E and JACK i really believe Jack puts them in holy matromony. that can probably explain his vest he wanted to look nice as he puts them together. So Elizabeth is on the island she has given up pirating and now waits for her husband every ten years. Jack on the other hand goes to Tortuga for the last time and the whores are flirting and he realizes he can't do this he may not have lizzie with him but he can't do this he tells them he probably loves somebody then gets slapped and instead of searching for the Pearl he makes another sacrafice and goes to lizzie instead the rowboat scene. he tells her how he feels and maybe Will would of wanted it this way better so Jack probably gives up pirating too and he lives and accompany lizzie.

though i wouldn't now how that would be kick-ass but in my head it all made sense

jackismyboo
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!! i don't know how to do the highlight thing so just warning you now!!!!

okay i would like to share with you guys some parts i read the whole book.

They both had secrets now. And she would never understand his motivations, just as he could not, would not, ever understand her feelings for Jack. This is Wils POV with Elizabeth. It is after he thinks she may or in sparrabeth case she won't accept that she loves Jack. Idk but i am a little confused does it say she has feelings but not deep down feelings or that she loves Jack but he won't accept or she doesn't care for Jack and he thinks she does?

another quote a great quote: Jack Sparrow was a pirate through and though, Elizabeth thought. i just wanted to share that

her is another one: He (Will) seemed like a stranger to her. She STILL lovED him, but she couldn't tell him about how she felt or about guilt she was struggling with over Jack's death. secrets can never solve a relationship

the needle spinned widely the strange realm of the dead was too mysterious for magical object. Just to show why the compass was spinning in the trailer

Elizabeth stopped pushing against him. She looked up into his (will) eyes-the eyes of the man she lovED, the man she had ONCE promised to marry. hmm.. what could that mean?

Will would never have been able to do what she had done to Jack. Perhaps he was too good. Perhaps she was too dark. Perhaps THEY were too WRONG for each other after all.

you probably already seen this quote but i am a bit confused about it.
"Y ou made a deal with me Jack," beckett cntinued, "to deliver the pirates-and here they are. Don't be bashful; step up and claim your reward. He tossed the compass to Jack, who caught it, looking guilty.
"And what reward does this chicanery fetch these days?" barbossa wanted to know.
Beckett pointed at Elizabeth, knowing what an impact his statement would make. "her," he said. My question is what sort of impact was it to hurt Will or Jack.

then later a couple of paragraph down. Jack sighed, as if displeased that Lord Bekett had blown his cover so thoroughly. Does he mean that he is kinda happy Beckett said he wanted Elizabeth and the pearl and rome free?

then he said a little later "Even if that was my plan," he said (jack) "and i'm not admitting to anything-there's not a tinker's chance of it coming off anymore." He glanced at Elizabeth, then leaned in closer to her. "is there?" he asked She gave him a puzzled look as Beckett said, "there never was." I am utterly confused with this quote.

SPoiler OVER!!!!!

Here you all go and again sorry for not highlighting but i really don't know how to do that. Also some parts i just need clearing up on.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by jackismyboo
here's my theory i was sleeping over it all night. It's like your theory but J/E and W/E. I didn't know where to put this becasue book spoilers were in it. anyways bare with me

SPOILER:
We all know Jacks plan now right? I read the whole novel and there were bits of pieces here and there.

Jack is with EITC and elizabeth is in charge of the battle so far Will and her (lizzie) know Jacks plan. In the novel Elizabeth was thinking ALOT about jack it did say this well i think she is still wondering why he did everything to be with her (clueless) and Jack just wants to stab the bloody herat help Wil land his bonny lass and just live forever. like beckett said he did it for Elizabeth he knew it was best for her he was being a good man. The battle happens and the scar we see on Will was his death scar near death, Jack has to make another sacrafice and he saves Will by letting him stab the heart. Davy dies and Will is COTFD now. The wedding i think is W/E and JACK i really believe Jack puts them in holy matromony. that can probably explain his vest he wanted to look nice as he puts them together. So Elizabeth is on the island she has given up pirating and now waits for her husband every ten years. Jack on the other hand goes to Tortuga for the last time and the whores are flirting and he realizes he can't do this he may not have lizzie with him but he can't do this he tells them he probably loves somebody then gets slapped and instead of searching for the Pearl he makes another sacrafice and goes to lizzie instead the rowboat scene. he tells her how he feels and maybe Will would of wanted it this way better so Jack probably gives up pirating too and he lives and accompany lizzie.

though i wouldn't now how that would be kick-ass but in my head it all made sense

jackismyboo...you are right on...this is what I've come to believe too from everything I've heard....that Jack returns to be with LIz...but the problem I have is that is what sweet torture that will be.....and it's not satisfying in the least bit..cuz I want Elizabeth to admit that she loves Jack too..and I still want Will to make a grand sacrifice too...look how many Jack has made for him....I want Will to realize how selfish he is being...and let Liz go free..so she can be with jack....in the flesh wink

Ditte3
Yes exactly.Will being Captain oof the FD,being married to Elizabeth and only meeting each other once every ten years (not to menzion love making,and living a mariied life as acouple).He can't do this to her,if he really loves Elizabeth.

jackismyboo
Wait wait wait what if Jack and Will meet and Will lets Jack have Elizabeth, after all thsi time he tell Jack how he losing Elizabeth and loves her but he was being selfish and know that Elizabeth has feelings for Jack as well and he knows and trust Jack and tells Jack to take care of her for him. Then Jack goes on the island with Elizabeth and live happily ever after. Liz tells Jack she does have feelings for him and Jack her. The END

Ditte3
I hope it 's going to be that way.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
really...i thought the 36 pager was more in line with the trailer....I didn't like the 56 pager at'all.....oh no.... sad

lol..sorry ya i meant 36 pager!! But still very different...for instance the scene we've seen with Jack and Barbossa when they are yelling commands on the ship and Jack says :That Makes u Chartman!...ya in the book it's nowhere near as hilarious as it's on film...so no matter what the book says...we'll be surprised regardless because the way that the actors potray the characters...will be great!! It's all about the ablibs, and and little gestures that they do..is what makes things hilarious...and reading the book there are plenty of awsome opportunities...I can almost see Jack's facial expressions!! big grin

Arachnid1
I hope Will ends up with Elizabith. I like jack the most, but to me, he seems like he will end up with Tia or Anamaria.

Minie Mina
Sure. And Elizabeth loves corsets smile

Minie Mina
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I hope Will ends up with Elizabith. I like jack the most, but to me, he seems like he will end up with Tia or Anamaria.

Yeah! Will should be with Elizabith and Jack with Elizabeth big grin

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Minie Mina
Yeah! Will should be with Elizabith and Jack with Elizabeth big grin

I knew I had it right the first time! Typo I guess. You know what I mean big grin

Minie Mina
Yeah! It should be Will and Elizabith stick out tongue. giggle..

Arachnid1
Yeah! It should be Will and Elizabith stick out tongue. giggle..

Alright fine. You can have your Jack and Elizabeth... for now. stick out tongue

Minie Mina
Now and forever evil face

Arachnid1
Now and forever evil face

Crud... you win. embarrasment big grin

PirateDiva
Jack and Elizabeth 4 EVER!!! Wo0o00o0o0o!!

I Know something ya'll dont Know!!! eek!

savvysparrow
Ha, ok. I'll bite.

What?

PirateDiva
lol...nothing! just was feening for attention...lol!! Sorry Savvysparrow!

Ahhhhhh im so hyper right now!!!!!! rolling on floor laughing

PirateDiva
lmao..this is great...there are parts in the novel i really cant stopp laughing at!!!!

Minie Mina
Don't rub it in sad. I don't have the book lol

ivebeendepped43
i so wanna buy the book and im DYING to read it but at the same time im dying to NOT read it cuz i dont wanna spoil it! your siggy makes me smile, Chiki. have u started on my Mark siggy yet?

Minie Mina
THANKS FOR REMINDING ME, IVD!

I forgot to add the lyrics! *smacks herself*

ivebeendepped43
lol np. i cant thank u enough for just making it for me! I LUV U IN ADVANCE!

lovethemtigers
i don't have the book either, and I don't feel like I can talk about it without having read it myself...I went to Walmart Again..and all they have on display are the novelizations for POTc and DMC....where oh where is AWE>>>>I just don't have time to drive 11 miles to the mall to pick one up...arghhhhh

Ericadawn
And I want the Liz book and now it's not coming out until May??!!

a-k-a-amber
so the only book out is the Will one?

jackismyboo
jack one, sao one, and tia one all out too

a-k-a-amber
oh ok but Elizabeth isnt? thats wierd....

jackismyboo
hers comes out in May i think

a-k-a-amber
*sigh* the world is cruel....

jackismyboo
lmao i think lizzie seems like the main character in AWE also maybe too much spoiers becasue it would be her POV so it would reveal her true feelings

a-k-a-amber
yeah thats what im thiking but that doesnt mean i have to like it

aelizabeth
ok, the book isn't available in Canada till May. I'm crushed. Truly I am. But I'm just confused with this whole novel thing in general. For the people who have the book, is it just made up things we already know, and there is really no point in making a book because they can't even end it, or does it have anything new?

jackismyboo
really no point in getting the book no ending it ends with Elizabeth leading the battle saying For today we are the pirates of the caribbean and everything we know is in the book nothing new accept a few kisses but none with Will or Jack

aelizabeth
just as i suspected. we really will just have to wait for the movie, then. stick out tongue

PirateDiva
Ya the book was a combination of both the 57 and 36 page scripts...so if u read those, u've pretty much read the book! and other things not in the book/script have leaked onto our hands anyways and we've already discussed it...IMO the BOOK is really one big Tease! the good stuff is yet to come!!

ivebeendepped43
have u finished it yet?

PirateDiva
Yes i Have!! and i have and thats why I said The Book is a Tease because it ends with Liz giving a powerful heart pumping speech, lifting the spirits of the Pirates (and Me...Lol) and then she says "Today We are THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!" and leads them to war... can u tell i love that Line, i keep bringing it up!! LOL!! So it ends with u wanting More!!!

ivebeendepped43
the end of DMC book suked! it ended /w JACk and the Pearl getting swallowed by the Kraken.

Ericadawn
The DMC book? It didn't have that last scene in Beckett's office so I had thought that Norrington had died!!

ivebeendepped43
lol i wasnt even thinking about Norri at that point, i was just wrapped up in the thought that Jack had just gotten eaten up by a 2,000 pound sea monster

PirateDiva
LOL...ya thats what i find funny about these books....they never really specify what happens to Norrington....they sort of just let it be!

Like in the AWE book...they just leave him at cutting Liz's rope so that she doesnt come back onto the ship when he helped her escape....it seemed like he was getting attacked. but yet since they dont specify what happens to him...he sort of comes back and does something not so good...like in DMC he brought the heart of DAVY to Beckett! and in AWE he's suppose to come back and Kill Will!!

savvysparrow
Originally posted by PirateDiva
LOL...ya thats what i find funny about these books....they never really specify what happens to Norrington....they sort of just let it be!

Like in the AWE book...they just leave him at cutting Liz's rope so that she doesnt come back onto the ship when he helped her escape....it seemed like he was getting attacked. but yet since they dont specify what happens to him...he sort of comes back and does something not so good...like in DMC he brought the heart of DAVY to Beckett! and in AWE he's suppose to come back and Kill Will!!

I'm pretty sure Norrington dies. It's not directly stated, but it's implied. The scene that we see is almost verbatum of what happens in the 56 pager.

Norrington doesn't stab Will. The new consensus now is that it's Jones who stabs him with the sword that he made at the beginning of COTBP (oh the Shakespearean irony).

PirateDiva
Originally posted by savvysparrow
I'm pretty sure Norrington dies. It's not directly stated, but it's implied. The scene that we see is almost verbatum of what happens in the 56 pager.

Norrington doesn't stab Will. The new consensus now is that it's Jones who stabs him with the sword that he made at the beginning of COTBP (oh the Shakespearean irony).

Yes it's implied but we dont know for sure!!! So anything can still go!!

But i didnt know that Davy could be the one to give Will his mortal blow....something to keep in mInd! thanks!

JacksSweet

Ditte3
I wish you were right.

JacksSweet

JacksSweet

IheartPocky
What about the calypso scene? did they just leave out the fact that it was tia or did they not see that it was tia??

PirateDiva
the convienently left that detail out!!! big grin

IheartPocky
yah. thats what i thought. i got a tad bit confused when i read it lol

jackismyboo
well we all got one thing clear don't trust the stupid novel to get answers!!! It just makes everything more confusing!!!

PirateDiva
The book is a tease!!!!! I want the movie!!! big grin

aelizabeth
Well, obviously you couldn't think, with Disney being so secretive about everything, that the book would have anything important in it. It basically served to confirm the basic story line and some basic rumors (that we pretty much already knew were true because of the trailer and such). After all the trouble Disney went to to say "WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!", no way are they giving away the AWEsome, bittersweet ending in the book, because they knew if they did, almost all the pirate fans would read it and the biggest part of their movie is spoiled. We really have only gotten the smallest taste of the movie. And I can't decide if Disney is doing the best job of advertising ever, or the worst. Probably they're doing good, because i'm still 100% excited for this movie!!

PirateDiva
Oh they are doing good....because when the Trailer premiered on- line...it broke records....350 million views in a 24 hour period!!!

See the movie isn't even out yet and its already hitting record breaking numbers....i seriously cant wait to see this Movie!!!

lovethemtigers
i love this part of the novel.....

SPOILER...DONT' READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO READ SPOILERS...

"Later that night, Elizabeth once again found herself on the deck. ...She leaned on the rail, staring out at the water as her mind raced with unaswered questions. Would they find Jack in the Land of the Dead? Was there a way to bring him home? And.....would he forgive her for leaving him to his death?"

So...the way it is written, it is as if she is most concerned with if he will forgive her or not......she is thinking about jack quite a bit...

"jack sparrow was a pirate through and through, Elizabeth thought. He knew that one often had to use underhanded means to get desirable ends. He knew that she had been saving everyone else by chaining him to the mast, and he had even seemed proud of her piratelike acitons. But that didn't mean he was going to be thrilled about dying. He would blame her, and she wasn't sure how he would react to seeing her again."

Then Will approaches...and they don't speak...

"He (Will) seemed almost like a stranger to her. She still loved him, but she couldnt' tell him about how she felt or about the guilt she was struggling with over Jack's death."

Pressure
I cannot find the Novelization but only other books that are diffrent parts of the story (example Wills Force, Saving Jack Sparrow)

But I learned that whoever stabs the heart of davy jones has to take his place and Will wants to save his father, but Jack figures he should stab the heart because then he would Take Davy Jones place as the captain of the flying Dutchman and could sail the seas forever P.S Can anybody send me a link to what the cover of the novelization looks like?

willofthewisp
I don't know about you guys, but after the movie comes out, there's a book and I think it's called Bring Me that Horizon and it's a making of the entire trilogy, which I am excited about getting. Consider going on amazon to preorder it. It says it covers every aspect of the movies' development, and I love that stuff. Think of is as Special Features times 10.

ivebeendepped43
oh cool!!!

JacksSweet

Ditte3

Surreal_44
Will says he hates Jack because Jack chucked him over-board. Considering all the times Jack has in fact screwed him over, or at least seems to have, then Will's reaction is both funny and honest.

Also, I think we'll have to see how Will says it, because Orlando might just play it off as Will sighing in exasperation when he says it. Don't take everything at face value. stick out tongue A lot of this stuff will depend on how the actors play it out.

T.Maria
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Will says he hates Jack because Jack chucked him over-board. Considering all the times Jack has in fact screwed him over, or at least seems to have, then Will's reaction is both funny and honest.

Also, I think we'll have to see how Will says it, because Orlando might just play it off as Will sighing in exasperation when he says it. Don't take everything at face value. stick out tongue A lot of this stuff will depend on how the actors play it out.

well put big grin

I for one thought that the 'chartman' scene would never play out. (because on paper it sounded flat and kinda 'they're-trying-to-be-funny-but-its-not-paying-off')

But to my surprise, i found it highly hilarious laughing

its all down to interpretation...

so i believe that the line will be funny big grin

Surreal_44
Exactly. A lot of stuff on paper just doesn't look as good until you see the actors put their character into the words. Actions, facial expressions, tone, the entire situation...

What looks weird on paper turns out far better on screen. Generally speaking. Ok, so there are some movies that should never, ever have been made, but luckily, Pirates is not one of them. big grin

T.Maria
ill second that comment...

Who thought up 'the haunted mansion' ???
that film should have been left in the writers head...

I just think that AWE will continue to surprise us.
HEY! come to think of it;

some of the stuff that they use in the trailors doesnt even make it to the final cut!
it happened in DMC, too.
When will sees jack running from the cannibals and he says "Never mind, lets go"

- but apparently that wasnt an actual take??

So technically, you never know what you are going to get out of this film...you cant even trust the trailors lmao!! big grin

JacksSweet

Ericadawn
Haunted Mansion could have been a good movie IF they didn't try for funny and didn't have Eddie Murphy. It's a house with 800 ghosts and if you go by the Paris one which they did, it has a curse...if they had done it more like POTC, it would have been awesome, but they insisted on family comedy and it sucked. The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom and I'm still bitter about them ruining the movie for it.

It should have been more like POTC meets House on Haunted Hill and then it would have worked.

ivebeendepped43
i got the book today!!!

willofthewisp
"When will sees jack running from the cannibals and he says "Never mind, lets go"

- but apparently that wasnt an actual take??"-----T. Maria

According to the commentary, Orlando actually screwed up and the scene was cut and he said, "never mind, let's go" saying he wanted to do it over. I thought that was kind of funny. It's a blooper that looks like a part of the film and actually fits. I wonder if the AWE trailer has any happy accidents like that. We don't know. Maybe that picture of Jack looking really scared is actually just Johnny farting in the middle of a really intense, emotional scene and he's embarassed. Maybe Tia Dalma doesn't really go with them to the Locker or Singapore and that's just Naomi deciding to pester people and be in every shot. I personally like to think that Orlando and Keira's kiss is actually a in-the-heat-of-the-moment ordeal the two finally couldn't hide their burning passion for one another. T&T and Gore thought it was hot, so it stayed in.

JacksSweet

JacksSweet

PirateDiva
^^ I do have to admitt though that Kiss between W/L on the ship in the midst of Battle is pretty hot! but i agree JacksSweet....i can so imagine Jack and Liz sharing a kiss like that and it would be WAY Hotter!!!! big grin LIKE ON FIRE HOTT!!

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"When will sees jack running from the cannibals and he says "Never mind, lets go"

- but apparently that wasnt an actual take??"-----T. Maria

According to the commentary, Orlando actually screwed up and the scene was cut and he said, "never mind, let's go" saying he wanted to do it over. I thought that was kind of funny. It's a blooper that looks like a part of the film and actually fits. I wonder if the AWE trailer has any happy accidents like that. We don't know. Maybe that picture of Jack looking really scared is actually just Johnny farting in the middle of a really intense, emotional scene and he's embarassed. Maybe Tia Dalma doesn't really go with them to the Locker or Singapore and that's just Naomi deciding to pester people and be in every shot. I personally like to think that Orlando and Keira's kiss is actually a in-the-heat-of-the-moment ordeal the two finally couldn't hide their burning passion for one another. T&T and Gore thought it was hot, so it stayed in. also the "I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander." line was said to be cut out from the part when Jack is explaining to Norrington about how its really Will's fault that he became a pirate, u no, when they're on the roof, but they had to cut it out.

JacksSweet

willofthewisp

Ditte3
You don't marry someone whom you can imagine your life with,but marry the one without whom you cannot imagine your life.

Lilimimi
Lovely line, Ditte3 ! Very cute !

willofthewisp
Well said, ditte3. I think again if we had seen them between COTBP and DMC, we would get a clue as to whether or not they really were meant for each other. Speaking from experience, being engaged is a really trying time for a couple. It's the first time the two of you are really planning and going through the same stressful thing together. Even for Will and Liz who had an adventure before, planning a wedding is a completely unique experience. All we know about them is that Will taught her to fight (yay!) and they have both remained sexually pure...although I'm not 100% sure Will's a virgin, ha ha ha.

katelovespirate
i'm totally there with ya. it's irritating to me that the writers/makers think that by throwing in a cinematic kiss, they can totally discredit everything that happened in film 2. I'm slightly annoyed. Cause yeah, the kiss on the ship looks fantastic, really beautiful and will be a great moment. but it's like they are trying to bury the end of film 2 with it or something. you can't create chemistry between characters by pure scenic imagery alone.
and no matter how much Will and Liz's relationship "develops" and "matures" by surviving the rough times, I just don't think I'll be able to fully enjoy them ending together, with film 2 still sitting on my bookcase, evincing a whole different direction they trilogy seemed to be taking.

willofthewisp
I haven't seen AWE, obviously, so I don't know what T&T have in store for us, but I can say that if I were writing it, and I wanted to break rules be unconventional and all that, I would have stuck with the COTBP dynamic in which it was obvious that Jack and Liz had chemistry, but neither really wanted to go any further than a friendship/respect relationship. As far as bumps in the road go, Will and Liz have plenty already. Their WEDDING was interrupted because they were arrested and sentenced to death for goodness sake. There was no need to bring Jack into it and stir up all this lust, guilt, etc. Really, if T&T get mad at people for being into J/E, they should have thought of something for the two of them to do on the way from Tortuga to Isla de Cruces. Why not do some exposition, or backstory, or a small subplot? Why play with this idea that Jack could have her on his mind for an entire year without ever even seeing her and then hardly knowing what to do with himself when he finally did see her again? And why have her go for it? I don't understand that. There had to have been another way for their characters to develop without throwing any romantic feelings in.

katelovespirate
I fully agree. Well said. Bravo.
And I suppose, if there is no other logical conclusion, it was the money that clinched the deal. Controversy and love triangles are wonderful ways of making money.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>