Dr. Fate vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Dr. Fate Kent Nelson (strongest version) vs. Thanos

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Dr. Fate Kent Nelson (strongest version) vs. Thanos

kent ftw

long pig
There was a Kent version after zero hour, too and he was weak. Whenever nelson is mentioned I think post-ZH nelson.

Strange and Kent are very close in power, and Fate is superman strong with super speed and reflexes as well as super durability without shields.

Thanos loses 9/ 10

xmarksthespot
hmm

Mr.Biscuits
Thanos. He's worth more points.

golem370
Somebody in this forum said That Strange commented that he couldn't beat Thanos.

Priest
Originally posted by golem370
Somebody in this forum said That Strange commented that he couldn't beat Thanos.
He said that he would need help to take on Thanos. I can dig up scans later if i remember.

Bouboumaster
Thanos

DigiMark007
I think the scan was when he mentioned to Surfer that he was the only one capable of giving Thanos a challenge, though it might've just been Strange being modest and deferring to Surfer.

TricksterPriest
Given his feats, Strange would wreck Thanos back in the day.

Anyways, this match is spite. Dr. Fate at his best = Nabu, so Thanos is boned.

Estacado
Thanos with prep>>>>Spectre>>Nabu>>>>Fate.

Barbarian Shams
Good matchup, but I'd think that Dr. Fate can beat Thanos 7/10 providing Thanos doesn't do anything too surprising. Off-topic but that's a nice DMC 4 sig and avy you got Estacado.

Eon Blue
Fate.

Evangel94
What could Fate do that Odin, Galactus, and almost the entire marvel universe couldn't?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Evangel94
What could Fate do that Odin, Galactus, and almost the entire marvel universe couldn't? Nabu could do a lot against the Titan.

TricksterPriest
What could Fate do that Odin, Galactus, and almost the entire marvel universe couldn't?

Do you really want me to answer this? no expression

The Pict
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

I wouldn't mind knowing. The only thing I have with Dr Fate in it is Virtue and Vice (which is bollocks)

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by The Pict
I wouldn't mind knowing. The only thing I have with Dr Fate in it is Virtue and Vice (which is bollocks)

Permanently kill Thanos? Galactus could do it, quite easily. Death made Thanos immortal, not unbeatable. And even she can't rez someone from the UN.

Nabu is an abstract level being and the most powerful lord of Order. At his strongest, Dr. Fate is the living incarnation of Nabu.

Thanos doesn't have a ****ing prayer against the being that was able to stalemate DOV Spectre at the height of his power. no

Mindset
You talk as if DOV Spectre is one of his stronger showings.

Maybe I'm just getting that from your wording.

TricksterPriest
It was strong enough to destroy the 9th age of magic. And my point exactly, is that even a weakened Spectre is infinitely strong. Stalemating him isn't something even Galactus could do.

Mindset
It was strong enough to destroy the 9th age of magic. And my point exactly, is that even a weakened Spectre is infinitely strong. Stalemating him isn't something even Galactus could do.

What makes you think that?

Martian_mind
Stalemating DOV Spectre is beyond Galactus?

lulz.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Martian_mind

lulz.

I'm not sure he could do it at the end of DOV, after Spectre had consumed all the magic on earth. Earlier, sure.

Juntai
Originally posted by Martian_mind

lulz. Yep.

Evangel94

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want an answer. So yes, I would like an answer. If Dr. Strange said he couldn't beat Thanos, then what could Dr. Fate do? Thanos literally has huge amounts of durability, and as long as he could keep Dr. Fate on his toes and prevent him from pulling off any big spells, then I don't see Dr. Fate beating Thanos. At least not with serious preparation before hand.

Eon Blue
Thanos is overrated. hah

TricksterPriest
I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want an answer. So yes, I would like an answer.

Nabu is low-mid end abstract. Galactus could also wipe out Thanos, so that's a non-issue. Odin was beating Thanos's ass, I'm not sure which fight you saw. He might not have been able to kill him, but it's obvious he was winning the whole time. Thanos's props are for surviving, not stalemating.

Nabu is way above those guys, except for Big G. And I'd give him good odds against a decently fed Galactus.

Thanos is completely outmatched.

And don't be naive. Strange could easily defeat Thanos if he's at his best. His feats are far beyond Thanos's abilities to counter.

Eon Blue
Nabu is low-mid end abstract. Galactus could also wipe out Thanos, so that's a non-issue. Odin was beating Thanos's ass, I'm not sure which fight you saw. He might not have been able to kill him, but it's obvious he was winning the whole time. Thanos's props are for surviving, not stalemating.

Nabu is way above those guys, except for Big G. And I'd give him good odds against a decently fed Galactus.

Thanos is completely outmatched.

And don't be naive. Strange could easily defeat Thanos if he's at his best. His feats are far beyond Thanos's abilities to counter.

Exactly.

Evangel94

"Don't be naive?" Talk about childish. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Feats are not the only thing that determines a character. I hate this non-sense about posting a feat and just saying that 'character A beats character B.' There are always circumstances behind everything.

In fact the very word 'feat' implies that it is not an everyday normal action.

Dr. Strange at one point in time admitted that he could not put down and relegated that task to Silver Surfer. Does that mean that Dr. Strange couldn't beat Thanos? No. But it does imply that within the context of the story, Dr. Strange could not defeat Thanos at that time. And probably carries weight that Dr. Strange views Thanos as a difficult to beat adversary.

Arguments shouldn't be: Look Fate beat character X! He obviously can beat Thanos! Because then, I could say, look Thanos conquered the entire Marvel Universe! Twice! There's no way Fate could beat Thanos.

spidey-dude
fate FTW

batdude123
Anyway, this is a joke.

Pre-Crisis Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson) would absolutely massacre Thanos.

TricksterPriest

Feats are not the only thing that determines a character. I hate this non-sense about posting a feat and just saying that 'character A beats character B.' There are always circumstances behind everything.

Dr. Strange at one point in time admitted that he could not put down and relegated that task to Silver Surfer. Does that mean that Dr. Strange couldn't beat Thanos? No. But it does imply that within the context of the story, Dr. Strange could not defeat Thanos at that time. And probably carries weight that Dr. Strange views Thanos as a difficult to beat adversary.

Arguments shouldn't be: Look Fate beat character X! He obviously can beat Thanos! Because then, I could say, look Thanos conquered the entire Marvel Universe! Twice! There's no way Fate could beat Thanos.

..............this post displays complete ignorance of DCU characters. no expression

Difficult to beat? Maybe. Can Strange do it in a heartbeat? Abso-****ing-lutely.

Thanos is outgunned here. you have no idea how powerful Dr. Fate is. And worse, you don't seem to understand that he's not facing Dr. Fate, he's facing Nabu.

pr1983

no offence, but you're sort of missing the point of the forum... erm

Papa Smurph
Nabu > Thanos > Kent Nelson

why's Nabu's name even being dropped?

TricksterPriest
Because Fate at his best is Nabu.

Papa Smurph
Kent Nelson at his best is still Kent Nelson, not Nabu.

Nabu Fate doesn't have the human body which inhibits the level of spell he can cast like Kent.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Thanos is overrated. hah No he isnt. Thanos has the feats to back himself up.

Mr. Slippyfist
And even she can't rez someone from the UN.
Just can't hold back that discrimination can you?

Eon Blue
Originally posted by quanchi112
No he isnt. Thanos has the feats to back himself up.

Don't get me wrong, Thanos is definately one of the coolest characters made by Marvel. But it's people like you who kill it for me.

The Pict
Fate could probably win by bfr by trapping Thanos in his tower (or whatever it was) like he did to Superman, Wonderwoman, Star spangled Kid, Sentinel and some other members of the JLA/JSA.

Tony Stark
There is no way in H-E-double toothpicks that Kent (Fate) is beating THANOS.

Sorry... That's the truth! Because Stone Cold says so!!!

llagrok
Dr.Fate

The Dov Spectre's energy was being siphoned, wasn't that what Fate was trying to tell him? Either way it was an incredibly impressive feat.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Tony Stark
There is no way in H-E-double toothpicks that Kent (Fate) is beating THANOS.

Sorry... That's the truth! Because Stone Cold says so!!!

Wasn't this guy supposed to be banned ?

Anyway ..

Dr Fate, easily.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Wasn't this guy supposed to be banned ?

Anyway ..

Dr Fate, easily.

It was a 3 day ban... My first and my last.

Anyway...

THANOS easily.

angel

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Tony Stark
It was a 3 day ban... My first and my last.

laughing out loud

I doubt it.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
laughing out loud

I doubt it.

Happy Dance

Always the quick witted one Mags.

Sirius77
Fate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.