Ideas for the reinvented Halloween franchise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ConalCochran
I was thinking if Michael dies in this new one, maybe they should try the anthology idea again like they did with "Halloween 3". Each film can tell a different story about the title holiday but have Dr. Loomis in each of them as he hunts for other killers.

Wolfie
Halloween 3 was looked down on in the '80s, it'll be worse now.

LaHaine
why would loomis care of other killers since he is clearly obsessed with the myers case?
it would bring less serious consideration for loomis's character if he concentrated on a lot of killers rather than myers.

and, believe me, if the new halloween doesnt end exactly as the original, it will end with an exact effect.

doomsday49
I was thinking.......let's not do another one!!

ConalCochran
Well the idea is to make Loomis as a modern Van Helsing when he hunts for other lunatics and killers in haddonfield and beyond. And why couldn't you accept the anthology idea that John Carpenter intended for the franchise?

Mider999
it just didnt work i guess the anthology idea, so he nixed it we like myers better, but yeah they need to pump new blood into this franchise, i mean he's killing people.......ok........WHAT ELSE..........who is he.......why he do it.........how can he do all the stuff he does like servive bullets..........etc.

Wolfie
I prefer to only see him hunt down Michael. If we saw him hunting other killers, it would take the effect away from Halloween. Michael would be just another killer Loomis dealt with.

ConalCochran
Michael is a laughable villain except in the first movie where he's all menancing and really scary then in the sequels he becomes nothing but a Jason Voorhees wannabe where he can't die, he should have died in the first movie then Carpenter could have started the idea of different horror movies about halloween each year.

And that's what made "Halloween 3" good, is that it had a PLOT much like the first movie unlike the sequels which were plotless killathons much like the "Saw" sequels.

MildPossession
Myers looks creepy in the Rob Zombie 'remake' coming up.

ragesRemorse
i deffeinanty thin its time for myers to go to space. Maybe fight some giant space squids and shit. Now that i would watch.

Wolfie
Originally posted by ConalCochran
Michael is a laughable villain except in the first movie where he's all menancing and really scary then in the sequels he becomes nothing but a Jason Voorhees wannabe where he can't die, he should have died in the first movie then Carpenter could have started the idea of different horror movies about halloween each year.

And that's what made "Halloween 3" good, is that it had a PLOT much like the first movie unlike the sequels which were plotless killathons much like the "Saw" sequels.
So I take it you didn't like the ending to the first movie?

And what are the similarities between Halloween 1 and 3 plot-wise other than they both take place on Halloween?

dawsey28
Originally posted by doomsday49

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Let Zombie make his remake, then leave the "franchise" alone.

cropsy_is_god
Halloweens have gone on way to long. If michael is the best serial killer out there why has it taken him so goddam long to kill his entire family. Is he actually still killin his family btw. I lost interest after part 6

spidermonkey
I lost interest during 6.

A cult? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I agree with doomsday and dawsey.

No more Halloween movies, please.

And BTW, I am NOT going to see this movie in theatres. I might watch it on DVD.

I loved House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. I respect Zombie and all, but I am absolutely sick of all the remakes.

I refuse to watch anymore of them in theatres.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by doomsday49

No,They need one more after Zombies remake,so the franchise does not end with that horrible Halloween resurrection mad

dawsey28
Like spidermonkey, I try my best not to watch remakes in the theatres. Way too many of remakes of horror flicks being made and don't like to support that. I've caved in a few times and watched a couple remakes and they always seem to end up being not good at all.

But I'm way too intrigued by this particular remake. I loved House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, and I'm curious as to what Zombie will do with this one, so I'll probably end up checking this one out as well.

steverules
I would've preffered that in 2 he die and then leave it...but they ruined things and made bad sequals

cropsy_is_god
I agree all the halloween films sucked after part 2

ConalCochran
But Steve, do you think the anthology idea would have worked if it was Halloween 2?

steverules
Maybe, I think cause they made the sequal about Michael, halloween became a Mike Myers movie. And when I said the sequals were bad, I meant the one's with Mike Myers, Halloween 3 was ok I s'pose...could've been worse.

Mider999
i think part 3 was a lame attempt at trying to show why myers was insane by baysically saying that it was his mask when it failed horribly they basically just put it in the closet persay.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Mider999
i think part 3 was a lame attempt at trying to show why myers was insane by baysically saying that it was his mask when it failed horribly they basically just put it in the closet persay.

Your wrong

Micheal_Myers
Yes....horribly wrong.....

cropsy_is_god
i hope michael dies and they leave the hallloween franchise alone forever. The 1st & 2nd were classics the rest were utter pish

Mider999
am i where else would they get the idea of masks turning kids insane please let me know.

cigarman
Originally posted by Mider999
am i where else would they get the idea of masks turning kids insane please let me know.

Have you even seen the movie?The masks didn't make the kids insane.

The masks killed the kids.....BIG difference.

quanchi112
i wish zombie was doing a straight sequel instead of a remake. it shows a lock of creativity. ill see it anyways becuz i like michael myers, but i wish it was just a sequel.

masterpiece
i liked all the halloween movies except the 3rd one.

2D_MASTER

Jason_Krueger

Jason_Krueger

ragesRemorse
I think they should just remake the original while sticking close to the source material, but not trying to recreate the tension and suspense carpenter did, and maybe get a radical director like rob zombie to direct it

Big Sexy
I am still going to check it out but I have low expectations. It will either be like the Omen remake which had no point since the lines were ripped off almost completly from part 1 , or it will be like TCM which is an ok remake but pales in comparison to the original.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Jason_Krueger
Yeah he's dead he died in 1995 but about someone else being casted they have already found someone.....Malcolm McDowell (he starred in a bunch of B movies)

Also Actress Danielle Harris will go topless in this film, she's from previous Halloween films but was too young to reveal anything

Wow she sure did grow well, I look forward to seeing this gratuitous boob shot. As for McDowell as Loomis, that isn't that bad, I wonder if he will bring his jock-strap and fake eyelashes.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I am still going to check it out but I have low expectations. It will either be like the Omen remake which had no point since the lines were ripped off almost completly from part 1 , or it will be like TCM which is an ok remake but pales in comparison to the original.

I think people will like it more than the original like the TCM, but i think it impossible to offer the suspense the original did, but then again, im not sure that zombie is going for that

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Jason_Krueger
Yeah he's dead he died in 1995 but about someone else being casted they have already found someone.....Malcolm McDowell (he starred in a bunch of B movies)

Also Actress Danielle Harris will go topless in this film, she's from previous Halloween films but was too young to reveal anything

Has it been confirmed that Danielle Harris is topless?

Jason_Krueger
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Has it been confirmed that Danielle Harris is topless?

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/halloween9.php

She also goes on to say how she'll have a nude scene... "I also do topless stuff in this movie, which is something that I don’t think any of the fans know, nor have I ever done partial nudity in a film before. And it’s only because I respect Rob so much, and because its not, for a lack of a better word, a T&A shot. It really about what happens. And if you’re looking at my boobs and not looking at the scene, than you’re crazy." Awesome.

cigarman
Originally posted by ConalCochran

Um.no....Jason is a Michel wannabe.He was created entirely to capitalize off of Micheal's popularity.

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
They killed off Loomis in Halloween 6. Anyways isn’t Donald Pleasance dead, It would be sacrilegious to cast anybody else as Loomis.

They already have.Malcom McDowell is the new Loomis.This is about a sequal to the REMAKE.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by K.Diddy
No,They need one more after Zombies remake,so the franchise does not end with that horrible Halloween resurrection mad

Yeah K Diddy is right.as much as I was dissapointed with Zombies Halloween movie it HAD to be made.You cant end the whole thing with that disgraceful Halloween Resurrection movie.Zombies Halloween movie was bad as well but it wasnt as god awful as that pitiful Resurrection.I wish to hell they would end the whole damn thing with zombies Halloween movie.thats two crappy Halloween movies now,its not going to get any better.But they wont.I guarantee you that.The way I know is we all know Michael cant die simply from a gunshot to the head.think guys.I agree with the people that said the movie SHOULD have ended after the first two Halloween movies.

But since they didnt end it there-which Im not too bummed out about since I really liked Halloween 4 a lot and 5 was okay except for the way it ended,but the beginning was cool.since the movies DIDNT end after Halloween 2, the idiots for SURE should have ended it with Halloween H20.It was a perfect way to end the whole damn thing by cuttting off his head but the bastards had to go and make that crapfest Resurrection. mad

I like to pretend Resurrection NEVER happened,that it was all just a bad dream and that it all ended with H20.I would like to believe this new halloween movie of Zombies is the last but like i said,I know better because again,we all know Michael cannot die from just a gunshot to the head.They should make one more with Loomis somehow not dying in the last movie and hunting him down and he performs some kind of withcraft on him like you see on the show Supernatural where they get rid of demons possessing people.Have Loomis do the same thing with Michael and THIS time chop him into pieces that way its IMPOSSIBLE for him to live and kill anymore.

I think we will have at least two more halloween movies because there have been 11 friday the 13th movies and the halloween people seem intent on making at least as many as they did. mad

quanchi112
Originally posted by cigarman
Um.no....Jason is a Michel wannabe.He was created entirely to capitalize off of Micheal's popularity.

They already have.Malcom McDowell is the new Loomis.This is about a sequal to the REMAKE. michael was first yes but i always prefered jason over michael.

if the met jason would kick the shit out of him.

ps jason might be more popular than myers nowadays.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.