Who can carry a thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
In your opinion, which characters can CARRY a thread for pages upon pages just by their mere presence? Even if, sometimes, they don't really belong fighting the people they're fighting?

I'd say Superman, the Surfer, Wolverine, Spiderman, the Hulk, and Storm currently.

Anyone else that can definitely carry a thread?

Validus
The characters with the most fanboys/haters.

*pats self on back*

Galan007
Everyone you said + Darkseid, Thanos, Batman, Reed, and Doom /w/ prep.

DigiMark007
Those are great examples, but the winner has to be Logan. He shows up routinely in threads where he's not even a participant.

Also, lol @ Doom w/prep

Nataku8188
Me.

Also, Thor

-a-m-a-n again
There's definitley ones who caused more contraversy than any other ... the artist formerly known as the Phoenix.

I'd say Superman, Batman, Wolverine, Spiderman, Silver Surfer and Thanos are always good bets.

Estacado
Devilgoblin.

Priest
co-signed with logan
Also that hasn't been mentioned Gl's Hal or Kyle , and Apocalypse

Validus
All those high tier cosmics also. It's pretty much the same people in all those threads though.

Priest
Originally posted by Validus
All those high tier cosmics also. It's pretty much the same people in all those threads though.
(minus doomsday)

Soljer
The phoenix never really carried threads.

The phoenix carried (hostile) conversations between GS and Mr. Master. Not quite the same thing, stick out tongue.

WorldWarHulk
All those high tier cosmics also. It's pretty much the same people in all those threads though. And then when you use a less known character, it doesn't get too many responses.
I guess you just have to rally up a bunch of fanboys, and start a huge thread for that to work (alla Storm).

Validus
Originally posted by Soljer

The phoenix carried (hostile) conversations between GS and Mr. Master. Not quite the same thing, stick out tongue.
I think everyone has had their say on the Phoenix issue at one point. Most of us just gave up though. stick out tongue

Priest
Flash, he has lots of fanboys shifty

Galan007
The phoenix carried (hostile) conversations between GS and Mr. Master. Not quite the same thing, stick out tongue. Yep, and their arguments usually turn into 50+ pages of back and forth insults, that no one else cares to partake in. erm

-a-m-a-n again

U forget the capaigns of Demi, A.C., Newjak, Whirly and Cosmic cube.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by -a-m-a-n again

Someone who remembers AC? Holy shit.

Redatom65
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Those are great examples, but the winner has to be Logan. He shows up routinely in threads where he's not even a participant.

Also, lol @ Doom w/prep

laughing i've done that

The Pict

You just joined yesterday, jeez...

Anyway Batman, Superman, Logan, Prof X, Spiderman.

Newjak
U forget the capaigns of Demi, A.C., Newjak, Whirly and Cosmic cube. You know seriously my name has been getting mentioned out of nowhere lately.

I'm the enemy of Nvr as of Yesterday

And today I am the man who campaigned against the mighty Phoenix

eek!

As to who can carry a thread I'll say Thor/Superman the most there is just a lot of wiggle room for these power houses in some things.

-a-m-a-n again
Originally posted by Newjak
You know seriously my name has been getting mentioned out of nowhere lately.

eek!

As to who can carry a thread I'll say Thor/Superman the most there is just a lot of wiggle room for these power houses in some things.

The phoenix vs Unicron I do believe ? smile

Newjak
The phoenix vs Unicron I do believe ? smile Yes it was stick out tongue

Validus
You know seriously my name has been getting mentioned out of nowhere lately.

eek!

I still call BS on you being Nvr's enemy. I've put in far too much effort in that category to be ignored. mad

Newjak
I still call BS on you being Nvr's enemy. I've put in far too much effort in that category to be ignored. mad What can I say I'm a natural at bugging people cool

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Nataku8188

laughing out loud

i used to lurk for months here before joining and alpha centauri was quite a handful to ALOT of guys...

Badabing
What can I say I'm a natural at bugging people cool All you hippies are!!!!! durfist

stick out tongue

Newjak
Originally posted by Badabing
All you hippies are!!!!! durfist

stick out tongue I'm a Hippie just like you

durfist

Badabing
I'm a Hippie just like you

durfist I'm no damn hippie! mad I've always been anti hippie! Down with hippies! durfist

Newjak
I'm no damn hippie! mad I've always been anti hippie! Down with hippies! durfist You would rise against me and my Hippie army then I must hit you where it hurts I am removing the

durfist

from you

no expression

Badabing
You would rise against me and my Hippie army then I must hit you where it hurts I am removing the

durfist

from you

no expression Get your hands off the Durfist you damn, dirty hippie! mad durfist

stick out tongue

Newjak
Get your hands off the Durfist you damn, dirty hippie! mad durfist

stick out tongue The Durfist stays with me until you join as my Second in command Hippie

durfist

Nataku8188
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
laughing out loud

i used to lurk for months here before joining and alpha centauri was quite a handful to ALOT of guys...

He was a great man.

Tha C-Master
The characters with the most fanboys/haters.

*pats self on back* That's all you had to say. big grin

Generally Wolverine carries the most, throw Spider-man in it and nothing comes close.

Nataku8188
JUGGERNAUT!

Priest
Damm AC and Cosmic Cube were awesome debaters, i remember them durning my early days here.
I think AC is still on kmc but not on the comic book forums.

Tha C-Master
Yea. Cosmic Cube was good.

xmarksthespot
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=77&daysprune=1000&pagenumber=1&perpage=50&sortorder=desc&sortfield=replycount

That should answer the question.

Priest
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=77&daysprune=1000&pagenumber=1&perpage=50&sortorder=desc&sortfield=replycount

That should answer the question.
clever one wink

Tha C-Master
The wet t-shirt contest, I remember that thread lol. Logan87 got it closed.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Priest
clever one wink I'm clever. happy

So many Storm threads... shock
All consisting of everybody except like 2 people saying Storm dies horribly.

boriquaking55
Huc could carry any thread, he's skyfoth3r lev3l

Priest
^The Huc can carry he internet!

Newjak
Damm AC and Cosmic Cube were awesome debaters, i remember them durning my early days here.
I think AC is still on kmc but not on the comic book forums. Yeah AC is still here he frequents the GDF and OTF forums from what I've seen.

Honestly what I've seen from him isn't very impressive he knows how to talk a big game and use fancy words but he was far from dominant from what I saw.

He just seems to have been here for awhile when other people were finding out how to really write good deabtes and thus his legend has become bigger than his skill.

I mean just from what I've seen of him when I ran into him on the OTF a few times. And from what I read him saying in the GDF. erm

Priest
Yeah AC is still here he frequents the GDF and OTF forums from what I've seen.

Honestly what I've seen from him isn't very impressive he knows how to talk a big game and use fancy words but he was far from dominant from what I saw.

He just seems to have been here for awhile when other people were finding out how to really write good deabtes and thus his legend has become bigger than his skill.

I mean just from what I've seen of him when I ran into him on the OTF a few times. And from what I read him saying in the GDF. erm
well back then on the vs forum he seemed to immpress me very much, maybe cause i was a novice back then and knew shit about comics..
As of recent i do see him on once in a while, but i never really read his post, i dont participate in the OTF/GDF at all really judge his wording.
Anywayz i probally would say he would be above par compared to most of the "new guys" that joined within the year. I feel that as of late there are more "wolverine8888" now than ever (take in mind that im not just talkin about the wolverine fans ).

Newjak
well back then on the vs forum he seemed to immpress me very much, maybe cause i was a novice back then and knew shit about comics..
As of recent i do see him on once in a while, but i never really read his post, i dont participate in the OTF/GDF at all really judge his wording.
Anywayz i probally would say he would be above par compared to most of the "new guys" that joined within the year. I feel that as of late there are more "wolverine8888" now than ever (take in mind that im not just talkin about the wolverine fans ). I won't lie he is a pretty good debater, point on pretty good, and is above the average from what I've seen but he isn't anything special from what I saw.

In fact here is what he does well. He makes solid points and then uses great grammar and articulation to kind of make those points sound absolute. Which isn't bad.

His problem is he so assure of himself I think because everyone has confused articulation with good debating that he kind of goes into a self-deluded ideal of himself. In which he truly believes he is the best debater on this forum bar none. Then instead of actually debating he feels the need to drive home how much better he is than everyone else.

So much so that he decides to drop the points being made against him only resurfacing the samething he already said. Basically he is like I'm right your wrong why because I'm better than you.

In essence he turns into a bully trying to use his own self image to justify his reasons.

I mean he seems ok outside of debating when he is just trying to be cool but of his pride is in danger he willing become venomous on the subject.

I mean apprantly I got added his owned list even though we weren't actually debating. Simply because I said his points weren't nearly as solid as he thought they were.

And I could refute some of them. I wasn't even in the debate I was simply trying to get both sides to clam down and quit bickering. stick out tongue

Priest
I won't lie he is a pretty good debater, point on pretty good, and is above the average from what I've seen but he isn't anything special from what I saw.
In fact here is what he does well. He makes solid points and then uses great grammar and articulation to kind of make those points sound absolute. Which isn't bad.
True, that was the kind of style that i remember him using. I do admit i did enjoy reading his post.

His problem is he so assure of himself I think because everyone has confused articulation with good debating that he kind of goes into a self-deluded ideal of himself. In which he truly believes he is the best debater on this forum bar none. Then instead of actually debating he feels the need to drive home how much better he is than everyone else.
So much so that he decides to drop the points being made against him only resurfacing the samething he already said. Basically he is like I'm right your wrong why because I'm better than you.
In essence he turns into a bully trying to use his own self image to
justify his reasons.
Sounds like Whirly.

I mean he seems ok outside of debating when he is just trying to be cool but of his pride is in danger he willing become venomous on the subject.
So pretty much ur saying he was a cockey bastared im assuming big grin
anyways back them i probally couldent tell if he was a good debator or just plain arrogant. Personally i dont know him as much as you do, so ill probally take your word for it..Yahman seems to be fond of him, so i suppose he was probally a doosh.

I mean apprantly I got added his owned list even though we weren't actually debating. Simply because I said his points weren't nearly as solid as he thought they were.
thats pretty stupid and imature on his part. If he was a good debator he should welcome other peoples opinions and critisisms to improve his ownself instead of disreguarding them cause of his gassed up head.

And I could refute some of them. I wasn't even in the debate I was simply trying to get both sides to clam down and quit bickering. stick out tongue
lets kick his ass wink

Newjak
Well here is the thread from where I first posted in it

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/440643_66-the-frozen-templars

From there you can read for about six pages about what my intentions were withthe thread. Then read what AC posted.

It's tone was that of elitism the entire time liek he felt he was tlaking down to someone.

Tha C-Master
I have some memories with this... but I'll keep them to myself...

Newjak
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I have some memories with this... but I'll keep them to myself... PM them to me I want to hear them stick out tongue

Newjak
OH I just reread the thread and forgot he actually insulted me for no reason in it man that guy was funny laughing out loud

And he only replied to me because I made random comment to someone else that he thought he had to point out for some reason.

Nataku8188
I won't lie he is a pretty good debater, point on pretty good, and is above the average from what I've seen but he isn't anything special from what I saw.

That's exactly why he's so awesome. He's beaten people in debates without even knowing shit about the topic, he just makes them look so stupid they loose all credibility.

WorldWarHulk
DC and Blair Wind, I guess...

Newjak
That's exactly why he's so awesome. He's beaten people in debates without even knowing shit about the topic, he just makes them look so stupid they loose all credibility. It doesn't make him a good debater it makes him a bully who manages to get under people's skins.

There is a difference and one he should possibly learn. As any one can tell you falling back on your own image to say your right is a Fallacy of a good argument. He uses big words to try and confuse people. Only the most ignorant people fall for those kind of glamer shows instead of relying on the points at hand. I think a good deal of people on here could learn that lesson. erm

Besides I think most of the people I consider good debaters on here would mop the floor with him now. stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
DC and Blair Wind, I guess...

It's supposed to be characters, not posters.

But that's true too, I spose.

Rick/Genis
Am I a good debator Newjak?

Newjak
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Am I a good debator Newjak? You know what I don't think I've ever actually seen you debate Rick stick out tongue

Although for a time I had everyone scrambling to get the Newjak Debater rank big grin

Rick/Genis
oh snap... I meant to have a cute cuddly smilie behind that post!

Newjak
oh snap... I meant to have a cute cuddly smilie behind that post! Then you failed stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
Dagnabbit... that means I'm a HORRIBLE debator!!! sad

manorastroman
AC is fun to wind up. a main difference between whirly and AC? AC takes himself super seriously, and whirly was always just out for a laugh.

my first KMC debate ever was with AC. i don't remember over what, though. i think it had something to do with silver surfer.

Newjak
Dagnabbit... that means I'm a HORRIBLE debator!!! sad Yes you just received the Newjak rating of 1/10 stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
ROTTEN TARNATION!!!

Newjak
ROTTEN TARNATION!!! Yep you now worse then a rapid , illiterate fanboy. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.