Long days ahead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fini
My 16 year old dog is reallly sick.

She has not eaten nor drank anything in the last two days. I try to give glucose and water but she vomits it back up sometime later. She has not been well for the past 10 days. And right now she is just skin and bones. She even has problems walking now.

I called the vet to come and put her down. And when the vet came he saw that she was not 100% beyong help and asked me whether now not we could try to save her.

OMG, can you imagine????? The vet was at my front gate with a syringe and that dreaded red euthanesea bottle in his hand and he was suggesting that we should try to save her for a few more months at least.

Before I could say "yes" he was back at his car getting out his medication kit( which is a huge ass kit, lol). He gave her some shots, and me a prescription to get some meds for her.

The vet said that normally he would put down the dog in this state, but he said that He knew that if she had any chance of making it, that she could do it under my care.

SOOOOO, my next few days, I'm gonna be poking and proding that dog ( sigh yet again) to make sure she gets meds, fluids, electrolytes, etc every 2 hrs.

OHHH, he said to fight and by God I will fight to get her well.
Wish me luck all.

SammySparrow
Awwww. I'M SORRY!!! sad How old is she?

Puzzle
Originally posted by SammySparrow
Awwww. I'M SORRY!!! sad How old is she?

"My 16 year old dog..."

no expression

SammySparrow
Oh....well,I'm doing 10 things right now,and my dog's barking so I must of missed that...

fini
sigh!!!! I would give anything to hear my dog bark right now.

Puzzle
Originally posted by SammySparrow
Oh....well,I'm doing 10 things right now,and my dog's barking so I must of missed that...

The first words...and you missed them? no expression

Secretus
WOW! It's rare to hear of a dog that lives 16 years. What type of dog?

Barker
I would've just put her down. Not a good idea to make her suffer.

Secretus
Originally posted by Barker

fini
well, the last few times she got this bad and worse, she came right back afterwards, within a week she was all spritely again and two weeks the all the weight lost was back on. The last time she was ill was last year around this time, when she had an infected uterus and she had emmergency surgery. About 24 hrs later, she was still under the effects of the anesthesia and was going through the garbage bin in the kitchen. She is really a remarkable dog.

I'm guessing that the vet knows how well she recovers after being ill, And like me wants to see if a few more days will do her any good.

guy222
Originally posted by fini

She has not eaten nor drank anything in the last two days. I try to give glucose and water but she vomits it back up sometime later. She has not been well for the past 10 days. And right now she is just skin and bones. She even has problems walking now.

I called the vet to come and put her down. And when the vet came he saw that she was not 100% beyong help and asked me whether now not we could try to save her.

OMG, can you imagine????? The vet was at my front gate with a syringe and that dreaded red euthanesea bottle in his hand and he was suggesting that we should try to save her for a few more months at least.

Before I could say "yes" he was back at his car getting out his medication kit( which is a huge ass kit, lol). He gave her some shots, and me a prescription to get some meds for her.

The vet said that normally he would put down the dog in this state, but he said that He knew that if she had any chance of making it, that she could do it under my care.

SOOOOO, my next few days, I'm gonna be poking and proding that dog ( sigh yet again) to make sure she gets meds, fluids, electrolytes, etc every 2 hrs.

Wish me luck all.

i will pray

Martian_mind
My brothers cat is 18 years old.....it's older then me and thinks it's the boss.Claws me whenever i'm in a 2 foot radius.

Puzzle
Originally posted by Martian_mind
My brothers cat is 18 years old.....it's older then me and thinks it's the boss.Claws me whenever i'm in a 2 foot radius.

◄I'd claw at you too. confused►

Martian_mind
I don't go near her.....she comes in the room,slinks up to the chair then snikt.

She got bitten by a red-belly black snake,killed it and then survived the bite.Fuggin Uber-cat.

Scythe
I hope you don't have her stuffed...

Barker
Originally posted by Scythe
I hope you don't have her stuffed...
... like on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by fini

Wish me luck all.

petpet _cheer_up_hug_

aww.. i'm Sorry...

Röland
... like on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/aoifeled/fresh_prince_cast.jpg

Barker
he Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is a popular American sitcom television series that aired on NBC from September 10, 1990 to May 20, 1996. The show featured Will Smith in a fish-out-of-water scenario. He was a streetwise teenager from Philadelphia who was sent to live with his wealthy relatives in a Bel-Air mansion. His lifestyle certainly did not fit well with that of his relatives living in Bel-Air. 148 episodes were produced over 6 seasons. The show is currently broadcast as a syndicated program and is seen on many networks such as The N and Nick at Nite. The syndicated show is shown on local channels in many countries.

*=DeathReaperr'
he Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is a popular American sitcom television series that aired on NBC from September 10, 1990 to May 20, 1996. The show featured Will Smith in a fish-out-of-water scenario. He was a streetwise teenager from Philadelphia who was sent to live with his wealthy relatives in a Bel-Air mansion. His lifestyle certainly did not fit well with that of his relatives living in Bel-Air. 148 episodes were produced over 6 seasons. The show is currently broadcast as a syndicated program and is seen on many networks such as The N and Nick at Nite. The syndicated show is shown on local channels in many countries. I love that show

Röland
he Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is a popular American sitcom television series that aired on NBC from September 10, 1990 to May 20, 1996. The show featured Will Smith in a fish-out-of-water scenario. He was a streetwise teenager from Philadelphia who was sent to live with his wealthy relatives in a Bel-Air mansion. His lifestyle certainly did not fit well with that of his relatives living in Bel-Air. 148 episodes were produced over 6 seasons. The show is currently broadcast as a syndicated program and is seen on many networks such as The N and Nick at Nite. The syndicated show is shown on local channels in many countries.

MR.Grum
naughty

Barker
haermm

MR.Grum
haermm laughing

fini
LOL, fresh prince was great.

oooo, and my doggie is drinking stuff again. Hmmm before the vet came, I took paper towels and smeared vapour rub on them and placed them all over the room around my dog( to help with the congestion). And by the time the vet left mucus was begining to drain from her nose ( sounds icky, but for a dog, it must be a great relief to smell. Thats most likely one of the reasons why she would not eat anything.)

I bought some pedialyte( electrolytes for children) and she finished nearly half the bottle. And drank over a cup of water and glucose water. I had to stop her because if she drank tooo much she would throw up.

SO things are looking up a little.

Secretus
Originally posted by Puzzle
"My 16 year old dog..."

no expression

fini
She had a viral infection.

If we can help her recover, dont you think that we can at least TRY????

Secretus
Sure, but sounds like your keeping your animal alive for yourself. Which I can understand.....

Storm
At some point in every dog' s life, there comes a time when the owner has to start thinking about letting him/her go. I think you should take a step back then, look at things from a neutral point of view, and ask yourself some questions. Is your dog still here because (s)he wants to be here, or is (s)he still here because you want her to be?

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Bigga Nigga420
Well if it is getting better then help it but if it can't get better then dont try
!

ladygrim
sad awww ihug

16 is a good age for a dog though

Bigga Nigga420
ya it is!

fini
Well thats why I called the vet to put her down, I didn't think that she was willing to try.

But when the vet came, she got up and greeted him. The vet himself said that if she had given up, she wouldn't have done that.

THIS morning, she is eating a little and drinking a lot. So things are still looking up.

Spearhead
16 years old for a dog is really old--you should thank your luck that she's lasted that long. That said, I know what it's like to lose pups (fairly often, actually) and it sucks a lot. But just think of all the fun she's brought in her long life, and it won't be too bad.

Best of luck for the coming months.

fini
Now the lil old thing is getting fed up of me trying to force feed her. When she wants water or food she will take it now. But I am still giving her liquids every 45 mins- 1 hr. She has the energy to quickly move her head away from the syringe and tuck her nose under her leg.

You know she was really really good up to last year, then two of our dogs ( ages 13 and 14) died and they were the last surviving dogs from her two litters. After that she started slowing down. Then we got a puppy in december and that pepped her right back up, she would run and play with the lil puppy. And that was only 2 months ago.

fini
WELLLLLLLLL so much for that

this morning she started throwing up blood. A dramatic downhill turn, especially when she ate and was drinking on her own yesterday.

But lunchtime she could not get up. So i called the vet and I had her put down bout an hour ago.

It was the greatest dog ever, she was not perfect, trained, quiet or anything, but anyway she was part of my soul and piece of it is gone now.

I'm leaving home today, not coming back for a while, and Am leaving here tooo for quite a while,
Bye all.

Kongu Dude

Barker
My sympathies.

We had to put down my Jack Russell Terrier The day after Thanksgiving in '05, so I somewhat know how you feel.

He was only 8, and really didn't like me too much, but we got on okay.

You never realize how much you love them until they go on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.