Dr. Strange vs. Teen Titans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Dr. Strange

vs.
Cyborg
Jericho
Kid Devil
Miss Martian
Ravager
Raven
Robin
Wonder Girl

The Teen Titans are completely bloodlusted and want to end the good Doctor's life, and will do anything in their power to make sure that this is accomplished.

Who wins?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Madvillain
Dr. Strange

vs.
Cyborg
Jericho
Kid Devil
Miss Martian
Ravager
Raven
Robin
Wonder Girl

The Teen Titans are completely bloodlusted and want to end the good Doctor's life, and will do anything in their power to make sure that this is accomplished.

Who wins?

Aside from Raven, what are any of the others really going to do against Strange's magic?

guy222
Dr. Strange

vs.
Cyborg
Jericho
Kid Devil
Miss Martian
Ravager
Raven
Robin
Wonder Girl

Who wins?

TT ftw

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by masterbruce
Aside from Raven, what are any of the others really going to do against Strange's magic?

QFT. They are screwed. stick out tongue

Thanos_THOTU
Any sane person with an IQ above 80, and the age of 5 knows that the Titans are screwed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Depends. IS Dr. Stranges Magic Stronger than Neron's? Can he resist Jericho And Miss martian's Tp? Can he over ride Ares' magic in Wonder Girl? And then there is the daughter of an interdimension lord named Raven. The current Dr. Strange will pull some wins. But the titans aren't screwed by any means.

DigiMark007
Eh. What nvr said. I'll co-sign that.

If Raven can counter some of his stuff (not entirely impossible) they have some decent weapons at their disposal.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Depends. IS Dr. Stranges Magic Stronger than Neron's? Can he resist Jericho And Miss martian's Tp? Can he over ride Ares' magic in Wonder Girl? And then there is the daughter of an interdimension lord named Raven. The current Dr. Strange will pull some wins. But the titans aren't screwed by any means.

Strange is the strongest telepath on marvel earth, baring a few guys like Onslaught.

And they don't have the magical juice to counter the crazy stuff he can pull. Timestop, soul steal, power steal, power seal, matter manipulation, turning them into field mice, etc.

Yeah, they're screwed alright. stick out tongue

Edit: Oh wait. CURRENT Dr. Strange? As in, the one who jobs worse than Apoc? :X If we're using him, the titans win out. sad

Entity

Yes they are! Royally.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Strange is the strongest telepath on marvel earth, baring a few guys like Onslaught.

And they don't have the magical juice to counter the crazy stuff he can pull. Timestop, soul steal, power steal, power seal, matter manipulation, turning them into field mice, etc.

Yeah, they're screwed alright. stick out tongue
I must disagree. Kid Devil is powered by Neron. Wonder Girl is powered by Ares. And Raven is the daughter of Trigon. THey got juice alright. ANd HE would have to resist being taken over by Jericho, and Miss martian's TP. It's too many of them with too many versatile attacks.

Devil Lance
If Jericho can get eye contact with Strange then the TT can win

Madvillain
it's a tough one!

Soljer
Resist telepathy? Heh. He took a full-powered mind bolt from moondragon WITH her gem, totally unphased. He's ejected the Surfer out of his own mind. Strange is definitely one of the top telepaths in marvel. I don't imagine he'd have too much trouble.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Resist telepathy? Heh. He took a full-powered mind bolt from moondragon WITH her gem, totally unphased. He's ejected the Surfer out of his own mind. Strange is definitely one of the top telepaths in marvel. I don't imagine he'd have too much trouble.

Jericho is an altogether differnt kind of beast. ANd So is Raven. ANd Moondragon was one of the biggest losers in marvel. SHe got beat so many times with the mind gem, one begins to wonder why she had it. She did better without it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I think this would come down to Raven against Dr. Strange. She has the power to defeat him.

TricksterPriest
Jericho is an altogether differnt kind of beast. ANd So is Raven. ANd Moondragon was one of the biggest losers in marvel. SHe got beat so many times with the mind gem, one begins to wonder why she had it. She did better without it.

QFT on Moondragon. I really can't stand her. Strange still would probably win, if we're not using the depowered current one.

Validus
Even the "depowered" Strange just went solo against the Mighty Avengers. I think it's pretty clear that Strange will just be written to the level of his opponents.

Soljer
Just? Which title are you referring to?

Validus
Just? Which title are you referring to?
Even Newer Avengers #29

Accel
He made the Mighty Avengers experience their worst fears. It pretty much proved Sentry is not in fact too powerful for Strange's magic.

Sam Z
Strange is screwed.

Madvillain
he took on the entire new avengers..depowered?

Accel
Supposedly, though, Strange will get taken out when Echo stabs him with a sword.

Soljer
he took on the entire new avengers..depowered?

He's on the new avengers.

He took on the entire mighty avengers depowered.

Sam Z
He's on the new avengers.

He took on the entire mighty avengers depowered.

And Trigon took down both Teen Titans and JLA teams at the same time.
With a thought...
While being trapped in another dimension...

Raven took on Trigon. Add Jericho, wondergirl and others = Poor Strange...

Madvillain
damn, i never would have thought.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Sam Z
And Trigon took down both Teen Titans and JLA teams at the same time.
With a thought...
While being trapped in another dimension...

Raven took on Trigon. Add Jericho, wondergirl and others = Poor Strange...

Most of the high power foes Strange takes on are far beyond the ability of the teen titans to deal with. Like Thanos, or the I-B, or Dormammu. Hell, Shuma-Gorath shits on Trigon, and Strange beat him in his own dimension.

Sam Z
Most of the high power foes Strange takes on are far beyond the ability of the teen titans to deal with. Like Thanos, or the I-B, or Dormammu. Hell, Shuma-Gorath shits on Trigon, and Strange beat him in his own dimension.

Don't know much about Shuma-Gorath, but Dormamu = shit comparing to Trigon. The guy destroyed a freaking planet at the age of 6! And at the age of 30 conquered millions of worlds.
He whooped Titans and JLA withing half of second with a THOUGHT.
And here we have his doughter who kicked his a$$. Plus group of powerfull superheroes, but they are not really needed here.
Strange loses and loses badly.

Thanos_THOTU
Own dimension > million of worlds ...

SpunkySmurph
People are making the serious mistakes here of believing that Raven = Trigon, Kid Devil = Neron and Wonder Girl = Ares...

Unless something major has happened recently, then I don't recall Kid Devil being anything more then a human matchstick. Miss Martian has no feats. Strange has ones that put him above Trigon, who is certainly above this team, for clarification. This is a team that Dr. Light took down with ease, and when there were even more titans than are in this battle. Dr. Strange 10/10

Validus
I generally agree with you Smurph but on the subject of Dr. Light, yeah, there was some jobbing going on there.

kgkg
Originally posted by Validus
Even the "depowered" Strange just went solo against the Mighty Avengers. I think it's pretty clear that Strange will just be written to the level of his opponents. Ya strange is a walking plot divice most magic users are sad

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by kgkg
Ya strange is a walking plot divice most magic users are sad

Depends how they're written.

Sam Z
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
People are making the serious mistakes here of believing that Raven = Trigon, Kid Devil = Neron and Wonder Girl = Ares...
Well, Raven kicking his butt pretty much proves it to me.
As for Dr. Light, talk about low-showings, I think every superhero team has some of those.
And do you really think that Strange could take down JLA and Titans at the same time within a second? Or for that matter take them down at all?
Trigon didn't even have to leave his dimension to do that.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Validus
I generally agree with you Smurph but on the subject of Dr. Light, yeah, there was some jobbing going on there. Yeah, I know, but it wasn't complete PIS. Obviously he shouldn't have done it with as much ease as he did, but still would have given them a run for their money. And regardless of that, Strange can take them both down, so it doesn't really matter.

Validus
Originally posted by kgkg
Ya strange is a walking plot divice most magic users are sad
Says the Silver Surfer fan. laughing out loud

Sam Z
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Own dimension > million of worlds ...

Depends on the size of the dimension. erm Besides Trigon conquered many dimensions.

SpunkySmurph
Well, Raven kicking his butt pretty much proves it to me.
As for Dr. Light, talk about low-showings, I think every superhero team has some of those.
And do you really think that Strange could take down JLA and Titans at the same time within a second? Or for that matter take them down at all?
Trigon didn't even have to leave his dimension to do that. Would you say that Spider-man = Firelord, or that Guardian = Galactus then? Since those are on panel "butt-kickings" thast have occured.

Scans? Because if Strange has the element of surprise, and Spectre isn't considered a member, then yeah... I do. no expression And Strange has taken down people that certainly could do that.

Devil Lance

laughing

no just no no

Trigon= universal destroyer
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nttbaxter02236ub.jpg

He laughs at people like Thanos

Sam Z
Would you say that Spider-man = Firelord, or that Guardian = Galactus then? Since those are on panel "butt-kickings" thast have occured.

Scans? Because if Strange has the element of surprise, and Spectre isn't considered a member, then yeah... I do. no expression And Strange has taken down people that certainly could do that.

Spider-man beating Firelord is an obvious PIS. And so is Dr. Light beating Titans. Because he doesn't have powers to do that.
Deathstroke taking down JLA would be another example of that.

But Trigon taking on JLA and Titans wouldn't because we all know he has powers to do that. And it is also true that Raven potentially can be as dangerous as Trigon himself, and she has powers to defeat him, thus it is not PIS.

As for the thread, Strange is toast.

Evil_Ash

What the f**k?

Trigon curbstomps everyone you just mentioned...

Symmetric Chaos
And it is also true that Raven potentially can be as dangerous as Trigon himself, and she has powers to defeat him.

Drax has the powers needed to defeat Thanos. Thanos is still a greater general threat.

SpunkySmurph
Spider-man beating Firelord is an obvious PIS. And so is Dr. Light beating Titans. Because he doesn't have powers to do that.
Deathstroke taking down JLA would be another example of that.

But Trigon taking on JLA and Titans wouldn't because we all know he has powers to do that. And it is also true that Raven potentially can be as dangerous as Trigon himself, and she has powers to defeat him, thus it is not PIS.

As for the thread, Strange is toast. Raven could be potentially as powerful as Trigon, but, at current times, she isn't Likewise, Juggernaut could be potentially as powerful as 8th Day Juggs... but he isn't as it stands.

So, do you believe that Raven could taken down the Titans and the JLA in a second from another dimension? Something seems a little flawed with your logic there, buddy. And, would you say that this team > Shuma Gorath in his own dimension?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Drax has the powers needed to defeat Thanos. Thanos is still a greater general threat. Oops, I missed that. Good point, as well.

King Kandy
Depends on the size of the dimension. erm Besides Trigon conquered many dimensions.
So did Dormammu.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by King Kandy
So did Dormammu.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Devil Lance
laughing

no just no no

Trigon= universal destroyer
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nttbaxter02236ub.jpg

He laughs at people like Thanos

Symmetric Chaos
Did you just compare Dormammu and Thanos?

Devil Lance
Did you just compare Dormammu and Thanos?

No roll eyes (sarcastic)

I didn't I was just saying that while Dormammu has conquered Dimensions Trigon has Destroyed Universes

Universesal destroyer > Dimensional conquerer

Sam Z
Raven could be potentially as powerful as Trigon, but, at current times, she isn't Likewise, Juggernaut could be potentially as powerful as 8th Day Juggs... but he isn't as it stands.

So, do you believe that Raven could taken down the Titans and the JLA in a second from another dimension? Something seems a little flawed with your logic there, buddy. And, would you say that this team > Shuma Gorath in his own dimension?

There's nothing flawed in my logic.
You take low showing of the team and judge by it about outcome of the fight. Strange has lots of bad showings, so?
And what makes you think that she isn't potentially as powerfull as Trigon at current times? She is, but the thing is that she never uses her powers at maximum potential because all her life she's been tought that fighting is wrong and that peace is the only right thing, but she doesn't have such problem in a vs fight on the forum. And it's also true that her best feats are more impressive than Strange's and that includes victory over Trigon.
As for Raven taking down titans and jla, can't claim anything since she never had to, but titans alone, hell yeah.
Again, I don't know much about Shuma so I can't answer your question, but Dormamu... I know that Trigon could use him as a toilet paper if he needed to.
Now, do you think Strange can take on Titans and JLA?

Symmetric Chaos
She is, but the thing is that she never uses her powers at maximum potential because all her life she's been tought that fighting is wrong and that peace is the only right thing, but she doesn't have such problem in a vs fight on the forum.

I'll let others adress your other points but this happens to be a bit off base.

Only CBR fights with nothing but powersets. The "forum bloodlust" on KMC is simply that all characters will be interested in victory (ie they will not fight for a stalemate). If Raven has been raised to fear using all of her power she will not use in here because it's outside of her normal personality.

SpunkySmurph
There's nothing flawed in my logic.
You take low showing of the team and judge by it about outcome of the fight. Strange has lots of bad showings, so?
And what makes you think that she isn't potentially as powerfull as Trigon at current times? She is, but the thing is that she never uses her powers at maximum potential because all her life she's been tought that fighting is wrong and that peace is the only right thing, but she doesn't have such problem in a vs fight on the forum. And it's also true that her best feats are more impressive than Strange's and that includes victory over Trigon.
As for Raven taking down titans and jla, can't claim anything since she never had to, but titans alone, hell yeah.
Again, I don't know much about Shuma so I can't answer your question, but Dormamu... I know that Trigon could use him as a toilet paper if he needed to.
Now, do you think Strange can take on Titans and JLA? I'm not judging it by bad showings. I'm just not hyping up their capabilities by any means. Raven's powers might be, at peak, Trigon level. But we aren't arguing her powers vs. Strange's (who would still stand a chance, FYI)

We're arguing whether SHE, not HER POWERS, can beat Strange. So she won't be Trigon level for the fight, just as Juggernaut won't be shrinking everybody and firing off blasts for his fights (his powers can do it, FYI, but bloodlusted, he still won't use them in such a manner).

And, as I asked before, do the Titans and JLA know Strange is about to attack?

Sam Z
I'll let others adress your other points but this happens to be a bit off base.

Only CBR fights with nothing but powersets. The "forum bloodlust" on KMC is simply that all characters will be interested in victory (ie they will not fight for a stalemate). If Raven has been raised to fear using all of her power she will not use in here because it's outside of her normal personality.

For some reason I always thought that "forum bloodlust" means that character goes with everything he or she has and doesn't matter if he's fighting an equel opoonent or a weaker opponent and without holding back. And personality doesn't matter here.
If we take Spider-man vs Daredevil, then it's Spider-man who doesn't pull his punches and if we take Wolverine vs Batman, then it's Wolverine who tries to cut batman's head off with every attack and not just take him down without killing him like he would've done in the books etc.

Sam Z
I'm not judging it by bad showings. I'm just not hyping up their capabilities by any means. Raven's powers might be, at peak, Trigon level. But we aren't arguing her powers vs. Strange's (who would still stand a chance, FYI)

We're arguing whether SHE, not HER POWERS, can beat Strange. So she won't be Trigon level for the fight, just as Juggernaut won't be shrinking everybody and firing off blasts for his fights (his powers can do it, FYI, but bloodlusted, he still won't use them in such a manner).

And, as I asked before, do the Titans and JLA know Strange is about to attack?
If we take her personality into concideration then probably she'd lose majority, but as I said before it doesn't work that way in a vs forum.
You can't just forbidd her using MOST of her powers just because she wouldn't have done that in the books. So it pretty much IS HER POWERS vs HIS POWERS, as well as in Spider-man vs Lady Deathstrike thread it's HIS POWERS vs HER POWERS. And going by that I say that Raven would win the majority.

And yes, Titans and JLA meet Strange into an alley and they want to kill him and he wants to kill them.

Symmetric Chaos
For some reason I always thought that "forum bloodlust" means that character goes with everything he or she has and doesn't matter if he's fighting an equel opoonent or a weaker opponent and without holding back. And personality doesn't matter here.
If we take Spider-man vs Daredevil, then it's Spider-man who doesn't pull his punches and if we take Wolverine vs Batman, then it's Wolverine who tries to cut batman's head off with every attack and not just take him down without killing him like he would've done in the books etc.

On the forum Spidey would be assume to pull his punches less (since he does have a strength advantage but isn't in the habit of making people's heads explode when he hits them).

Wolvie and people like him erm much more complicated IMO since he is agressive and violent by nature but has to hold it back to do his job as a "hero".

In the case of Raven or a person who is afraid of thier power they won't push themselves to a level that will scare them. Raven has morality and conditioned fear that holds her back from using all her power.

At least this is how I figure the rules are meant to be read. They are a bit ambiguous.

the Darkone
Strange wins everytime, dude killed himself to beat shuma-groth who is above Mephisto.

SpunkySmurph
From the rules:

Bloodlust

It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first picosecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

Sam Z
On the forum Spidey would be assume to pull his punches less (since he does have a strength advantage but isn't in the habit of making people's heads explode when he hits them).

That's exactly how I thought it works. No holding back at all. erm In this case I'll have to reconcider 50% of the things I've claimed in vs forum.
Because if Spider-man tries to hold back with DD he'd lose. He'd also lose to Batman, Wolverine, Elektra Catwoman and many MANY others I said he'd beat wothout much efforts.
And Supes would get his butt kicked by Hulk. sad

Sam Z
From the rules:

Bloodlust

It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first picosecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

But doesn't that mean that Flash is not fighting within his personality if he speedblitz everyone in a picosecond because he never does it in the books? And will not it also mean that Raven will use ALL her powers because "it is a proven fact that" she "possesses" that kind of power?

Symmetric Chaos
That's exactly how I thought it works. No holding back at all. erm In this case I'll have to reconcider 50% of the things I've claimed in vs forum.
Because if Spider-man tries to hold back with DD he'd lose. He'd also lose to Batman, Wolverine, Elektra Catwoman and many MANY others I said he'd beat wothout much efforts.
And Supes would get his butt kicked by Hulk. sad

They do hold back but only to the level that they would against an opponent like the one they're fighting.

Spidey wouldn't pull his punches against, say Sentry because he knows Sentry could take the hit. He simply won't go for a head exploding kill but he might try to end it with one good punch.

nvrbeenwthagirl
They do hold back but only to the level that they would against an opponent like the one they're fighting.

Spidey wouldn't pull his punches against, say Sentry because he knows Sentry could take the hit. He simply won't go for a head exploding kill but he might try to end it with one good punch.

Those rules seem to be broken all the time. Becuz people are always claiming what Superman would do bloodlusted and what Black Bolt would do and how many powers thor would use, when Superman rarely ever cuts lose, Black Bolt almost never screams, and Thor probably forgets all those half assed powers that writers come up with one time on a whim.

Symmetric Chaos
Those rules seem to be broken all the time.

Yep

Becuz people are always claiming what Superman would do bloodlusted and what Black Bolt would do and how many powers thor would use, when Superman rarely ever cuts lose, Black Bolt almost never screams, and Thor probably forgets all those half assed powers that writers come up with one time on a whim.

Again yep. But then again some of this depends on who they're pitted against (except the Thor thing he's probably just stupid)

Sam Z
Again yep. But then again some of this depends on who they're pitted against (except the Thor thing he's probably just stupid)

LOL In this case forget everything I said.

But I still say that we were judging powers-wise then Strange would've been toasted.

kgkg
Just? Which title are you referring to? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367940&from=thread&pagenumber=20#post8750248

some SS !

Madvillain
bump

DestinyGuy678
all jericho needs is to gain eye contact, he wouldnt be able to maintain control for long, long enough for cyborg and kid devil to launch a powerful attack against a defensless dr. strange though

Madvillain
Interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.