Classic Wonder Man vs Colossus toe to toe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
This is a pure brawl

Wonder Man- http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/w/wonderman.htm

vs

Colossus(616)- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Colossus_%28Piotr_Rasputin%29

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
This is a pure brawl

Wonder Man- http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/w/wonderman.htm

vs

Colossus(616)- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Colossus_%28Piotr_Rasputin%29

piotr

Silent Master
Wonderman

tkitna
Colossus dies everytime

golem370
anybody else.

Caps Conscience
I'm going with wonder man.....

snoopdogg
Pure Brawl? Colossus can hang. He's got better skills and durabilty imo. Two very necessary qualities in this type of match.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wonder Man wins every time. He was like truly invulnerable. Up there with Superman or Classic Juggs in real Durability and nearly as strong as Thor and Herc if not thier match. Peter would get bent.

snoopdogg
Nearly as strong at Thor? That's interesting.

carver9
Wonderman was powerful as hell.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Nearly as strong at Thor? That's interesting.

Classic Wonderman was a beast. Able to hold his own against the likes of the classic Abomination who was a beast. He was also able to hold his own against Thor when he was a villian if I am recalling right. And he was unhurtable. If I remember correctly, he had to be hurt by special means.

snoopdogg
I saw the scan of classic WM trying to lift a weight that was set for Thors workout. He could not even do 1 rep. I work out alot and if somebody jumps under the bench after I just got down doing a set and they try to do one rep(and fail) I'm not gonna say they are just as strong as me, rather I'd say they were alot weaker than I am.

carver9
He was nearly as strong as thor but not stronger but he was giving thor a good fight. He was invulnerable and had great speed. It was established that he was made off of superman. Cant you tell. Hes just a weaker version.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I saw the scan of classic WM trying to lift a weight that was set for Thors workout. He could not even do 1 rep. I work out alot and if somebody jumps under the bench after I just got down doing a set and they try to do one rep(and fail) I'm not gonna say they are just as strong as me, rather I'd say they were alot weaker than I am.

Maybe WM wasn't at tip top shape. He sure as hell went blow for blow with the abomination. Who at the time was a match for The HULK. and HULK has ALWAYS been stronger than Thor.

Hannibal-Lector
From wut i read Colossus seems stronger

tkitna
Classic Wonder Man is stronger and faster than Colossus. Seems like an easy decision to me.

snoopdogg
Simons only clear advantage is flight. Which he does not have here. Colossus has fought guys like Juggernaut and Gladiator in a slugfest situation. And he's grown stronger since then also.

Newjak
Yeah don't overlook Colossus in strength he isn't in Thor or Herc's league but then again Wonder Man really isn't either erm

Photon009
Wonder Man wins pretty easily. He was just a hair below Thor and Herc in strength, and probably even more durable than them. He once even fought Thor and was winning for 3/4 of the fight until Thor hit him with a very powerful charged Mjolnir shot (like the JLA/Avengers shot he hit Superman with at the end of the issue). Wondy also stalemated the Professor Hulk, beaten the Abomination, easily tore through Kree ships (Avengers Assembled), has Scarlet Witch drop a whole side of a canyon on him and was fine, etc. Wondy is stronger, more durable, more versatile with flight, faster, and a better skilled fighter. Wondy takes a solid majority.

Hercules

That was during the Korvac saga, I have the trade paperback, hes showing off to Ms Marvel when hes giving her the tour of the Mansion.

The weight is on the floor Ms Marvel tries to lift it and can't budge it and he says its set to Thors level, he says "and as you will see"

And tries to lift it, can't press it out, drops it and says "I'm not quite Thor!"

Wonderman has always been under Thor in strength but he has got stronger as he gone on, so really when you say "Classic" Wonderman, how far back are you saying we go?

Are you saying pre ionic form is classic? cause in his solo run in the 90's he hadn't got an ionic form and he was taking it to Prof Hulk, Ankor, Goliath and other class 100's and they were even leaving it in the air to who was stronger Hulk or Wonderman. (although thats hyperbole imo but still shows an increase in strength)

Hes was also shown to have superhuman running speed so is arguably faster than Colossus.

Current Colossus is obviously a lot stronger than he started out and durablity wise I would say on a par with Wonderman.

This is a close fight imo, very close, Wonderman has a speed edge but there is not much in it either way on strength, Classic Wonderman however sucked hand to hand!

Capt had to teach him some moves in his mini cause he was a slugger and relied on his strength, Peter may well have and edge in fighting ability.

I would need some more clarification on the term "classic" before I made my descision cause I think its pretty close.

llagrok
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Classic Wonderman was a beast. Able to hold his own against the likes of the classic Abomination who was a beast. He was also able to hold his own against Thor when he was a villian if I am recalling right. And he was unhurtable. If I remember correctly, he had to be hurt by special means.

Colossus can press up to 100 tons, Wonder Man can't.

Hercules
Originally posted by llagrok
Colossus can press up to 100 tons, Wonder Man can't.

Yes he can.

His bio used to state 95 tons but his strength has increased since then, another reason why I asked to for a clarification on the term "classic" pre Ionic form he was performing class 100 strength feats.

Supporting Avengers Island and stopping it from toppling into the sea being one he performed in Avengers #303 or 304 (hazy on the issue number) back in 89/90.

llagrok
We're going by the bio, which states that he's class 100.

Colossus has more skill anyways.

Hercules
Since when do we debate by bio's on KMC??

llagrok
Originally posted by Hercules
Since when do we debate by bio's on KMC??

Since today!

It's possible that Wonder man has a strength advantage, but it's so incredibly slight you wouldn't notice it.

Colossus has great skill smile

Hercules
Originally posted by llagrok
Since today!

It's possible that Wonder man has a strength advantage, but it's so incredibly slight you wouldn't notice it.

Colossus has great skill smile

Thats basicaly what I said in my first post on the thread. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.