Something lost/ Something gained

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
I have noticed that since I came to this forum, I have been enlightened by certain characters but turned off by others.

What characters have you grown to respect since you joined this forum and which have you started to dislike since you joined?

Redatom65
I've found more respect in "The Authority" and absoloutly lost all respect for the Hulk

Grimm22
I've lost a lot of respect for Wolverine

Nearly all respect for Storm and Hulk

Lost a bit of respect for Batman

But, gained respect for..

- Spider-Man

- Alpha Flight

- Superman

- Shazam

- Silver Surfer

- Darksied

- Colossus

- Iceman

- ect..

Endless Mike
Gained respect for the High Evolutionary

Lost respect for the Pre - Retcon Beyonder and the Amalgam Brothers

nvrbeenwthagirl
Gained Respect for Genis Vell and Thor

Lost Respec for Silver Surfer, Superman, Flash, Iceman, The Beyonder, and Apoc. Didn't know he was the jobber that he is portrayed to be on this board. I always thought of him as Thanos Lite till this board.

Blair Wind
Gained?

Most definitely Green Lantern(s), Batman (and his family), and the Flash.

Lost?

Wolverine

Dinalfos
I don't lose respect, because that would be pathetic. You guys simply aren't that influential.

As for gain? Meh, don't know.

Rick/Genis
I gained a ton of respect for Namor SPECIFICALLY due to Darkcrawlers enlightenment.

I guess I lost a tiny bit of respect for Wolverine.... it's not easy for me to LOSE respect for a character because other people love said character so much or hate said character so much.

Mindship
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I gained a ton of respect for Namor SPECIFICALLY due to Darkcrawlers enlightenment. Ditto.

My understanding/appreciation for Wonder Woman has also gone up.

Nataku8188
I used to love Wolverine.

It's amazing how much of a turn off it is to see how badly some people misrepresent characters.

Priest
before KMC wolverine was one of my favorite characters, deffinaty in my top 5, but as of late he's not in my top 10 anymore so i guess i lost somewhat respect from him.
Muties in general i lost a ton of respect for tho.
i did gain respect for Flash and Doom.

marvelprince
Eh, I've always loved Wolverine. If anything KMC just encouraged me to read more about him.

I have gained respect for Iceman (thanks Blair), Namor (DC) and Wonder Woman (Draco).

starlock
Respect earned..
Darkseid
Captain Comet
Apocalypse
LT
Spectre
Iceman
wonderwoman
Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Mxy

Respect lost
Genis Vell
Superman
Mad Jim Jaspers
Scarlet Witch-HOM
Flash
Roma
Merlyn
Captain Britan

Rick/Genis
Why did you lose respect for Genis-Velle? He gets nothing but respect on this forum (Save arguments as to whether or not he was the one that smited eternity).

Galan007
Lost Respect for:

Beyonder (from SW II)
Phoenix
Hulk
Wolvie

Gained respect for:

GL's
Flash
Namor
Alpha Flight

WorldWarHulk
Lost:
I have lost respect for Hulk
All of my respect is gone for Storm
Apoc
Beyonder (does it count, if you just lost respect for the character, after you learned about him?)
The Brothers
My Superman respect level goes up and down
Phoenix
Darkseid (one source in particular)
Spawn (yes Spawn, sue me)
Iceman
Mxy
Godwave
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Image God
Urizen
Nvr

Gained:
Thanos
Doom
Batman
Namor
Captain Britain
Surfer
Galactus (well, I found that out on my own, since the board didn't help one bit, so I'm putting it here, anyway)
Batman
Spectre
Lucifer
Black Adam
Batman
Black Panther
Cap America
Thor
Captain Marvel
Batman

Rick/Genis
How often to people talk about Image's god on here enough to gain or lose respect confused

Evil_Ash
Lost:
Hulk
Storm
Superman
Wolverine
Phoenix

Gained:
Galactus
Thanos
Darkseid
High Evolutionary
Apocalypse
Dr. Doom
Batman

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
How often to people talk about Image's god on here enough to gain or lose respect confused Enough.

Validus
I can understand the gain aspect in cases like Namor and Alpha Flight since most of us didn't know anything about them but I'm not seeing how a few fanboys can make you lose respect for a character.

UniOmni
True enough.

I don't dislike Darkseid at all, but i hold no more illusions about him either.

outavodka
I must say the only characters i truly gained respect for is Alpha Flight. they were always soso to me but goddamn lookem up!!! Their nothn to mess around with.

Redatom65
everyone except Validus and Soljer gained respect for Captain Atom I assume.

I don know in general I gained alot of respect for WSU characters since I came here. Hawksmoore's my favorite authority character now. Also thanks to Mungi, I've gained more respect for Guardian, a character I didn't know to much about

Estacado
Lost:
Phoenix
Wolverine
Hulk
Juggernaut
Superman
Storm
Spawn

Gained:
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Genis-Vell
GLS
Galactus
Ion
Parallax
Martian Manuhunter
Orion
Spectre
Imperiex
Namor
and a lot more......

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Validus
I can understand the gain aspect in cases like Namor and Alpha Flight since most of us didn't know anything about them but I'm not seeing how a few fanboys can make you lose respect for a character.

I agree completely. If all it takes is a few ignorant people to make you dislike a character more... obviously you didn't have much devotion to said character in the beginning.

I like Hulk

Xmeat likes Hulk

Does that mean I should like Hulk Less? (Though technically Xmeat likes someone named Huc so maybe I'm a bit off)

Frankly, it's a bit pathetic that people are going to lose faith in art/writers/characters all because people on a message board misrepresent something written.

Ethereal
Lost some respect for phoenix, apoc, superman, thing, iron man, some eternals, rhino, terrax, human torch, fanboys to many characters

No change: spiderman, wolverine, hulk, firelord, all celestials, galactus, thanos, thor, orion, darkseid, dr fate, quasar, iron fist

Gained: odin, beta ray bill, capt atom, dr strange, genis, iceman, deadpool, wonder woman, various alpha flight, blackbolt, high evolutionary, bats, nova, adam warlock, flash,

all off the top righ now.

starlock
ok about genis vell (just one instance)i stoped collecting it(captain mar vell) after 5 or 6 issues, much later here on the boards i see all these wild claims and way over the top stuff,scans and power feats so i am like wow i should respect him more,when i look into it its one person misleading scans and alot of people blindly agreeing with it

So my respect for him was lost,nothing pathetic about it,well maybe to some

Validus
Originally posted by starlock
ok about genis vell (just one instance)i stoped collecting it(captain mar vell) after 5 or 6 issues, much later here on the boards i see all these wild claims and way over the top stuff,scans and power feats so i am like wow i should respect him more,when i look into it its one person misleading scans and alot of people blindly agreeing with it

So my respect for him was lost,nothing pathetic about it,well maybe to some
It's not pathetic, just illogical. Why wouldn't you lose respect for the person misrepresenting scans instead of the character?

Rick/Genis
I guess I was a bit harsh saying pathetic... but yes... Illogical is the right word.

capt it up
I have gainded respect for alpha flight, namor.

Loss respect for? I have not really lost respect for any one. Spiderman sorta only due to how some few him. So realy I only lose respect for him in some debates, but then once th debates over I gain the respect back.

starlock
It's not pathetic, just illogical. Why wouldn't you lose respect for the person misrepresenting scans instead of the character?

Hey there
I never had respect for the poster,which is why i looked into it

I quit the comic,then i saw the misleading scans,at the time my respect grew for the charcater(when i thought it was true),when i found out it was bogus,my respect was lost again for the character

Not that i dont like any of the characters i put in the loss of respect area
maybe i should have said a i lost a little respect for what they can do

King_Mungi
Gained: *points to sig*, didn't know much about these characters when I came here. Also Namor, Authroity and various others get the nod.

Lost: N/A

Martian_mind
http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/113448/village_people/Vilage%20People%20-%20Macho%20men

Big Sexy
I can understand the gain aspect in cases like Namor and Alpha Flight since most of us didn't know anything about them but I'm not seeing how a few fanboys can make you lose respect for a character. It does not really have to do with fanboys but with current knowledge. Have you ever liked a character but the more you learned about him the more you disliked him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.