Baseball and Steroids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chithappens
I got some weird ideas on the entire thing. I'm just curious about what people think about it: how it got into the game, why people kept it so hush hush, and why Barry Bond is taking the blow for two full decades where steroids were common place.

And I know this is a Sports thing but at the same time it is a social thing. That's why it is not in the Sports forum.

Just steroids also. Do you anyone who use them?

BobbyD
Originally posted by chithappens
I got some weird ideas on the entire thing. I'm just curious about what people think about it: how it got into the game, why people kept it so hush hush, and why Barry Bond is taking the blow for two full decades where steroids were common place.

And I know this is a Sports thing but at the same time it is a social thing. That's why it is not in the Sports forum.

Just steroids also. Do you anyone who use them?

I can say this much: I have my conversation already planned for what I'm going to say to my unborn (hopefully) son.

chithappens
Well I mean would you tell him not to take supplements that are ok under rules?

Do you draw your line @ anything artificial or if it is under rules do you think this is ok (not just baseball but even wrestling, for example)?

BobbyD

Do you draw your line @ anything artificial or if it is under rules do you think this is ok (not just baseball but even wrestling, for example)?

Interesting, questions Chit...

But, we're on different wavelengths.

First off, my son would have to be remotely GOOD in athtletics for the topic to ever come up anyhow-and by good, I mean good enough that he'd be on the verge of becoming a professional athlete, where it's questionable-as in not knowing one way or the other for sure.

If he were, it'd go something along the lines of:

Son, lemme tell you about steriods.....

This is what they do to your body; and this is what it can do to your performance.

You are your own man. I'd really like it if you didn't take them. But, if you do, understand they are illegal, and these are the consequences if get caught a), b), c), etc, etc. no expression

Lastly, mad if you do get caught, don't drag me down with you! If you ruin your name, it's your name-not mine! Got it?!? mad

Are we cool? confused Do we understand each other?! mad

(hopefully he responds) Good.

(me) This topic is over. big grin

chithappens
That's kinda funny. I just wonder why it even got to this point where every sport has a suspension every other week.

Did I miss something in the last decade?

BobbyD

I be'd okay with him taking LEGAL performance enhancing drugs of any kind, regardless of sport.

ADarksideJedi
Alot of people on sports does.It should really be base on talent not drugs so to get better at it.JM

mr.smiley
I read something interesting on steroids being used in MMA(Mixed martial arts like ufc)

In japan they don't test for steroids,bur and some fighters were using steroids .However,the people at pride said steroids aren't realy that big of a deal in their country.I think it has a lot to do with american culture and the abuse of substances.Take beer for example.Americans drink beer less responsibly than probably any other country even though we have harsher laws on alchohol.

BobbyD
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I read something interesting on steroids being used in MMA(Mixed martial arts like ufc)

In japan they don't test for steroids,bur and some fighters were using steroids .However,the people at pride said steroids aren't realy that big of a deal in their country.I think it has a lot to do with american culture and the abuse of substances.Take beer for example.Americans drink beer less responsibly than probably any other country even though we have harsher laws on alchohol.

Good point. The hypocrisy sometimes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.