Emotionalism vs. Intellectualism in the black community

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
I think that emotions are good, and can have a healthy rewarding benefit in our overall being as individuals and as a group or society. When handling personal crisis, it's always good to check our emotions and analyze the problems, critic it and then, re-access the matter. The problem I see in the black community is that the intellectuals (reporters/media, authors, educators, etc.) seem to reward emotionalism when solving "race" issues in this country. Now mind you, emotionalism on a negative side would handle conflicts in a destructive manner or outlook.

Do you think that the black leaders are divided into emotionalised and intellectuals?

Do you think that the intellectuals should or shouldn't facilitate the emotions of some segments of the black community?

Emotions are related to the ego structure, and interfacing with the ego can be both constructive and destructive, so it's always a matter of carefully crafting your words when dealing with people who tend to favor the emotional aspect of things. What do you think?

Atlantis001
People reward emotionalism because its easier to use that to manipulate people.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Atlantis001
People reward emotionalism because its easier to use that to manipulate people.

i'm not talking about black issues anymore, sorry i started this thread.

after the Imus incident, they said they wanted more dialogue, but will punish people for talking, so, i am censuring myself.

chithappens
Interesting topic but you calling most black people ******* is not permissible. You feel restricted because you can not say it but yet you restrict yourself when you say it because people can not see past the word you keep using as a generalization.

I actually agree with some of what you say, though I think it is very extreme in tone.

PickItCity
She's having a lot of trouble not saying 'niggerism' LOL. but I agree this is an interesting topic.

Dreamt
Political Correctness can go suck a ****.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.