Byakugen vs. Sharingan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burnt Pancakes
Which one do you think is superior? I heard somewhere that the Sharingan was actually a descendant of the Byakugen, which would be cool.

Anyway, I think that in the short run and in terms of practicality, the Byakugen is better because of its abilities. It grants the user 360 degree vision, can see people's Chakra, and grants the user the ability to see through objects and much farther the average eye can see. However the Byakugen does not give the user any Gengitsu, though it enables the suer to utilize arguably thee best H2H fighting form in the manga, the Gentle Fist style.

The Sharingan has virtually no short term capabilities other then it's ability to make people move slower to the user. However as Rock Lee proved the Sharingans ability to make things look slow is useless if the user's body can not keep up.

THe Sharingan is definitely more important in the long run because it gives the user the ability to memorize and copy an opponents Jutsu's. It also grants the user Gengitsu powers, when the Mangekyo Sharingan is activated.

I prefer the Byakugen personally.

Darth Macabre
Byakugen, easily. I'm one of those people that would rather focus on a few techniques than learn a thousand.

Hidden Lotus
yeah me too.

i think it looks cooler too

King Kandy
Sharingan...

Seriously, it provides the Mangekyo Sharingan which gives you:

The Strongest Ninjutsu (Amaterasu)

The strongest Genjutsu (Tsukiyomi)

And possibly (Just speculation at this point), the strongest Taijutsu.

How can you refuse?

Kento
I think Byakugen gives the best Taijustu abilities. And the Sharigan would be completely useless once the Sharigan user is hit to block all their chakra flow. That's something the Sharigan user could never accomplish. As for Genjutsu can't Byakugen see through it? I don't remember if thats said or not.

Kuchiki
Wasn't it mentioned by Kakashi that the Byakugen was superior?

Haruhi
Byakugan. It lets you see through peoples clothings. It's obvious that irl, Sharingan really isn't all it's cracked up to be

Hidden Lotus
Originally posted by Haruhi
Byakugan. It lets you see through peoples clothings. It's obvious that irl, Sharingan really isn't all it's cracked up to be

the main point

"it let's you see through people's clothing"
very nice

LORDSIDIOUS01
Where is this from?

animewatcher13
Sharingan lets the user see through most genjutsu and helps see things that the Byakugen cant

Byakugen lets the user see farther distances and through things and the chakra vessels or veins

both good at what they are meant for

animewatcher13
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Where is this from?

this is off of naruto...........why dont u know that?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Kento
I think Byakugen gives the best Taijustu abilities. And the Sharigan would be completely useless once the Sharigan user is hit to block all their chakra flow. That's something the Sharigan user could never accomplish. As for Genjutsu can't Byakugen see through it? I don't remember if thats said or not.
It can probably see through low level ones.

But it's sure as hell not escaping from Tsukiyomi.

And Amaterasu burns hotter then the core of the sun! It activates as fast as the eye can perceive the target. The result will be instant death.

Kento
Originally posted by King Kandy
It can probably see through low level ones.

But it's sure as hell not escaping from Tsukiyomi.

And Amaterasu burns hotter then the core of the sun! It activates as fast as the eye can perceive the target. The result will be instant death.

Except Sharigan needs eye contact to work mostly because it's a genjutsu thing. Byakugen doesn't need eye contact to work at all.

Amaterasu and Kakashi's attack are the only things that work without eye contact and yes are pretty powerful attacks but they also work against the user because it takes a lot of chakra.

Besides the Amaterasu and Kakashi's attack I don't find Sharigan as good as Byakugen but that's just my own person opinion anyways. I dunno just what Neiji can do with his Byakugen seems cooler then what Sasuke or Itachi can do with their Sharigan for the most part.

King Kandy
All I'm saying is that if a Mangekyo Sharingan User and a Byakugen user of equal skill fought, the Mangekyo Sharingan user would win.

Because the instant the fight starts, He uses a super attack (The other guy has no means of avoiding this) and the other guy is either Vaporized or warped through a hole in the space-time continuum.

Emperor Ashtar
Byakugen

Symmetric Chaos
I would prefer the Byakugen in daily life but for purposes of combat I would go with the Sharingan.

Kento
All I'm saying is that if a Mangekyo Sharingan User and a Byakugen user of equal skill fought, the Mangekyo Sharingan user would win.

Because the instant the fight starts, He uses a super attack (The other guy has no means of avoiding this) and the other guy is either Vaporized or warped through a hole in the space-time continuum.

Well depends. It seems as if Mangekyo Sharigan users have different ninjitsu attacks with them. Itachi has Amaterasu while Kakashi has that whole sending things to different dimension which he has to aim with. So just because Itachi has the Amaterasu doesn't mean any other Sharigan user would yet all Byakugen users can see the chakra points and can see all around them except that tiny blind spot and do the same fighting style.

Who's to say when Sasuke gets his Mangekyo Sharigan that he has a different ninjutsu attack with his. Who's also to say if Sasuke could learn Amaterasu or Kakashi's attack or if Kakashi could learn Amaterasu so it may be possible that all Mangekyo Sharigan users can learn it.

leonheartmm
SHARINGAN all the way. initially it looked like they were equal but the shaaringan has shown to be SO much more than the byaakugen. ill make two list of both the pros of byaakugen and shaaringan.

BYAKUGEN:
360 degree vision in close combat
ability to zoom in on far away objects
ability to see incredible detail/movement
ability to see chakra and chakra circulatory system
ability to see the zentetsku{the chakra pores}
ability to see through most non magical solid objects
ability to see through most mid level genjutsus

thats IT. the jyuuken{gentle fist} is a martial arts style DEVELOPED by the hyuugas to compliment their byaakugen. its NOT an ability the byaakugen bestowes on the USER, thas a common misconception. it has to be mastered and any1 can do it but it wudnt be of much use without the byaakugen's complementary doujutsu.{for instance without seeing chakra pores with the byaakugen, u cant really disable them with ur own chakra. also the chakra control and release has to be mastered just like any other taijutsu and the byaakugen doesnt compliment in that. also remember that all the abilities to do with the byaakugen depend hugely on your MASTERY with the byaakugen. some might not even surface if ur not a master at it. and furthermore just like the shaaringan if ur not fast enough u cant do anything even if u see it. thas why neiji creates a constant force field of chakra around himself in the fight against that spidey guy.

SHAARINGAN:

gives one ability to copy any technique seen{sasuke right now can even copy a technique that an opponent has never used HIMSELF but has the ability to use in the future}
gives one the ability of hypnosis on eye contact having nothing to do with genjutsu
gives one the ability to execute the same attack as an opponent or same move as an opponent simultaneously
gives the ability of extreme insight, letting one see through solid object, focusing on far away objects, small objects etc.
gives the ability to see chakra, types of chakra, chakra circulatory system and high levels like sasuke can possibly even see chakra pores
gives user enhanced reaction speed by showing the movement of an enemy before it takes place like precognition{this was proved in the fight between sasuke and naruto before his defection and zabuza was proved wrong , the shaaringan really CAN see in the future}
gives enhances physical and perceptual powers to user, as thethird level shaaringan when it appeared on sasuke made sasuke say, my body feals like its been taken over again by the first level cursed seal{and the cursed seal is no joke} also he was able to take on naruto/kyuubi chakra which he cudnt before
ability to see through almost any genjutsu{this ability is much greater overal than any byaakugen } except the most power ones as of yet
ability to see any taijutsu and ninjutsu.
telepathy. ability to enter into the soul of an opponent as sasuke did against naruto and the KYUUBI inside him.
body activation to create huge amounts of chakra{the reason why only kakashi and sasuke can use the CHIDORI}
ability to cast genjutu just by looking at an opponent even if they have their eyes closed
ability to cast genjutsu counters on even high level genjutsus
ability to gain an extreme form of form manipulation chakra fashioning it into extremely long and concentrated rays or weapons{which itachi used to cut off urochimaru's hand and sasuke used to pierce through his hands and soul}
ability to nullify jutsu's and pierce through them on the level of the opponent's soul{like how sasuke nullified urochimaru's immortality jutso and gained control of his body.
ability to destroy dimension themselves{mystical personal ones} through sheer will as sasuke did when urochimaru tried to take him over.
gives high level chosen users CURSED chakra which even the kyuubi noted was more cursed than its own{in the case of sasuke}
potential abillity to gain the mangekyo shaaringan which boosts all the stated powers of shaaringan many times
ability to cast the most powerful undispellable genjutsu tsukiyomi which makes a second for the victim pass in many days in which the user can do anything to the victim inside their mind/soul and telepathically force them to recall their most horrible memories or torture them, without their bodies knowing the difference
ability to cast the strongest fire jutsu amaterasu{black flames hotter than the sun that can burn throuhg anything and keep burning for a week or so}
ability to warp dimenions and displace any reasonable amount of space and matter intantly destroying or cutting the strongest objects
possible ability to perform unknown jutsu amaterasu
{shaaringan has been able to use the power of atleast two master gods, sun goddes amaterasu. moon goddes tsukiyomi, from the mikado trinity. it is hypotentically a power of the gods or from the gods}
gives user natural affinity for fire and sometimes lightening elements.

the kyuubi itself stated that uchiha madara might have been more powerful{definately had more cursed/sinister} chakra than its own and sasuke proved it by forcing the kyuubi back in the seal.

all the above abilities are a direct consequence of the shaaringan unlike the relation between byaakugen and jyuuken. they also depend largely on the users own ability to use the shaaringan and which level he/she uses.

King Kandy
Well depends. It seems as if Mangekyo Sharigan users have different ninjitsu attacks with them. Itachi has Amaterasu while Kakashi has that whole sending things to different dimension which he has to aim with. So just because Itachi has the Amaterasu doesn't mean any other Sharigan user would yet all Byakugen users can see the chakra points and can see all around them except that tiny blind spot and do the same fighting style.

Who's to say when Sasuke gets his Mangekyo Sharigan that he has a different ninjutsu attack with his. Who's also to say if Sasuke could learn Amaterasu or Kakashi's attack or if Kakashi could learn Amaterasu so it may be possible that all Mangekyo Sharigan users can learn it.
I always thought that The dimension warp was a technique that Itachi had and just hasn't used.

Janus X
Sharingan no contest.

Kento
I always thought that The dimension warp was a technique that Itachi had and just hasn't used. Why would he have it? Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharigan is different then Itachi's that's why I think they have different abilities, and obviously unless Sasuke gets a new best friend he isn't going to obtain the same sharigan as Itachi and who knows he may obtain a different one then Kakashi.

King Kandy
Why would he have it? Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharigan is different then Itachi's that's why I think they have different abilities, and obviously unless Sasuke gets a new best friend he isn't going to obtain the same sharigan as Itachi and who knows he may obtain a different one then Kakashi.
Itachi's LOOKS different, we have no idea how different it is in ability, though.

Besides, Kakashi's Sharingan could be different by virtue of the fact it transformed in a non-uchiha body.

Kento
True it could but that still doesn't mean that Itachi can do Kakashi's attack simply because he has a sharigan nor does it mean Kakashi can do Amaterasu. And Sasuke trying to get his own Mangekyo Sharigan his own way more then likely won't know the same attacks either.

King Kandy
True it could but that still doesn't mean that Itachi can do Kakashi's attack simply because he has a sharigan nor does it mean Kakashi can do Amaterasu. And Sasuke trying to get his own Mangekyo Sharigan his own way more then likely won't know the same attacks either.
...Though surely you admit that either of them could defeat any Hyuuga.

Kento
Neiji or Hinata sure Neiji's father maybe Itachi and Sasuke but Kakashi...it could be either way

King Kandy
Bullshit. The fight would go something like this.

Byakugen user powers up Byakugen

Sharingan user switches to Mangekyo Sharingan.

Byakugan user is instantly a smear of vaporized carbon, or i n another dimension.

Kento
Kakashi has to aim to use his attack and he's not good at it yet. And I meant Hinata's father could beat Kakashi seeing as how Neiji's father is dead. Plus Kakashi would have to concentrate to do it and like a Hyuuga would Kakashi do that. But it would have to be somebody skilled enough to hit Kakashi and the Hyuuga leader would be. And he'd be able to cancel out the sharigan by cutting off the chakra.

Hinata's father has a shot at beating Kakashi. Sasuke even without Mangekyo Sharigan I doubt would be beaten by him because of his cursed seal and how powerful he has become. Itachi's amaterasu probably has better control then Kakashi's attack and that would win intanstly. Kakashi's the weakest of the Sharigan users.

King Kandy
Bullshit. Modern Kakashi takes out Akatsuki members like nothing. Hinata's father would be a joke to him.

Even if Kakashi has to aim, he does have other techniques he can use to lay him down before he can get away. I'd go so far as to say Kakashi could beat him without the Mangekyo Sharingan. Kakashi can kill him in so many ways it's not even funny.

Sasuke can take him out in under thirty seconds.

Itachi can do it instantly.

The fact that there are at least two Sharingan users that can play cat and mouse with the best Byakugen users should tell you which one is superior.

Kento
I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that one of those two Uchiha's are a main character and the other is in a powerful, evil organization while Hyuuga's strongest isn't in it at all, and the second strongest is more of a secondary character.

And yes that doesn't change the fact that Sasuke and Itachi are still way stronger then Neiji, Hinata, or the head of the Hyuuga I know but if Neiji or Hinata were more main characters they would probably be shown to be strong also.

grey fox
Each are different yet similar.

The choice (at least from my Point of View) all relies upon patience.

If you want the quick way to be uber , then pick Byakugen. Most of it's abilities are given straight anyway and little training is necessary to upgrade it.

Sharigan on the other hand requires a hell of a lot of patience, you need to get into actual combat and observe the techniques to memorise them , you need enough Chakra TO utilise them ( Ever wonder why Sasuke never tried to copy the shadow clone technique ? Cha-ching we have an answer ! ) and to upgrade it you have to go through a large amount of hassle.

King Kandy
I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that one of those two Uchiha's are a main character and the other is in a powerful, evil organization while Hyuuga's strongest isn't in it at all, and the second strongest is more of a secondary character.

And yes that doesn't change the fact that Sasuke and Itachi are still way stronger then Neiji, Hinata, or the head of the Hyuuga I know but if Neiji or Hinata were more main characters they would probably be shown to be strong also.
Well, if It's more powerful in the Manga, then it's more powerful period. The manga IS the place where it's from, after all. To say otherwise would be pure falsehood.

If it's theoretically more powerful, and it's always shown to be more powerful in combat, how the hell can you consider it less powerful?

Kento
Well, if It's more powerful in the Manga, then it's more powerful period. The manga IS the place where it's from, after all. To say otherwise would be pure falsehood.

If it's theoretically more powerful, and it's always shown to be more powerful in combat, how the hell can you consider it less powerful?

Yes the Sharigan seems more powerful but I'd still rather have the Byakugan. The Sharigan can copy techniques, see through illusions, and cause genjutsu but each of those techniques don't rely on being a good fighter and have been beaten before. Byakugan while you can see nearly everywhere around you, see chakra points to disable the opponent involves actually being a better fighter to utilize it that's why I like it more.

I'm not saying Sharigan users aren't good fighters either I'm just saying the Sharigan techniques don't involve being a good fighter nor much effort except chakra while Byakugan's seeing chakra points are pointless if you can't hit them, and if you can see behind you if you aren't fast enough to dodge a person or whatever it about to hit you it's still useless unless you're scouting.

King Kandy
Fact is, in battle a Sharingan user can do everything a Byakugen user can do, and more.

leonheartmm
except for 360 degree vision the shaaringan can do everything the byaakugen can and better{except seeing fine detail which can be overcome by getting a higher level sharingan} and much much more."as i explained before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.