Obi Wan Kenobi versus Kas'im

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Fight on.

Rakatan temple.
Both of them are at their respective peaks.

Darth_Glentract
I'd give this to Kas'im. He's definately the superior sword fighter.

Darth Sexy
Kas'im makes him his *****

vader11
Which Kenobi is this?
But I think I will go for Kas'im...

darthsith19
Kas'im, if it's ROTS Kenobi then Kas'im is a slightly better swordfighter, and is a bitstronger with the Force, so, yeah, nothing stopping Kas'im from taking out Kenobi just like Dooku did in ROTS.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Obi-Wan finds a way to win.

Burnt Pancakes
Kas'im wins, though he is hard pressed to do it.

And I stick to my decision that Obi-Wan is not nearly as weak in the force as people say he is.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
Kas'im wins, though he is hard pressed to do it.

And I stick to my decision that Obi-Wan is not nearly as weak in the force as people say he is.

I don't think Obi-Wan is weak in the force.

Darth Subjekt
and ob1 doesn't win either

jollyjim311
In all honesty I don't see Kas'im getting through Kenobi's defences. Dooku didn't, and Greivous, who has Kas'im beat in speed and strength, got demolished for trying.

I just can't imagine Kas'im, for all his offensive capabilities, being able to hammer his way through Kenobi's defences.

My prediction would be that Kas'im swings himself into fatigue (after a long time), and eventually makes a mistake that would cost him his life.

Count Makashi
Doku would eventually get trough Kenobis defence, in the novel he just realized that Kenobi was faking with Ataru and just switched to Soresu, eventually Dooku would win against Kenobi.

Burnt Pancakes
We don't know that.

EDIT: And am I the only person who finds it ridiculous that Obi-Wan is considered weak in the force despite the fact that he stalemated Anakin "I shatter roof tops when I yell" Skywalker in a force match? Thats like saying Yoda is weak in the force because he was caught off-gaurd by Sideous when he used Lightning.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by jollyjim311
In all honesty I don't see Kas'im getting through Kenobi's defences. Dooku didn't, and Greivous, who has Kas'im beat in speed and strength, got demolished for trying.

I just can't imagine Kas'im, for all his offensive capabilities, being able to hammer his way through Kenobi's defences.

My prediction would be that Kas'im swings himself into fatigue (after a long time), and eventually makes a mistake that would cost him his life.

Oh! Wise one speak the truth.

Gideon
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Doku would eventually get trough Kenobis defence, in the novel he just realized that Kenobi was faking with Ataru and just switched to Soresu, eventually Dooku would win against Kenobi.

You are amazing. You turn a thread entitled "Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Kas'im" into an argument about Dooku vs. Obi-Wan. Get real. Dooku would obviously win a lightsaber duel, but it would be incredibly difficult, because Obi-Wan's defenses > Dooku's own.

Count Makashi
O yeah, i am the only person that has done that on this forum and i just replied what Jollyjim said and like you never done that.

jollyjim311

I made sure to avoid saying Dooku couldn't so that we wouldn't get sidetracked on this exact argument.

Count Makashi
Ok, lets move on.

zephiel7
Grievous was a cyborg, he couldn't precog movements so he had to fall back on robotic speed. There's a difference between just wildly flailing lightsabers at high speeds and actually using precision and foresight to guide a lightsaber towards an enemies weak points. Admittedly, Soresu helps nullify many weak points, but they are still present.

Kas'im wins. He had enough power to block a "wave of force energy" that exploded solid rock and shattered an entire temple's worth of material. If he decided to use that power offensively, I am not seeing how Kenobi can deflect his attacks. That combined with his mastery of all forms of lightsaber combat and decades of honing his skills, I think he'll be able to overcome Obi Wan's Soresu.

Gideon
Tell me something, Zephiel: why make this thread? Kas'im is proven to be ahead of Obi-Wan in both Force prowess and overall saber skills. He might not have mastered Soresu to the degree that Obi-Wan has, but he has a tight control over all of the other forms.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Gideon
Tell me something, Zephiel: why make this thread? Kas'im is proven to be ahead of Obi-Wan in both Force prowess and overall saber skills. He might not have mastered Soresu to the degree that Obi-Wan has, but he has a tight control over all of the other forms.

Because I wanted to see what arguments could be made for Kenobi, I'm genuinely curious. I don't think Kas'im is even leagues above Kenobi. With regards to saber skills, that's debateable.

((The_Anomaly))

I agree with this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.