A Droideka Runs The Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain Bob
A curious idea I had, to gauge the abilities of our favorite spinning battle droids.

The droideka gets full repairs and recharge time in between every battle, for as long as may be necessary. This is the original model, as seen in TPM aboard the Trade Federation's starships.

How far will it get?

Captain Bob
The Imperial Guards being after the Tusken Raiders is a bit odd, but I figured that they're well-trained, and may have specialized equipment.

I'd gauge, from the fear that the Jedi seem to have of droidekas in TPM, that they're pretty well-protected. As we haven't seen a lightsaber blade come up against their shielding, we can't guess at the exact damage it would do, but we can guess it would be minimal, as no Jedi has yet tried to attack it with one.

I'd bet on the Droideka breezing through the first three, being put to the test in the fourth, and finally falling at Jango. He has a variety of weapons for a variety of situations, and his high mobility increases the difficulty the Droideka will have in aiming. If the Droideka catches him with his guard down and manages to kill him, it may or may not be defeated by the Tuskens -- it depends on if their rifles can get it or not. If it gets past that, the Guards will definitely overwhelm it, with their unsurpassed skills and good weaponry.

vader11
I doubt it can go through TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Captain Bob
Which is why, no doubt, he ran for his life when only two of them confronted him and his master.

vader11
I didn't say it can't, but it is quite hard for it to beat Obiwan.

Darth_Glentract
I don't see Obi-wan losing to one. Yes, he did run from one, but I don't think it was because they couldn't have defeated it if they'd tried, just that doing so would have taken so long (seconds is a long time in this instance) to defeat them that many more droids would have shown up. They weren't trying to take over the battleship, they were trying to escape it.

Tangible God
Beats the Super and Clone, Obi as well, unless he performs a wonder jump behind the Droideka.

I don't know jack about IG-88.

Unless Jango has a portable shield of his own, or an ion cannon behind his back, I don't see him living.

Tuskens are cut down easily.

Again, unless they have some Ion weapon (and I doubt it), they die.

Anakin deflects like crazy while getting closer, possibly wearing down the shield, then he jumps behind the Droideka and slashes it.

vader11
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I don't see Obi-wan losing to one. Yes, he did run from one, but I don't think it was because they couldn't have defeated it if they'd tried, just that doing so would have taken so long (seconds is a long time in this instance) to defeat them that many more droids would have shown up. They weren't trying to take over the battleship, they were trying to escape it. Agree. I believe they can defeat those 2 Droideka if they really wanted to.

darthsith19
Lol at the gauntlet order. The guards should be fourth or fifth and they are 7. Tuskens should be third, or fourth and they are 6. Anyways, I doubt he can make it past Kenobi.

vader11
Originally posted by darthsith19
Lol at the gauntlet order. The guards should be fourth or fifth and they are 7. Tuskens should be third, or fourth and they are 6. Anyways, I doubt he can make it past Kenobi. Ya, I agree that it is quite funnylaughing

Burnt Pancakes
It dies at 3.

Obi-Wan force pushes it over...

Those things don't have arms to get themselves back up, lol. They're like turtles.

jollyjim311
Droids can't die. They can, however, be destroyed.

The droid is destroyed at three, unless it is a specialized clone trooper in number two.

overlord
Droideka has an shield, therefore he can never be destroyed. Even if time and space would collapse. Obi Wan might try to run but a droideka will outroll him and ride over him making sure he dies.

Anakin has a lot of resentment and hatred in himself. He will see droideka rolling, he will be hating, but droideka will drive over him cause he's pimp like that.

Count Makashi
Yea, probably TPM Kenobi would stop it, but not easy and he would have to be careful and concentrated all the time.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Interesting, but it doesn't get past TPM Obi

Nikkolas
People way underestimate tech. Wasn't it mentioned in some CW novel about how the droidekas making Jedi flee 'cause they were kinda useless against them? I know there was something mentioned about them in oen of the books I read a while back...Trying to remember which one.

darthsith19
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Interesting, but it doesn't get past TPM Obi
Good for you, you have finally made a productive post.

And I find it ridiculous that people would put a droid over a Jedi Knight, if Droidekas were than strong would Jar Jar have beaten one during the Battle of Naboo? Would Magnaguards be considered stronger than Droidekas if Droidekas > Jedi Knights? If Droidekas > Jedi Knights then why did the CIS even make any droids besides Droidekas? Why didn't they just make a coiple thousand destroyers and toss them ontop Courscant. War over. If one can beat TPM Kenobi then twenty could beat Yoda for sure. If one can "tear through" Kenobi then 5 could beat Yoda. No, just no. If they were that strong they'd have been used more.

vader11
Originally posted by Nikkolas
People way underestimate tech.People like you way overestimate techstick out tongue

overlord
"then why did the CIS even make any droids besides Droidekas?"

because droideka's cost huge amounts of credits to make, even more than a battleship, because they are such weapons of mass pwnage. Only an army of Wampa's would be able to take them down.

darthsith19
Originally posted by overlord
"then why did the CIS even make any droids besides Droidekas?"

because droideka's cost huge amounts of credits to make, even more than a battleship, because they are such weapons of mass pwnage. Only an army of Wampa's would be able to take them down.
Proof (that they cost more than a battleship)? The rest of your post is clearly bullshit, so... actually, the whole thing is bullshit, so. Bye.

kamikz
He wasn't serious.... He never is... It's overlord, nuff said....

vader11
Ya...laughing

LordGrievous
Originally posted by overlord
Droideka has an shield, therefore he can never be destroyed. Even if time and space would collapse. Obi Wan might try to run but a droideka will outroll him and ride over him making sure he dies.

Anakin has a lot of resentment and hatred in himself. He will see droideka rolling, he will be hating, but droideka will drive over him cause he's pimp like that. LOL laughing laughing

overlord
I have the most arguments to support my opinion. I win.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/charlebs/300_zinadine.gif

LordGrievous
the droideka clearly automaticcaly pwns everyone because thats how it works in the video games

Count Makashi
Which video game?

LordGrievous
battlefront 2 lol well at least thats what happens when i use them

Riverollv
lol... yeah, but not a Jedi. It only makes it to Kenobi. He could simply Force push it...

((The_Anomaly))
There is no way it beats Obi-Wan.

overlord
It will clearly outroll Kenobi.

vader11
It's likely to fall at Kenobi...

Riverollv
Obviously it does, it would be stupid to say it beats Kenobi...

vader11
Because people think TPM Kenobi sucks...

Riverollv
Just becuz he's not as strong as in RotS or AotC it doesn't mean he sucks

vader11
Maybe wink

Count Makashi
No not maybe, if he sucked Maul would kill him easily.

vader11
If he faces someone like Yoda or Mace, he suckslaughing

Count Makashi
Yea, he would be defeated easily, but Yoda could easy defeat an ordinary Jedi Knight, even Master.

vader11
Isn't TPM Kenobi below an average Jedi?

Riverollv
Uh, no. I think he was actually an above-average apprentice.

Burnt Pancakes
Originally posted by darthsith19
Proof (that they cost more than a battleship)? The rest of your post is clearly bullshit, so... actually, the whole thing is bullshit, so. Bye.

Where the hell did this come from?

vader11
But he's below average knight & master...

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Riverollv
Uh, no. I think he was actually an above-average apprentice.

I agree, he was probably wery talented for his age, if he wasn't, he wouldst be able to keep up with Maul.

vader11
He became knight after that duel...

Count Makashi
Originally posted by vader11
But he's below average knight & master...

He is definitely below an average Master, but i think he is better then an average Knight, remember that he was made Knight right after his fight with Maul, so in the TPM, he was very close to becoming a Knight anyway.

vader11
I think in that duel he performed better than an average knight...

Burnt Pancakes
Obviously... considering that Qui-Hon died and he lived.

Once Obi-Wan started using his full potential he f*cked Maul up.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
Obviously... considering that Qui-Hon died and he lived.

Once Obi-Wan started using his full potential he f*cked Maul up.

Right, but that was only when he used his anger for the death of his master... after that, everything was back to normal and Maul beat he sh*t out of him once again

Burnt Pancakes
When did Maul ever beat him? Kenobi was winnign the entire one on one Saber duel up to the point were Maul surprised him with a force push, after a few minuets of hanging on a ledge he just jumped up and sliced the dud in half.

Riverollv
If Kenobi was winning all tehe time like you say in the first place, Maul would've not surprised him. And, scondly, almost everyone here knows Maul could've killed Kenobi whenever he liked, but th dumbass decided to play with him and uderestimate him. If not, Kenobi would've been pwned

vader11
Maul would beat TPM Kenobi one on one if there is no hole.

Burnt Pancakes
It's kind of hard to see a force push at point blank range coming. And what does that have to do with their saber duel?

So why was Maul's lightsaber cut in half and then put on his ass?

Riverollv
Man, you saw the freakin movie. If Maul woul've really wanted, he could've simply Force pushed Kenobi into oblivion and bye-bye forever.

vader11
I think most people here would agree that Maul>TPM Kenobi...

Burnt Pancakes
Obi-Wan was, imo, more a victime of the terrain. I have no doubt in my mind that if that pit wasn't there ObiWan (In his darkside uber) state of midn would have recovered fast enough to keep on fighting, and eventually win.

vader11
So, if Qui Gon didn't die, Obi won't use darkside, & can no way beat Maul. So Maul vs Obi one on one without hole, Maul wins. Maul>TPM Obi.

Burnt Pancakes
Only when Obi-Wan isn't using his full potential. A full potential Obi-Wan > Maul.

Burnt Pancakes
I also know that it's only a matter of time before Advent comes on and rips my ass to shreds.

vader11
But I think full potential Maul > full potential TPM Obi-Wan.

Burnt Pancakes
Maul in TPM was at his full potential. He was at the height of his abilities.

vader11
Obiwan won't be so powerful if Qui Gon is not dead, so Maul & Obi one on one Maul would win.

Burnt Pancakes
It was because of Qui-Gon's dead that Obi-Wan's full potential was unlocked. What we were talking about was Obi-Wan at full potential vs. Maul at his full potential, I.E. TPM. Which Obi-Wan won.

vader11
No one knows what happen if there is no hole. Maybe Maul can win.

Burnt Pancakes
Obi-Wan was winning the saber duel when Maul force pushed him. So if there was no hole to FP Obi-Wan into, he would have eventually overwhelmed him.

Apollo Cloud
Not necessarily, in that scenario the force push would likely throw Obi-Wan off for a while, possibly leaving him open for Maul to take the easy win, and at the very least put him back on the defencive. Now don't get me wrong, Obi-Wan was dominating him in that state, but Maul was still putting up somewhat of a fight (got in a solid kick IIRC), and it's very likely that Obi-Wan's sudden increase in skill caught him off guard a little, whereas the surprise factor wouldn't have lasted much longer, and I really doubt that Obi-Wan would have remained in that frenzy much longer either, it would have eventually worn off.

vader11
I doubt if Maul was at his FP at that moment...

Burnt Pancakes
I'm pretty sure the novel states that in that fight Maul was in his prime.

Apollo Cloud
http://z14.!nvisionfree.com/Ultimate_Star_Wars

Blaxican: Hey does anybody here from KMC remember $$Anthony Billy$$? Hehe, funny story, that was actually me, Blaxican and $$Anthony Billy$$ are one in the same. Ha, let's just hope Rex doesn't see this.

Mwu hahaha.

Burnt Pancakes
That link doesn't even work, tool.

vader11
What's that?

Apollo Cloud
That was intentional, fool.

Advent
Edited because I don't feel like being mean today.

Burnt Pancakes
Wow. Really? Advent, not mean? eek!

Apollo Cloud
Lol, what did you edit?

Burnt Pancakes
She was probably going to completely decimate my Obi-Wan > Maul argument...

vader11
laughing

Riverollv
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
It was because of Qui-Gon's dead that Obi-Wan's full potential was unlocked. What we were talking about was Obi-Wan at full potential vs. Maul at his full potential, I.E. TPM. Which Obi-Wan won.

Uh, man, let me ask you something: How could'be Kenobi been at full potential if he became MORE powerful in AotC and RotS? What you're sayin doesn't make sense. That's like sayin Anakin using his anger would be at full potential, when ANAKIN at FULL POTENTIAL would pwn pretty much everyone, except maybe NJO Luke...

vader11
Maybe ROTS is his FP, so TPM Obi can't take Maul one on onestick out tongue

Riverollv
That's why I said what he said makes no sense at all

vader11
It also seems that he is the only one who think TPM Obi>Maul...

Captain Bob
Full potential as of TPM -- that is, at the highest skill, focus, etc. to combine to great the greatest potential power that he could have, with the knowledge and abilities he currently has.

All things considered, though, it's rather irrelevant; Maul owned Qui-Gon, and it's been established that Qui-Gon would own Obi-Wan. That Maul did as badly as he did is probably because he underestimated Obi-Wan, and didn't put as much effort into the fight as he should have (and even then, he still won). It's obvious he didn't think very highly of Obi-Wan to begin with; after Maul knocked Obi-Wan down into the pit, he didn't even look to see if his enemy was dead or not. All those things show Maul's overconfidence and arrogance, and ultimately led to his downfall -- not Obi-Wan being 'better'.

overlord
Originally posted by vader11
It's likely to fall at Kenobi... Yes, and then Obi Wan will be crushed to death. Droideka's are pretty heavy machinery.

Count Makashi
He will sense it before it happens and move out of dangers way.

LordGrievous
Droideka falls out of ceiling and crushes obi-wons spine and proceds to pwn everyone else

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.