Pathfinder: Legend of the ghost warrior

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
caught the pre screening of this flick a couple of hours ago. not bad, has the whole "13th warrior" feel to it.

ragesRemorse
is it worth watching though? how was the writing and action?

Mišt
Just saw a trailer of it, looks pretty cool, cant wait to see it.

Strangelove
Eh, if I can see for free, I'll do it.

Thorinn
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
is it worth watching though? how was the writing and action? For this kind of a movie, I'm betting the writing isn't going to be great.

But it would suck if the action was crap.

ragesRemorse
just got back from watching this movie. It took alot to sit through the entire thing. After witnessing the opening credits i knew that i was instore for a movie that was going to offer nothing in the way of dialogue, but still kept my reserve in hope that the action would satisfy. Well, after an action sequence that consisted of a battle between an Indian and vikings dueling while sled riding i lost all hope and began counting the remaining minutes of the film. I couldnt even follow half of the battle sequnces.
I guess i was hoping for a littlemore last of the mohicans and a little less texas chainsaw massacre. For any one wanting to see this film...do yourself a favour , save nine dollars and wait for dvd

Rogue Jedi
it started out really good, stalled about halfway through, and never really got its momentum back.

Grimm22
The entire film, I felt like I had seen this movie before

Seriously, half of the dialouge seemed like it has been used before

"What will you do?"

"Kill as many as I can.."

Come on! How many times has that line been used!

Plus, I prediced the entire plot withen the first 10 minutes of the movie.

Aside from a couple cool action scenes (most of them suck) and some nice make-up and costume design, the movie was worthless.

Heck the only reason I went to see it was because it was either that or sit through Disturbia in a theater full of middle-school kids

ragesRemorse
you know, usually when the line " kill em all" or "kill as many as i can" is apart of a movies dialogue, i am all on board becuase i know some shit is about to go down, but there were no climatic or emotionally connecting scenes in the entire movie. MAybe that was my problem with it, that and the editing, i was rarely able to tell what was going on.

Rogue Jedi
there should have been an angry love scene between the star and the chick who became the new pathfinder.

ragesRemorse
yeah, im with you on that one RJ. the movie totally should have ended with the indian chik riding the viking son to the point of climax and then saying before the credits roll "whos your pathfinder?"

Rogue Jedi
right before the money shot, eh? laughing out loud....ow, my eye, you shot out my eye!!!!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
right before the money shot, eh? laughing out loud....ow, my eye, you shot out my eye!!!!

im thinkin Oscar laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
i'm thinking she should take in the mouth next time. laughing out loud

rockycairns
it looked good on the poster for the film so i checked out the trailer and it looked like something Uwe Boll would do looked very corny and cliched not my type

Bardiel13
I'll probably end up seeing it on the account of lack of Viking films :C

But, first I'm gonna see Grindhouse.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by rockycairns
it looked good on the poster for the film so i checked out the trailer and it looked like something Uwe Boll would do looked very corny and cliched not my type

was almost as bad, but diddnt have the its so bad its funny element. The vikings looked cool, bout the only saving grace of the movie

Jim Reaper
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you know, usually when the line " kill em all" or "kill as many as i can" is apart of a movies dialogue, i am all on board becuase i know some shit is about to go down, but there were no climatic or emotionally connecting scenes in the entire movie. MAybe that was my problem with it, that and the editing, i was rarely able to tell what was going on.

Mos def... The movie was flat.

SpaceMonkey
I wanted Ghost to yell out, "What business do Vikings have in the Riddermark? Speak quickly!!". But, alas, it never happened. sad

LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.