Don "Imus in the morning show" cancelled on MSNBC channel due to racist remarks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Good. I'm glad he was fired. And i hope CBS radio follows suit.

He pulled a Mike Richards and paid good for it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18063270/

Rogue Jedi
"nappy headed ho's"......laughing out loud....is the best insult they could come up with?

vintageSW77
did no blacks go to see BORAT?
what about "chocolate face" Alan Keyes scene
i dont remember anyone kicking off about that
in the cinema it got a big laugh

Rogue Jedi
i could go on for days here posting racial slurs better than that.

Schecter
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Good.

"....waaaaaaaaa i hate white people."

Rogue Jedi
exactly. gimme a fuggin break, get over it already.

Schecter
you're no better, recycling completely false talking points about oppressive double standards. even when i present the completely factual point of the ever-growing white supremacist movements in america publically recruiting and speaking, i'm ignored. its ridiculous on both sides and so melodramatic.

imus lost his show because he's a shmuck. there are plenty of white radio hosts who regularly throw out "offensive and insensitive" material. try howard stern and opie&anthony for starters. they get away with it and keep their jobs. know why? they are comedians and have never been elevated in status to represent something different. as someone pointed out in another thread, in this situation they would have laughed in everyone's face and said "stick your apology".

but dont cry for imus. nobody's going to let a cash cow like that sit around and wither away. he has too much of a following to just loose his entire career over something so silly. maybe in the future his job description will be more clear (comedian) and he wont have to go through this ordeal again.

botankus
In buried news, the Duke Lacrosse team was found innocent of rape charges. While Imus is apologizing out his a$$ (and deservingly so), many people are still waiting for the "A" word to surface now that the charges have been dropped - but aren't holding their breaths on that one.

Grimm22
This is all a bunch of crap if you ask me

Imus said somthing really stupid, but that doesn't mean he should be fired (although the real reason his show was cancelled was because the sponsers pulled out)

The only people he should have apologized to were the basketball players, not Al Sharpton or anyone else.

This really isn't a race issue, I mean he called them "hos" which isn't racist, its still vulgar language, but its not racist

Schecter
Originally posted by Grimm22
(although the real reason his show was cancelled was because the sponsers pulled out)

concrete fact FTW thumb up

botankus
I mean he called them "hos"

This would accurately categorize half of America's high school hallways, males included.

chithappens
just stop it. damn man this topic was over

Robtard
Originally posted by chithappens
just stop it. damn man this topic was over

Blame the creator.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by vintageSW77
did no blacks go to see BORAT?
what about "chocolate face" Alan Keyes scene
i dont remember anyone kicking off about that
in the cinema it got a big laugh

Alan Keyes isn't liked by them.

Czarina_Czarina

that's b/c SOME people ( embarrasment ) called and threatened the sponsors, did the same thing to yahoo comment board, some guy wanted to sue yahoo b/c of another persons' comments, he lost i think, but they don't have anymore users'/readers' comments b/c some people threatened their advertisers.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Schecter
you're no better, recycling completely false talking points about oppressive double standards. even when i present the completely factual point of the ever-growing white supremacist movements in america publically recruiting and speaking, i'm ignored. its ridiculous on both sides and so melodramatic.

imus lost his show because he's a shmuck. there are plenty of white radio hosts who regularly throw out "offensive and insensitive" material. try howard stern and opie&anthony for starters. they get away with it and keep their jobs. know why? they are comedians and have never been elevated in status to represent something different. as someone pointed out in another thread, in this situation they would have laughed in everyone's face and said "stick your apology".

but dont cry for imus. nobody's going to let a cash cow like that sit around and wither away. he has too much of a following to just loose his entire career over something so silly. maybe in the future his job description will be more clear (comedian) and he wont have to go through this ordeal again.
wait, what? confused

Schecter
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/430394_15-black-man-says-we-must-exterminate-white-people#post8742412

Rogue Jedi
as i said, the world is a messed up place.

Strangelove
This is all a bunch of crap if you ask me

Imus said somthing really stupid, but that doesn't mean he should be fired (although the real reason his show was cancelled was because the sponsers pulled out)

The only people he should have apologized to were the basketball players, not Al Sharpton or anyone else.

This really isn't a race issue, I mean he called them "hos" which isn't racist, its still vulgar language, but its not racist Maybe because "nappy headed" refers to the coarseness of black people's hair? I don't know. Or really care. It's a hideous double standard. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have both made racist comments towards whites in the past and and have yet to recant, but the instant someone dares to make a comment against blacks, they claim the high road. **** that.

Robtard
Originally posted by Strangelove
Maybe because "nappy headed" refers to the coarseness of black people's hair? I don't know. Or really care. It's a hideous double standard. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have both made racist comments towards whites in the past and and have yet to recant, but the instant someone dares to make a comment against blacks, they claim the high road. **** that.

Directed more towards Al Sharpton; would you expect any less from a thug/crook?

Schecter
Maybe because "nappy headed" refers to the coarseness of black people's hair?

no. nappy-headed is a term for unkept curly/coiled hair.
it implies that one is a slob

Robtard
no. nappy-headed is a term for unkept curly/coiled hair.
it implies that one is a slob

..and "n!gger" really just means the color black; look what we have today though.

Schecter
well, people seem to casually glaze over the reality that he called the whole basketball team a bunch of dirty sluts. thats really what a "nappy headed ho" is. it doesnt mean "black woman".

:edit: but lets be frank. in his mocking tone and attempt at some deep-south immediately-post-slavery black accent its clear he was being completely racist, knowingly. the attitude was certainly "look at the silly n*****s"

sorry, i would stick up for the guy if it wasnt the case, but it is, so im not.

Robtard
well, people seem to casually glaze over the reality that he called the whole basketball team a bunch of dirty sluts. thats really what a "nappy headed ho" is. it doesnt mean "black woman".

Some people? I think the majority of people think he maliciously intended to spout off a racist remark. This lame story has received more coverage than some world disasters; politicians are being asked to comment on Imus's comments.

Like you said though, Imus should just say he's a comedian and it was for comedic purposes only. But I think the knee-jerk damage has already been done, I'm still curious why he has to apologize to Al Sharpton though. Is he a "nappy-headed ho"?

edit- You're probably right; I don't listen to Imus (not funny or insightful imo) so can't say if he's factually a racist or not; regardless, worse is said by other radio voices and through other media outlets and no one cares. Stern for one.

Schecter
considering the overwhelming anti-backlash in public opinion (via this and many other public forums of discussion i have browsed on this topic) it seems just the opposite. i see sharpton (another public troll, as i like to call people who like to blow these things way out proportion and stir up the pot for personal gain and publicity) demanding an apology when he deserves none at all, and the media bending over like the good little bitches they are. so really what we end up discussing is media backlash and not actual public opinion, of which seems to favor imus...or more accurately: damn al sharpton.

so the topic becomes: is al sharpton full of shit?

answer: yes

genuine topic: lost

Schecter
RF9BjB7Bzr0

(just for reference)

Czarina_Czarina
Maybe because "nappy headed" refers to the coarseness of black people's hair? I don't know. Or really care. It's a hideous double standard. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have both made racist comments towards whites in the past and and have yet to recant, but the instant someone dares to make a comment against blacks, they claim the high road. **** that.

they handled it the wrong way, if feminist wanted to make a point, they should go after rapers first. and, let's talk about "nappy", they should have said "what does it matter, WE WON, SOME of our hairs are nappy and some aren't, who cares? and oh, guess what, we aren't hos, we are educated" and he would have looked pretty foolish, if that needed anymore public attention at all, and the president of the USA would have never had to comment on the entire thing. and now we have an arrested development b/c politicians have to decide about the comment Imus made, omg, Imus is funny to some people, just like BET comedians are funny to some people.

chithappens

Not the same thing because he is making generalizations about a group of young women who he knows nothing about.

Shaprton and Jackson are talking about certain group of people in power who they felt are oppressing a race. Not defending it but it is just different.

Imus has no bases for calling them nappy headed hos; the part that can not be disputed is hos.

Sharpton and Jackson were being racist, but had some sort of logic to their words. Not saying I agree but if they were being more politically correct one could still take it the same.

Both are bad; Imus' comment, in this case, is worse in that in has no relevance to these women from his knowledge.

BackFire
I'm glad he was cancelled.

He's incredibly ugly, shouldn't be on TV.

Czarina_Czarina
Not the same thing because he is making generalizations about a group of young women who he knows nothing about.

Shaprton and Jackson are talking about certain group of people in power who they felt are oppressing a race. Not defending it but it is just different.

Imus has no bases for calling them nappy headed hos; the part that can not be disputed is hos.

Sharpton and Jackson were being racist, but had some sort of logic to their words. Not saying I agree but if they were being more politically correct one could still take it the same.

Both are bad; Imus' comment, in this case, is worse in that in has no relevance to these women from his knowledge.

i am reneging for a moment, just to make this point, sorry. are you stating that black comedians talk about whites b/c they know what they are talking about? (I DON'T THINK SO) some of it is SO OFF THE MARK that it is ridiculous, and some find the ridiculous funny, EVER WONDER WHY THE WHITES IN THE AUDIENCE ARE LAUGHING, IT'S BECAUSE IT'S RIDICULOUS, NOT B/C THEY ACTUALLY AGREE.

chithappens
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
i am reneging for a moment, just to make this point, sorry. are you stating that black comedians talk about whites b/c they know what they are talking about? (I DON'T THINK SO) some of it is SO OFF THE MARK that it is ridiculous, and some find the ridiculous funny, EVER WONDER WHY THE WHITES IN THE AUDIENCE ARE LAUGHING, IT'S BECAUSE IT'S RIDICULOUS, NOT B/C THEY ACTUALLY AGREE.

Umm, do you see a comedian anywhere in my post? WTF, are you talking about?

Czarina_Czarina
Umm, do you see a comedian anywhere in my post? WTF, are you talking about?

Imus was being FUNNY when he said that, just like blacks are when they say "nappy headed ho", they are trying to be funny, if they really wanted to clean house, they should start with the rapers and the comedians on BET. But instead, they destroyed a show b/c he represents (looks like a white dude) the power structure, so they are happy about that.

chithappens
Imus was being FUNNY when he said that, just like blacks are when they say "nappy headed ho", they are trying to be funny, if they really wanted to clean house, they should start with the rapers and the comedians on BET. But instead, they destroyed a show b/c he represents (looks like a white dude) the power structure, so they are happy about that.

Again, comedians do not call out people in the audience when they say "nappy headed ho." They do not know who that person is. If they make a joke and say "nappy headed ho" that's a whole another thing because there is a ho in the joke.

Imus called a women's college basketball team "nappy headed hos." He doesn't know anything about them at all.

That is not the same thing.

Czarina_Czarina
Again, comedians do not call out people in the audience when they say "nappy headed ho." They do not know who that person is. If they make a joke and say "nappy headed ho" that's a whole another thing because there is a ho in the joke.

Imus called a women's college basketball team "nappy headed hos." He doesn't know anything about them at all.

That is not the same thing.

Ok, I am going to end this debate on my end. Imus had a comedic show, the overall intent was the same when blacks say those words (for the most part, sometimes, they really are being mean and spiteful and degrading that person into a category) but when used by most blacks that I've heard, it was stated as a JOKE, and Imus has black friends, and I've been to a black comedy show (but i walked out b/c i don't like crude humor), and they DO ATTACK INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE. Comedians talk about ANYONE, OJ, WHITES, ASIANS, HISPANICS, I HAVE HEARD IT ALL, SO DO NOT PLAY DUMB WITH ME, OK?

END OF DISCUSION FOR ME, I EQUATE IMUS'S COMMENT AS COMEDIC, THE SAME IF I HEARD A BLACK PERSON SAY IT, UNLESS THAT PERSON SHOWED A DIFFERENT INTENTION.

Schecter
and they DO ATTACK INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE. Comedians talk about ANYONE, OJ, WHITES, ASIANS, HISPANICS, I HAVE HEARD IT ALL, SO DO NOT PLAY DUMB WITH ME, OK?

END OF DISCUSION FOR ME, I EQUATE IMUS'S COMMENT AS COMEDIC, THE SAME IF I HEARD A BLACK PERSON SAY IT, UNLESS THAT PERSON SHOWED A DIFFERENT INTENTION.

ZOMG!!!!! they dont interview top politicians and have any sort of reputation as a respected media figure. he does, and you fail. kthxgnite

chithappens
Ok, I am going to end this debate on my end. Imus had a comedic show, the overall intent was the same when blacks say those words (for the most part, sometimes, they really are being mean and spiteful and degrading that person into a category) but when used by most blacks that I've heard, it was stated as a JOKE, and Imus has black friends, and I've been to a black comedy show (but i walked out b/c i don't like crude humor), and they DO ATTACK INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE. Comedians talk about ANYONE, OJ, WHITES, ASIANS, HISPANICS, I HAVE HEARD IT ALL, SO DO NOT PLAY DUMB WITH ME, OK?

Comedy works when it is specific and relevant. Imus comments themselves are specific, but not relevant to those women. If he were talking about black prostitutes you think anyone would give a ****?

Here's the problem with the entire thing: Someone was waiting on something for Imus to say that they could exploit. He lost his job over something he said. Someone was waiting on that. I don't care about it because they are people who say much worse elsewhere, public or not. Imus had already made an enemy and then that enemy just played the race card.

Everyone is so damn silly.

Czarina_Czarina
ZOMG!!!!! they dont interview top politicians and have any sort of reputation as a respected media figure. he does, and you fail. kthxgnite

WHATEVER, they are just happy they took down someone who looks like a white power structure (or any structure or person for that matter), remember, enjoying the destruction of something or someone? He apologized, I only accept apologies when there was a bad intention and the person decided to apologize, if they tell me that there wasn't a bad intention, i tell them that the apology isn't necessary and i misunderstood, no biggie, no worries!!! He said he didn't have an ill intent, but they didn't even believe him, so he apologized anyway, and then, they didn't believe he was really sorry, he was saying "if it hurt you that bad, i am sorry", and according to him (and i have heard this myself), blacks say it ALL THE TIME, how was he to know that those words would be taken so hurtfully when coming out of his mouth, as opposed to a black person's mouth, when blacks seem to be "ok" with it. if they weren't ok with the word "ho" they would be busy tearing down the rape industry's lyrics, not Imu's radio show.

I'm done already!

KidRock
The funniest thing I heard was when this puerto rican girl I know stood up and said, "Well..they all is nappy and they probley are all hoes too!"

I love how Al Sharpton and Jesses Jackson went in there and demanded an APOLOGY for Imus's racist remarks..oh the irony of that.

edit: Chalk another one up for PC destroying America and its freedom of speech.

chithappens
\
Here's the problem with the entire thing: Someone was waiting on something for Imus to say that they could exploit. He lost his job over something he said. Someone was waiting on that. I don't care about it because they are people who say much worse elsewhere, public or not. Imus had already made an enemy and then that enemy just played the race card.

Everyone is so damn silly.

chithappens
if they weren't ok with the word "ho" they would be busy tearing down the rape industry's lyrics, not Imu's radio show.

That's more of an issue of society rather than just rap music. Everytime I go into a frat house it is more of two girls groping each other and making out at the male's command.

It is in all culture, just a little more down low. But that's a whole 'nother topic.

Schecter
Originally posted by KidRock
Chalk another one up for PC destroying America and its freedom of speech.

http://www.theflagpole.com/images/eagle_cry_white_backgnd3.jpg

lol

call the melodrama police and tell them to send a whaaaambulance STAT!!!

KidRock
lol

call the melodrama police and tell them to send a whaaaambulance STAT!!!

You're a sock, nothing you say means anything around here. Good day to you. big grin

Czarina_Czarina

blacks were protesting at his radio show, it was documented on tv, so someone has it recorded on dvd or has record of the fact that blacks did this, if blacks don't want to be used as pawns in those kinds of arguments, they shouldn't fall for it so easily.

so, that "someone" apparently has the strings on those people, which makes them robots or automatons or pawns, easy to push their buttons anytime they want to take someone down, i would be ashamed to be part of a group so credulous. (i actually AM ashamed).

stop playing the invisible man argument.

Schecter
Ok, I am going to end this debate on my end.

END OF DISCUSION FOR ME,

I'm done already!

promises. promises roll eyes (sarcastic)

Czarina_Czarina
promises. promises roll eyes (sarcastic)

blacks were protesting at his radio show, it was documented on tv, so someone has it recorded on dvd or has record of the fact that blacks did this, if blacks don't want to be used as pawns in those kinds of arguments, they shouldn't fall for it so easily.

so, that "someone" apparently has the strings on those people, which makes them robots or automatons or pawns, easy to push their buttons anytime they want to take someone down, i would be ashamed to be part of a group so credulous. (i actually AM ashamed).

stop playing the invisible man argument.

Yes, I promise. big grin

chithappens

so, that "someone" apparently has the strings on those people, which makes them robots or automatons or pawns, easy to push their buttons anytime they want to take someone down, i would be ashamed to be part of a group so credulous. stop playing the invisible man argument.

So you mean to tell me you think he really got his show cancelled from MSNBC because "they care so much" when (as you said many times) he says stuff like this all the time?

This was going to happen one way or another. You, again, put every black in the same box.

"I would be so ashamed to be part of a group so credulous." - and yet I just explained it to you. What does that make me?

smokin' It's a good thing I don't do this.

Czarina_Czarina
So you mean to tell me you think he really got his show cancelled from MSNBC because "they care so much" when (as you said many times) he says stuff like this all the time?

This was going to happen one way or another. You, again, put every black in the same box.

"I would be so ashamed to be part of a group so credulous." - and yet I just explained it to you. What does that make me?

smokin' It's a good thing I don't do this.

whites care nothing about blacks???? that's why white society doesn't use the n word (even though blacks still use it, and even taught it to me and anyone who is around them), that's why they fought for basic civil rights, that's why they helped with Affirmative Action, that's why they believed in integration, i think a lot of whites care, sorry!

..do all whites think this way,nope, but it was made part of the system (which says alot), and it wasn't to please the entire white race, it was to please or help blacks.

chithappens
whites care nothing about blacks???? that's why white society doesn't use the n word (even though blacks still use it, and even taught it to me and anyone who is around them), that's why they fought for basic civil rights, that's why they helped with Affirmative Action, that's why they believed in integration, i think a lot of whites care, sorry!

..do all whites think this way,nope, but it was made part of the system (which says alot), and it wasn't to please the entire white race, it was to please or help blacks.

*raises hand* You totally miss my point. No one gets fired for saying something like nappy headed hos.

You go off on a tangent. Imus didn't say ******. I didn't say white people don't care. You are adding words. What is your point?

This is about power, not political correctness.

Czarina_Czarina
*raises hand* You totally miss my point. No one gets fired for saying something like nappy headed hos.

You go off on a tangent. Imus didn't say ******. I didn't say white people don't care. You are adding words. What is your point?

This is about power, not political correctness.

ok, let me take a wild guess, this is the "lib" media that used Al Sharpton and the like to take down this man (the "lib" media intentions are invisible and don't really represent what blacks think on this matter?), and somehow, the "lib" media was able to cause alot of black excitement enough to protest at his radio show, so this is a mystery about "how" and "who did it", but somehow, someone's career is destroyed, and it circles around to "the white man's fault" b/c the "lib" media are mainly white males and their intention was not to help blacks, but b/c of something else he said that is still a mystery. Ok. And i don't care if you think; i am not a clown.

chithappens
ok, let me take a wild guess, this is the "lib" media that used Al Sharpton and the like to take down this man, and somehow, got a lot of blacks excited enough to protest at his radio show, so this is a mystery about "how" did it, but somehow, someone's career is destroyed, and it circles around to "the white man's fault". Ok.

Never said I disagreed with that but don't blame ALL black people for something that is taken advantage of by people with power.

Imus' comments were out of line, but getting fired? That's stupid.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
exactly. gimme a fuggin break, get over it already.

exactly the way I feel... sharpton kicked off his argument on the base of racism.. and then he does an about face and tries to play it off like he was arguing about womens rights moreso than the racist remarks? gimme a break

to top it off.. oprahs gonna cash in on it, and bring the basketball team on the air... and the captain is like "he stole our dream and ruined our character" ?.. wtf?...

with all the times I been called honkey, cracker, and white bread... my dreams should have been long over already, and my character tarnished beyond recognition...you see me givin a damn?.. people these days with their flair for the dramatics *sigh*

but I will not deny that the racist remarks Imus said were tacky and unprofessional... but sharpton should have at least stuck to his guns and said "look.. I'm gettin you fired cuz you're racist" , rather than pretend to care about womens rights... 'that' was just as tacky

and I'm not even gonna touch the subject of hypocrisy... cuz lord knows how many people would be out of a job just on the sheer basis of throwing around racial slurs

chithappens
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
exactly the way I feel... sharpton kicked off his argument on the base of racism.. and then he does an about face and tries to play it off like he was arguing about womens rights moreso than the racist remarks? gimme a break

to top it off.. oprahs gonna cash in on it, and bring the basketball team on the air... and the captain is like "he stole our dream and ruined our character" ?.. wtf?...

with all the times I been called honkey, cracker, and white bread... my dreams should have been long over already, and my character tarnished beyond recognition...you see me givin a damn?.. people these days with their flair for the dramatics *sigh*

but I will not deny that the racist remarks Imus said were tacky and unprofessional... but sharpton should have at least stuck to his guns and said "look.. I'm gettin you fired cuz you're racist" , rather than pretend to care about womens rights... 'that' was just as tacky

and I'm not even gonna touch the subject of hypocrisy... cuz lord knows how many people would be out of a job just on the sheer basis of throwing around racial slurs

Agreed.

I really, really can not stand Oprah! If someone makes a topic I'll go there. laughing

chithappens
ESPN Sportsline Bar just read "CBS fires Imus."

This is getting stupid and proves my point. This is about power not political correctness.

Czarina_Czarina

BINGO!

And you are right about the "female" ticket, if fems wanted to argue about the word "ho" they should talk to BET owners, if they really cared about that word, it would be taken care of within the black community FIRST, not taking some guy's job away from him.

Bad sportsmanship, he said he was joking, and using the same jokes that blacks use on each other, bad sportsmanship, just be consistent, if they went after blacks (in the past) for stating the same thing, and Imus repeated it, it would make more sense, but they (Al Sharpton and Inc; as well as feminist groups) didn't go after blacks on BET for degrading women or for using words like nappy or the like; if they want a clean airway, they should also clean up BET (and i don't even watch that channel, mainly b/c it has too many degrading shows, but it has value to people, so i don't complain, same with Imus, his show had value to people).

KidRock
If a black radio jockey said "damn Harvard rowing team..buncha honkeys"

Would anyone here like to bet that it wouldnt even make the backpage of the new york times? Any takers?

Ah, good ol' double standards in America. Racial equality indeed(unless your white of course..then you get the shaft)

Schecter

there are no black radio jockeys saying that.
maybe thats why we'd never hear about it?

if jesse jackson or al sharpton called someone a "cracker" on air for millions to hear, it would be on the front page, which im sure. just as im 100% positive you would have made a thread about it to suit your apparent agenda.

now, why dont you do your cute like "sock" copout to avoid the point? roll eyes (sarcastic)

chithappens

And you are right about the "female" ticket, if fems wanted to argue about the word "ho" they should talk to BET owners, if they really cared about that word, it would be taken care of within the black community FIRST, not taking some guy's job away from him.

I'm going to need you to look at a big picture rather than this concept that blacks took over all the morality of America.

Women have gotten the short stick for at least all of written history. Men, for the longest, had sex with little boys before women because they were not, and could never amount to the purity of a male (that was the paradigm). Women were known broadly as almost nothing other than sexual objects until the 20th century. How does this first relate to BET?

* BET is owned by a white man (I only mention this because I'm sick of all this damn it is all niggerism crap). I guess then it is the fault of ******* for falling for it. Please stop generalizing. Makes you look stupid.

The issue of women is about money ("sex sells", not all sex mind you) and power struggles.

Robtard
"White Like Me" by Rick Reilly circa 2002

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/magazine/life_of_reilly/news/2002/01/30/life_of_reilly/

chithappens

Would anyone here like to bet that it wouldnt even make the backpage of the new york times? Any takers?

Ah, good ol' double standards in America. Racial equality indeed(unless your white of course..then you get the shaft)

Power, power, power. Why is no one paying attention to this at all?

chithappens
Originally posted by Robtard
"White Like Me" by Rick Reilly circa 2002

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/magazine/life_of_reilly/news/2002/01/30/life_of_reilly/

Read it. What is your point?

KidRock
there are no black radio jockeys saying that.
maybe thats why we'd never hear about it?

if jesse jackson or al sharpton called someone a "cracker" on air for millions to hear, it would be on the front page, which im sure. just as im 100% positive you would have made a thread about it to suit your apparent agenda.

now, why dont you do your cute like "sock" copout to avoid the point? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hi sock!

InnerRise
OPRAH'S ON WITH THE BASKETBALL TEAM. no expression

Didn't even realize.

I need to turn this to Judge Judy NOW!!!

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Czarina_Czarina
I'm going to need you to look at a big picture rather than this concept that blacks took over all the morality of America.

Women have gotten the short stick for at least all of written history. Men, for the longest, had sex with little boys before women because they were not, and could never amount to the purity of a male (that was the paradigm). Women were known broadly as almost nothing other than sexual objects until the 20th century. How does this first relate to BET?

* BET is owned by a white man (I only mention this because I'm sick of all this damn it is all niggerism crap). I guess then it is the fault of ******* for falling for it. Please stop generalizing. Makes you look stupid.

The issue of women is about money ("sex sells", not all sex mind you) and power struggles.

BET was owned by a black guy FIRST! He is or was into purchasing an airline, he sold BET to a white guy, he already stated (on tv) that he had those programs b/c people WANTED them. OK?

And stop using the fem ticket, I respect anything that is about discipline, and b/c some parts of the fem creed applies discipline, I can respect those parts, just like I would about any group that applies discipline. Funny, you act like you care about the woman's movement, but you hate Oprah, how ironic!

Robtard
Read it. What is your point?

Something called a double standard and double standards are complete crap. No?

chithappens
BET was owned by a black guy FIRST! He is or was into purchasing an airline, he sold BET to a white guy, he already stated (on tv) that he had those programs b/c people WANTED them. OK?

And stop using the fem ticket, I respect anything that is about discipline, and b/c some parts of the fem creed applies discipline, I can respect those parts, just like I would about any group that applies discipline. Funny, you act like you care about the woman's movement, but you hate Oprah, how ironic!

Yeah, but BET has evolved to a new level of crap since the sell. That is just something we would never agree on and I'm not sure if you used to watch it at all. I have not watched BET in about 4 years. It is just too......

Oprah is a hypocrite. You do not know anything about what I think. Oprah makes money off women by feeding them bullshit while making mad dough off of them, and is one of the biggest hypocrites of our era. My dislike of Oprah goes beyond feminism. I stayed in some of the roughest ghettos of Chicago, a few miles down from Harpo Studios and she never, ever bothered trying to do anything for the people of the city; just places that were profitable.

I think the same of Michael Jordan. Love the athlete. Can't respect the man.

chithappens
Something called a double standard and double standards are complete crap. No?

Agreed. Here's some food for thought though:

Not sure about right now, but I remember in 2005 Jason Seahorn was the only white cornerback in the NFL. White people can play those positions just as well as black people, but the culture of the sport is to tell people of different races what they can and can not do.

Same with long distance running and sprinters (that just changed recently; is the entire track and field team of the USA black now?)

There is a double standard but it is promoted in really weird ways. The way he wrote the article seems to agree with idea that white people are not all that athletic. I liked the article but thought it was doing the very thing it didn't mean to do.

Who takes athletes or sports journalism serious anyway? Play a game for millions of dollars. What a joke.

Czarina_Czarina
Yeah, but BET has evolved to a new level of crap since the sell. That is just something we would never agree on and I'm not sure if you used to watch it at all. I have not watched BET in about 4 years. It is just too......

Oprah is a hypocrite. You do not know anything about what I think. Oprah makes money off women by feeding them bullshit while making mad dough off of them, and is one of the biggest hypocrites of our era. My dislike of Oprah goes beyond feminism. I stayed in some of the roughest ghettos of Chicago, a few miles down from Harpo Studios and she never, ever bothered trying to do anything for the people of the city; just places that were profitable.

I think the same of Michael Jordan. Love the athlete. Can't respect the man.

Why did BET go down, b/c a white guy owns it now? Oprah makes money off of the same emotional bull crap that caused blacks to protest Imus for the SAME thing they say! If you are upset that Oprah doesn't help blacks, I have an uncle who is a millionaire (we have a few hiding and changing their names b/c of greedy family members, I understand their mentality, but i am not mad at him for keeping an eye on his pocket), does he send me checks in the mail? NOPE, NOT A GOOD UNCLE, NOW IS HE? My debt is my problem, not his. If he wants to finance my life, he can, but he probably won't, why? b/c if I make my million without his help, I have my own respect and his. i would EARN his respect and the rest of the ones who are in his class.

Robtard
Agreed. Here's some food for thought though:

Not sure about right now, but I remember in 2005 Jason Seahorn was the only white cornerback in the NFL. White people can play those positions just as well as black people, but the culture of the sport is to tell people of different races what they can and can not do.

Same with long distance running and sprinters (that just changed recently; is the entire track and field team of the USA black now?)

There is a double standard but it is promoted in really weird ways. The way he wrote the article seems to agree with idea that white people are not all that athletic. I liked the article but thought it was doing the very thing it didn't mean to do.

Who takes athletes or sports journalism serious anyway? Play a game for millions of dollars. What a joke.

If a a top white athlete said "You're pretty good for a black boy" to another black athlete, that white guy would have to publicly apologize for a perceived "racist remark", no?

chithappens
Why did BET go down, b/c a white guy owns it now? Oprah makes money off of the same emotional bull crap that caused blacks to protest Imus for the SAME thing they say! If you are upset that Oprah doesn't help blacks, I have an uncle who is a millionaire (we have a few hiding and changing their names b/c of greedy family members, I understand their mentality, but i am not mad at him for keeping an eye on his pocket), does he send me checks in the mail? NOPE, NOT A GOOD UNCLE, NOW IS HE? My debt is my problem, not his. If he wants to finance my life, he can, but he probably won't, why? b/c if I make my million without his help, I have my own respect and his.

BET did not go down simply because a white man owned it. Rap was just becoming more and more influential (in contrast, hip hop was being phased out because people didn't give a damn to care) and the people who sign these people to promote them and give them a little check to keep up what you call niggerism are the owners of music businesses who are often white. (again, I only mention race because you keep just saying black people this and black people that) They don't care about race. They getting money. Who cares what race they are?

I didn't even say Oprah should help blacks. Oprah will pay the college, apartment and phone bills of suburban teenagers who parents got divorced (what merit does that have if they have the funds?), do shows about how to "diet" (that she doesn't even follow), marriage conseuling (she is not married), the secret (think positive and good things will happen; come on!), and so on. She is banking on all sorts of genres of women more than anyone.

Damn you keep missing my points completely.

chithappens
If a a top white athlete said "You're pretty good for a black boy" to another black athlete, that white guy would have to publicly apologize for a perceived "racist remark", no?

I said I agree.

Czarina_Czarina
Why did BET go down, b/c a white guy owns it now? Oprah makes money off of the same emotional bull crap that caused blacks to protest Imus for the SAME thing they say! If you are upset that Oprah doesn't help blacks, I have an uncle who is a millionaire (we have a few hiding and changing their names b/c of greedy family members, I understand their mentality, but i am not mad at him for keeping an eye on his pocket), does he send me checks in the mail? NOPE, NOT A GOOD UNCLE, NOW IS HE? My debt is my problem, not his. If he wants to finance my life, he can, but he probably won't, why? b/c if I make my million without his help, I have my own respect and his. i would EARN his respect and the rest of the ones who are in his class.

And do you think my uncle even finances his own kids, NOPE, they had to earn it on their own, and both are doing mighty well, one has his own medical practice and bike shop (opens in the spring/summer seasons), and the other one is very good in her field, but both weren't spoon fed. I had to pay for college myself and in debt (as they both had to, but i think the brother broke down and borrowed money from his dad during med school), so just b/c someone comes from money or their parents are upper middle class doesn't mean they are spoiled or treated with a silver spoon. Some parents will not help their kids finanacially b/c they do not like spoiled brats, esp. in their kids, so don't assume that everyone who is in an upper class neighborhood is getting spoon fed everything, some parents are not like that.

chithappens
And do you think my uncle even finances his own kids, NOPE, they had to earn it on their own, and both are doing mighty well, one has his own medical practice and bike shop (opens in the spring/summer seasons), and the other one is very good in her field, but both weren't spoon fed. I had to pay for college myself and in debt (as they both had to, but i think the brother broke down and borrowed money from his dad during med school), so just b/c someone comes from money or their parents are upper middle class doesn't mean they are spoiled or treated with a silver spoon.

I did not say that. Those girls on her show ALREADY HAD THE FUNDS FROM THEIR PARENTS. IT WAS JUST BECAUSE THE PARENTS WERE DIVORCED. THEY COULD GO TO COLLEGE WITHOUT DEBT.

I do not disagree with what you said, but again, you are missing what I said. Obviously, not every single person with money is spoon feed. I wish you understood that about "certain" stuff.

~Flamboyant~
I'm beginning to hate Al Sharpton more and more. He blew a petty insult that really means nothing into a national crisis. Sharpton says he is against all racism, especially in the airwaves. So where was he with this guy?
(think there is a thread on this vid)
http://www.break.com/index/double_standard.html

Yes, I smell a double standard.

InnerRise
I'm glad that Imus got fired. doped

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
I'm beginning to hate Al Sharpton more and more. He blew a petty insult that really means nothing into a national crisis. Sharpton says he is against all racism, especially in the airwaves. So where was he with this guy?
(think there is a thread on this vid)
http://www.break.com/index/double_standard.html

Yes, I smell a double standard.

Sharpton should just man up, and apologize. He should say,if it's true, that he has had the best intentions in mind and that if comedy allows for certain words, then it shouldn't matter who is speaking them. For him to say that he is going to police everybody's speech, wow, that's taking on a huge responsibility that really belongs to the person talking. People can police themselves very well. Talk shows are just for show, most people who are intelligent know this. I am not upset at Sharpton but I am very disappointed in his tactics. I think he should change his tactics, which means he shouldn't lead people on emotional bandwagons and he should admit that he has lead people on an emotional tangent. Admitting wrong doesn't make a person weak, it makes them responsible (key leader), and "we" do forgive, unlike the people who were so upset and felt a gross injustice b/c of Imus's joke and dismissed his apology. But we understand it was to satisfy their emotional pain.

LordFear
Dudes I am a black man and this whole thing is bullshit and I am not buying it. Now all of a sudden America has been exposed to racism? Well where the **** were y'all for the past decade? So Imus made that comment big deal?Probably said what most didn't have the guts to say. So you fire him and what? Problem solved in America? Its sensationalism and Al Sharpton is a dirty negro who is exploiting us. The quicker we realize this, the better. You ask the venerable Al what happened in the Texaco fiasco civil suit which occured a few years ago? Did he get any of those proceeds which was in the very high millions?
No comment is his answer. That guy is a parasitic organism that needs to be beheaded.

Schecter
Originally posted by LordFear
Dudes I am a black man and this whole thing is bullshit and I am not buying it. Now all of a sudden America has been exposed to racism? Well where the **** were y'all for the past decade? So Imus made that comment big deal?Probably said what most didn't have the guts to say.

the implication being that most white people are always biting their tounges and really want to go off on some al jolsen impersonation and call all black people nappy headed ho's? wow, im white and thats news to me.

So you fire him and what? Problem solved in America?

its all about keeping thoughtless idiots out of the center of top political discussion forums. as was brought up many times, if he was strictly an entertainment figure, like howard stern or opie&anthony, nobody would care. not only THAT but even when THEY do it its parody and satire. not just some random and completely irrelevant smear.

Its sensationalism and Al Sharpton is a dirty negro who is exploiting us.

true. as i said its unfortunate that the topic turns to him and not the people who were directly insulted, as if sharpton is the elected ambasador of the entire black community. i agree 99%. (strike the 1% for the beheading bit...)

but what about imus? sorry if i dont want to see a retard interview senators and presidential cabinet members.

what you need to understand is the core of the issue: imus is a complete idiot and doesnt belong where he is (was).

Czarina_Czarina
Imus says a lot of stuff and has value to the people who thought he was funny, and yes, blacks laugh at crude jokes about hair, so I don't see why his comment was so offensive. If anything, they should have just said "ha, we still won" and "we are not 'hos' silly, we are college educated or working toward it", he would have understood the sassy response. And there would have been no emotionalism. Now, just think what this does to our country? I know "we" will get over this, "we" meaning good Americans, but it's just so silly. People are going to have to carry a lot of love with them until we get over this.

LordFear
Firing the guy serves no purpose. You think that's gonna inhibit peoples emotions? Why not fire Howard Stern,Borat, Micheal Richards? Have them all face some kind of punishment. The media induced this and after a week it will all be forgotten and America returns to what it does best!!!!Bottom line, lets not dilude ourselves into thinking otherwise

Schecter
Firing the guy serves no purpose. You think that's gonna inhibit peoples emotions? Why not fire Howard Stern,Borat, Micheal Richards? Have them all face some kind of punishment. The media induced this and after a week it will all be forgotten and America returns to what it does best!!!!Bottom line, lets not dilude ourselves into thinking otherwise

for the last time its not about punishing white people. its about keeping whats left of integrity in the mainstream political media. hats off to msnbc imho. foxnoise regularly offers jobs to fascists like ann coulter and mr. "blame the victim" bill oreilly. i would hope that if either of those tools shot their mouths off at msnbc, abc, cnn, etc they would be shitcanned as well. **** him. right in his ear. stop defending an old racist crackpot tooth and nail just because you hate sharpton and hate political correctness. dont oversimplify the issue as a counter to others blowing it out of proportion. its not a defeat of the rights of white people. its some shmuck who lost his job because he cant keep his foot out of his mouth.

Czarina_Czarina
for the last time its not about punishing white people. its about keeping whats left of integrity in the mainstream political media. hats off to msnbc imho. foxnoise regularly offers jobs to fascists like ann coulter and mr. "blame the victim" bill oreilly. i would hope that if either of those tools shot their mouths off at msnbc, abc, cnn, etc they would be shitcanned as well. **** him. right in his ear. stop defending an old racist crackpot tooth and nail just because you hate sharpton and hate political correctness. dont oversimplify the issue as a counter to others blowing it out of proportion. its not a defeat of the rights of white people. its some shmuck who lost his job because he cant keep his foot out of his mouth.

you really are power hungry.

i do not listen to ann or bill, but i respect the fact that people do like them, why do you have to attack everything that you don't like, do you know what civility is? civility isn't getting along with people you agree with, it's getting along with people you don't agree with (being able to have an argument without having a fight). and i bet you are going to try to ig some white person, and use that statement about civility when you piss them off. you really are a mess and i see right through you.

Schecter
you really are power hungry.

i do not listen to ann or bill, but i respect the fact that people do like them, why do you have to attack everything that you don't like, do you know what civility is? civility isn't getting along with people you agree with, it's getting along with people you don't agree with (being able to have an argument without having a fight). and i bet you are going to try to ig some white person, and use that statement about civility when you piss them off. you really are a mess and i see right through you.

i strongly disagree and debate fiercely, but i dont lie, i dont resort to childish copouts, i dont spam threads with complete gibberish, and tell people they support drug dealers and use racial slurs and blame everything on "n*****ism". you are a joke, and a sad unfunny one at that.

wow...look...spew your nonesense to someone else and pretend im not here, like you promised.

Czarina_Czarina
stfu k? i strongly disagree, but i dont lie and tell people they support drug dealers and use racial slurs and blame everything on "n*****ism". you are a joke, and a sad unfunny one at that.

wow...look...just spew your nonesense to someone else and pretend im not here, like you promised.

whatever.

Schecter
good, thats an EXCELLANT start. now lets keep that ball rolling

office jesus
Dudes I am a black man and this whole thing is bullshit and I am not buying it. Now all of a sudden America has been exposed to racism? Well where the **** were y'all for the past decade? So Imus made that comment big deal?Probably said what most didn't have the guts to say. So you fire him and what? Problem solved in America? Its sensationalism and Al Sharpton is a dirty negro who is exploiting us. The quicker we realize this, the better. You ask the venerable Al what happened in the Texaco fiasco civil suit which occured a few years ago? Did he get any of those proceeds which was in the very high millions?
No comment is his answer. That guy is a parasitic organism that needs to be beheaded.

THANK YOU. A reasonable response from a black man. Everyone's acting all of a sudden like..."Oh em gee! A RACIST!" Has everyone COMPLETLY forgotten that this woman took her team to the national finals? Yep. I think so.

Honey, honey. Pain? You haven't suffered any pain. Sticks and stones, sweetheart. Sticks and stones.

*Unrolls US Constitution. Points at first Amendment*.

ragesRemorse
thats some bullshit that he had to leave radio all together. People are whiny little bithses anymore and there really is no other way to word that appropriately. minorites and gay people can speak their minds freely in the entertainment medium and are praised for their derogatory remarks

Schecter
thats great but he wasnt charged with any crime and will not be.

he got fired for being an idiot.

you gonna run to your local mcdonalds and protest them for firing some kid who regularly runs his mouth like a thoughtless idiot and ends up insulting and offending customers? or are you going to laugh and say "HAHA **** HIM"

nobody got arrested. no stripping of freedom.

an idiot got fired, nothing more....nothing

:edit: whats funny here is both sides are saying "you're blowing it out of proportion" when in fact everyone is.

ragesRemorse
were not talkin about mcdonalds. We are talking about an outlet where freedom of speech should be enacted. I could care less about people speaking their minds and shitting all over races, minorites and belief structures but there should not be a double standard. If rosie o donnel, and Rev jackson can get away with openly spewing their moronic hatefull words all over the media, why cant imus get away with making a silly joke about a race of people that openly envoke the very same terms openly? Getting fired because the coorperation was pressured by political correctness to me is violation of freedom of speech. howard stern was able to say niger as often as he wanted when on the radio but imus cant get away with saying nappy?

LordFear

Doesn't matter. You think they fired him because of social conscious?
Wow you might be naive there buddy. They fired him because of the endorsements that he was losing. Understand the how business works buddy? Nothing to do with fairness and equality , be clear on that

Schecter
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
were not talkin about mcdonalds. We are talking about an outlet where freedom of speech should be enacted.

wrong.

we are talking about a media outlet which runs on sponsership. sponsership from other companies (like mcdonalds). these companies
sponser them and invest their confidence in these outlets to get ratings.
when these sponsers recieve floods of phone calls and mail by We the People, they call up MSNBC and say "either rectify the situation, and/or get this stupid assclown off the air or i will pull my sponsership." when enough sponsors pull out, msnbc has a choice to either fire him or take a giant fanancial hit.
so they fired him. they said "gtfo" like they would to any employee who ****ed up on the scale of catastrophic. thats business. thats free enterprise, thats america

enough people were pissed off to mobilise and have his ass fired. would it have happened without sharpton's antics....difficult to tell. either way the fact remains that he's an idiot and simply a ticking time bomb within msn's bankroll. they made a completely logical decision and those who cry "freedom" want to strip them of the freedom to fire an employee with just cause (directly causing/risking a fiscal disaster.)

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I could care less about people speaking their minds and shitting all over races, minorites and belief structures but there should not be a double standard. If rosie o donnel, and Rev jackson can get away with openly spewing their moronic hatefull words all over the media, why cant imus get away with making a silly joke about a race of people that openly envoke the very same terms openly? Getting fired because the coorperation was pressured by political correctness to me is violation of freedom of speech. howard stern was able to say niger as often as he wanted when on the radio but imus cant get away with saying nappy?

howard stern makes money for saying 'n*****'. its part of his act, thats part of why people listen to him.

im not trying to say that freedom of speech in the media is not under attack. it most certainly is. however you wont know shit about it from 'the don imus story'. just research what howard stern was put through. THAT was an infingement on freedom of speech.

what so many people seem to be screaming for is a direct violation of free enterprise

LordFear
enough people were pissed off to mobilise and have his ass fired. would it have happened without sharpton's antics....difficult to tell. either way the fact remains that he's an idiot and simply a ticking time bomb within msn's bankroll. they made a completely logical decision and those who cry "freedom" want to strip them of the freedom to fire an employee with just cause (directly causing/risking a fiscal disaster.)

Exactly, pressure politically and corporately. You think If I was sitting on the board of directors right now at MSNBC my first concern wouldn't be damage control? By any means necessary. I am surprised that people think otherwise

Lord Evolution
I am glad they fired that Racist prick, good riddance old man, you will not be missed.

chithappens
Why is not one person taking a moderate approach? This is just name calling.

Burner

People take things differently. Just 'cause you can take it doesn't mean that anyone else should have to.

As far as this goes, I don't think he should have gotten fired, and I don't even think he's racist. He said it in such a joking manner I don't see how anyone saw it as racist. Offensive yeah, I could see the girls thinking he meant that they're hoes, but he didn't. This got way out of hand.

Schecter
well, maybe those who want him back should hastle their sponsors as well? wouldnt that be...constructive?

:edit: naaaa, forget. lets have a race war. doped

chithappens
Why is not one person taking a moderate approach? This is just name calling.

Burner
Yeah, mods should ban that chit dude for spamming.

chithappens
Wow 4 real? Did you miss all that other stuff from others?

Czarina_Czarina
well, maybe those who want him back should hastle their sponsors as well? wouldnt that be...constructive?

:edit: naaaa, forget. lets have a race war. doped

according to the way some emotionalist think, wouldn't that expose those sponsors as racist?

look, the inner core of black culture is NEGATIVE, EVEN RAPPERS KNOW THAT. if you see it as two circles, the inner circle is negative, and the outer circle is much more positive. inner city blacks have blamed everyone on their issues of depravity, from whites to integration, YUP, they think that the blacks who "made" it left them and therefore, should be mocked for "acting" white and be ashamed for not helping their fellow black person. When in fact, blacks moved out b/c they were tired of the negativity that defaults in the minds of inner core blacks, that's why the music is so negative, the inner part of it REWARDS negative outcomes, and then asks everyone, "what's our condition, what's our problem?"

the inner core of whites is POSITIVE, the outer core of white society is NEGATIVE, whites use NEGATIVES as a defense, blacks (the inner core) TRY to use the outer POSITIVE blacks to attract. Whites don't default to negativity, positive blacks don't, but inner core blacks do, and outer core whites do, but for different motivations. whites use the outer core negative whites to keep away the elements they don't want on the inside; black inner core TRY to use positive blacks to attract b/c they repel so much, they repel each other and everything around them, so they need to USE outer core blacks to attract people their way; but once people really dig deep into black consciousness, they will see too much negativity, and the blacks in the inner core aren't reflective enough to see that this is the case. This is why the rappers are always singing about the blues (but they call it hip hop or rap), but these blues are congratulated or celebrated too much, the negativity is CONSTANTLY used as a default, and outer core blacks know this and have gotten away, but since the 80s, inner core blacks have used guilt on middle class blacks and whites, stating that "uppity" blacks abandoned them. that's why there are more educated blacks defending "hood rats", b/c they are plagued with guilt that somehow, it's the fault of upper class blacks abandoning them that caused so much ill in the inner city (this argument was going on back in the late 80s and early 90s at mostly black colleges and universities, i use to sit and listen to the arguments, that's why I know about it).

Schecter
im sorry, all i see is "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaalph!!!"

Burner
Wow 4 real? Did you miss all that other stuff from others?
Yeah, I know. I was just ****ing around.

CZ, stop being so ignorant. Those views are completely imaginary, you are simply racist. Stop.

Schecter
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=%22nappy+headed+hos%22&btnG=Google+Search

LOL!

2,440,000 hits on google for "nappy headed hos"

this is gonna beat snakes on a plane, totally

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=%22nappy+headed+hos%22&btnG=Google+Search
:edit: it already did laughing out loud whole fleet o' roflcopters

:edit2: BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!! that made my week.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Burner
Yeah, I know. I was just ****ing around.

CZ, stop being so ignorant. Those views are completely imaginary, you are simply racist. Stop.

imaginary? i think it's more like abstract thinking. and tell me how i am wrong. i know full well that whites use negative whites to repell and blacks use positive blacks to attract.

Czarina_Czarina
the rich and wealthy HATE negativity, and these folks (Al and Jesse) KNOW IT as well as their followers, and they sit on negativity and feed this energy to other people (in their thoughts and words and deeds), and fueling it, and we all know that negativity is a destructive force, not a positive constructive force. we can rebuild this stuff really quickly, putting out the fires, by not feeding anymore of it, and that means (also) trying to get Al and Jesse to use that kind of power with a lot more discretion, not every other month, it's tired and tiring for Americans, we have enough of it already, enough negativity!

chithappens
the rich and wealthy HATE negativity

the rich and wealthy ARE negativity.

Schecter
that was just an allout swooooooooshing generalisation stick out tongue

chithappens
Yeah, trying to give example of to how stupid it is.

Czarina_Czarina
the rich and wealthy ARE negativity.

you don't understand the difference b/t the rich and the wealthy. a person can win a million and be rich and negative but will realize he or she has to stay on the affirmative to keep it, the wealthy already know this.

if a rich person loses everything, he or she may not get it back.
if a wealthy person loses everything, he or she will.

there is a difference in mentality b/t the rich and the wealthy. the wealthy will donate their money, the rich won't. the wealthy WORK and believe in hard/smart work, the rich don't. there is a difference in class b/c of their mentality, even if they have the same amount of excess.

the rich may exploit to get gain, the wealthy will never. there are a lot of wealthy people who won't have anything to do with the defined "rich".

chithappens
you don't understand the difference b/c rich and wealthy. a person can win a million and be rich and negative but will realize he or she has to stay on the affirmative to keep it, the wealthy already know this.

again with the generalizations.

"the wealthy already know this" just like "blacks and their niggerism."

poor people start wars! all mexicans cook tacos!

where do you stop?

in the case of negative regarding money, it means political correctness of those who have more influence than you do. otherwise, u end up like imus

Czarina_Czarina
again with the generalizations.

"the wealthy already know this" just like "blacks and their niggerism."

poor people start wars! all mexicans cook tacos!

where do you stop?

in the case of negative regarding money, it means political correctness of those who have more influence than you do. otherwise, u end up like imus

you really are a piece of work. i am going to do you the favor, and i am going to shut up. i don't "need" this. if you want to apply the negative everytime, then do it with someone else. i thought this was the issue on the other thread, but it's really just tiring right now (negativity is used to "tire" someone or to slow learning or development or construction).

chithappens
(negativity is used to "tire" someone or to slow learning or development or construction).

Hmm, education issues sounds like a really, really interesting development there. But I won't go there.

You keep talking about negative, but I'm only emulating you. This is what you did to everything I said.

Czarina_Czarina
wealthy is usually used to describe character in comparison with "rich", rich is usually used to describe abundance (and it doesn't matter how it was obtained). so it's a compliment to have riches, but it's better if thought of as wealthy. if i see someone is hard working and has a lot of money, i would never call them rich, i call them wealthy. if they inherented it and aren't working, i call them rich. if the parents are wealthy, their character can recreate the riches, but their children may not be as skilled or disciplined, so for the kids, i think of them as rich but not wealthy.

PickItCity
so the rich are negativity and the wealthy aren't?

FeceMan
"....waaaaaaaaa i hate white people."
I like this new PVS.

Czarina_Czarina
and i would like to know how the woman's movement is going to go after the rap music without getting shot at, i mean, how many intelligent, hard working blacks moved back into the black community just to hear of crime after crime, and the inner city blacks blame everyone, from white racists to integration on their condition, no one sees that it's the internal rewarding of negativity and tearing things down AS A DEFAULT that causes so much problems and negative conflict resolution. how many blacks died in DC this year? LOTS, and why? life is hard to create, 9 mos in the womb doesn't guarantee anything, but what takes months of life, takes seconds to kill, but for ego, it doesn't matter huh?. let's talk about black ego and conflict resolution and negativity that is rewarded, before we talk about poor Imus and whites. black inner city has white libs thinking that it's the uppity blacks who have caused this continual poor part of black culture (b/c they feel that they abandon them (via intergrating with whites, that's why "acting" white is made fun of), so black intellectuals feel GUILTY and feel they have to justify inner black cultural behavior, and the ones "left behind" blame integration b/c that allowed blacks who were positive and progressive the freedom to MOVE AND GET AWAY FROM THE NEGATIVE MENTALITIES, so they too join in on making fun of blacks who are rich or well off or well educated, why? why degrade people who are positive for the sake of the ones who will even blame liberals on their condition, but never look at themselves. i know self reflection isn't always pretty, i certainly don't always look good in the mirror (but i gotta look at myself too), but sometimes, we do have to look at ourselves, and blacks do need to look at themselves very closely, esp. about emotionalism, conflict resolution, seeking the negative outlook on things, ect., throwing money at the problems (of race relations) is like putting a band-aid on a broken or cracked water damn, the fixing is internal, not external, and the internal pressure is just going to resurface again (next month shall we?).

FeceMan
OMFG.

They said "jigga-boo" and the blacks are freaking out about "nappy-headed hos"?

Give me a ****ing break. Al Sharpton, DIAF.

Czarina_Czarina
if it hasn't happened already, people are going to start being desensitized and just ignore any "race" topic on the news, it'll just be business as usually b/c it's not going to change b/c the mentality hasn't.

chithappens
Originally posted by FeceMan
OMFG.

who is they?

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by FeceMan
OMFG.

Give me a ****ing break. Al Sharpton, DIAF.

Imus is playing hang man for this, and so is Al Sharpton, when the real problem is the ones who want to follow the emotionalism, AS has to be responsible and be a better leader, let's say we replace AS and get another guy, if "the people" desire negativity and emotionalism, what difference is it? He's responsible but so are the ones getting emotional and calling up advertisers and fueling negativity, the ones with this kind of group think want Al Sharpton or someone like him. Blacks are sometimes cowardly and will allow someone like him to take the hit without admitting that they get too damn emotional about little stuff. and this isn't in defense for Al Sharpton, but rather an exposure of the group think that would desire that kind of leadership to begin with, if people said "no" to emotional ploys, AS would have to change his tactics and be more of a logical leader and not emotional one, but he feeds them what they want, imo. The hero is able to admit his faults, the coward won't.

Burner
You piss me off so ****ing much. I wish someone would take away your freedom of speech.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Burner
You piss me off so ****ing much. I wish someone would take away your freedom of speech.

negative ill will wishing, how should someone reward you for that, in fear (u r threatening me, why)? people don't have to agree to get along.

chithappens
that's not a threat, merely ill wishing

Schecter
u r threatening me, why

and now its false accusations of criminal intent. you really suck at life.

Czarina_Czarina
and now its false accusations of criminal intent. you really suck at life.

no, it's a question, if he doesn't mean it as a threat, it doesn't matter, if he does, then it does matter, how would a person go about "shutting someone up?" that sounds like they want to do something to someone, but i want to know if it's just words or if it's a real threat. if that was a debating tactic, it's tacky, if he doesn't like my words, just say he'll just ignore me, but to say that someone should shut me up, that can be insinuating to "anyone" who reads it and may feed into that kind of negativity.

i am not like the kind of people you are use to, i do accept apologies, i do hand them out even if no offense was taken, i do not jump the gun and i am not out for blood (or on a power trip).

Schecter
he said nothing that even eluded to a threat. you either dont know how to read or you're a flatout liar
(to the point of falsley accusing someone of threatening you? did he rape you as well?).
either way you have problems. serious problems. i would pity you if you deserved it, but you dont.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Good. I'm glad he was fired. And i hope CBS radio follows suit.

He pulled a Mike Richards and paid good for it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18063270/

Horseshit....Imus got fired because the adverstisers pull out not because of integrity and social racial justice. Gimme a break already.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? Oh, who cares about those two ambulance chasers....they do nothing but start fires and call the firemen.

Czarina_Czarina
he said nothing that even eluded to a threat. you either dont know how to read or you're a flatout liar
(to the point of falsley accusing someone of threatening you? did he rape you as well?).
either way you have problems. serious problems. i would pity you if you deserved it,
but you dont.

I ASKED A QUESTION, OMG, STOP IT, A PERSON CAN ASK A QUESTION AND HAS THE RIGHT, SO STOP IT, AND I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, OK?

SAYING THAT SOMEONE SHOULD TAKE AWAY MY FREE SPEECH IS A THREAT TO ME (MY FREE SPEECH). AND I ASKED: WHY? JUST B/C I PISS HIM OFF? THAT'S HOW TO SOLVE EVERY PISS OFF?

Schecter
did you just threaten me?

Czarina_Czarina
did you just threaten me?

By asking you to stop it? you are trying to parrot me and the old game of "monkey do" (monkey see, monkey do), it's not very intelligent, it demonstrates that you lack insightfulness and just default to copy-catting.

and i will do as i said and stop responding to you, so you can respond back all you want, i will officially ignore you.

Schecter
i was just asking a question. i wasnt accusing you of anything.
(funny how your sense of implication/accusation flips belly-up when applied to anyone but you)

:edit: i asked you because i just felt threatened and afraid by your all caps posting.

Schecter

LOL!

2,440,000 hits on google for "nappy headed hos"

thats weird...today the google hits dropped drasticallyto 1,970,000 confused

how does 500,000 hits disappear in a day (well...just about 12 hours actually) ?

:edit: still, more hits for "nappy headed hos" than the following:
"we the people" 1,320,000 hits
"i have a dream" 1,800,000 hits
"ask not what your country can do for you" 231,000 hits

thats right. imus > MLK, JFK, and we the people messed

chithappens
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Horseshit....Imus got fired because the adverstisers pull out not because of integrity and social racial justice. Gimme a break already.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? Oh, who cares about those two ambulance chasers....they do nothing but start fires and call the firemen.

good, i'm not the only one to recognize this.

Schecter

it can be argued that sharpton was key in mobilising people. what i mean is its possible that if it wasnt for him as an agitating/instigating factor, less people would have taken notice/been enflamed and thus less effect on sponsor pullout.

i dont think this is really the case, but just throwing that point out there

Schecter
anyone who's interested in the imus/google phenomenon, come play the google quote game and try to beat imus laughing out loud : http://www.killermovies.com/forums/448406_1-the-google-quote-game

WrathfulDwarf
Just who the F ck are Al Sharpton and that friggin *beep* Jesse Jackson (KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!) to say what is decent and what is not decent?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/12/national/main2675273.shtml

Who the *beep* gave these two police badgets and tell people what should or shouldn't be decent?

Sorry, but these two are taking a giant shit on what Malcom X and MLK worked for when they were alive.

chillmeistergen
if that was a debating tactic, it's tacky,

I don't think you're the right person to assess debating tactics, seeing as yours are usually a story that involves; one of your friends and a metal chair. Or something equally as idiotic.

botankus
Just who the F ck are Al Sharpton and that friggin *beep* Jesse Jackson (KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!) to say what is decent and what is not decent?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/12/national/main2675273.shtml

Who the *beep* gave these two police badgets and tell people what should or shouldn't be decent?

Sorry, but these two are taking a giant shit on what Malcom X and MLK worked for when they were alive.

Not to worry; they'll both be dead soon with no immediate successor (with the same equivalent power) in sight.

debbiejo
You're swearing, you're swearing. The MOD is swearing.

eek!

FeceMan
http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object/610/56/n2372291638_39201.jpg

debbiejo
lol

Mindship
Does this mean gangsta rap is gonna get canceled too?

Schecter
not this moot point again messed

can we all accept that this isnt an act of law and that he was simply fired?

Robtard
...and it case it hasn't been covered, what he said was on public radio; not private. Rap/Hip Hop music aired on public radio is edited and if you want to hear the "offensive" lyrics you must willfully buy and/or listen to it.

Schecter
its a privately owned station. the airways are only "public" in the sense that they are subject to fcc laws and regulations. other than that they can fire whomever they please.

chithappens
Close this damn thread. There is no point to this anymore

Czarina_Czarina
if they really cared about what was played in the public, they wouldn't feel as comfortable when R&B sex or "booty music" is played in stores, for anyone to hear. a lot of sex music is played during the day time, i have been in stores and have heard explicit sexual R&B music and just embarrassed, you know they don't leave much to the imagination these days (in the lyrics).

here's a funny reply about Imus (this is as letter) and it's funny b/c he embraces the stereotype of being a racist and you can hear the sarcasm in what he says:

"Still, as the ongoing Don Imus controversy illustrates, there is much more work to be done. Here we have a respected white broadcaster (and, like Our Leader, a true cowboy of the city, a Marlboro Man for the new millennium) who is being castigated for telling a joke employing an old slave era stereotype about promiscuous black women and the racial inferiority of their hair.

And it was a very funny joke, the kind of joke that regularly has the boys at my heritage defense association laughing their butts off. They just love him. Indeed, our kleagle won't allow us to light the heritage cross until after he's retold a couple of his favorite Imus jokes--the one about the money-grubbing Jews and another about Hitlery getting cornrows and gold caps on her teeth so she can get the black vote.

Unfortunately, black people's sense of humor isn't as highly developed as ours. They were offended by Imus' joke and are writing letters demanding that he be fired. That's a form of employment discrimination, isn't it? I think it's time for you to step up and arrest them for violating Imus's civil rights. That'll teach 'em for oppressing the white man.

Heterosexually yours,"

http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/2007_04_08_archive.html#620221923492478826

Schecter
you know what? i guess people just need to desperately cling to their own theories, however factually incorrect they are. i just hate parrots.

ZOMG BLACK BOOTY RAPPERZZZ!!!!111

that makes as much sense as bringing up marylin manson.
wtf do recording artists have to do with a radio disk jockey?

look: ITS COMPLETELY UNRELATED> thats not my opinion, that is reality. feel free to disagree with reality but that makes you deluded at best but likely an idiot. there is no connection, you just seem right because angry idiots rush to agree with anything that supports their "OH NOES FREEDOM OF SPEECH1" claims.

Devil King
Heterosexually yours

That's a whole different debate. This isn't about protecting the public from sex, drugs and rock-n-roll or slapping obtuse ratings symbols over half the screen when a show begins or returns from commercial breaks. It's about a man being fired because he acted exactly the same as he has always acted. Do I think he should have been fired, yes I do. But not over this. Because he should have been fired a long time ago and has never been entertaining.

chithappens
OMG close this damn thread

Devil King
sorry. what was that?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>