Black Cat vs Domino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Black Cat(with probability alteration powers)

vs

Domino(standard equipment minus explosives)

Fight to the death.

Who takes it?

Martian_mind
Domino.More skill,more Experience and her luck powers push her stats to Superhuman levels.

phillipan
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Domino.More skill,more Experience and her luck powers push her stats to Superhuman levels.

People really underestimate Black Cat.

Dominos powers giver her good luck and Black Cats powers give her enemies bad luck.

If they both have luck powers they would cancel each other out so Domino has no edge there and isnt superhuman.

As for skill if you mean mastered more fighting abilites then yes but what has she done thats shown such great fighting ability? We dont know if have the stunts and flips she pulls would work without her powers here or how she would react in a situation without her luck.

Black Cat has always relied on equipment to enhance her strength, balance and agility. Her fighting skills are no joke either.

I give it to Black Cat 6-7/10 big grin

guy222
Originally posted by darthgoober
Black Cat(with probability alteration powers)

vs

Domino(standard equipment minus explosives)

Fight to the death.

Who takes it?

bc ftw

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by phillipan
People really underestimate Black Cat.

Dominos powers giver her good luck and Black Cats powers give her enemies bad luck.

If they both have luck powers they would cancel each other out so Domino has no edge there and isnt superhuman.

As for skill if you mean mastered more fighting abilites then yes but what has she done thats shown such great fighting ability? We dont know if have the stunts and flips she pulls would work without her powers here or how she would react in a situation without her luck.

Black Cat has always relied on equipment to enhance her strength, balance and agility. Her fighting skills are no joke either.

I give it to Black Cat 6-7/10 big grin

Wrong.

Domino's powers give others bad luck as well. It's cause buildings to fall and ledges to collapse around her enemies. And Martian was reffering to how Dom's luck powers push her reaction times and physical stats to superhuman levels. And Dom's fought for many years side by side with some of the greatest mercenaries alive, and has proven she's skilled and tactical enough to go toe to toe with Deadpool and could kill friggen Cable whenever she pleases. Not to mention her firearms give her the clear advantage here.

Dom 9-10/10

phillipan
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Wrong.

Domino's powers give others bad luck as well. It's cause buildings to fall and ledges to collapse around her enemies. And Martian was reffering to how Dom's luck powers push her reaction times and physical stats to superhuman levels. And Dom's fought for many years side by side with some of the greatest mercenaries alive, and has proven she's skilled and tactical enough to go toe to toe with Deadpool and could kill friggen Cable whenever she pleases. Not to mention her firearms give her the clear advantage here.

Dom 9-10/10

It still doesnt dismiss the fact that their probabilty altering powers would cancel each other out.

No one is denying Domino her skills. Shes crazy good, yeah, better than Black Cat. But without her luck powers domino is severly downgraded. She is left still talented but WITHOUT any enhanced stats (speed, agility, strength). Felicia has her costume and highly specialized equipment.

Earings for balance, costume gives her already peak strength (for a woman her stature) a moderate boost and an agility boost. Felicia has hurt people with superhuman stats before and she fights superpowered ppl all the time.

Now I usually argue that skill would trump over minor enhancements in strength and speed departments but my point of us, AND domino herself not knowing how she would react depowered, remains valid.

So I still give felicia a sligth edge 6/10

phillipan
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Wrong.

Dom 9-10/10

It still doesnt dismiss the fact that their probabilty altering powers would cancel each other out.

No one is denying Domino her skills. Shes crazy good, yeah, better than Black Cat. But without her luck powers domino is severly downgraded. She is left still talented but WITHOUT any enhanced stats (speed, agility, strength). Felicia has her costume and highly specialized equipment.

Earings for balance, costume gives her already peak strength (for a woman her stature) a moderate boost and an agility boost. Felicia has hurt people with superhuman stats before and she fights superpowered ppl all the time.

Now I usually argue that skill would trump over minor enhancements in strength and speed departments but my point of us, AND domino herself not knowing how she would react depowered, remains valid.

I Still give felicia a slight edge. Black Cat 6/10.

jrodslam
Domino.

phillipan
Sorry for the double post. Damn windows vista! mad

Originally posted by jrodslam
Domino.

um, care to elaborate?

starlock
Domino 7/10

Domino trains hard(many instances of her training with cable and x-force),she teaches not to rely on your powers,she has been deprived of her powers(and this match there is a chance of their powers canceling eachother out,dominos luck seems to be much more impressive than black cat) and still looked impressive,

More skilled,better ranged weapons-
Match is to the death -in domino's favor

I give black cat some wins,she is definetly gonna have a chance to take some wins

Now H2H is another matter

phillipan
Weapons are an advantage to Domino seeing as she guns ready at her disposal and Domino has a definite skill advantage.

Meanwhile Black Cat really has strength, speed, and agility.
confused

I didnt really take guns into consideration before. Felicia has consistantly dodged lasers and gun fire before such as breaking in to the latverian embassy and getting past the security. I dont know how long she can keep it up though.

Martian_mind
Whilst he cancel out theory is valid,care to show if Black Cas powers are equal to Dominoes?for all we know Domino has the stronger one,and could cancel out Black cats.

Domino is already close to peak human due to her training regime,and her skills are far better then Cats,so a h2h would be even.But throw in guns and Dominoes swords,i say she takes it.

bitca360
I was thinking the same thing, just because they both have "luck" related powers doesn't automatically mean they're on the same power level with them...I'm willing to bet that Domino's luck powers would give her a decent advantage over Black Cat's ability...also Domino's probability field is constantly on, so as long as stays active she can potentially dodge anything BC throws at her & added to Domino's training of combat scenarios, I'd say the win is hers

phillipan
Well Black Cat only had badluck powers for a 2 year run, 1984 - 1986 (Spectacular Spiderman #89 to Spectacular Spiderman #115) after that her powers got mutated into natural versions of all the enhancements her costume currently give her (claws, balance, strength, vision).

While she had her power it would manifest its self in differnt ways including enemies tripping, guns jamming, backfiring, devices exploding.
Domino has had her powers WAY longer so its natural for her to have more instances but they are not more elaborate.

A second point is that Felicias powers were subconcious so she wouldnt need to focus on them and she could have focused on the fight more.

But my theory remains that their powers would cancel each other out. EIther that or BOTH their powers remained active and then bad things would be running amock, Dominos guns backfiring, Felicia tripping, debris collapsing.

SpunkySmurph

I Still give felicia a slight edge. Black Cat 6/10. There probability altering powers would only cancel out what affects each other. Dom's power affects her all the time- guiding her through different paths, enhancing her physical capabilities, etc. Black Cat couldn't do anything about that.

Also, Dom is a deadly, skilled combatant first and foremost before she is a luck-manipulator. She has never required her powers for combat, and wouldn't in this situation either.

As does Dom. Dom is also close to peak human in any areas where she isn't superhuman.

Dom has a lot of expierience without direct access to her powers, would still be more agile, much faster reactions and combat speed, and would have the definite range advantage. This isn't even touching on the fact that her luck powers are stronger then Cat's ever were.

Domino 9-10/10

phillipan
How would luck powers be more effective than other? Unless Domino causes badthings to happen with more frequency or severity?

Also if what your saying is correct, Dominos powers work both for her and against her enemies right? Well Black Cats powers only work against her enemies so I see what your saying but u have it back words. Black Cat would be plauged with bad luck and Domino would just be at normal operating levels.

Im gonna check to understand how Dominos powers work.

SpunkySmurph
How would luck powers be more effective than other? Unless Domino causes badthings to happen with more frequency or severity?

Also if what your saying is correct, Dominos powers work both for her and against her enemies right? Well Black Cats powers only work against her enemies so I see what your saying but u have it back words. Black Cat would be plauged with bad luck and Domino would just be at normal operating levels.

Im gonna check to understand how Dominos powers work. Exactly. Dom's luck powers are, on a regular basis, stronger. They have larger affects, and happen more often.

Right.
The portion of Dom's powers that affect herself- the fact that it causes agility/speed boosting impulses to the brain, etc. would be unaffected.

The portion that causes her to never be hit by projectiles, or causes guns to backfire, etc., would cancel out with Cat's.

The portion that causes ledges and walls to collapse around Cat would still be in effect.

phillipan
All right after reading up on her bio's it seems that her luck powers are manifested through some kind of telekinesis she cant control and nervous impulses that guide her.

Black Cat directly affects probabilty fields so the two wouldnt seem to intermingle. IF thats the case I have to give Domino an edge 8/10, but if they do get canceled out (which could be possible being that that Black Cats probabilty fields screw with dominos powers) then I still remain that Cat can at least stalemate 5/10.

Too bad these characters arent played out more. sad

Soljer
I pretty much agree with Spunky on all points - Domino is superior in damn near every way, powers included.

She'll take this for a nice majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.