Why Akon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vintageSW77
As were going through the quiet period at work this week weve been allowed to have the radio on(whoop de ****ing doo) and ive just discovered to my disbelief just how popular this ringtone king **** AKON is.
This guy in my opinion cannot sing for shit
not in a bad but good way like say Shaun Ryder or John Lydon but plain ****ing awful its a a horrid whine.
there is no escape from the ****

Theres that "ooh rude word" pile of crap with banned from the UK proffesional smoker Snoop Dog which almost every chav ****wit i encounter has on his mobile phone,not forgetting the infantile track on which he duets with some **** on helium and the one where Gwen Steffani probably paid him shitloads just to go "WHOO HOO!" in a very annoying voice.

What is the attraction?
Why is this **** so big?
im curious

vintageSW77

Burnt Pancakes
'Cause it's Akon and Young Geeeeeeezyyyy.. trying to take it, eeeeassyyyyyyy!!!

vintageSW77
more cheeeeeeeeezy than Geeeeeeeeeeezy

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
'Cause it's Akon and Young Geeeeeeezyyyy.. trying to take it, eeeeassyyyyyyy!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

chillmeistergen
I ****ing hate Akon, he's a ****in cvnt and I'd love to knock him out. Is it me or can neither him or any of his stupid mates appear alone in their awful songs, they have to draft in the help of Akon, Snoop dogg and a load of other sell out waste of spaces.

EPIIIBITES
I like "smack that" song...and I think his voice is pretty trippy. It sounds over-produced though, and he might sound like crap live.

SnakeEyes
Why Akon?

Because there are many people out there who like shitty music.

And you see, Akon falls under that category, therefore, he is popular amongst those kind of people.

vintageSW77
ah those people

as for his over produced vocal style its similar to the technique Mrs Beckham uses to cover up her shortcomings on the mic

Joey Stacks
Because he makes good music.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Joey Stacks

Haha, you think he makes music?

-AC

PiruBlood
akon is good music for just getting a woman in the bed. i like his stuff it may not be true hiphop but its some good r@b shit.

Tengu
hip-hop..... and akon .......in the same sentence......what?

PiruBlood
Originally posted by Tengu
hip-hop..... and akon .......in the same sentence......what?

hey dont hate on me hate the radio networks that say and i quote your source for hiphop. next thing you know akons on. akons r@b not hiphop

Tengu
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Why Akon?

Because there are many people out there who like shitty music.

And you see, Akon falls under that category, therefore, he is popular amongst those kind of people. yes
"Stupid People dig stupid-ass music"
-Brother Ali

EPIIIBITES
Smack That might be an annoying ringtone, but it sounds pretty kickn' in a club.

office jesus
Originally posted by Joey Stacks

You sir, have no taste.

pcp
Akon is very poor. Not in the sense of currency, as I'm sure he's rich in that sense but poor in sense of he's unoriginal and as Chillmeistergen said, seems to only appear in songs featuring other people.

papabeard
Ha , i was talking about the same thing in work the other day. There is no rational explanation.

Actually it might be due to the fact that he is so non-threatening, hes popular with the young kids, his songs are like advert jingles or tv show songs.

He's the R&B Barney. big grin

Quiero Mota
His voice really annoys me.

MildPossession
Tom Cruise likes him, so therefore Akon is just phenomenal... or am I thinking of some other 'hip hop' singer he likes. Help me out.

Eccentric
My favourite Akon song is "I Can't Wait".

Bardock42
I don't even know the guy.

You know who are good, though? The Talking Heads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.