The new Authority run.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
The new Authority run what happend to it, clean langauge now??? with a bunch of #$%&*(^&^*%^$&%(*&&&&*(((__# crap instead of Fuk you..

I'm sorry but it's not the same read anymore.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
It's superb. Midnighter Vs. The U.S.A. in issue 3.

endrict
Yah it is but they don't swear.... swearing is what makes the unique.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by endrict
Yah it is but they don't swear.... swearing is what makes the unique.

Pick up a few trades of the Preacher.

willRules
The new Authority run what happend to it, clean langauge now??? with a bunch of #$%&*(^&^*%^$&%(*&&&&*(((__# crap instead of Fuk you..

I'm sorry but it's not the same read anymore.

So what are you saying? the comics are good because they swear? I have recently read volume one of Authority and I'm reading volume two and I haveta say my favourite bits so far aren't when a character swears but when a character (Like Midnighter) says "Door" yes

I think Authority is pretty good. I haveta say I don't like the continual swearing or the continual references to Midnighter's and Apollo's homosexuality, not because of my own opinions but simply because it's obvious that the writers include these things in the storyline simply to make it look like they are pushing the barriers or showing off and that their controversy will sell. yes

In fact I prefer Authority for it's cool fight scenes, it's wide screen comic panel layout and it's decent plot lines, not because I can read a comic and say "Wow he/she just swore, how cool are they?" roll eyes (sarcastic)

endrict
Just because they Don't swear that doesn't mean it's a crap book, however it doesn't feel like the same read. They can tone the swearing down abit though, F this and F that does get old fast.

willRules
Just because they Don't swear that doesn't mean it's a crap book, however it doesn't feel like the same read. They can tone the swearing down abit though, F this and F that does get old fast.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The only reason they are swearing the first place is because they know it's controversial and that sells, my only gripe is I don't want a book that's controversial, I want a book that's a good read. I find that Authority can be a good read without swearing or other controversial themes yes

DigiMark007
Actually, as much as I'm all about keeping language toned down except when it's needed, I'll co-sign the swearing comments. Jenny Quantum isn't the same if she isn't dropping the f-bomb once every other page or so. Her dialogue in the Revolution arc was simply priceless.

The rest I can handle though.

Validus
Screw the new Authority book.

Relaunched book + Massive delays = Failure

Same goes for Wildcats.

endrict
THE AUTHORITY = WS = JIM LEE = Relaunched book and Massive delays.

endrict
I so want Revolution arc

DigiMark007
Bah! We finally succeed in making Authority reasonably popular on the forums, then Wildstorm screws them over royally.

Once a month wouldn't kill them.

erm

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Bah! We finally succeed in making Authority reasonably popular on the forums, then Wildstorm screws them over royally.

Once a month wouldn't kill them.

erm

Is the Authority popular on this board?

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Validus
Screw the new Authority book.

Relaunched book + Massive delays = Failure

Same goes for Wildcats.

Co-signed like a mother-****er.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Co-signed like a mother-****er. I don't mind delays really, but I agree it's poor show for a relaunch. Great book though.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by willRules
I think Authority is pretty good. I haveta say I don't like the continual swearing or the continual references to Midnighter's and Apollo's homosexuality, not because of my own opinions but simply because it's obvious that the writers include these things in the storyline simply to make it look like they are pushing the barriers or showing off and that their controversy will sell. yes

I disagree with this. Nowadays, that's how a vast majority of people talk. It's only natural, not to mention it's a part of their character.

As a side note, I don't think Apollo and Midnighter's homosexuality is referenced any more than, say, Jack and Angie's relationship, or any more than it would be in the real world.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Actually, as much as I'm all about keeping language toned down except when it's needed, I'll co-sign the swearing comments. Jenny Quantum isn't the same if she isn't dropping the f-bomb once every other page or so. Her dialogue in the Revolution arc was simply priceless.

The rest I can handle though.

Indeed. That entire arc was priceless. stick out tongue

willRules
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I disagree with this. Nowadays, that's how a vast majority of people talk. It's only natural, not to mention it's a part of their character.

As a side note, I don't think Apollo and Midnighter's homosexuality is referenced any more than, say, Jack and Angie's relationship, or any more than it would be in the real world.

But both these subjects are still controversial subjects. Regardless of how many people hold one opinion or another it is still controversial and controversy sells. I'm not necessarily saying it shouldn't be in the comic because some people don't agree with it, I'm saying that it seems like the writers are using the controversy to make money when they could be using those pages to tell a good story like they do in most issues of the Authority. yes

I wasn't saying how I felt about the issues, just how the writers seem to exploit the issues yes

H. S. 6
I still don't see your point. Yeah, these issues are controversial topics, but what is your suggestion?

Are you saying controversial topics shouldn't be included in comics, because it must the writers selling the story out for a buck? Or are you saying that stories with controversial topics can't make good stories?

These things are part of every day life. Just because they're controversial doesn't mean we shouldn't include them in comics.

CasanoVa
He just doesn't like gays erm

willRules
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I still don't see your point. Yeah, these issues are controversial topics, but what is your suggestion?

Are you saying controversial topics shouldn't be included in comics, because it must the writers selling the story out for a buck? Or are you saying that stories with controversial topics can't make good stories?

These things are part of every day life. Just because they're controversial doesn't mean we shouldn't include them in comics.

All I'm saying is that whilst I enjoyed the issues of Authority that I have so far read (I'm still reading them) I felt that some of the more controversial topics weren't for the sake of the storyline but for sales purposes. I'm not saying that pg friendly or more politically correct topics that are controversial also aren't just for sales or otherwise it's just the impression I got from reading the issues yes I'm not definitely saying that they should or shouldn't be included in comics, it's just something that I hadn't really considered before yes

But yeah overall I'm enjoying the series. I have read up to halfway through the second volume and my favourite storyline so far has to be the one where the Authority fight the evil doctor bloke yes

willRules
Originally posted by CasanoVa
He just doesn't like gays erm

Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying roll eyes (sarcastic)

CasanoVa
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying roll eyes (sarcastic)

somebody needs to learn when other people are being sarcastic too

roll eyes (sarcastic)

willRules
laughing fair enough

H. S. 6
All I'm saying is that whilst I enjoyed the issues of Authority that I have so far read (I'm still reading them) I felt that some of the more controversial topics weren't for the sake of the storyline but for sales purposes. I'm not saying that pg friendly or more politically correct topics that are controversial also aren't just for sales or otherwise it's just the impression I got from reading the issues yes I'm not definitely saying that they should or shouldn't be included in comics, it's just something that I hadn't really considered before yes

But yeah overall I'm enjoying the series. I have read up to halfway through the second volume and my favourite storyline so far has to be the one where the Authority fight the evil doctor bloke yes

I can see where you're coming from, but I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. stick out tongue

willRules
Fair enough smile

endrict
Who is that ken guy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.