Pathfinder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Anybody think this will be cool? smile

Newjak
Originally posted by batdude123
Anybody think this will be cool? smile Hard to say really.

I mean with 300 you had an epic story. This ones I don't know about seems like it will be a mixture of 300 and Braveheart and Pocahontas together but on a much smaller scale.

Morridini
This must be the stupidest re-make idea I have ever heard of. As u might not know this is a re-make of an old Norwegian movie (which really sucked), just compare the plots:

Original: The movie is about a young Sami boy who lived in northern Norway/Sweden/Russia around 1100-1200 AD. His family is killed by some evil Vepsians but he gets away. Then we have about 40 min of boredom before the Vepsians try to take over his tribe and they choose him to "find their Path" (which is why the movie is called Pathfinder), he tricks them to go on a dangerous path and almost all of them die. "And they lived happily ever after"

Re-make: "A Viking boy is left behind after his clan battles a Native American tribe. Raised within the tribe, he ultimately becomes their savior in a fight against the Norsemen." (copy-paste from IMDB).

I'm not saying that the Pathfinder will suck, but I just think it's pretty far fetched to call it a re-make.

roughrider
This should be in Movie discussion - it's not related to comics.

And no, I don't expect it to be good. It's been delayed twice - originally to come out last summer, then last January, now this week - always a bad sign. And Marcus Nispel did that stupid remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Too bad, because I like the subject matter.

batdude123
Originally posted by roughrider
This should be in Movie discussion - it's not related to comics.

Actually, Dark Horse makes Pathfinder comics... so yeah... it is. erm

Validus
It looks bad. Almost as bad as NEXT. sick

roughrider
Originally posted by batdude123
Actually, Dark Horse makes Pathfinder comics... so yeah... it is. erm

It's tenuous. Dark Horse did release the graphic novel which inspired this, but their inspiration is still the Norweigan film from 1987. I think at it's core, a a film must have a comic/graphic novel as it's base inspiration, for this forum. But, I guess the line could be blurred here...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.